13 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

No specific plans as yet. My thoughts on this change daily! At this precise moment I've decided to work largely with what I've got sitting around unpainted in order to get up to 2000 points, so no aetherwings at all initially - I'll be relying on the 3 Prosecutors from the first starter set for 'around the back antics' as @syph0n put it! :D

I think you're absolutely right about this, and this is one of the areas where I'm struggling a bit. I really want to include a Lord Ordinator with at least one Celestar Ballista, so I'm hoping they can fulfill this role from afar. Neither Fulminators nor Longstrike Raptors strike me as particularly 'Anvilgardy', which is an issue that exists entirely within my own head, but there it is!

Definitely going with Aqshy - it would be a lore-crime not to! All of the heroes in my current list are more or less utility heroes with low wounds, low speed and very little staying power. Even my general is just a Lord-Relictor. So I don't think giving any of them the ability to fly and harass the rear lines is going to help them stay alive and fulfill their roles. I'm thinking of giving the Relictor the Ruby Ring just to get some reliable mortal wound output in there.

Yeah, I normally have an aversion to black armour and elves too. But I fell in love with the Cthulhu-esque Anvilgard artwork and somehow that's managed to overpower my usual inclinations. Now I love 'em! :)

I think that's true of every army to some extent in an objectives-based game to be honest. I don't think it's the only strategy that can work though. At least I hope it isn't, because aside from one chariot everything else in my army is slogging it on foot!

It's like you read my mind with the endless spells. I think you really need to double down on controlling your opponent's movement with this Anvilgard strategy, so the palisade and shackles are exactly what I'm taking. I now also have a sorceress to summon them on, although how reliable she'll be remains to be seen. Having Darkshards/Bleakswords/Dreadspears to sacrifice to improve her casting would certainly be a big boost, and they'd be a good battleline choice too I think (lots of bodies), although I'm stuck with Liberators for now.

I've almost finished painting up 10 Corsairs and I refuse to paint any more! So much time and effort required to clean and assemble so many fiddly bits. So many different colours/textures/materials to paint. And I really dislike their Michael Jackson 'Smooth Criminal' pose. I'm taking 40 flagellants instead. No battalions for me.

I can't face painting horde armies unless there's an obviously quicker way, like Nighthaunt. It's been a task doing Drakespawn Knights! 

Another good killing unit to consider are Executioners, though I'm not sure if there's better options in none Aelven Anvilgard factions! 

Just now, syph0n said:

I can't face painting horde armies unless there's an obviously quicker way, like Nighthaunt. It's been a task doing Drakespawn Knights! 

Another good killing unit to consider are Executioners, though I'm not sure if there's better options in none Aelven Anvilgard factions! 

I think I've got a plan to get my flagellants done quickly. We shall see!

I assume there's probably something reasonably hard-hitting in the Dispossessed faction (haven't looked properly), but they'll be painfully slow for sure.

I figured it's been a while since I posted any fresh content in this or the Ironweld thread. AoS 2 is still very fresh and so there aren't a lot of tactics posts I can do for the Ironweld thread until I've got a few more games under my belt, and so here's the first in an irregular feature going into a bit more depth on getting the most use out of the battle trait and troops available to  each free city allegiance I'd like to call...

The Lonely Realmsphere Guide to...

TEMPEST'S EYE

alxBrmG.jpg

As I'm a desert first kind of guy, I'm starting this series with my personal favourite Free City, and the one I have exclusively played games under the flag of since Firestorm came out (sorry Greywater Fastness, you had your chance, but decided to start admitting Dispossessed way too late).

Home to troops hailing from the Ironweld Arsenal, Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Kharadron Overlords, Swifthawk Agents, Eldritch Council and a less well known faction in the form of Stormcast Eternals, Tempest's Eye offers cool, breezy weather; unmatched aerial vistas of the Flamescar Plateau; and Alert and Forewarned, a battle trait that gives a +2 (+4 if you're a flyer) movement and +1 save boost in the first battleround of the game.

