You know, Seeing drakespawn knight's shield and sword among the trophies of the new Gargant is oddly optimistic for the future of the Cities. It kind of suggests that this particular design has a bigger chance of remaining in game. Who can know for sure, but makes them a bit more grounded in the setting.

[edit after several days, it MIGHT be a DoK stuff after all but still, there are some distinctly disposessed trophies in there as well, so not all is lost :D]

Edited by dekay
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 7:34 AM, dekay said:

You know, Seeing drakespawn knight's shield and sword among the trophies of the new Gargant is oddly optimistic for the future of the Cities. It kind of suggests that this particular design has a bigger chance of remaining in game. Who can know for sure, but makes them a bit more grounded in the setting.

[edit after several days, it MIGHT be a DoK stuff after all but still, there are some distinctly disposessed trophies in there as well, so not all is lost :D]

Today's War Com article explained it as a inclusion way for a Dogs of War style rule.

• Like 1

Thoughts on this list? What could be tweaked? Guess im looking for something all roundish with a nice variety of models to paint up. Cheers! 
++ **Pitched Battle** 2,000 (Order - Cities of Sigmar) [2,000pts] ++

+ Leader +

Battlemage [110pts]: General's Adjunct, Ghyran

Battlemage [110pts]: Hysh

Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage [280pts]
. Celestial Battlemage

Knight-Incantor [120pts]

Nomad Prince [120pts]: General

+ Battleline +

Eternal Guard [130pts]: 10 Eternal Guard, Honoured Retinue, Horn Blower, Standard Bearer

Eternal Guard [130pts]: 10 Eternal Guard, Horn Blower, Standard Bearer

Sisters of the Thorn [260pts]: 2x 5 Sisters of the Thorn, Horn Blower, Standard Bearer

Sisters of the Watch [160pts]: 10 Sisters of the Watch

Sisters of the Watch [320pts]: 2x 10 Sisters of the Watch

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar

+ Game Options +

Game Type: 2000 Points - Battlehost

+ Malign Sorcery +

Endless Spell: Purple Sun of Shyish [50pts]

Endless Spell: Soulscream Bridge [100pts]

Endless Spell: Soulsnare Shackles [40pts]

Endless Spell: Umbral Spellportal [70pts]

++ Total: [2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

7 hours ago, Rakart said:

Thoughts on this list? What could be tweaked? Guess im looking for something all roundish with a nice variety of models to paint up. Cheers! 

+ Leader +

. Celestial Battlemage

Knight-Incantor [120pts]

+ Battleline +

Eternal Guard [130pts]: 10 Eternal Guard, Honoured Retinue, Horn Blower, Standard Bearer

Sisters of the Thorn [260pts]: 2x 5 Sisters of the Thorn, Horn Blower, Standard Bearer

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

+ Malign Sorcery +

I believe you are limited to 3 Endless Spells now.

If you are running this list, report back how the Wanderer units are doing.  I'm keen to see how they perform in those configurations.

14 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I believe you are limited to 3 Endless Spells now.

If you are running this list, report back how the Wanderer units are doing.  I'm keen to see how they perform in those configurations.

Thanks, overlooked this.

On 10/13/2020 at 1:32 PM, Rakart said:

+ Leader +

. Celestial Battlemage

Knight-Incantor [120pts]

+ Battleline +

+ Allegiance +

+ Game Options +

+ Malign Sorcery +

You might find your Eternal Guard work better as a single unit of 20 due to the reach of their weapons and their difficulty being an effective roadblock in small units. 

I really like the SotT aesthetically but I've always found them fantastically underwhelming on the table for their cost. How are you planning to use them? With a hurricanum and two battlemages it doesn't seem like you need them as casters. 

Edited by Orsino

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Is anyone else interested in the upcoming FAQ for Sons of Behemat regarding the artifact that allows them to cast the standard spells?  If they rule in favour of the artifact granting Wizard status, it may impact Cities in terms of certain Command Traits.

What traits are we talking about? I can't think of anything it would change, except for giving SoB some way to dispel endless spells.

18 minutes ago, dekay said:

What traits are we talking about? I can't think of anything it would change, except for giving SoB some way to dispel endless spells.

Some Cities have command traits that allow a non-wizard to cast a spell from the city spell lore.  I am wondering if the wording of the Sons FAQ will also impact such traits and grant the general wizard status.

The broken realm thing is a good news in more than one way: other than further radicating us, it also seems to focus on the dark elves side, which is one i feared was in the way of a squat because of malerion shadow elves. Doesent completly saves them, but it gives them some chances. 

• Like 2

I started with dispossesed tempest eye box some years ago,then i got some high elfs because they were cool and now with citys i got some humans because they are cool and cheap,never tougth get nothing out of dwarfs lol but citys have been a ruin for my wallet and for sure i gonna get some dark elfs if we get any bundle with this dragon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 things

1: I was wondering if anyone here has  references for an araby or otherwise desert themed cities army? I was building some in conjunction with Sons of behemat. Desert giants extorting protection loot from a desert city when the mess in anvilgard happens and they actually "have" to protect them. I wanted to include some cities units with the army. Enter the rough rider mercenaries. I also plan to put guys "riding" the bigger giants on scaffolding or ropes/nets. Sorry, not super relevant, but I'm excited about the project. I see the city as a sort of "truly" free city. Like you have chaos marauder tribes in the markets with aelfs and sigmar fearing folk. Anybody with things to trade are welcome. A beautiful, chaotic mess. Probably rather corrupt too. The Kharadron would probably love them. I picture it in the realm of fire if that matters. Clichéd, I know.

2: Is there a way to make a small, mostly human army? One that doesn't revolve around shooting? Except maybe pistoliers. I wanted to do around 1000pts for this city. I don't much care what city rules I'd use. Desertifying demigryphs could be cool. Don't know what I'd do for that. I'll probably have 30 odd foot dudes spare from the  nets/rigging and the 15-20 cavalry for the rough riders. The idea would be meeting engagements for this force. Not that meeting engagements are really a thing around here, but it fits the smaller points. Basically does anyone have recommendations  for what to do with these spare models to make a ... middling competitive list? My area is either super competitive or completely useless at playing. I acknowledge that it's unlikely that anything good can be made out of this, I just wanted advice on how to not be useless. 

Thanks for reading,

For Sigmar!

Edited by TheArborealWalrus
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheArborealWalrus said:

2 things

1: I was wondering if anyone here has  references for an araby or otherwise desert themed cities army? I was building some in conjunction with Sons of behemat. Desert giants extorting protection loot from a desert city when the mess in anvilgard happens and they actually "have" to protect them. I wanted to include some cities units with the army. Enter the rough rider mercenaries. I also plan to put guys "riding" the bigger giants on scaffolding or ropes/nets. Sorry, not super relevant, but I'm excited about the project. I see the city as a sort of "truly" free city. Like you have chaos marauder tribes in the markets with aelfs and sigmar fearing folk. Anybody with things to trade are welcome. A beautiful, chaotic mess. Probably rather corrupt too. The Kharadron would probably love them. I picture it in the realm of fire if that matters. Clichéd, I know.

The desert biome has been conspicuous by its absense since the end of the Tomb Kings

• Like 1

I love above Araby idea!

Demigryphs, Pistoliers, Dark Riders, Freeguild Guard, Corsairs, some cool scimitars Greatswords if poss?

Maybe you could away with whackier proxies too. I have an Arabyan on a flying carpet who was initially going to be part of a Luminark and is now controlling a monstrous menagerie / hydra... (panther, ogor, winged nightmare all otherwise unemployed!!)

• Like 1