20 minutes ago, Fundre said:

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has been asked but can you take stormcast allies in your cities lists if you wanted to take more SC than the 1/4 allowed?

For example is this list lega?

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Freeguild General (100)
- General
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (280)
Cogsmith (60)
Battlemage (90)
Lord-Castellant (120)
- Allies
Lord-Ordinator (140)
- Allies

Battleline
10 x Freeguild Crossbowmen (100)

Units
20 x Sequitors (440)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields

War Machines
Helblaster Volley Gun (120)
Helblaster Volley Gun (120)
Celestar Ballista (110)
Celestar Ballista (110)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 260 / 400
Wounds: 135

9 cities
3 cities SC
2 SC allies

Your list is not a Cities of Sigmar list at all as you selected "Allegiance: Order". As an Order list it would be legal, but Stormcasts would not be Allies.

1 hour ago, Fundre said:

Hi guys,

I don't know if this has been asked but can you take stormcast allies in your cities lists if you wanted to take more SC than the 1/4 allowed?

For example is this list lega?

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 260 / 400
Wounds: 135

9 cities
3 cities SC
2 SC allies

Sorry, SC are not in the allies list (neither are Kharadron in Tempest's eye and Sylvaneth in Living City)

EDIT: sorry for being ninja'd so much

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

Any thoughts on the best tools for taking on killy hordes? Like 30 savage orruks or 60 grots  or 30 witch elves or something? Nothing in our list feels quite versatile enough to both kill them at a reasonable pace and not die in return. Even something chaffy like chainrasps or skeletons seems like it will do pretty well against our infantry. Maybe the answer is screens and crossbowmen/darkshards? 

Other options I guess are gyrocopters with steam cannons or the halloheart spell. Or maybe just heavy cav charges?

25 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Any thoughts on the best tools for taking on killy hordes? Like 30 savage orruks or 60 grots  or 30 witch elves or something? Nothing in our list feels quite versatile enough to both kill them at a reasonable pace and not die in return. Even something chaffy like chainrasps or skeletons seems like it will do pretty well against our infantry. Maybe the answer is screens and crossbowmen/darkshards? 

Other options I guess are gyrocopters with steam cannons or the halloheart spell. Or maybe just heavy cav charges?

I think Gyrocopters and then mop up with missle infantry, you would also need something that can body block other threats though. I already played against full bonesplitter Big Waaagh army and something I observed is that: they are stupidly tough, strong and numerous, but don't have spare CPs for auto-battleshock, so my opponent lost 2 units due to models fleeing after I killed like 2/3s of unit myself. Also Hollowheart spell isn't great against 2 wound models, but will work just fine against gobbos and aelves.

Witch Elves and similar 1W infantry should not be able to even make it to your lines, unless they go full out with Chronomantic Cogs hoping for 1st turn charge, Steed of Shadows, or use the Khaliebron teleport setup. The amount of accurate mass shooting CoS can send their way should blast them of the table the moment they cross a certain treshold.

And if the do get in on the first turn ? Who cares, you have your cheap chaff nicely position ready to die gloriously in the service of the Emp.... err Sigmar! after which they are sitting out in the open, looking up the barrels of your gun line :D 

Anything under 18" should get torn to shreds, and that 2-3 miniatures that make it through should get caught off by chaff.

I`ve been playing with different ranged combinations in the Warscroll builder, and its a no joke for anything that has worse armor than 5, and doesnt negate wounds on 4+

The minimum cumulative shots you should have for non Monster/Heavy cav oriented army CoS army is around 30/40+ Regardless of what it is, pretty much all of it will be 2+/2+

If its a big blob ? Now its a dead big blob. If its MSU ? Well... aintch ya just glad you took MSU units as well, thus there is plenty of pointy flying death in the air for everybody. If its a monster rush ? Yeah... no.

I mean this army has it all.... Mass non rending shooting, MW shooting, -1Rend shooting. And the synergies of traits, artifacts and command abilities makes all of it super buffed.

