This, in general, looks good!

I wonder if freeguild company skills will be retained in some form, battalion maybe, because that seems like a biggest loss, but apart from that.. well, we're pretty set. Shame about the warpriest, I wonder what general unlocks flagellants then.

Also: one quick combo that I noticed: griffon's, dark riders' and kharybdiss' bravery buffs seem to  stack with one another. If you use all 3, we're talking about -3 bravery to anything near them.

Sorceress' command abilities are genuinely great, by the way. Did you notice that Tempest's Eye darkshards with a  sorceress nearby have up to 32' first turn threat range, with 2 3+/4+ shots each? 2+/4+ if you also have a hurricanum, and, as that stacks freely with basically everything, why wouldn't you. Because I noticed, and now need to build more shooty aelves than I have now :D

Also, demigryphs hit hard, holy hell, that's some power... and, with dreadlord's ability, so do drakespawn.

Edited by dekay
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Were they also made for AoS specifically?

Well technically non of those units were really made for aos.

And since Gw had the policy of making rules for any models they bring out next to aos, they basically were playable, till well the books came out and gw decided to show us their cold shoulder, arguable understandably.

anyways, although having lost a few (tons actually) models, I think some of their rule change have made some models a very interesting option.

for example I am very happy with the changes to the heavy cavs in total.

finally they can do something, finally their lances aren't some wet noodles at the charge, and finally they have a some great survivability with most of them having a 3+ save.

although our beloved beard-things haven't gotten the so long desired extra wound, I am rather glade that they are basically showing their unicness as master smiths, with their 4+/3+ save around the faction.

Although there are a few things I am not sure was really necessary, like nerfing the executioners or leaving the corsairs as bad as they were before. Then again, not knowing the different faction allegiance abilities (I am guessing and hoping there will be some bonuses for each faction in the book) or the points changes, I guess this isn’t really something We can really judge right now.

Still I am rather happy Gw decided to bring them up, finally (I probably would have gone insane, if they waited another month or so).

I’m a little confused, have we lost the excelsior warpriest along with all of the old war priests?  And the Witch Hunter too?  I’ve consumed a lot of the AoS Black Library stuff, and I’m really surprised if we’ve lost all of these, unless I’m missing something.  The narrative needs mortal followers of Sigmar...that’s where all the Stormcast come from!

It was also a bit glum to listen to Blacktalon: First Mark that had a Swifthawk chariot as a character.

1 minute ago, Kristensen said:

Why run and charge on the crossbow men, that's just a bad joke and kick in the nuts for all who have them, and no chance to deal rend, the old piper ability was the biggest reason I made them that way. 

Because musicians and banners are now all the same, bringing musicians for missile weapons is now useless. Compare this banner to the old one for demis...

15 minutes ago, Remus Prime said:

I’m a little confused, have we lost the excelsior warpriest along with all of the old war priests?  And the Witch Hunter too?  I’ve consumed a lot of the AoS Black Library stuff, and I’m really surprised if we’ve lost all of these, unless I’m missing something.  The narrative needs mortal followers of Sigmar...that’s where all the Stormcast come from!

It was also a bit glum to listen to Blacktalon: First Mark that had a Swifthawk chariot as a character.

A chance is they did not reprint the warscroll because it was sufficient. A very, very slim chance 

13 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Because musicians and banners are now all the same, bringing musicians for missile weapons is now useless.

Speak for yourself, on darkshards they're very much useful ; )

But, yeah, on human shooters they're beyond situational. Well, at least they're free.

2 minutes ago, Unit1126PLL said:

So the Steam Tank hero upgrade says "any artefacts or command traits only affect the commander's attacks" or something to that effect. For things that don't affect attacks at all (e.g. thermalrider cloak) does this mean they don't work at all? Or do they work normally?

They still work normally. It's a general rule of artifacts that they only modify the direct attacks of the hero model and not his mount, ect.

For anyone looking for points (Let me know if I made any mistakes, he ran through them pretty quickly)

