4 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I’m curious to know how involved the SCE will be since they are essentially integral to all the cities. Also heavily featured in the cover art. What roles do they fill? Does it depend on the city?

Perhaps each city will have a specific Stormhost attached to it, as many cities do in the lore, and any SCE units you use will use their Stormhost allegiance abilities rather than those pertaining to the city itself.  They could also restrict use of SCE to certain Chambers, such as Vanguard for The Living City. 

2 hours ago, Matador said:

Honestly the way they have handled the release of info has been complete bullsh*t and I encourage all of you to start posting on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar official Facebook page, complain about the mis-handling of the release and the dishonesty in announcing the battletome and then not release any news on release dates or data.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish I could give you some of the enthusiasm I still feel for the tome.

I personally don't agree that GW has been dishonest with this release. We know (or at the very least have evidence) it's coming before Ossiarch Bonereapers in October. I know we've gotten more than our share of surprise with this whole affair, but I personally don't want the disappointment that I've felt to ruin the release before the release is even released.

But maybe that's just the rationalization of a chronic procrastinator still trying to paint his army, eh?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

My only issue is that with stormcast. I feel like a SCE general would override authority of any non sce free city general.

i imagine its like a SM chapter master and his marines showing up to a war the IG are fighting, step aside.

Josh Reynolds' "Black Pyramid" does a great job explaining how it would work - more of a collaborative effort between the SCE and the Freeguilds.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

Josh Reynolds' "Black Pyramid" does a great job explaining how it would work - more of a collaborative effort between the SCE and the Freeguilds.

Not saying there wouldn’t be collaborating, more on the end that when the golden boys are around they would almost always be vastly superior, just by fact that when they die they will get reborn, where everyone dies is dead dead lol

6 hours ago, Matador said:

I think we should all keep in mind that we can still play straight Free People armies without a city alliance just as it was after Firestorm came out.... unless they go out of their way to dink the army, which is still possible I suppose.  Honestly the way they have handled the release of info has been complete bullsh*t and I encourage all of you to start posting on the Warhammer Age of Sigmar official Facebook page, complain about the mis-handling of the release and the dishonesty in announcing the battletome and then not release any news on release dates or data.

They will be updating warscrolls. Chances are keywords will not match. Generals in any sensible build will probably lose that option when the only config on the warscroll is the Empire Captain.

6 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Perhaps each city will have a specific Stormhost attached to it, as many cities do in the lore, and any SCE units you use will use their Stormhost allegiance abilities rather than those pertaining to the city itself.  They could also restrict use of SCE to certain Chambers, such as Vanguard for The Living City. 

That would be a good way to limit them, and I do want them severely limited to put focus on the stuff that needs a tome.

• Like 1

Well I wonder how the other warscrolls will turn out.

I hope it wont be just nonsense piled upon more nonsense leaving you to play mostly SCE.... because at that point you can just straight go and play SCE, and thats not why everyone is hyped for CoS battle tome.

I hope the old warscroll revamp will be kind to the iconic units of old. I wanna see Empire general on Gryphon/Dragon, Chocobo riders, knights, Greatswords, Hurricanum and other cool Empire units make a glorious comeback.

Wish the same could be said about the elves, but well they got squatted hard, so the most you can get out of those are the burning bow girls...

I got an entire thematically stylized Empire army waiting and collecting dust, hoping to be of use again. (Sure I can play it in 9A or Warlords of Erewhon, but neither of those games cuts it for one reason or another).

We just need to be patient. We waited and hoped for this for years now, and now its around a month away so lets just keep fingers crossed for a good release that will see the old units make a comeback rather than falling into obsolescence and the book being just another "SCE expansion".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

I hope it wont be just nonsense piled upon more nonsense leaving you to play mostly SCE.... because at that point you can just straight go and play SCE

I believe people who do that sort of stuff already play HoS and FEC, after dumping DOK or LoN :D

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

Well I wonder how the other warscrolls will turn out.

I hope it wont be just nonsense piled upon more nonsense leaving you to play mostly SCE.... because at that point you can just straight go and play SCE, and thats not why everyone is hyped for CoS battle tome.

I hope the old warscroll revamp will be kind to the iconic units of old. I wanna see Empire general on Gryphon/Dragon, Chocobo riders, knights, Greatswords, Hurricanum and other cool Empire units make a glorious comeback.

Wish the same could be said about the elves, but well they got squatted hard, so the most you can get out of those are the burning bow girls...

I got an entire thematically stylized Empire army waiting and collecting dust, hoping to be of use again. (Sure I can play it in 9A or Warlords of Erewhon, but neither of those games cuts it for one reason or another).

We just need to be patient. We waited and hoped for this for years now, and now its around a month away so lets just keep fingers crossed for a good release that will see the old units make a comeback rather than falling into obsolescence and the book being just another "SCE expansion".

