1 hour ago, Trickflo said:

With the new sorceress and 2 units of dreadspears\bleakswords coming out I'm curious what people's opinions are on dreadspears vs bleakswords they seem pretty close to me but I'm not really sure

Very similar, in smaller numbers Bleakswords are slightly better, but if range of spear starts giving you additional attacks it quickly gives slight advantage to dreadspears. Dreadspears have more annoying attack sequence, with 6 on hit giving additional rend, so after hits you have two separate dice pools.

Drusa's Battalion takes only dreadspears tough if you think about using it. If this is not of any concern than question is about numbers 10 clearly bleakswords, 30+ dreadspears. Also if there is enough terrain, enemy has small units or there are other concerns regarding movement this can give dreadspears slight boost, as they won't lose attacks so easily.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trickflo said:

what people's opinions are on dreadspears vs bleakswords they seem pretty close to me

They are pretty close as far as I can tell. Extra hit vs a rend on 6s technically gives more potential damage to the swords, but 3 ranks from spears could give you more attacks. So the question is more how many do you plan to have and how much effort do you want to put into piling in? 10 mans, swords probably. 20 could go either way, and 30 is probably easier with spears. The actual numbers are only minorly different, so go with what you visually like I'd say. I haven't used the dark elf fellows, but I had swifthawks and the spears are really easy to get all into opponents.

2 hours ago, Lord of the Isle said:

Demigryphs, Pistoliers, Dark Riders, Freeguild Guard, Corsairs, some cool scimitars Greatswords if poss?

Pistoliers are going to be standard horse dudes with spare pistols I have. Is it possible to make freeguild guard ... good? I've tried in the past and they are ... well, they routinely charged in and died. 2s and 4s is pretty good, but the 1 attack per feels like they can't do anything but body block. Corsairs on like those skiffs from avatar the last air bender could be cool. How does one use the aelfs? Dark riders and corsairs seem mixed in purpose to me. What would be a demigryph for the desert? A big lizard? A djin? Giant tigers? I do like the flying carpet idea. I might use that for some of the horse based cavalry leaders. I like the whackyer stuff. Adds character. Perhaps a manticore for the general? ... Blue dragons are from the desert. Arabic legends seem to typically lack large creatures though. That being said, I really like the hydra model, but first I must finish the giants. Don't want to get distracted. Hobby ADD is bad

4 hours ago, Doko said:

Rigth now the list of karlf franz+demigryps is the top list that we have

I used it in my other cities army and did reasonably well in a tournament. Wouldn't call it top at anything but spike damage, but it's not bad. The only really usable battalion we have too. (as far as I can tell)  Maybe I just didn't have enough demigryphs. (only had 12) I'm not really wanting to make another full cities army out of this, though it does seem to be heading in that direction.

9 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

The desert biome has been conspicuous by its absense since the end of the Tomb King

Well, I'll just have to change that! Although I get it. It's hard not to touch on arabic or egyptian themes when thinking desert stuff. Copyrights, blah, blah.

Thanks for the comments,

For Sigmar!

4 hours ago, Uziel said:

Why is the Hammerhalian Lancers battalion this popular at the moment? Is has not, at the beginning of the year.

Kroak+lumineths mortal wounds infinite spam and at rangued

These new armys have done useless our magic list due to kroak killing and doing useless our magues and lumineths erasing every our characters also.

So we only can play with one drop of the batallion(or litle more than one drop) and going first and triying get a good alpha strike.

So isnt that the batallion is better now,but our hallowhearth lists are useless at the actual meta and tournaments player have changued to karl franz low drop list to have any chance vs the new meta.

Dont take me wrong,halowheart is great and it is still in my opinion among the top,but the problem is that the actual tournament meta are 100% counter to hallowhearth

On 10/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, The Red King said:

Is this from the new broken realms? Oh man they're gonna trick me into buying daughters of khaine again.

I had the same problem as well, till the idea of a huge skaven update near in the future, through this Broken realm campaign, could occur, everything looked differently

Edited by Skreech Verminking

So Here's my theoretical desert themed list: Anvilguard (fits the theme best) 1970pts - hidden agenda

Spoiler

- Charwind raiders

fleet master - general - secretive warlock, drakescale cloak - sap strength

40 corsairs - 2 melee weapons

10 corsairs - hand crossbows

10 corsairs - hand crossbows

2x2 scourgerunner chariots

kharybdss - felgaze

- Battle wizard - advisor, shadow daggers

- hydra (kharybdss) - acidic blood

- Sorceress - vitriolic spray - asphxya censor

- 20 blackguard

- 10 pistoliers

- 5 sisters of the thorn - vitriolic spray

The idea behind the battle strategy is that the corsairs with the wizard form a blob around the 40 brick with the chariots as shields. The smaller units either are split off to other objectives or used as additional meat shields. The other monster either joins in or helps elsewhere. The sorceress and blackguard form a second flank with the various cavalry going wherever I feel they needed. The sorceress needs to be close to her goons so she has the no save spray and the sisters are with it to put it where needed. Not necessarily a good list, but usable. I think. 

