I dont know about humans or elfs,but dwarfs have been nerfed hard.

To sumarice:

We have lost our shield of reroll saves for a +1 save(a save of 4 rerrolling is a save of 2'5) so it is a nerf.

We have lost the combo of two hand weapons and shield(that was needed) but this have come with a increase in points and not a reduction,that makes zero sense

We have lost the banner of only loose the 50% of models with bravery faills for a +1 bravery,nerf

We have lost the ignore spells on every unit with a 5+ for.......nothing

We have lost the ignore rend of 1 with our armor for nothing in breacker case and a +1 save to rangued in drakes.

So as you can see dwarfs units have been nerfed HARD and the points dont reflect those huge nerfs as every unit have got increase in points out of drakes and breackers.

I hope elfs or humans get more luck because dwarfs have been done useless

9 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

I dont know about humans or elfs,but dwarfs have been nerfed hard.

To sumarice:

We have lost our shield of reroll saves for a +1 save(a save of 4 rerrolling is a save of 2'5) so it is a nerf.

We have lost the combo of two hand weapons and shield(that was needed) but this have come with a increase in points and not a reduction,that makes zero sense

We have lost the banner of only loose the 50% of models with bravery faills for a +1 bravery,nerf

We have lost the ignore spells on every unit with a 5+ for.......nothing

We have lost the ignore rend of 1 with our armor for nothing in breacker case and a +1 save to rangued in drakes.

So as you can see dwarfs units have been nerfed HARD and the points dont reflect those huge nerfs as every unit have got increase in points out of drakes and breackers.

I hope elfs or humans get more luck because dwarfs have been done useless

Well you are right we got nerfed somewhat, but overall this is a huge buff since we are now able to play the objective game and get a whole lot of new units to use. Tempest eye and greywater are especially good for us. 

Our units still have a place compared to other units in the book and im happy about it. Lore wise we will get a tome later down the line, but for now im happy that I can play the game outside of kill each other games, while having a good chance to win.

4 hours ago, madmac said:

Phoenicium is a very specialized City, but they seem good at what they do, what they do being spamming out constantly healing 3+ save Phoenixes backed by the always rock solid Phoenix Guard.

If you're someone that went all in on Phoenix Temple already they're a no-brainer, for me I think I'll just pick up one Phoenix to go with my handful of guard and bring them out for fun once in a while.

Living City OTOH looks like my jam. With the new points I'm looking at about 1200-1300 points of Wanderers once everything is painted, which is fine with me. I'll fill the remaining points with Sylvaneth or Phoenix Temple while waiting for the Kurnothi update to drop. Also grabbing that 4 pack of Wizards for sure.

I'm with you on the Living City, but I'm going to augment my Wanderers with some Shadow warriors - they can show up wherever with their savage shooting attacks, so you can use them to threaten any objective on the field or pop up and eradicate a troublesome support hero or two en masse. 

Definitely going to have to buy a Phoenix, though, they are too good not to snap up at this point.

1 hour ago, Frowny said:

I think kharadron overlords allies are going to be great. Grundstock thunderers seem notably better than irondrakes. 2 shots basic instead of one and you cold bring a khemist for the 3rd.

Big blocks of ironbreakers are also looking strong. Hard to shift. Up to 3 quality attacks. Carry other buffs well.

Combos I see

Sisters of thorn + ironbreakers is a 2+ wall

Tanks in a bubble around the general in tempests eye. 2+ save, +1 to wound, control the middle from turn 1 with a wall of armor.

Both wild riders and demigryph knights hit quite hard on the charge. So math will tell us which is better as a hammer. Demis are much sturdier though.

Winner seem to me like hammerhal (generally useful), tempests eye for a strong alph Nd resistance to enemy alphas. Halloheart for a blob of battlemages

Anvilguard and grey water fastness seem.

Pheoneciumhas some good builds but seems like really only the go to for spamming pheonixes. Maybe do some will figure out how to build around the +1/+1.

Not sure how to Interpret living cities. I play sylvaneth and aside from the hunters not too much seems better in a living city than in a sylvaneth army. Some great traits spells and artifacts though

Can't thorn anything not a wanderer.

okay, now that I seen more I like this book a bit more. would need to plan around making lists, but so far it's either a darkling covens / freeguild knights hammerhal army, or a wanderers focused living city army...

a lot to play around with. I will say that the sisters of the watch looks like it could be fairly brutal with support.

Just now, Bozly said:

Forgot about that was back of my mind them and ballistas made a comeback lol. I have 6 cannons kinda sad they arent getting updates

Im going to play my old cannons as Helstorm rockets. Since the Battery requires line of sight its rules fit a smaller cannon quite well. 

2 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

Does the Steam Tank Hero making steam tanks Battleline override the fact that they are Behemoths? Or are they also still Behemoths and the "army of steam tanks" is a lie?

For Flest Eater Courts the Battleline condition overrides the Behemoth tag for Terrorgheists and Dragons. 

