@CrashQuest I say go for it! And paint him however the hell you want, a cohesive army look is more important than clumsily justifying your counts-as, if it's obvious you're not playing him as a freeguild griffon or black dragon then that's good enough in my book (of course, as pointed out earlier the ones you should ask are the poeple you play with since our opinions don't count for jack if your opponents disagree).

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, XReN said:

Just paint him like a Phoenix you want him to represent. Personaly I dislike such proxy but would allow it.

Why do you dislike it?

Do you dislike proxies in general, or this specific one?

The High warden has two proxy options. One is a General, which is not an elf, the other one is a phoenix, which has a different animal as base.

The third option would be not to proxy, but GW has squatted too many things for that to be reasonable.

9 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Why do you dislike it?

Do you dislike proxies in general, or this specific one?

The High warden has two proxy options. One is a General, which is not an elf, the other one is a phoenix, which has a different animal as base.

The third option would be not to proxy, but GW has squatted too many things for that to be reasonable.

Because High Warden rides a Gryphon and Phoenix is essentially a bird, they are drammatically different in appearance and I would allow this proxy as is with only matching paintjob because practically it's very difficult to convert one into another.

Edited by XReN

2 minutes ago, XReN said:

Because High Warden rides a Gryphon and Phoenix is essentially a bird, they are drammatically different in appearance and I would allow this proxy as is with only matching paintjob because practically it's very difficult to convert one into another.

I myself am converting a High Warden to a Amber mage on Griffin (with a gryph hound with wings), not a Phoenix. I mainly wanted to know what other players thought about conversions.

1 minute ago, zilberfrid said:

I myself am converting a High Warden to a Amber mage on Griffin (with a gryph hound with wings), not a Phoenix. I mainly wanted to know what other players thought about conversions.

This is much better option, IMO.

13 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Hi all,

Rather silly interactive quiz for anyone who can't decide which CoS allegiance to use that I've been fiddling around with as a means of procrastination today for your leisure.  May bump it up with some more questions down the line. Feedback as always very welcome. :)

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/cant-decide-which-city-of-sigmar-to.html

I got Hammerhal which I suppose fits with the blue heavy grey warden colour scheme I planned. Plus a demigryph  battalion sounds nice.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

I never considered using it as a Battlemage on Griffon 🤔 I might think about that

1 hour ago, Not-not-kenny said:

@CrashQuest I say go for it! And paint him however the hell you want, a cohesive army look is more important than clumsily justifying your counts-as, if it's obvious you're not playing him as a freeguild griffon or black dragon then that's good enough in my book (of course, as pointed out earlier the ones you should ask are the poeple you play with since our opinions don't count for jack if your opponents disagree).

I'm mostly just trying to find a use for my now redundant Swifthawks. Planning to use my Spireguard as Eternal Guard and Reavers as Dark Riders. I would use Skywardens as Anointed on Phoenix as they look more analogous but I don't have any 😅

22 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

man i hope the Drakespawn Knights have an error on their warscroll.

Frowny's analysis mades me wonder if they are even worth useing over other options. which is a shame as i like them.

Well they have a 3+ save and reroll 1s all the time and 1s and 2s in the combat phase. I could see them being used as a mobile anvil or tarpit, especially against units that don't have rend. Not saying they're good just trying to shoot some ideas out and figure out why they were given such a low damage output.

14 minutes ago, stus67 said:

How would you guys run Greatswords? MSU or one big chonkin unit? They're the one unit I definitely want to run just for aesthetics if anything.

Big unit of course, you want them to be fielded in small units only if you are planing to use them as counter-charge and therefore need space for units to rotate along the battle line so you have space for frontline screening units to pull back and for greatswords to charge in.

30 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Well they have a 3+ save and reroll 1s all the time and 1s and 2s in the combat phase. I could see them being used as a mobile anvil or tarpit, especially against units that don't have rend. Not saying they're good just trying to shoot some ideas out and figure out why they were given such a low damage output.

on the app they still have the darkshields ability. However they don’t on their warscroll on the gw website- the app has been known to be wrong before so the shields may be a mistake. I guess the warscroll in the book will confirm it. 

I was thinking a lot lately, and noticed how most of the High elf forces fit perfectly into the free people.

I mean a high warden on griffon can easilly be played as the general on deathclaw, since most weapon options are the same, and well both birds so as well, with the only differents being the over feeding of one of them.

spear aelves perfectly fit into the free guild guards, and they will even look better.

the flying chariot on the other hand will be troublesome sadly, since well they technically fit rather well into the dark aelve beast chariot, but will sadly not have the fly keyword😭.

Should i ever start a high elfs army I would probably start calling them the Aelven free people 

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

This may be covered in the book or an FAQ, but how do Stormcast special characters interface with CoS? Hammerhead gains a bonus through having Aventis Firestrike but Stormcast lose the Stormhost keyword when becoming part of an CoS army. Does that mean you can take whatever Stormcast special characters you want in a CoS army? Or is Aventis the one named exception?