There are three main ways you can use Alert and Forewarned, all solid in isolation, even better used together. I've detailed them with a list of the units that particularly excel at or benefit from them below:

THE FIRST TURN FLYING CHARGE:

Easily the most obvious way to use Alert and Forewarned. Take your fastest front line flyers and smash them into the enemy, laughing as you do it because you've got an extra pip of save. Fair warning - they'll need to be your very fastest flyers (14"+ basic move without any extra charge bonuses) with a command point or two stored for Forward to Victory! rerolls, as you can never guarantee first turn even with a single drop list and the inherent multiculturalism of most Free City armies will mean you're probably unlikely to have any battalions at all, vastly increasing the odds of a savvy opponent handing you the first turn with 24" of board between your models and theirs to cover.

With careful deployment you can easily get the jump on an opponent, charging a pair of flying characters into opposite ends of a big unit to minimise the models able to pile in without breaking coherency while dealing maximum damage in return. Be warned that it may be sensible to retreat or withdraw any charging flyers on the second turn to rejoin the rest of your army while it waits to catch up, depending on how much damage they've taken/look likely to take.

Flyers especially good at making a first turn flying charge include but are not limited to:

• Freeguild General on Griffon - The go to affordable behemoth with a great command ability that only makes him better at charging and hitting things.  Now that anyone can pop a command ability, not just the guy in charge, I'd think about taking two of these guys, one with a Quicksilver Potion to wreck anything they get into before it's got a chance to fight back.
  • Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers - Not normally anyone's favourite Prosecutor armament, and far from the most nails hand to hand combatant, most people would be right to overlook these guys for javelins, but if you want a resilient unit able to clear out swathes of infantry in the wake of a flying monster and potentially grab and objective after it's been cleared out you could do worse than 9-12 of these guys with shield and grandaxes.
  • Lord Celestant on Dracoth - Yep, this guy doesn't fly, oh wait, slap a Thermalrider Cloak on him and yes he does. With a first turn 18" move and 2+ save , rerolling 1s and bouncing back mortal wounds, this guy is something I'm very excited to experiment with moving forward. Models can't choose to not attack if the option's available in the new edition, so just bounce him sideways into a big unit of infantry without any rend and watch him go to town.

IMPROVED THREAT RANGE:

Say whaaaat, being fast helps missile units?! It sure does. A unit's threat range is the sum of the range of  it's missile weapons and movement value, effectively the maximum distance can be away from you in order for you to shoot in in a single turn. Most threat ranges in AoS are pretty tight, leaving you with very little wriggle room when deploying if you want to guarantee being able to shoot if you go first (remember, Free City forces are inherently more likely to not finish deploying first).

Having a longer threat range than your opponent's missile troops and wizards is also vital if you want to shoot them out before they can shoot out your missile troops, meaning you now only have to worry about keeping them out of combat and giving you ranged dominance for the rest of the battle.

Ranged units notably benefiting from Alert and Forewarned are:

• Quarrellers - A unit of 30 of these guys backed up by a Runelord just jumped from good to great. With a 4" move  (little legs!) and 20" crossbows, Quarrellers normally wouldn't get to shoot at all going first in a battleplan involving both armies deploying 24" away from each other. Quarrellers from Tempest's Eye now can, with room to do it in two ranks at a squeeze.
  • Ironweld Arsenal Artillery - I bet you were reading this and thought I could last the entire post without mentioning Cannons - sorry (not sorry!). Threat range is absolutely crucial for Ironweld artillery and their very squishy crew, as if an opponent finds themself with a unit in range of the three-single guys who still don't have a fused profile who's job it is to load damage D6 cannonballs they'd probably have to be deliberately throwing the game not to throw all the arrows they have at them, and for this reason I feel that Tempest's Eye is probably a better allegiance for Ironweld focused armies to have than Greywater Fastness. 2" extra threat range can be all the distance your Helstorm Rocket Battery needs between it and and a unit of Skyfires.

PASSIVE BONUS:

Alert and Forewarned isn't just Hail Mary charges and sneaky ways to maximise on shooting, there are way, way more boring ways to use it. None of the Free City battle traits (bar Greywater Fastness') require you to build a list around them to get use out of them, and you could argue that their best use is to allow your troops to do what they'd be doing anyway, just a little better than they would have without that particular bonus special rule.

