Agree. Strong and interesting city abilities (some broken combos also), somewhat better warscrolls, but most is just overpriced (except phoenix stuff).  

My Living City will have the same problem as before, too few units to compete even on casual level unless I go for broken combos. Against summoning (even khorne and nurgle levels) I just seem to lack that ekstra 10% to make it close in the end game. 

I like the CoS book very much. Some weird warscrolls especially in darkling covens  and pirates. Just taking a few of my core units, it’s 130 point more. Griffon from 260 to 320. Why? Demigryphs seem good, but 180 point? More like 160. Longbeards went up 10 % etc...too many 1 wound model units at 160...

Some cool units, lots of option. Overall great book. Just cut most prices by 10%. 

Grimbok

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SentinelGuy said:

The knights problem really makes me question their playtesting, especially considering that GW actually noted how bad knights were previously and the new warscroll was supposed to fix them. They need another attack or a hefty points drop.

Yeah, to me GW has the weird ability to write generally excellent books and warscrolls but then just absolutely drop the ball on a few items.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Yeah, to me GW has the weird ability to write generally excellent books and warscrolls but then just absolutely drop the ball on a few items.

Which is bad practice for a company as huge as GW since it gives them the reputation of being sloppy or not caring while also scaring off customers which grow weary of that sloppiness (and the constant power spiral)

they really should have a sceptical Person have a look at their warscrolls before finalizing them (like @swarmofseals who can calculate and adapt unit pricing pretty nicely).

as it stands they don‘t put much or enough effort in making the game as good as it could be.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grimbok said:

Agree. Strong and interesting city abilities (some broken combos also), somewhat better warscrolls, but most is just overpriced (except phoenix stuff).  

My Living City will have the same problem as before, too few units to compete even on casual level unless I go for broken combos. Against summoning (even khorne and nurgle levels) I just seem to lack that ekstra 10% to make it close in the end game. 

I like the CoS book very much. Some weird warscrolls especially in darkling covens  and pirates. Just taking a few of my core units, it’s 130 point more. Griffon from 260 to 320. Why? Demigryphs seem good, but 180 point? More like 160. Longbeards went up 10 % etc...too many 1 wound model units at 160...

Some cool units, lots of option. Overall great book. Just cut most prices by 10%. 

GW may have learned from the Skaven and FEC tomes, and started out the units a bit more costly than they should be. With such a wide spread of units, forseeing every combination people could make would not be possible. It's easier to overcost them, and fix the cost later than to undercost them and fix the whole meta. By the way, the Freeguild regiment is exactly the same cost, and while the loss of great companies is bad, there are allegiance abilities that may make it worthwhile.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The Merchant Prince said:

Separate bases is most correct - yes, they're all one unit for gameplay purposes, but even the celestar ballista has the crew on separate bases.

Hmm, just decided to check the base recommendations and it shows the crew as separate,  curious GW show them all on the one base though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Batch said:

Hmm, just decided to check the base recommendations and it shows the crew as separate,  curious GW show them all on the one base though.

The Crew are all on the same base because thats mine. I also have seperately based crew. My militia unit has transitioned into the spare crew members for my artillery units.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

10 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

The Crew are all on the same base because thats mine. I also have seperately based crew. My militia unit has transitioned into the spare crew members for my artillery units.

Kewl they look great by the way congrats, just not sure if suddenly we need to have models assembled differently because reasons....

• Like 1

A quick rules question for Cities... the 1 in 4 limitation for Stormcast Eternals and Kharadron Overlods in Tempest's Eye has me wondering if SE or KO can count towards filling that for each other. For example, if you have 4 Cities units, 2 SE and 2 KO units, then you've satisfied enough of the 1 in 4 requirement for both SE and KO?

18 minutes ago, Nicholunch said:

A quick rules question for Cities... the 1 in 4 limitation for Stormcast Eternals and Kharadron Overlods in Tempest's Eye has me wondering if SE or KO can count towards filling that for each other. For example, if you have 4 Cities units, 2 SE and 2 KO units, then you've satisfied enough of the 1 in 4 requirement for both SE and KO?

There was the same question in the living city thread. RAW seems to be yes. You can be 50% Cos, 25% SE and 25% KO.