Im thinking of going hollow heart. I havent looked closely at the points but:

Sorceress general: battle shock immunity aura, -to hit against shooting

Battlemage ghur

Battlemage hysh: adjunct

Battlemage: chamon

Sorceress

40x darkshards

10x free guild guard

10x free guild guard

10x free guild guard

6xmorrsar guard

30x blackguard

Burning head

Quicksilver swords

Purple sun

Geminids

Thinking of adding a hurricanum for bonus to cast for the battle mages. 

Black guard are very fast, with wild form and a commandabout from the sorc they get a potential 15" move and +3" to charge.

Morrsar are just another quick killy unit that dont hit as hard but don't need as much support. That said they can be buffed with hallow heart spells to boost thier punch.

What do you folks think, should i bring the hurricanum? Maybe different endless spells?? Like palaisade, shackles, and gravetide??? Not feelingthe gemnids for the price. 

Maybe the luminarch kill laser??

Edited by mmimzie

Ok so I haven't really looked at the stormcast book, but what do you think of the living city list?

Anointed on Flamespyre Phoenix 300
Drycha 320
Phoenix Guard (30) 420
Phoenix Guard (30) 420
Phoenix Guard (10) 160
Frostheart Phoenix 220
Shadow Warriors (10) 110
Emerald Lifeswarm 50
Total 2000

Drycha seems really good with the command ability that allows you to move again after shooting. She basically moves 18" if an enemy unit is within 27" at the beginning of the turn. 

The anointed on flamespyre phoenix will probably be the general with the +1 save command trait and the strike first artefact or maybe one of the artefact from the realm of life (e.g. +1 to hit and wound or maybe the D6 heal once per battle).

I added 10 shadow warriors because I had 110 points left at the end. They are also really good with the life command ability that would allow them to be set up within 9" of an enemy unit and then move 6" after shooting.

Since the living city is in the realm of life, the emerald lifeswarm should get the D6 (if I understood correctly).

It's a bit of a shame that the living city doesn't give you a way of generating CP. I think I should also add another wizard since I only have drycha. Maybe a battlemage instead of the shadow warriors?

The lore of leaves is absolutely awesome so I think at least 2 wizards in the army would be nice. You can for example stack the -1 to wound from the frostheart with the third spell. Or add another way to heal D6 to a friendly unit.

What do you think of this list? I was also think about playing the phoenix guard as MSU and add either a luminark or an hurricanum. It would give me a second caster and a way to deal MW + some buffs but I would lose some bodies. The hurricanum also casts the lifeswarm on a 5 instead of a 6.

Edited by spenson

So my Hammerhal Freeguild list works out relatively similar to how I normally played in terms of size.

Hammerhal

Freeguild General -100

Griffon -320

40 guard with swords 280

30 Greatswords -420

30 Handgunners -300 (ha-ha I knew not caving to crossbows was a good idea)

10 Guard with Halberds -80

6 Demigryphs -360

1 Battle Mage -90

1950 (by my reckoning)

So I can't squeeze in my Luminark, and while I still have no MW protection, I think all these buffs Freeguild got will make up for it. This list is basicaly the same as my normal one, minus the Luminark.

This list has 110 infantry in it (all of which are in the process of being repainted for Hammerhal((I started this before I knew the rules, check my receipts for dettol)), and still has some beef/speed in Demis and the Gryphon. I'd rather not have ANOTHER command point to start, so maybe I'll get an endless spell.

I was fortunate in that the stars aligned for me and my army, and I see how in some ways it didn't for others. This book seems extremely solid, although I have a sneaking suspicion something busted is going to show up out of Phoenicium but i don't know how or why.

Greatswords and Demis are the real winners for me, even though they went up a fair bit, they also became incredibly potent. While I could field the Lancer battalion and go extra-Hammerhalian, I feel, while it's decent, it's unnescessary. Also Griffon for the most part was a straight buff, although piercing bloodroar is nerfed.

I saw someone saying the foot general isn't worth it anymore, but his command ability is 100 points no matter how you swing it. Also, base infantry will be bravery 7 around him and elites 8 which gives some protection vs Mind Razor and other bravery debuffs. For Hammerhal, the battleshock modifiers Freeguild could take before really aren't a big loss, since with the potential for 13 banners, I'll be raking in those CPs like no one else. I can really see Hammerhal being the army if you want to field a huge amount of infantry, because they themselves are contributing to CP generation. That's an average of like 3 CP a turn banners + normal generation, then there's the retinue +1 on a 4+ then there's other traits etc etc. Personally, I love Banners Held High as it makes the huge infantry force feel cohesive in a way.

I am very satisfied with Hammerhal, and it feels (as a Freeguild army) very reasonably balanced with clear strengths that will contend with the top tier armies. Now, do I feel like Living City and Tempest's Eye will be where the meta lies...

As I said before, I will have to trade my magic and magic defence for the new rules, but it's worth it to me.