Personally after reading the Anvilgard forum thread, I think the Harpoon carts are amazign purchase. 60 pts of pure undiluted murder in the air. 4 of them cost 240 pts, which is less then most blob infantry (Witch Elves are 300 I believe), and can tear through units like those with ease, if given proper buffs.

Outriders are also very scary. Take 10. Minimum shots is 20, max 40 (D3 shots +1 each). 200pts. Fast and fairly tough against enemy fire. Depending on what they are shooting, they can strip the charging blobs of most of their fighting strength.

Or if you want to have some fun > 2 hellblasters and Cogsmith.  Or sisters of the Watch for Mortal Wounds. Or Several dozens of Dark Shards. Or....

the list goes on :D So many options, and so many synergies! I Wish BoC book was half as well constructed as the CoS is.

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, XReN said:

I think Gyrocopters and then mop up with missle infantry, you would also need something that can body block other threats though. I already played against full bonesplitter Big Waaagh army and something I observed is that: they are stupidly tough, strong and numerous, but don't have spare CPs for auto-battleshock, so my opponent lost 2 units due to models fleeing after I killed like 2/3s of unit myself. Also Hollowheart spell isn't great against 2 wound models, but will work just fine against gobbos and aelves.

Battleshock is also something we can be good at. -5 is the worst we can do, but Anvilgard can easily give good bubbles of -3. If they are not immune, they are unhappy.

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

Battleshock is also something we can be good at. -5 is the worst we can do, but Anvilgard can easily give good bubbles of -3. If they are not immune, they are unhappy.

Don't forget the Horrorghast, it's stupidly good addition to any bravery bombs

2 hours ago, XReN said:

Don't forget the Horrorghast, it's stupidly good addition to any bravery bombs

Good thinking!

Allying in crypt flayers as mercenaries would also nicely capitalize on it, even without battleshock.

When dealing with up to -7 bravery, it has a good chance of dealing 2d6 mortal wounds per model, for 12d6 damage with two (max) crypt flayers. That's an average of 42, so a whole blob.

Then we'd go to fighting, then to battleshock.

Edited by zilberfrid

40 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The errata is up.

scourgerunner chariot units of 1 model-Champions are illegal now. No buffing of Drakespawn (which obviously lack at least one rider attack).

orruk errata is up as well, warchanter spam seems to be intended. 👍🏻 😭😂

Could you post a link or instructions on how to find it?  I've looked in the FAQ section on Warhammer Community, but can't see it.  Thanks

1 minute ago, Frowny said:

Damn. Quite a Nerf to the scourgerunner chariots... And I just bought pieces to make 3!

A unit of 3 are only 150 points, so still pretty good value.  I'm considering a unit of 3 to use in Living City for the "Strike then melt forwards" ability.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, overtninja said:

The designer's commentary indicates that when you get to use Behemoths as Battleline, they aren't counted as Behemoths. Looks like you can make yourself a 6-Tank army or a billion Kharybdises or whatever!

Yeah I'm quite excited to see what kind of wacky builds people come up with.

39 minutes ago, Charleston said:

And how mad they get when GW turns this again in near future :'D Honestly, this is actually quite a weird ruling.

Flesheaters had this ruling for ages, I think. We might be safe.

3 hours ago, Frowny said:

Damn. Quite a Nerf to the scourgerunner chariots... And I just bought pieces to make 3!

I guess we should've known that 'if you take unit of 1 it immediately becomes better for free' thing was a mistake. Now let's treat it like this: If we take 3 of this already solid unit, it becomes cheaper AND 1 of them becomes better. Plus, less drops that way. ; )

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I think it only gets playtested by people that have no other cavalry. Or monsters. Or infantry.

Drakespawn Knights are about the only option for me to use my Dragon Blades as an alternative, so I may well trot them out occasionally.  It's probably my unbridled love of the models.