Hellblaster Volley Gun - 120
Hellstorm Rocket Battery - 130
Bleakswords - 90/320
Darkshards - 100
Dreadspears - 90/320
Eternal Guard - 130/330
Freeguild Crossbow - 100
Freeguild Guard - 80/280
Freeguild Handgunners - 100
Ironbreakers - 130/330
Longbeards 110/270
Celestial Hurricanum - 220
Flamespyre Phoenix - 200
Frostheart Phoenix - 220
Kharybdis - 170
Luminark - 210
Steam Tank - 200
War Hydra - 170
Annointed - 100
Assasin - 80
Battlemage - 90
Black Ark Fleetmaster - 60
Cogsmith - 60
Freeguild General - 100
Nomad Prince - 120
Runelord - 90
Sorceress - 90
Warden King - 110
Annointed on Flamespyre - 300
Annoinyed on Frostheart - 320
Battlemage on Griffon - 300
Celestial Hurricanum w/ Battlemage - 280
Dreadlord on Black Dragon - 300
Freeguild General on Griffon - 320
Luminark w/ Battlemage - 270
Sorceress on Black Dragon - 300
Steamtank w/ Commander - 250
Black Guard- 140
Dark Riders - 110/360
Demigryph Knights - 180
Drakespawn Chariots - 80/210
Drakespawn Knights - 170
Executioners - 130/330
Flagellants - 80/280
Greatswords - 160/420
Freeguild Outriders - 100
Freeguild Pistoliers - 100
Gyrobomber - 80/210
Gyrocopter - 70/180
Hammerers - 140/360
Irondrakes - 150
Phoenix Guard - 160/420
Scourgerunner Chariots - 60/150
Shadowarriors - 110
Sisters of the Thorn - 130
Sisters of the Watch - 160
Wild Riders - 130
Wildwood Rangers - 130

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I compiled the following list from the GMG review.

Helblaster Volley Gun 1 1 120 120 Artillery  
Helstorm Rocket Battery 1 1 130 130 Artillery  
Bleakswords 10 40 90 320 Battleline  
Darkshards 10 40 100 400 Battleline  
Dreadspears 10 40 90 320 Battleline  
Eternal Guard 10 30 130 330 Battleline  
Freeguild Crossbowmen 10 30 100 300 Battleline  
Freeguild Guard 10 40 80 280 Battleline  
Freeguild Handgunners 10 30 100 300 Battleline  
Ironbreakers 10 30 130 330 Battleline  
Longbeards 10 30 110 270 Battleline  
Anointed 1 1 100 100 Leader  
Assassin 1 1 80 80 Leader  
Battlemage 1 1 90 90 Leader  
Black Ark Fleetmaster 1 1 60 60 Leader  
Cogsmith 1 1 60 60 Leader  
Freeguild General 1 1 100 100 Leader  
Nomad Prince 1 1 120 120 Leader  
Runelord 1 1 90 90 Leader  
Sorceress 1 1 90 90 Leader  
Warden King 1 1 110 110 Leader  
Anointed on Flamespyre Phoenix 1 1 300 300 Leader, Behemoth  
Anointed on Frostheart Phoenix 1 1 320 320 Leader, Behemoth  
Battlemage on Griffon 1 1 300 300 Leader, Behemoth  
Celestial Hurricanum with Celestial Battlemage 1 1 280 280 Leader, Behemoth  
Dreadlord on Black Dragon 1 1 300 300 Leader, Behemoth  
Freeguild General on Griffon 1 1 320 320 Leader, Behemoth  
Luminark of Hysh with White Battlemage 1 1 270 270 Leader, Behemoth  
Sorceress on Black Dragon 1 1 300 300 Leader, Behemoth  
Steam Tank with Commander 1 1 250 250 Leader, Behemoth  
Celestial Hurricanum 1 1 220 220 Behemoth  
Flamespyre Phoenix 1 1 200 200 Behemoth  
Frostheart Phoenix 1 1 220 220 Behemoth  
Kharibdyss 1 1 170 170 Behemoth Battleline in ANVILGARD army
Luminark of Hysh 1 1 210 210 Behemoth  
Steam Tank 1 1 200 200 Behemoth Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if STEAM TANK HERO general
War Hydra 1 1 170 170 Behemoth Battleline in ANVILGARD army
Black Ark Corsairs 10 40 80 240   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if SCOURGE PRIVATEERS general
Black Guard 10 30 120 320   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if DARKLING COVEN general
Dark Riders 5 20 110 360   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if SHADOWBLADE general
Demigryph Knights 3 12 180 720   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if FREEGUILD general
Drakespawn Chariots 1 3 80 210   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if ORDER SERPENTIS general
Drakespawn Knights 5 20 170 680   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if ORDER SERPENTIS general
Executioners 10 30 130 330   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if DARKLING COVEN general
Flagellants 10 40 80 280   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if HUMAN general
Freeguild Greatswords 10 30 160 420   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if FREEGUILD general
Freeguild Outriders 5 20 100 400   Battleline in TEMPEST'S EYE army
Freeguild Pistoliers 5 20 100 400   Battleline in TEMPEST'S EYE army
Gyrobombers 1 3 80 210    
Gyrocopters 1 3 70 180    
Hammerers 10 30 140 360   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if DISPOSSESSED general
Irondrakes 10 30 150 450   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if DUARDIN general
Phoenix Guard 10 30 160 420   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if PHOENIX TEMPLE general
Scourgerunner Chariots 1 3 60 150   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if SCOURGE PRIVATEERS general
Shadow Warriors 10 30 110 330   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if SHADOWBLADE general
Sisters of the Thorn 5 20 130 520   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if WANDERER general
Sisters of the Watch 10 20 160 320   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if WANDERER general
Wild Riders 5 20 130 520    
Wildwood Rangers 10 30 130 390   Battleline in CITIES OF SIGMAR army if WANDERER general

