8 minutes ago, madmac said:

Those are two different things, though. It's not unlikely that all CoS armies can be included in all cities, but only certain battletome armies can be used for select cities. KO for Tempest Eye, Sylvaneth for Living City, ect.

Well you can categorise it like that if you want but regardless it's a precedent for the idea that there will be unit limits for different cities.

1 hour ago, flamingwalnut said:

Also, Collegiate Arcane Battlemage on foot spotted in pictures! He returns!

Finalllly. Glorious. Oooh boy, this next week will be beautiful. Give me all the news!

And those new Start Collecting are great! Finally a discount for duardin! Not as great as I wanted, but will certainly have some Gyrocoptors now!

I agree the start collecting look great. I've been looking for a way to get some more ironbreakers and gyrocopters affordably.

Hopefully they won't be at the £60 price mark i.e no discount if all you want are the unit and gyro. Two characters is great in your first box (which I know is the point of a start collecting box), but there are only so many cogsmiths and warden kings a person needs. Who knows, maybe I'll find an excuse for a hydra or two to turn up in my free city.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

And SCE only in Hammerhal? (One can hope).

I've lost the reference in the mists of time now, but I think it was previously either confirmed or at least heavily implied that SCE will be available in all the cities. I guess we won't have long to wait to find out.....

4 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Finally settled on my color scheme as blue and white, only to be reminded that's Hammerhal's color scheme. Dang it!

They don't have a monopoly on blue and white! Look at the number of football teams with those colours.

Naturally the book will have the proper painting guide, but it seems like 'eavy metal hammerhal on the box is pretty much primary blue, plain white and gold (either the shade of yellow or metallic). So you still have plenty of options without abandoning blue and white. You could desaturate to sky blue, shift slightly towards ivory and a blueish violet (or go the other way around the colour wheel) and/or replace the gold with black or steel. 

• Like 1

Interestingly (I think it's interesting, you all may not, haha) I want to do something similar to the Tempest's Eye colors for my shadow warriors; going to greyer shades to highlight their... sneakinessn I guess.

My city will have been inspired by the Bretonnian dukedom of L'Anguille, so I'm going to stick with my color scheme and damn my faction hipsterism!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Interestingly (I think it's interesting, you all may not, haha) I want to do something similar to the Tempest's Eye colors for my shadow warriors; going to greyer shades to highlight their... sneakinessn I guess.

My city will have been inspired by the Bretonnian dukedom of L'Anguille, so I'm going to stick with my color scheme and damn my faction hipsterism!

PcTSmrp.png

AVERLAND FO LYFE YO

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I have a number of half-painted Stormcasts, Free People and Aelves who are waiting to be forged into one army. I originally planned on going with Tempest Eye so I can add my Kharadrons in a pinch but im not so sure anymore now that it looks like each City has access to every faction. 

Id like to do a cthulhu themed Anvilgard force
Firestorm-Anvilgard-Image5lq.jpg.bad472cc5041f02dc549e69bfa45a8ff.jpg

But I also like the look and the symbol of the Living City:

living.PNG.98b2d7cd2fc5bb571e979bfc5ced03c2.PNG

I think im going to wait until I have the book in my own hands but im very excited!

• Like 3

Man I am so excited for this book. 

7 short stories? Tons of lore? Possible updated warscrolls? New allegiance abilities, artifacts, and spells? New artwork? 

I need to calm down and go paint some sea dragon cloaks. 

Happy Cities of Sigmar day, friends! A new dawn rises

• Like 2

I'm hoping i can squeeze my deepkin in there some where, but i think that's unrealistic. I don't think lethis is gonna be in the book from how i was reading the post. Hoping to be wrong. 

That said i'd like a lot of elves or something in order that can be very wizard focused. 

6 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Havind Stormcast everywhere means the allegiance abilities need to be balanced for double the warscrolls, which means they will be bland. Plus, I don't like them.

Why must they be bland? A stormcast player would be sacrificing their own allegiance and storm host abilities for that of the free city,  they'd have to be pretty good to compete with that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

Why must they be bland? A stormcast player would be sacrificing their own allegiance and storm host abilities for that of the free city,  they'd have to be pretty good to compete with that. 

that and if it's like the city in forbidden power different units might get different buffs in each city. Meaning the stormcast in a city might only have buffed liberators, or get buffs that make some units more viable in that city that aren't viable in the normal stormcast book. 

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

It's just the number of warscrolls it needs to be balanced for. But you do have a point that balancing could also be done by losing the stormhost abilities and their own allegiance abilities.