Urgh, the Freeguild "General" can only use greatswords.

They do seem quite able in combat though, dealing an extra mortal wound on sixes.

They also add one to the bravery to troops within 18", and hold the line, though barely readable, seems to work still (source: german card example).

Also, units are not divided by city, which will make allegiance abilities the only difference. Which will probably also make for poor allegiance abilities.

Edited by zilberfrid

14 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Also, units are not divided by city, which will make allegiance abilities the only difference. Which will probably also make for poor allegiance abilities.

I didn't see that mentioned in the article - though it did mention that at least the units in the new SC! boxes were useable in all 7 allegiances.

Just now, Tankman said:

I imagine the Cities will act like stormhosts, temples, or greatfrays.   

I suspect they will be something in between this and full allegiances.

Looking at the General Warscroll, he has the Cities of Sigmar keyword+Free Guild. His command ability still specifically targets Freeguild.

So it's not erasing the existing subfactions other than possibly the very small ones (Like Ironweld). It's just a way to field a bunch of different Order units in the same army with City themed allegiance abilities.  LoN is probably the best comparison, but still a bit different.

11 minutes ago, The Merchant Prince said:

I didn't see that mentioned in the article - though it did mention that at least the units in the new SC! boxes were useable in all 7 allegiances.

That is correct though, but I think if Disposessed and Hydras can be used by all, the rest will also be.

No mention of faction terrain or spells, though there is a tower on the table from the trailer.

Edited by zilberfrid

14 minutes ago, mmimzie said:

I wonder if hammer hall will still be an open to all city or if the book might be more clamped down. 

They could go like the legions of nagash where it has that clause "everything in this book can be used" or something like that.

The disposessed and privateers can be used in any city, so probably the rest too. Which will mean poor allegiance rules.

Factions still have abilities tied to their old faction.

There's a bit of "woo, finally coming" with quite a bit more of "every choice I see was the implementation I did not like".

24 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

That is correct though, but I think if Disposessed and Hydras can be used by all, the rest will also be.

No mention of faction terrain or spells, though there is a tower on the table from the trailer.

I think that's a bit of a stretch - we know that certain cities will get access to units from previous battletome arnies such as sylvaneth and kharadron in a limited way so I doubt they'd have gone with such a blanket approach.

12 minutes ago, The Merchant Prince said:

I think that's a bit of a stretch - we know that certain cities will get access to units from previous battletome arnies such as sylvaneth and kharadron in a limited way so I doubt they'd have gone with such a blanket approach.

Those are two different things, though. It's not unlikely that all CoS armies can be included in all cities, but only certain battletome armies can be used for select cities. KO for Tempest Eye, Sylvaneth for Living City, ect.