On 10/1/2019 at 1:46 PM, CrashQuest said:

I never considered using it as a Battlemage on Griffon 🤔 I might think about that

I'm mostly just trying to find a use for my now redundant Swifthawks. Planning to use my Spireguard as Eternal Guard and Reavers as Dark Riders. I would use Skywardens as Anointed on Phoenix as they look more analogous but I don't have any 😅

Are Ellyrian Reavers officially not-a-thing anymore?  Can you not bring them as allies in CoS? 

3 hours ago, SwampHeart said:

Because GW's production doesn't always allow for the kind of information. With Sisters they're aware of the back stock, the exact date for the end of production and what they're willing to produce up until that point. A lot of CoS units were being spun down far in advance of the Last Chance purge and were probably out of stock in some countries at the time of the announcement. PIM is very different from Resin as far as 'print on demand' costs are concerned. 

This is all speculation based on what I do for a living (I deal with the production of plastic automotive parts). 

This remains a failure of planning and communication on gw’s part and it is not up to the customers to be satisfied by excuses. They could have informed us when they stopped production of those kits, or when they were planning to l, so that there would be more forewarning. It is not okay to absolve companies of every instance of mismanagement. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, stratigo said:

This remains a failure of planning and communication on gw’s part and it is not up to the customers to be satisfied by excuses. They could have informed us when they stopped production of those kits, or when they were planning to l, so that there would be more forewarning. It is not okay to absolve companies of every instance of mismanagement. 

EDIT - Nevermind - off topic and unlikely to change your way of thinking regardless. 

Edited by SwampHeart

9 minutes ago, FRoper said:

Has anyone found any usefulness with the steamtank, as it seems so underwhelming now, with the change to the overpressure ability. 

I suspect they probably work pretty well in large numbers, helmed by a commander and capitalising on his command ability for super accurate cannonballs. Hainv just painted one and found out it was quite fiddly I'm not exactly in a hurry to paint any more though... 😕😉

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

I suspect they probably work pretty well in large numbers, helmed by a commander and capitalising on his command ability for super accurate cannonballs. Hainv just painted one and found out it was quite fiddly I'm not exactly in a hurry to paint any more though... 😕😉

I played with one today and was quite disappointed, obviously I don't have the full book to look for. So they have to be taken in a group, so that is alright. 

Also with the freeguild guard warscroll on azre it is correct compared to the book or different as only gaining hit roles rather than attacks seems really weird. 

2 hours ago, FRoper said:

Has anyone found any usefulness with the steamtank, as it seems so underwhelming now, with the change to the overpressure ability. 

I have been thinking on this and you need to take a group. There are 2 things things that hinder steam tanks, random movement and a mixed shooting profile from 8" to 30". I seem them as line support, a moving artillery platform that moves and supports the bulk of your force. The other thing, to get more consistancy you need at least one commander to add a +1 attack and an other bubble +1 buff the make the tank reliable. 

Just my thoughts and first impressions

15 hours ago, Orsino said:

Are Ellyrian Reavers officially not-a-thing anymore?  Can you not bring them as allies in CoS? 

Reavers and Swifthawks still exist in the same way Bretonnia and Tomb Kings still exist, however Swifthawks are not a CoS ally as mentioned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I have a set of Demigryphs to build but haven't decided on halberds or lances. I'm leaning toward lances from a purely aesthetic point but I'd like to hear other people's opinions.

I think Halberds are better for smaller units as they are better for staying in the fight while bigger units can utilize the charge buffs, killing the target in one go and keep charging stuff. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, valenswift said:

Bit disappointed with the cities being so specific and you can't create your own.

Anyways, my question is about the 1 in 4 rules. If i have a living city army can i have 1 in 4 Sylvaneth AND 1 in 4 SCE AND IDK as allies? 

Okay so it works like this to my understanding

1-4 units of Sylvaneth become living city, not allied

1-4 units of SCE become living city, not allied 

Both of these are separate so you can have up to 4 of each. Now IDK you can have as many units as you want as long as they dont go over the 400 point ally restriction.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, michu said:

And with that SoB article - maybe GW just learned their lesson.

Yeah, it's entirely possible that if the cull didn't happen, they'd be having exact same outrage about removing old sisters without warning in a few days ; )

They might've learned something, we'll see how will any future removals work out.

But, speaking of reasons to be angry about models: what do we think - will our entire line except for two start collecting sets remain direct only, or is there a chance for actual repack under AoS brand and return to normal sales? Because, honestly, those models would sell way better if it was easy to buy them. Maybe even at discounted retailer price, who knows.

Otherwise, in a few years someone from GW might start wondering why does this one faction they don't sell in stores sells worse than all the others and, possibly, come to a conclusion we won't like at all...

4 minutes ago, dekay said:

But, speaking of reasons to be angry about models: what do we think - will our entire line except for two start collecting sets remain direct only, or is there a chance for actual repack under AoS brand and return to normal sales? Because, honestly, those models would sell way better if it was easy to buy them. Maybe even at discounted retailer price, who knows.

There‘s no online-only anymore? They changed that if I remember correctly.

16 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Hey so if repost - So Shadowblades have no Relics?

No. They have been joined with the rest of the Cities of Sigmar line, and will have to rely on them for Relics and Command Traits. I guess, you could still play Shadowblades allegiance if you wanted to, but you couldn't include any other cities of sigmar units. I suspect they will remove the allegiance abilities of the combined factions with a new FAQ or General's Handbook. So no, they don't have any of their own, but can use CoS ones now.

45 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Nope. You can get all of them via 3rd party shops.

Only at full price, from what I've seen, same as with old mail order (except for the Wanderers units and, randomly, the Sorceress, that don't have the availible to order icon and seem to be availible at discount at various retailers). If that doesn't change, given how many people buy primarily at stores offering a discount, not from GW direct, 'do you want to play the only non-discounted faction in game' will probably do wonders for the sales ; )
Well, maybe at some point more units will get wanderer-style repack and will go back to normal availibility.

1 minute ago, dekay said:

Only at full price, from what I've seen, same as with old mail order (except for the Wanderers units and, randomly, the Sorceress, that don't have the availible to order icon and seem to be availible at discount at various retailers). If that doesn't change, given how many people buy primarily at stores offering a discount, not from GW direct, 'do you want to play the only non-discounted faction in game' will probably do wonders for the sales ; )
Well, maybe at some point more units will get wanderer-style repack and will go back to normal availibility.

On WLG i get them about 30% cheaper (one reason is the weak pound)