You don't have to build a list around Alert and Forewarned using the suggestions and unit types above to get some advantage out of it. You might just think the background or colour scheme for Tempest's Eye is cool, or simply have a mixed Order army made up of factions that match the ones allowed. My earliest games with Tempest's Eye allegiance when Firestorm first came out used exactly the same mixed Order, mostly move 4" duardin list I'd run previously, using exactly the same tactics; and while it didn't flip the dynamic of the game on it's head, Alert and Forewarned meant I'd loose a few less models to turn one Gore-Grunta charges, thus doing more damage in return; be able to score objectives I'd have not normally reached, and keep fragile stuff like Gyrocopters in the game for a turn longer than I'd normally have been able to. Was it the deciding factor in winning any games? I'm not sure. Did it make winning games easier? Definitely!

The next time you play a game with a Tempest's Eye list try counting the extra wounds saved in the first battleround due to your army having +1 save, and the objectives you'd not normally have been able to reach and charges you'd have failed without the +2 move. You'd be surprised.

BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER:

While it's entirely possible to develop a list and playstyle based on any of the three above principles on it's own, I feel that they work strongest when combined. An army with as many flyers able to charge on the first turn as possible isn't going to have the artefacts, buffs and command points available to guarantee charges being made and enemies being wiped out before they get to strike back; a gunline will kill a lot of stuff but not score many objectives; and minor passive bonuses are likely to help your army win, but not win any games for it.

I'm currently trying to work to develop these three playstyles in concert as a combined arms finesse force, comprised of had hitting, hard to shift flyers, able to smash into the enemy deployment zone on turn one, pinning your opponent in place and disrupting whatever plan they might have had previously while they're forced to deal with them; giving your long ranged missile troops the opportunity to shoot off anything that might become a threat later in the game; and allowing the limited amount cheap fast moving units like Aetherwings and Reavers, and battleline infantry you were able to afford to grab any objectives relatively unmolested while your opponent concentrates on putting your flyers and missile units down.

After sinking a good two thirds of your points into flying monsters, cannons and their relevant support, you're going to be left with a fairly small selection of "little guys" to cap objectives with, but even if your opponent does prioritise killing them it means they'll still be left with the stuff in your army that actually causes damage um... causing damage, so a list built this way is going to force a lot of tough choices. I'm still experimenting with it (the new edition hasn't been out a week!) and I'll keep the thread informed on how it does.

ENDLESS SPELLS:

I'll keep this one brief because it's all theory, no practice. With the only casting bonus available to them coming from a 460+ point  Stardrake, Tempest's Eye armies are going to struggle to cast most of the more exciting endless spells. The combined army list concept described above is rather low-wound and fragile, and due to how quickly you're going to find yourself in enemy units I'd personally avoid predatory endless spells entirely when using it, as an unlucky priority roll (or choosing to take a double turn) could lead to an out of control pair of Geminids and a dead griffon. I am going to be experimenting with the spells that stay put like Soulsnare Shackles, Everblaze Comet (surprisingly easy to cast for such an expensive spell and possible way out of unbind range), and possibly even Prismatic Palisade as a means of better controlling the battlefield.

ON CHRONOMANTIC COGS:

Chronomantic Cogs (in fast forward mode) is probably the endless spell that on a first impression would best lend itself to combining with Alert and Forewarned for an even bigger boost to first turn charges or threat range. On closer inspection I'd advise against using it though.

Chromomantic Cogs is only going to be useful for helping get flying chargers 24" across the board and improving threat range in the first turn, and in order to be taken advantage of, needs a list to be built around it's use, or at the very least your army to be deployed knowing you're getting the movement and charge bonuses from it. Unfortunately you won't find out if Chonomantic Cogs has been successfully cast until after you've deployed (and finished writing your army list), and with a 7+ casting roll giving a 41.66% chance failure rate, it's much too little of a sure thing to factor into designing a list and tactics.

As an endless spell Chonomantic Cogs is probably one of the best going, an in an army that can guarantee getting at least some use out of it each turn is probably a must buy. Which brings me neatly to the final part of this post...

TEMPEST'S EYE DISPOSSESSED:

I mentioned earlier that the Dispossessed allegiance abilities are very, very bad. How bad? So bad that they can all be replicated better through the Grudgebound War Throng battalion (rerolling 1s to his against all units, not just the one you've grudged + ignoring battleshock results of 1-3 a lot more reliable when you're also rerolling battleshock tests with the Order battle trait), and have a single situationally useful artefact.

Fortunately for the Dispossessed, they're available as part of every Free City allegiance going, with Tempest's Eye probably being the best prospective home for them, closely followed by Anvilgard and the Living City. I actually started this thread as a response to discussions being had about Free City allegiance abilities as an alternative for Dispossessed armies in the Dispossessed discussion thread.

