Making some changes to my list, wondering if I'd be better off running it as Tempest's Eye:

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
 - City: Living City

LEADERS
Nomad Prince (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Druid of the Everspring - Lifesurge 
- Artefact : Spear of the Hunt 

Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)

Dreadlord on Black Dragon (300)

UNITS
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
10 x Sisters of the Watch (160)
30 x Eternal Guard (330)
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
- Allies
3 x Akhelian Ishlaen Guard (140)
- Allies
3 x Aetherwings (40)

BEHEMOTHS
War Hydra (170)

I actually find the war hydra works well for me but I am concious that if I got rid of the hydra and atherwings I'd have enough points to take a unit of shadow warriors and some outriders or something. 

Hi, what do you guys think of this list? I'm thinking it's an interesting twist to the regular deathstar Hallowheart shooty lists.

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- Mortal Realm: Aqshy
- City: Hallowheart
LEADERS
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
Battlemage (110)
- City Role : General's Adjutant
- Mortal Realm : Ghur
Sorceress (90)
- Artefact : Agloraxi Prism
Anointed (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Warden of the Flame
Auric Runesmiter (120)
- Forge Key
- Allies
UNITS
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100) - retinue
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Halberds and Shields
10 x Freeguild Guard (80)
- Halberds and Shields
30 x Phoenix Guard (420)
10 x Hearthguard Berzerkers (240)
- Broadaxes
- Allies
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Soulscream Bridge (100)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
TOTAL: 2000/2000 WOUNDS: 131

Good evening.  Im trying to build a list that can handle an heavy eel list...not looking just to be eel killers, but wondering what type of units are beast to deal withe fish elves?  High armour?  Shooty?  Mortal wounds?  I usually play anvilgard (im aware of the challenges with this city) and would like to get the most out of this city....but would be willing to do living city or tempest eye.  I think Hallowheart is probably best...lay in with the spells, tank in with pheonix guard.  I am trying to avoid going here, so looking for models/strategies to give the eels a good game.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

1 hour ago, basement dweller said:

Good evening.  Im trying to build a list that can handle an heavy eel list...not looking just to be eel killers, but wondering what type of units are beast to deal withe fish elves?  High armour?  Shooty?  Mortal wounds?  I usually play anvilgard (im aware of the challenges with this city) and would like to get the most out of this city....but would be willing to do living city or tempest eye.  I think Hallowheart is probably best...lay in with the spells, tank in with pheonix guard.  I am trying to avoid going here, so looking for models/strategies to give the eels a good game.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Lots of Phoenix Guard. The 4+ Feel no Pain makes them hard to shift, even with Mortals.

7 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Lots of Phoenix Guard. The 4+ Feel no Pain makes them hard to shift, even with Mortals.

I had 20....i didnt roll great for their saves and they disappeared a round earlier than i wanted.  I do have 10 more to paint so could do 30....

How many were you thinking in 2k?

Edited by basement dweller

28 minutes ago, basement dweller said:

I had 20....i didnt roll great for their saves and they disappeared a round earlier than i wanted.  I do have 10 more to paint so could do 30....

How many were you thinking in 2k?

30 Phoenix Guard is for sure the magic number: With the horde bonus they are really solid. Do not forget, that they are fighting in 3 ranks because of their 2" weapons.

But you should always add the Annointed on foot for ignoring battleshock.

Additionally, a major fun thing is, that you can easily switch between cities but still keep nearly the same army lists. 30PG in the phoenicum can also be great fun with death frenzy.

Edited by Diogenes

3 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

30 Phoenix Guard is for sure the magic number: With the horde bonus they are really solid. Do not forget, that they are fighting in 3 ranks because of their 2" weapons.

But you should always add the Annointed on foot for ignoring battleshock.

Thanks.  Have been thinking i need to paint the last 10.  I have also been pondering a Pheonix anyways...so then i would also have an anointed model.

46 minutes ago, dekay said:

X4fxFEKEuD4biEHr.jpg

Maybe I'm reaching here, but doesn't this illustration from new Broken Realms look more like Scourge Privateers than Idoneth? Maybe there's a chance that city-aelves will show up in Broken Realms.

I actually don’t know.

It kinda reminds me of the old days where The dark elves had those huge ship known as Black Arks.

I don’t know exactly if this illustration is something new or one of many old world illustration (which look amazing as well) but if this pictures means that Black corsairs, still  row the world with those huge ships, I’m all in for a Pirate Elf themed Faction.

16 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I actually don’t know.

It kinda reminds me of the old days where The dark elves had those huge ship known as Black Arks.

I don’t know exactly if this illustration is something new or one of many old world illustration (which look amazing as well) but if this pictures means that Black corsairs, still  row the world with those huge ships, I’m all in for a Pirate Elf themed Faction.

I agree that it looks extremely Old-Worldy to the point where it's kinda strange that it has been used as a promo of new Aelf-themed book. Exactly what made me think.

And, as @Lord of the Isle mentioned, Black Arks are still a thing, Scourge are using them, as well as smaller ships. I mean, their basic unit is called *black ark* corsairs and they're led by *black ark* fleetmasters.

