Question for people with the book, Is there any way to give a unit other than Darkling Covens run and charge? There's a handful of artifacts and command traits like Swift as the Wind in Tempest eye but the way its written on 1d4chan it would only affect the bearer.

11 minutes ago, Trimeric said:

Can anyone clarify if Free Peoples Companies rules are still a thing in CoS? Or is it limited to Free Peoples allegiance abilities?

Cities or sigmar is a very seperate and different set of alliegence abilities.  Free guild run pretty well in cities.

7 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Question for people with the book, Is there any way to give a unit other than Darkling Covens run and charge? There's a handful of artifacts and command traits like Swift as the Wind in Tempest eye but the way its written on 1d4chan it would only affect the bearer.

No run and charge out side or darkling as far as i know.

Tempeest eye does let you pick a unit to run and still shoot. 

Living city can let you use any twleport mechanic, short and then make a free 2nd move. 

Wildform gives you +2 run and charge rolls. 

All muscians generally give +1 to run and charge rolls. 

In cities the soulsream birgde has massive range, and when combine with a few things above can allow for charges easily.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 7:49 AM, SwampHeart said:

Because GW's production doesn't always allow for the kind of information. With Sisters they're aware of the back stock, the exact date for the end of production and what they're willing to produce up until that point. A lot of CoS units were being spun down far in advance of the Last Chance purge and were probably out of stock in some countries at the time of the announcement. PIM is very different from Resin as far as 'print on demand' costs are concerned. 

This is all speculation based on what I do for a living (I deal with the production of plastic automotive parts). 

Sisters of Battle were all metal weren't they? That means GW can cast small runs (even one-offs), and justify producing it until it's officially discontinued.

Plastics are produced in large runs so if stock is running low, and the line was planned to be discontinued in six months, it wouldn't make sense to make another large run of plastics. 

• Like 1

GwPreOrder-Sept22-Startcollectingboxes8e3jd.jpg.99821e7e6c47f5d5d36005326028315a.jpg

Those boxes have semi battalions for exactly those units included in each box

For Greywater Fastness  is the : " Greywater Shieldband" 
Organization
* 1 Warden King
* 1 Cogsmith
* 1 Ironbreakers unit
* 1 Gyrobomber
Abilities
Oathsworn Defenders:
*Fluf*
Add 1 to hit rolls for attacks  made by units in this battalion if they did not move in the same turn and are wholly within 12" of a Hero from the same  battalion.

So here are my questions :
1. Is this truly a  battalion (+1 Artifact, +1 CP )?
2. How much does it cost
? There is nothing about it inside the box .

Just now, Grunaldi said:

2. How much does it cost

All Start Collecting sets have "battalions" inside but since they have no point costs they arent usable in matched play.

On 10/7/2019 at 5:22 AM, Batch said:

Alright I find with Greywater you either invest in Artillery or Stanks, have both and you kind of lose direction.  If I can make a few suggestions for this list.

Lose the Steam Tank and replace the Volleys for Rockets, I doubt at times the Volley could reach all targets. So that being said you can lose the second Runelord or dedicate him to the big beefy line of Dorfs. Now I wont take anything else but make some suggestions. 

Hurricanum is really rather good to stick next to your Irondrakes, To get the most out of that battalion I suggest 4 Artillery pieces and finally you need some speed in this army so either Gyrocopters OR grab a wizard and take the Bridge endless spell, being CoS it's a 24" move and you can get your Hammers right up close.

I‘d add the Mercenary Company with the cannons since the cannons also benefit from all rules concerning Ironweld and Artillery

Hamerhalian Lancers seem pretty good. 

They seem to put out a lot of damage on the charge if the battalion is active, they are more like the type of heavy cavalry I've been wanting to see for a long time. If you can get the second attack command off they are pretty nasty, because it works at the end of the combat phase so they still have their charge buffs.

I have been testing them with the reroll 1s to wound artifact.

Has anyone else tried them out? What do you guys think of them?

Edit: 

So the battalion is 1k points. That should leave room for units to shoot away enemy screens and have screening units for the knights.

Edited by kahadin

55 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I think they also require Greywater Fastness.

They don‘t, I have the book in front of me.

you don‘t get +3 Range.

you can Rune-Prayer the mercenary company‘s cannons

the mercenary cannons also benefit from a cogsmith nearby.