The Dispossessed's main shortcomings are the atrocious movement value of 4" shared across their warscrolls, with no means on a par with Kharadron Overlords or Fyreslayers to get across the battlefield, and shooting with a threat range of lower than 24" in games where you'll struggle to get first turn priority with so many deployment drops (there's very little reason to shell out the points for a Grudgebound War Throng when using allegiance abilities that do the same thing).

Using Tempest's Eye allegiance abilities instead, Dispossessed players will have none of these things to worry about. The 2" movement boost won't seem like a lot, but combines nicely with Chonomantic Cogs cast by an allied Knight-Incantor being active for most of the game (if you're lucky enough to get in off in the first turn you've effectively doubled your guys move). Tempest's Eye Quarrellers are already guaranteed to shoot in the first turn with Alert and Forewarned, but by taking a Grudgebound War Throng you lower the amount of drops in your army by a whopping nine, all but guaranteeing you priority against anything outside of single drop army, meaning you'll be able to shoot with your Irondrakes and Thunderers after your opponent's moved as well. All this and being able to take a Relic Blade on your Unforged - why would you not want your Dispossessed to live in a Free City!

dbGEDsa.jpg

I'll keep writing these articles with varying regularity when I'm high on free time and low on other things to write about. If anyone else would like to write one for a Free City they're interested in or have experience using, please do, I'd be especially keen to hear a veteran Anvilgard player's notes on getting the most out of Implacable March.  ?

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

No specific plans as yet. My thoughts on this change daily! At this precise moment I've decided to work largely with what I've got sitting around unpainted in order to get up to 2000 points, so no aetherwings at all initially - I'll be relying on the 3 Prosecutors from the first starter set for 'around the back antics' as @syph0n put it! :D

I already mentioned them as an in the Dispossessed thread, but when you have cleared your painting backlog, had you thought about using Dark Eldar Razorwings as Aetherwings? It means not having to buy a box of Vanguard-Raptors and they gell pretty well with the gloomy Anvilgard aesthetic your guys rock:

99800112014_RazonwingFlockNEW_01.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a funny list Ive been toying with for Tempest Eye (basically using what i have).

Basically just swamp the table with bodies, using the 10" first turn move with the Disspossed to take half the table, yes i lost the shield re-roll but hopefully with the +1 to save enough will survive they get re-roll all wound rolls againt whoever charged them. Then Freeguid with militia weapons behind with 14" range bow hitting on 2+ from strength of numbers and general buff the following turn.  Will it win, unlikely as have nothing strong to pick out enemy heros, but it should be amusing to play, 204 wounds!

Allegiance: Tempest's Eye
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Warden King (120)
- General
Freeguild General (100)
- Stately War Banner
40 x Warriors (280)
- Axes or Hammers & Shields
30 x Warriors (240)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
40 x Freeguild Guard (280)
- Militia Weapons
40 x Freeguild Guard (280)
- Militia Weapons
30 x Quarrellers (360)
Gyrocopters (80)
- Gun: Brimstone Gun

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 204

Edited by stato
  • Like 1

Looks like an awesomely fun list @stato, though I'd much rather play against it than using it, soo many models to move around! :D 

The Quarrellers, great weapon Warriors and Warden King can be pretty hard hitting combined with a Runelord. You're going to be looking at a lot of Battleshock with so many big units to, so be careful saving command points and take Strategic Genius on your general if you haven't already to get another for free.

How's your Tempest's Eye force going? You haven't updated your blog in ages. :( 

Since we are talking about Tempest's Eye, my favourite allegiance, I'll take the chance to post the changed version of my own list, now in excel form haha to help visualize roughly what I'd bring. The basic idea is to take a strong duardin core with the battalion, effectively making this a Dispossessed(+) allegiance with the extra benefits from Order and Firestorm. To further synergize with the allegiance abilities, I focused on taking Flyers as allies and I gave the Thermalrider coat to the Unforged to buff him up as much as possible so he isn't as useless (6" move with +4 from the cloak and +4 the first turn because he is flying isn't that bad, and with Legendary Fighter he can definitely do some damage while ). Tempest's eye is great, since it allows my duardin to run the first turn and not lose as much from not rerolling saves and allows my irondrakes to be positioned to shoot.