So if this picture really shows Scourge Privateer ships... well, to think of it, we all know GW is not very committed when it comes to potential CoS updates. No new models, no warcry, no faction terrain, it was a pretty low risk update. Dropping some extra CoS rules and such in a supplement that players of other, more  popular armies will buy as well seems like a smart thing to do if minimizing risks is their way for the faction. But we'll see. Hard to speculate any more based on a single picture. Maybe it's meant to be Idoneth or something ; )

After some digging, the illustration is allegedly from the End Times and therefore, does show Corsair ships. This leaves basically 3 options:

1. Picture is unrelated. Someone thought "we're doing Idoneth expansion, this is a picture of a sea, job's a gud 'un". That would be disappointing.

2. We'll get some Mathlann related flashbacks, because he featured heavily in this part of the End Times. So Idoneth stuff. Also kind of disappointing.

3. Corsairs do have some role in Broken Realms, and this being a recycled illustration works well with low cost approach GW has to the Cities. We'll see.

And, as @SentinelGuy mentioned, Corsairs have had a pretty prominent place in a novel already, including important-ish named character. So they're not completely forgotten.

Edited by dekay
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that the Anvilgard thread is dead, I’m gonna post here a 2000 point list

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Anvilgard (Illicit Dealings: Black Market Bounty) and Black Market Bounty

Leaders
Dreadlord on Black Dragon (300)
- General
- Exile Blade & Shield
- Artefact: Drakescale Cloak  
- Drakeblood Curse: Acidic Blood
Sorceress (90)
Assassin (80)
- Artefact: Venomfang Blade  
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage (280)
Sorceress (90)

Battleline
10 x Darkshards (100)
10 x Darkshards (100)
10 x Drakespawn Knights (260)
10 x Dreadspears (90)

Units
30 x Executioners (300)
10 x Shadow Warriors (110)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Umbral Spellportal (70)
Suffocating Gravetide (20)
Soulscream Bridge (100)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 130

How do you see the list? I was thinking about changing the soulscream bridge for a Knight Azyros or more shadow warriors. Should I use a Luminarch over the Hurricanum? Any help is welcomed!

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my "Dreadlord on Black Dragon" for my swamp dwelling living cities army.

The base colors are all on. The next step will be to wash everything down to dull it out so it's not so bright.

The wings are blank and brown right now cause I plan on attempting some butterfly-esque freehand on it. Wish me luck as it's my first real effort.

20200919_182007.jpg.04de110d951da21a56d236576bdda303.jpg

20200919_182014.jpg

20200919_182033.jpg

20200919_182040.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

On 9/19/2020 at 11:45 PM, Tiberius501 said:

Hello friends, a quick question I’m sure has been discussed a million times, so apologies. But, handgunners or crossbows? And with 20 in the army, would you do 2 units of 10 or a unit of 20? Thanks :) 

The answer is: It depends.

If you are clueless, generally go with MSU handgunners with longrifles.

You do bigger units that don't have horde discounts, only if you are bidding to choose turn order.  You go crossbows only if they have enough buffers.

Edited by Evantas
  • Thanks 1

Phoenicium 1k Army

Hey all! Decided to finally get into Cities of Digmar, and I tried making a smaller list.

What do you think?

City: Phoenicium

1000 points

1x Anointed on Flamespyre Phoenix
Command ability: One with Ice and Fire
Spell: Amber Mist
Artifact: Amber Armor

10x Phoenix Guard
10x Phoenix guard

10x flagellants
10x flagellants
10x Irondrakes
1x Gyrocopter

Essentially, I want the Flagellants to die to buff the other units, with a gyrocopter running up for objectives.

What do you think?

You know, I had an interesting idea. Imagine if Sisters of the Watch would have gotten their own version of "Power of Hysh" spell, with each High Sister being a wizard. How dirty would it be to play 40 teleporting Sisters in Hallowhearth with almost guaranteed casts and Hurricanum support. Oh, and they each would be able to cast 1 extra spell as well (you would start to run out of spells to cast very fast, unless you have a few Endless ones). Would sadly definetly require points raise for Sisters though just because of Hallowheart.

On 9/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, Zeblasky said:

You know, I had an interesting idea. Imagine if Sisters of the Watch would have gotten their own version of "Power of Hysh" spell, with each High Sister being a wizard. How dirty would it be to play 40 teleporting Sisters in Hallowhearth with almost guaranteed casts and Hurricanum support. Oh, and they each would be able to cast 1 extra spell as well (you would start to run out of spells to cast very fast, unless you have a few Endless ones). Would sadly definetly require points raise for Sisters though just because of Hallowheart.

I would prefer they do not get a points hike and fairly powerful rules addition on a moderately well pointed unit that to be honest,.. is in a good spot.  :|

I would like to see more... cohesion between the among Wanderers as a whole.  So far,.. it's SotW being great, the others being good or fine.  

On 9/28/2020 at 12:19 AM, uratourist said:

Phoenicium 1k Army

Hey all! Decided to finally get into Cities of Digmar, and I tried making a smaller list.

What do you think?

City: Phoenicium

1000 points

1x Anointed on Flamespyre Phoenix
Command ability: One with Ice and Fire
Spell: Amber Mist
Artifact: Amber Armor

10x Phoenix Guard
10x Phoenix guard

10x flagellants
10x flagellants
10x Irondrakes
1x Gyrocopter

Essentially, I want the Flagellants to die to buff the other units, with a gyrocopter running up for objectives.

What do you think?

Welcome! 

In the context of making the list interesting (bearing in mind Phoenicium is not competitive):

IMO u should use Aetherwings where possible. They die faster, cost less and hence proc your buff more.