Cannons are by far the best artillery in the game. Though they get easily neutralized by shooting.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

They don‘t, I have the book in front of me.

you don‘t get +3 Range.

you can Rune-Prayer the mercenary company‘s cannons

the mercenary cannons also benefit from a cogsmith nearby.

Cannons are by far the best artillery in the game. Though they get easily neutralized by shooting.

I was thinking about the 3", but yeah, the rest does apply.

I don't think most people would object to just allying the cannon and organ gun.

Edited by zilberfrid

As we have updated Warscrolls for Freeguild Generals and Freeguild Guard, you can’t find rules for horse mounted generals or militia weapons on the app or on the web store.

Is this something we expect will show up in Compendiums or Legends?

(I have copies of the old scrolls but was interested if we would see some new official ones).

12 minutes ago, mikethefish said:
6 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Are we expecting a FAQ?

We are, in a few months.  I would expect a one-banner-per-unit limitation to happen, to stop Hammerhal CP farming.

The limitation is already written into the rules. It only counts each unit with any banners. 

Edited by Mikkl

Has anybody tried or thought about pistoliers or outriders as the mainstay of their force?

They are quite fast, not that much less sturdy than infantry, and the math for their guns adds up pretty well, either on the charge (pistoliers) or as stationary firing lines (outriders). Their only major downside is that their big bases may get in the way of getting a lot of models in base contact. 

Relatedly, are there any other +to hit available for shooting attacks besides the hurricanum and then general? Both of them carry buffs like champs.

15 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Has anybody tried or thought about pistoliers or outriders as the mainstay of their force?

They are quite fast, not that much less sturdy than infantry, and the math for their guns adds up pretty well, either on the charge (pistoliers) or as stationary firing lines (outriders). Their only major downside is that their big bases may get in the way of getting a lot of models in base contact. 

Relatedly, are there any other +to hit available for shooting attacks besides the hurricanum and then general? Both of them carry buffs like champs.

That's exactly what I'm building with my Tempest's eye army. (2*10 pistoleers, 2*5 outriders)

I still think Dark Riders would be better, due to their 20 model discount and their better save, but a pistoleer hammer will be nasty.

Also note that 2 wound models only lose effectiveness at their 5th wound, and 1 wound at their 1st. Healing works better too.

Edited by zilberfrid

14 minutes ago, Frowny said:

Only in theory, but pistoliers look like a decent shock unit. With their extra shooting on charge they dish out a large number of hits, and have access to some good speed/charge buffs. I thought of them in the context of Tempest's Eye (battleline, part of the battalion so help reduce the number of drops), so they have a speed buff, +1 to wound aura for their pistols and retreat/charge skill. In combat they can be buffed for extra melee attacks, but honestly, i think there are better targets for the spell and if they didn't do the necessary damage with buffed pistols, it's unlikely that +1 sabre attack will help them much.

However, in large numbers and without the battalion reducing drop count, dark riders might be better due to their horde dicsount.

Outriders, i think, basically require a hurricanum (and possibly Azyros) to function properly, but when buffed, they hit extremely hard, wherever you want them to. I would consider an army mixing pistoliers, outriders and dark riders together for some extreme mobility shenanigans.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Frowny said:

I don't like pistoliers that much because of short range, but Outriders sound pretty decent, if you were to give them General's CA and send across soulscream bridge they would outdamage the handgunners point for point in 33% of times, whille being more independent with better save, being able to retreat from combat and still shoot and only losing damage each 2 wounds instead of 1

Edited by XReN

21 hours ago, Grunaldi said:

GwPreOrder-Sept22-Startcollectingboxes8e3jd.jpg.99821e7e6c47f5d5d36005326028315a.jpg

Those boxes have semi battalions for exactly those units included in each box

For Greywater Fastness  is the : " Greywater Shieldband" 
Organization
* 1 Warden King
* 1 Cogsmith
* 1 Ironbreakers unit
* 1 Gyrobomber
Abilities
Oathsworn Defenders:
*Fluf*
Add 1 to hit rolls for attacks  made by units in this battalion if they did not move in the same turn and are wholly within 12" of a Hero from the same  battalion.

2. How much does it cost

Looking at the sprues of the chariot in the SC! ANVILGARD, it seems that there is anything to make a full chariot+ almost anything to build the other variant of the chariot: there are 2 horses and 2 raptors, 2 main bodies of the chariot. 

Can someone tell me if it is hard to finish the 2 chariots with only ONE chariot sprue? What is missing to do both?