Now as for the conversions, the sisters will be riding on magic carpets. The chariots will be sand riders (like from AtLA) with mages pushing wind into the sails. The Black guard will be sultan guard type things. Maybe replace them with other elite units (rules wise)? Either way, the pistoliers and corsairs are raiders and I just like the hydra model, so I won't be doing too much to them except arabifying the handlers. The fleetmaster will be a fancy fellow with a cloak and everything. The sorceress will be either stereotypical sexy dancer type or a mysterious veiled sorceress. Not sure. I'm open to any other suggestions, but I was thinking an arabian nights thing, so lots of magical involvement. Maybe Djiin for demigryphs if I do that.

Thanks for looking,

For Sigmar!

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

It's been a slow morning, so I've updated my previous 'Which City of Sigmar Should I Play?' interactive quiz with Misthåvn and Har Kuron. Check it out, feedback always welcome:

https://www.doublemisfire.com/2020/11/cant-decide-which-city-of-sigmar-to.html

:) 

From the last time I took it, My result has changed from Anvilgard to Misthavn, which seems fair Misthavn is the one thats been rattling around my head the most lately

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I have a question for the Freeguild Experts here:

Are there enough Helmets in the Freeguild Guard and the Crossbowmen/Handgunner Kits respectively, to assemble all 10 Models with a Helmet?
Don't get me wrong, I like feathered Hats, however I would like to have a universal look on my (hopefully future) models. 😃

I have built 40 hand gunners recently and there were not enough helmets. You have to use the hats with feathers. I actually cut many of the feathers off. I didn't mind leaving a few. 

• Like 1

Freeguild Guard and the Crossbowmen/Handgunner Kits respectively, to assemble all 10 Models with a Helmet?

No. Definetly not on the ranged. Even the guard come with but a handful (I think it's like 4-6 helmets). Greatswords likewise don't have enough helmeted heads for the unit. The only freeguild kit with enough helmets plus spares are the pistoliers/outriders. Fancy helmets, but they have more than enough. (I believe they come with 10) Of course it's been a year or two since I built mine, so take a pinch of salt, but generally I remember having to scrounge or greenstuff helmets for mine. If you're in the UK, forge world had old marienburg guys uniformly armored.  Not sure if they're still an option, but worth considering.

Good luck on your project and army! Remember,

For Sigmar!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
n
  • Like 1

Are there enough Helmets in the Freeguild Guard and the Crossbowmen/Handgunner Kits respectively, to assemble all 10 Models with a Helmet?
Don't get me wrong, I like feathered Hats, however I would like to have a universal look on my (hopefully future) models. 😃

Get a box of greatswords or pistoleers if you want good head selection.

• Like 2

If you get 5 per unit, you can always have all your crossbowmen in feathered hats and all your guardsmen in helmets.  Each unit will have a universal look and be easily distinguishable from the others.  If they share the same colour scheme, the overall army look will be fine.

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 1

Thank you all! 😄 The Pistoliers have rather nice helmets.

16 hours ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

If you're in the UK, forge world had old marienburg guys uniformly armored.  Not sure if they're still an option, but worth considering.

I am not in the UK, but do you mean "Mannans Blades"? As far as I know, a lot of Forgeworld Stuff has been cut for AoS :( , there were also Nuln Ironsides which looked fantastic. This look would be the dream if they were going to be released in this style once again!

Right now I am kind of fed up with Aelves and pondering If I will start a small Warcry Warband of Freeguild. At the same time I am so anxious to see what broken Realms might mean for the Sigmar worshipping Humans.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

Thank you all! 😄 The Pistoliers have rather nice helmets.

I am not in the UK, but do you mean "Mannans Blades"? As far as I know, a lot of Forgeworld Stuff has been cut for AoS :( , there were also Nuln Ironsides which looked fantastic. This look would be the dream if they were going to be released in this style once again!

Right now I am kind of fed up with Aelves and pondering If I will start a small Warcry Warband of Freeguild. At the same time I am so anxious to see what broken Realms might mean for the Sigmar worshipping Humans.  

If you're going Warcry, when they'll be available separately, the Blood Bowl team might be a really characterful Warcry team.

2 hours ago, Trickflo said:

Does anyone have experience with pistoliers vs outriders the pistoliers seems a bit better but in an actual battle idk how much the extra range would matter.

I wish, I have been waiting to buy them for ages. The came back in stock but then sold out straight away.  😔