Burning bows would tie in well with burning phoenixes, so that's a distinct possibility.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well what would make the aelves also interesting is, if they get some kind of a generic keyword/ name/title.

would be perfect for those aelves that got squatted 

I am hoping for a generic Cities keyword, which applies its abilities to all Cities units.

The specific Cities then define what can be in your city.

That would help diversify them greatly.

23 hours ago, Eevika said:

Everyone you can stop making lists I have figured it all out. This is what we call EVERYONE HELP THE MIGHTY SLAYER!!!!

Leaders

• Gotrek (He is the list)
  • Jade Battlemage (Heals and gives Gotrek a 6++ save)
  • Archmage (Gives everything around him a 6++ save protecting Gotrek and his crew)
  • Freeguild General (This dude helps the shooters shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)

Units

• Luminarch of Hysh (Gives Gotrek and his crew a 6++ save)
  • 5x Sisters of the Thorn (Gives Gotrek save rerolls) 
  • 30x Freeguild Crossbowmen (Shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)
  • 10x Freeguild Guard (We need a battleline)

Spells

• Balewind Vortex (Put the battlemage here so he doesnt go into danger but can heal Gotrek)
  • Chronomatic Cogs (Makes the team of murder a lot faster)

Its fool proof guys this is how we beat everyone. Trust me at the end you have a Gotrek with a 4+ rerollable save,  3++ save, 6++ save, 6++ save and a 6++ save. What can the enemy do?

I'd take some more screening units since most you buffing units are squishy and bad in melee. 

If you get a chance to use your list, I'd love to know how you did with it.

15 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

My only issue is that with stormcast. I feel like a SCE general would override authority of any non sce free city general.

i imagine its like a SM chapter master and his marines showing up to a war the IG are fighting, step aside.

It depends who else is living in the city. I think most elf races would not seed there leadership. If its and elf, free people, sce city. I think between the elves and the sce it would depend on who has seniority. 

As for how the cities will work. I feel they will work like lethisian guard works in the forbidden powers, with the same format. I think just as forbidden powers foreshadowed mercenaries. It will also foreshadow hot cities of sigmar works.

As for releases and how ge has handle this one. I think GW needs to atleast start telling us what month things are coming out. 

On 9/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Eevika said:

Everyone you can stop making lists I have figured it all out. This is what we call EVERYONE HELP THE MIGHTY SLAYER!!!!

Leaders

• Gotrek (He is the list)
  • Jade Battlemage (Heals and gives Gotrek a 6++ save)
  • Archmage (Gives everything around him a 6++ save protecting Gotrek and his crew)
  • Freeguild General (This dude helps the shooters shoot all the small stuff infront of Gotrek)

Units

• Luminarch of Hysh (Gives Gotrek and his crew a 6++ save)
  • 5x Sisters of the Thorn (Gives Gotrek save rerolls) 
  • 10x Freeguild Guard (We need a battleline)

Spells

• Balewind Vortex (Put the battlemage here so he doesnt go into danger but can heal Gotrek)
  • Chronomatic Cogs (Makes the team of murder a lot faster)

Its fool proof guys this is how we beat everyone. Trust me at the end you have a Gotrek with a 4+ rerollable save,  3++ save, 6++ save, 6++ save and a 6++ save. What can the enemy do?

Freeguild crossbowmen/handgunners are battleline by default, so the guard are a bit superfluous. I would replace em with a 10 man unit of handgunners for the long rifle.

47 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

I'm having trouble deciding which scheme to go with. What do you all think, Stormwind or L'Anguille?

20190920_125510.jpg

I think I like the white more, feels more crisp. That does depend on if you want a more regal feel or a rough militia feel.

Either way I would cover up the bare feet. Hated that about the Empire sculpts, this isn't the militia kit, they were state troops. I just painted mine as boots, ya can't tell otherwise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

Either way I would cover up the bare feet. Hated that about the Empire sculpts, this isn't the militia kit, they were state troops. I just painted mine as boots, ya can't tell otherwise.

Right? I like to think Sigmar can actually provide clothing for his troops. This isn't Stirland.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

Right? I like to think Sigmar can actually provide clothing for his troops. This isn't Stirland.

well historically many armies would remove their shoes for better foot control, especially in wet or hilly terrain. remember medieval/renaissance (army)  boots are basically just leather socks.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

well historically many armies would remove their shoes for better foot control, especially in wet or hilly terrain. remember medieval/renaissance (army)  boots are basically just leather socks.

Landsknecht shoes were more than leather socks, and hobnailed shoes provide a lot more traction than people give credit for. Shiny stone tiles are an issue for them though, and vinyl or wooden floors no fans.