Edited by spenson
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Charlo said:

Confirmed on stream today that yes, they all count towards it.

So you could actually have four units in Tempest Eye be:

• One Cities Unit
  • One SC Unit
  • One KO Unit
  • One Allies Unit

As they all need to be "one in 4 units in your army"

So wait...allies are apart of the city? Could Gotrek be considered part of the Tempests Eye and get +3" mvmt first turn?

Or just that the 1n4 rule for allies applies similarly for the sole satisfaction of the ratio of units?

Edited by Nicholunch

I'm thinking about a Hammerhall list, I have a base I want you to see

Freeguild General on griffon (General / blood of the twelves / Ignax scale) 320

Battlemage on griffon (Twin Stone / cinder cloud) 300

Celestial hurricanum w/Battlemage (wings of fire) 280

3x3 demigryph knights 540

Hammeralian lancers 140

1580/2000

The idea is an alpha strike with the battalion and support by the Battlemage on griffon in the enemy territory to attack twice. 

On charge we have +1 to hit +1 to wound rr1

25 minutes ago, Arkahn said:

I'm thinking about a Hammerhall list, I have a base I want you to see

Freeguild General on griffon (General / blood of the twelves / Ignax scale) 320

Battlemage on griffon (Twin Stone / cinder cloud) 300

Celestial hurricanum w/Battlemage (wings of fire) 280

3x3 demigryph knights 540

Hammeralian lancers 140

1580/2000

The idea is an alpha strike with the battalion and support by the Battlemage on griffon in the enemy territory to attack twice. 

On charge we have +1 to hit +1 to wound rr1

How will you secure objectives? That's not a lot of bodies...

Just now, Arkahn said:

420 pts and maybe cut the Battlemage griffon for bodies, but I cant choose 

Then, I'd say, go for Shadow Warriors. Easy to get on target, and decent allrounders. thirty of them is 330 points, leaving you 90 for endless spells, or a unit of Dreadspears (or freeguild guard) for closer targets.

Alternative, trundle up with 40 Freeguild Guard at 280 points, and add one Dark Riders, Pistoleers, Eternal guard, Sisters of the Thorn or Shadow warriors for targets a bit away, fill what you have left with Endless Spell.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Then, I'd say, go for Shadow Warriors. Easy to get on target, and decent allrounders. thirty of them is 330 points, leaving you 90 for endless spells, or a unit of Dreadspears (or freeguild guard) for closer targets.

Alternative, trundle up with 40 Freeguild Guard at 280 points, and add one Dark Riders, Pistoleers, Eternal guard, Sisters of the Thorn or Shadow warriors for targets a bit away, fill what you have left with Endless Spell.

Thanks you, a lot of options to consider 

What about Phoenix guard and longbeards ? 

Edited by Arkahn

I agree and disagree with some of the earlier complaints.

I think overall the breathed a new life into a lot of armies and warscrolls. And there are some neat interactions to play with.

However, to do so, they took a lot of strength from warscrolls and added it to the allegience. This leaves a lot of the individual scrolls feeling a bit unexciting and variations on the same, but maybe also makes the bigger picture army selection more interesting.

Their homogenization also left a lot of the assorted infantry feeling kind of too similar. It's nice that every wfb army had heavy infantry bit when you put hammerers, executioners, Wildwood rangers and greatswords all in the same army they all just kinda feel the sameish. They kinda had to do that so players could still run viable all one faction armies but still it's a bit weird.

I wish they had differentiated things a little more. Like make ironbreakers extra sturdy somehow (keep their reroll), or tanks being very ... Tanky with a base 2+ save or a rule like the bastilidon so it is unreadable. It would give them a role. Dark riders, for example could have inherited the reavers run after shooting, which would have been very interesting to try out. Maybe Wildwood rangers get some of the old wardances, for example.

Longbeards are a great example where they did this really well, which I like a lot. It's funny to think of them grumbling so hard that they dispel spells and makes them unique without being easily overpowered. I think the new luminarch and hurricanum and battlemages also were changes for the better but also with good interesting warscrolls in their own right.

You could also tell they wanted to avoid abuse of etheral amulet with +to save rather than just flat changing the save.