My main focus was to have enough bodies to cap objectives, that's why I went for 40 warriors, and the rest help fill out battalion requirements as well as being screens for my irondrakes and other vulnerable guys. The warden king I built for extra survivability with the second artifact, since I want him to use the command ability as a sort of kill mark for the irondrakes or even the warriors. And last but not least, I had 130 extra points left. I still wanted more speed control in the battle and some way to combat magic and especially endless spells, so a wizard and an endless spell of my own seemed the way to go. Too bad I couldn't fit cogs, but still, with shackles I can somewhat do a similar thing by limiting movement in some parts of the map. 

image.png.2d83aba6c9eac242be1fd286ac444f4f.png

I still don't have all the minis, but I'm really interested in seeing how this list performs since for me it sounds strong on paper. Most of the army re-rolls ones to hit and thanks to the battalion the list doesn't have that many drops, so that's cool.

Edited by smucreo
  • Like 3

Awesome list concept @smucreo- get painting and report back on how it does in action! :D I'm especially excited to see how Irondrakes can do now they can move and double shoot.

I agree that it's a real shame that you can't take the Cogs as this list would massively stand to benefit from them. You could always drop the last 10 Warriors and drop the shackles out for them, or switch the Gyrocopters for Aetherwing units.

Speaking as someone with experience using Dispossessed characters, the Unforged is stone cold doo-doo without a Relic Blade, while the Warden King can hold his own pretty reasonably without a melee artefact, so you might want give the King the cloak and switch their roles around. The Unforged is just gonna have to be patient before ripping 28 wounds into a Chaos unit! :P

It's also a real shame that you can't fit another Runelord in there to capitalise on the Dispossessed's best asset and spread the -2 rend around. You could always loose a Gyrocopter and demote a unit of Longbeards to Warriors to squeeze another one in...

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

I'm especially excited to see how Irondrakes can do now they can move and double shoot.

I played two games with them, they're terrifying! Best units in the stock. The leader attack, doubled, can single handedly take out a monster in one turn.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

I agree that it's a real shame that you can't take the Cogs as this list would massively stand to benefit from them. You could always drop the last 10 Warriors and drop the shackles out for them, or switch the Gyrocopters for Aetherwing units.

Speaking as someone with experience using Dispossessed characters, the Unforged is stone cold doo-doo without a Relic Blade, while the Warden King can hold his own pretty reasonably without a melee artefact, so you might want give the King the cloak and switch their roles around. The Unforged is just gonna have to be patient before ripping 28 wounds into a Chaos unit! :P

It's also a real shame that you can't fit another Runelord in there to capitalise on the Dispossessed's best asset and spread the -2 rend around. You could always loose a Gyrocopter and demote a unit of Longbeards to Warriors to squeeze another one in...

I really haven't used the Unforged ever, actually, so you are more than likely right haha I could try the artifact switch, thanks for the tips! 

About the list changes, My thought process was to test shackles, if they didn't work I was going to try 30 warriors and cogs or just substituting the mage for another runelord and go with that, because yeah, not having the two runelords is something that really stings, but I couldn't find a way to drop the points further without dropping the Gyros, which I absolutely love as models :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

Does anyone know which stormhosts is primarily associated with the Living City?

It's probably safe to assume the Hallowed Knights, but unless I've missed something in from a Black Library book, no Stormhost has officially been named as having a base of operations there (or in Greywater Fastness or the Phoenicium for that matter).

3 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

It's probably safe to assume the Hallowed Knights, but unless I've missed something in from a Black Library book, no Stormhost has officially been named as having a base of operations there (or in Greywater Fastness or the Phoenicium for that matter).

What makes you say the Hallowed Knights?

On 7/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, Double Misfire said:

Looks like an awesomely fun list @stato, though I'd much rather play against it than using it, soo many models to move around! :D 

The Quarrellers, great weapon Warriors and Warden King can be pretty hard hitting combined with a Runelord. You're going to be looking at a lot of Battleshock with so many big units to, so be careful saving command points and take Strategic Genius on your general if you haven't already to get another for free.

How's your Tempest's Eye force going? You haven't updated your blog in ages. :( 

List might have to wait as dont have the freeguild I thought i had.

