How so Aelf societies work?

Do all those who have zero magic ability, can't shoot and can't fight become pirates? Like, is there is no other option left for these junk elves?

Then the most absolutely worst of these worthless pirate elves gets promoted/demoted to the position of Fleetmaster?

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Do all those who have zero magic ability, can't shoot and can't fight become pirates? Like, is there is no other option left for these junk elves?

Then the most absolutely worst of these worthless pirate elves gets promoted/demoted to the position of Fleetmaster?

Sounds cool to me, bunch of bitter and twisted pointyears deciding to raid and pillage...

16 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

This is the description of the CA according to the video: 

"You can use this CA at the start of your hero phase, if you do so you can pick one friendly Hallowheart wizard unit and roll a dice. That wizard suffers a number of MW equal to the roll and in addition until the start of the next hero phase add that roll to the cast roll of all friendly Hallowheart wizard units within 12” of them."

So, technically, you wound't have to suffer the MW in order to gain the extra to your cast, right? Also, if worded this way, you could even use a unit of Sisters of the Thorn to suffer the MW and then they could heal themselves with the healing spell. 

I've heard elsewhere that it's actually pick one friendly Hallowheart Wizard Hero, so if that's the case it won't work on Sisters of the Thorn, but still a great rule regardless. I'm pretty keen to try sisters out in Hallowheart - great value with the Hallowheart buffs.

36 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

All in all, I still think the tome is a net positive, but I really hope they do not take out the FP allegiance in GHB 2020, because this book has more limits than any battletome before.

Free Peoples Allegiance is already out with CoS. Actually it is not playable any more as all Freeguild warscrolls (except Freeguild Archers) lost their Free Peoples keyword.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Izotzuhure said:

This is the description of the CA according to the video: 

"You can use this CA at the start of your hero phase, if you do so you can pick one friendly Hallowheart wizard unit and roll a dice. That wizard suffers a number of MW equal to the roll and in addition until the start of the next hero phase add that roll to the cast roll of all friendly Hallowheart wizard units within 12” of them."

So, technically, you wound't have to suffer the MW in order to gain the extra to your cast, right? Also, if worded this way, you could even use a unit of Sisters of the Thorn to suffer the MW and then they could heal themselves with the healing spell. 

Yes that's really nice. The more I think about some cities the more I like them

1 hour ago, Kyriakin said:

Just found out Anvilguard is in the Realm of Fire. That seems like a weird visual match for Scourge Privateers, and the like.

Feels like they should really be in the Realm of Shadow.

Its important to remember that the Realms are not one homogeneously landmass. They can be very diverse. 

Aqshy isnt just heat and desert everywhere. There are also huge grass plains, steaming jungles or swamps. In my mind Anvilgard is a good analogy for New Orleans; the swamps of Louisina but turned to 11. 

EDIT: Thats what I mean:

misty-green-700x467.jpg.9927c4b7a60c3ca1768bcd7333e20a2f.jpg

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 5

Yes, Anvilgard is in Aqshy - it's actually even located in the Great Parch. If you have that map from 2018 WD you can see it. All cities of Firestorm are from Aqshy and Ghyran. And "realmlocking" really doesn't hurt my Hysh army (partially because I didn't even started building it :) ) because I'm not going to use realm specific artefacts. And I believe we will get rules for other cities like Excelsis in WDs.

Thinking of doing the following 1000pts list for meeting engagement:

Sorceress (90)

assassin(80)

Scourgerunner Chariots (60)

Scourgerunner Chariots (60)

black guards(120)

black guards(120)

black guards(120)

dark riders(110)

dark riders(110)

dark riders(110)

might replace one unit of dark riders with shadow warriors

How does it sounds? .. what city would fit it?

Edited by Nasnad

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Its important to remember that the Realms are not one homogeneously landmass. They can be very diverse. 

Aqshy isnt just heat and desert everywhere. There are also huge grass plains, steaming jungles or swamps. In my mind Anvilgard is a good analogy for New Orleans; the swamps of Louisina but turned to 11. 

EDIT: Thats what I mean:

misty-green-700x467.jpg.9927c4b7a60c3ca1768bcd7333e20a2f.jpg

So 45 degrees C with 200% humidity?

2 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

I think 'societies' is the key thing here, with the privateers being entirely their own semi-nomadic culture. Nick Horth's Heart of Winter novella covers this apparently.

There used to be a multi-realm 'Scourge empire' which was more like a vast unchallenged pirate host that loads of places had to pay tribute to, but obviously the age of chaos shattered that. The remnants wound up becoming semi-respectable, working for Azyrheim (hence privateers, not pirates) and then after the realmgate wars acting as monster hunters and defence fleets for cities like Anvilgard. The fleetmasters seem to be the old scourge empire noble families and some of them feel this is all far too domesticated and are itching/conspiring to resurrect what they used to be.

I suppose we'll see more of this in the battletome.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, the realm lockin is really bugging me.

I can understand the city simply is in a specific place, but I had planned to do stuff that now simply does not fit, and all cities are in two realms, really cutting down on the options.

I think it's down to CoS being basically a battletome version of the firestorm Campaign - which was a campaign over Aqshy of course, with additional forces from Ghyran via Hammerhal, and several of the cities were new to the lore at that point. Hallowheart, Tempest's Eye and Anvilgard were all founded in Aqshy, while Hammerhal is in both, which brings in Greywater Fastness, the Living City and Phoenicium.

We may see additional cities from other realms at some point, but the other realms don't have much in the way of similar Sigmar cities in the lore yet; Excelsis from Ghur maybe in WD?

Edited by Arkhanist

2 hours ago, Duke of Gisoreux said:

Free Peoples Allegiance is already out with CoS. Actually it is not playable any more as all Freeguild warscrolls (except Freeguild Archers) lost their Free Peoples keyword.

Ah, that's too bad. Great companies, I hardly knew ye.

So locked in with this then. More choice in rulesets, none in realms.

5 minutes ago, Arkhanist said:

I think it's down to CoS being basically a battletome version of the firestorm Campaign - which was a campaign over Aqshy of course, with additional forces from Ghyran via Hammerhal, and several of the cities were new to the lore at that point. Hallowheart, Tempest's Eye and Anvilgard were all founded in Aqshy, while Hammerhal is in both, which brings in Greywater Fastness, the Living City and Phoenicium.

We may see additional cities from other realms at some point, but the other realms don't have much in the way of similar Sigmar cities in the lore yet; Excelsis from Ghur maybe in WD?

I don't know. This is called Cities of Sigmar, not Cities of Sigmar; Aqshy and Ghyran.

Maybe Lethis and Excelsior get a White Dwarf, but seeing as there is no new plastic, I don't expect any commitment from GW.

33 minutes ago, AHexInScarletRed said:

Anything Shyishian in the book? 

No, you can only choose Aqshy or Ghyran.