Aetherguard Windrunners     120   Warscroll Battalion 1 TEMPEST'S EYE Freeguild General on Griffon, 3-6 units TEMPEST'S EYE Freeguild Outriders or Pistoliers, 0-2 TEMPEST'S EYE Grundstok Gunhaulers
Charrwind Beasthunters     120   Warscroll Battalion 1 ANVILGARD Black Ark Fleetmaster, 3 units ANVILGARD Black Ark Corsairs, 1-3 ANVILGARD Scourgerunner Chariots, 0-1 ANVILGARD Kharibdyss
Greywater Artillery Company     120   Warscroll Battalion 1 GREYWATER FASTNESS Cogsmith, 2-4 GREYWATER FASTNESS Helstorm Rocket Batteries or Helblaster Volley Guns
Hammerhalian Lancers     140   Warscroll Battalion 1 HAMMERHAL Freeguild General on Griffon, 3-6 units HAMMERHAL Demigryph Knights
Phoenix Flight     130   Warscroll Battalion 1-2 PHOENICIUM FROSTHEART PHOENIX, 1-2 PHOENICIUM FLAMESPYRE PHOENIX
Viridian Pathfinders     140   Warscroll Battalion 1 LIVING CITY Nomad Prince, 3 units LIVING CITY Wildwood Rangers, 0-1 unit LIVING CITY Wild Riders
Whitefire Retinue     140   Warscroll Battalion 2-4 HALLOWHEART HERO WIZARDS

Allies:
Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords (except Tempest's Eye), Sylvaneth (except Living City and Greywater Fastness)

Edited by Duke of Gisoreux
Freeguild General points
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

So what seems to be the better choice atm?

Volleyguns or the Rockets? With that new battalion for Greywater, if the Volleygun rolls a double (or hell messes it up twice with an engy near) does that mean it doesnt attempt to make the second attack that the battalion provides?

Their name is now changed (back) to  Shadow warriors too. 

I haven't been impressed with the Phoenicium but if I understood it correctly it'd be possible to have an Anointed on Phoenix who can do some spell casting, with the city lore not being overly terrible it should be fun. I'll have to wait for more clear information, but the Living City seems amazing. 

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Four-pack of Wizards are back on the store.

good because hallow heart wizards are going to be nuts!!, command abilityl ets you roll a die, and your wizard takes that much damage, but every wizard within 12" gets that that much added to thier cast. ALso each hallow heart wizard gets +1 cast per turn. 

ALso allies confirmed. 

stormcast, slyvaneth, and KO are limited to 1/4th your army. 

20 minutes ago, bernoodist said:

Shadow Warriors are no longer Swifthawks but now Shadowblades , GW haveth really lost the plot but that tends to be the Age of Sigmar way when it comes to fluff

You do understand that they are not the old naggaroth high elves, and a bunch of aelves that fit in with the sneaky assassin type 

Phoenicium is a very specialized City, but they seem good at what they do, what they do being spamming out constantly healing 3+ save Phoenixes backed by the always rock solid Phoenix Guard.

If you're someone that went all in on Phoenix Temple already they're a no-brainer, for me I think I'll just pick up one Phoenix to go with my handful of guard and bring them out for fun once in a while.

Living City OTOH looks like my jam. With the new points I'm looking at about 1200-1300 points of Wanderers once everything is painted, which is fine with me. I'll fill the remaining points with Sylvaneth or Phoenix Temple while waiting for the Kurnothi update to drop. Also grabbing that 4 pack of Wizards for sure.

• Like 1

So, as mentioned in synergy thread:

Outriders. Battleline and required for the battalion, so naturally, worth taking. For 100 pts you get 5d3+5 4+/3+/-1 shots. City's warlord trait adds +1 to wound. They have +2 to run and can shoot afterwards. In battalion they can also retreat and shoot. First turn threat range: up to 41 inches. Like.. damn.  Oh, and they have, of course, easy access to the Hurricanum [that, with 13+d6+1 run furst turn move can keep up with them] for +1 to hit, and wildform, for +2 additional threat range on one unit. 

Tempest's Eye alpha strike, go. :D