My Tempest force stalled, i got a lot assembled but had stuff going on in the house so no space to get the airbrush out to paint anything. Time flies when youre not paying attention. I did make a start on finishing 30 Tempest Longbeards last night to ally to my KO for a tournament next Saturday, ill post a pic when they are done. Keen to get back on it and field a proper Tempest force!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stato said:

List might have to wait as dont have the freeguild I thought i had.

My Tempest force stalled, i got a lot assembled but had stuff going on in the house so no space to get the airbrush out to paint anything. Time flies when youre not paying attention. I did make a start on finishing 30 Tempest Longbeards last night to ally to my KO for a tournament next Saturday, ill post a pic when they are done. Keen to get back on it and field a proper Tempest force!

There's always a mainly KO force with Tempest's Eye allegiance abilities. ;) 

(I don't have enough experience with KO to know if this would be any good, but +2/4" move and +1 save couldn't hurt most Kharadron units)

3 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

There's always a mainly KO force with Tempest's Eye allegiance abilities. ;) 

(I don't have enough experience with KO to know if this would be any good, but +2/4" move and +1 save couldn't hurt most Kharadron units)

With the availability of many new artefacts (Aqshy one if you want to be true to Tempest-eye ?) there is a lot of scope for good lists with a KO bias. Ive been waiting for the Stormcast battletome to work out what new options there are from a fully mixed Tempest force, but im pretty interested to come up with a few fun builds mixing factions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stato said:

With the availability of many new artefacts (Aqshy one if you want to be true to Tempest-eye ?) there is a lot of scope for good lists with a KO bias. Ive been waiting for the Stormcast battletome to work out what new options there are from a fully mixed Tempest force, but im pretty interested to come up with a few fun builds mixing factions.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been eyeing up the Thermalrider Cloak as an excuse to model a Kharadron hero up with an (albeit slower moving) aether-endrin.

I got my first game in with Living city in AoS2. The multiple combat abilities worked just as I thought. I had pretty mishmash army as I haven't got time to paint more freeguild due other games, but it still worked fine:

Freeguild general on griffon

Freeguild general on horse, general with Inspiring

Warden king

Runelord

30 Dwarf warriors with 2h axes and shields

30 Halberdiers

10 Archers

3 Kurnoth hunters with scythes in ambush

5 tree revenants

and extra command point to round it to 1500

I played against Tzeentch a scenario from the Tzeentch book, where the Tzeentch player has a table to roll objectives while the enemy tries just to kill everything. He had equally soft list with Ogroid thaumaturg, a Daemon prince, a Chaos sorcerer, Herald on disc, 3x5 chaos warriors, 3x3 flamers and 3 screamers.

Got my griffon and dwarfs in on turn two and they pinned the army on place until the Kurnoths came to help. The runelord kept the magic at bay and without bonuses to casting it was pretty ineffectual in any case. It was very nice to be able to use the griffon lord's ability and hold to line, whichever was more needed and on critical turns both of them. The warden king also used his ability once, but it didn't matter much. The warriors with the runelord giving rend -2 were a great unit, while my halberdiers were all shot by the flamers :)

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Ferrus65 said:

Is there a specific colour scheme for Greywater Fastness living city, and what do you think aret he best ironweld arsenal  units to add? With an Ordinator Lord, of course.

Peachy has done a video that should by help.

I'm currently looking at a couple of Stormcast Ballistas personally for artillery (Only 100 points!), I might add in a Helblaster too for some random fun.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, divineauthority said:

Peachy has done a video that should by help.

I'm currently looking at a couple of Stormcast Ballistas personally for artillery (Only 100 points!), I might add in a Helblaster too for some random fun.

There's also this image, for reference...

Catalouge_Greywater_MultiCol.jpg

5 hours ago, Ferrus65 said:

Is there a specific colour scheme for Greywater Fastness living city, and what do you think aret he best ironweld arsenal  units to add? With an Ordinator Lord, of course.

WGtsp8k.jpg

Ironweld-wise I'd look at the artillery detachment battalion in a Greywater list to give you warmachines two chances to shoot on a six in the hero phase.

50 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

There's also this image, for reference...

Catalouge_Greywater_MultiCol.jpg

I want cannons this big.

:( 

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the info, and Stato love that big gun!

Another thing is still not so clear for me.

May I have a full stormcast army with four ballistas (I have them, I know I exagerated a little bit..) and give them  the Greywater Fastness bonus? Or with a Greywater Fastness alliance I can  only use a generic Order Army?