4 hours ago, michu said:

I forgot to post it here..

Chris Peach showed beautiful Cannon conversion for Mercenary Companies during Warhammer TV.

image.png.548d45ffdcc7c7d10013ec7311465e27.png

Great conversion but the legs on that dude with the drum or helmet? Are from the discontinued empire general.. guess it’s ok for them to show conversions with extinct products (personal army or not)

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

On 9/6/2019 at 12:32 AM, stus67 said:

At the very very least he's an insane distraction carnifex

It's not really a Distraction Carnifex.

A Distraction Carnifex is usually a model that looks scary, but is actually far less damaging (and far cheaper in terms of points) than the model would suggest.

Basically, its a way of psychologically distracting inexperienced players who waste resources killing the "big scary thing" that he should actually just ignore. Gotrek can't really be ignored, and certainly isn't weak or cheap!

If you want a true Distraction Carnifex to waste the time of novice opponents, I'd suggest the Kharybdyss.

On 9/5/2019 at 12:04 PM, Maturin said:

What would you use? His rules states that you can't get him out of the table to deepstrike.

Deepkin ionrach lets him use tides. Can let him get cover turn 1, run and charge turn 2, and attacks first turn 3. 

Run & charges and a cp can means basicly a 10" move.  

That's good delivery on its own. 

Also man i hope we get cities tomorrow. I stand on an edge of interest stoked to my max excitement levels. If i have to wait another week i might just actually finish my skaven.

Edit: can confirm my interest has been murdered.

Edited by mmimzie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2019 at 5:45 PM, Laststand said:

New article up on the community page about the bonereapers but at the end it says;

You’ll be able to order the first of the Ossiarch Bonereapers from October – Nagash waited for an aeon to unleash his creations, but you only have to wait a couple of months. Can’t wait for more goodness from the Mortal Realms? Don’t fret – before these guys arrive, both Order and Destruction aficionados will have a chance to bolster their defences with new battletomes coming in the next few weeks.

The next paragraph talks about "whether you play orruk, skaven or stormcast, you'll be ready". No humans dwarves or elves.

Edited by zilberfrid

I'm looking for a little advice on what to get for Cities pre-"the book actually coming out".  

Right now, I have tons of Stormcast, I have some wanderers (20 eternal guard, 10 sisters of the watch, 5 sisters of the thorn, 1 nomad prince) as well as some non-squatted high elves (20 pheonix guard, 2 pheonixes, 10 shadow warriors) and 1 dark elf assassin.  I have lots of other squatted elves that I'm planning to just say are elven versions of human counterparts, so my lion rangers will be greatswords, my high warden griffon dude will be a freeguild general on griffon, etc.  

I'm looking for advice on what else is good to get in terms of already being on a decent warscroll (in case they don't get sufficient buffs).  Are darkling covens and order serpentis and scourge privateers any good?  How are the dispossessed guys that are still around?  Should I get freeguild stuff or just like a mage on a griffin?  I may also just grab some fyreslayers/kharadron as well since they will probably be in certain cities and I know fyreslayers can always just be mercenaries.

What are people thinking might actually be good based on current warscrolls?  I understand it's all subject to change, I'm just anxious for the book to be out so I can finalize these decisions, but I also want to theorycraft in the meantime.

Also, any good ideas on what to use a sky cutter as?  I mean I could to gyro copters, but that seems silly and only works in the sense that they fly and are fragile.

Edited by willange

Does anyone know what the ruling is for Gotrek's Avatar of Grimnir for multi-wound abilities? For instance, a Warp Lightning cannon's ABILITY lets it roll dice for 1 mortal wound per positive result...so do you reduce the total damage to 1, or do you resolve every mortal wound as if it were from a separate attack? Since it's an ability, I would think it'd reduce all damage to one, no matter how many extra mortal wounds you roll.

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Does anyone know what the ruling is for Gotrek's Avatar of Grimnir for multi-wound abilities? For instance, a Warp Lightning cannon's ABILITY lets it roll dice for 1 mortal wound per positive result...so do you reduce the total damage to 1, or do you resolve every mortal wound as if it were from a separate attack? Since it's an ability, I would think it'd reduce all damage to one, no matter how many extra mortal wounds you roll.

If each successful wound is 1 MW, then it goes through

His ability is when the damage value number is a D3/D6 or Number greater than 1. 

he still gets a 3+ ward vs each wound though

Edited by Chumphammer

3 hours ago, Chumphammer said:

If each successful wound is 1 MW, then it goes through

His ability is when the damage value number is a D3/D6 or Number greater than 1. 

he still gets a 3+ ward vs each wound though

Totally disagree. The Warp Lightning Canon's Warp Lightning Blast is a single ability (and not multiple abilities) that has the potential to inflict multiple mortal wounds. Avatar of Grimnir states that "If the damage inflicted on this model by an attack, spell or ability is greater than 1, change it to 1. Mortal wounds are described in the core rules as a type of damage, therefore Warp Lightning Blast could inflict a max total of one mortal wound on Gotrek (just as a more conventional spell or ability that did D6 mortal wounds), that he would still get to ignore on a 3+.

That said Avatar of Grimnir's rules vs a lot of spells and abilities are a bit unclear and could do with a tidy up or FAQ.

• Thanks 3

A faq may change it, but I definitely agree with Double Misfire that right now that's how the ability should be played.  It's kind of an attack-ability, "Do not use the attack sequence for an attack made with a Warp Lightning Blast.  Instead roll a dice; that roll determines the power of that attack.  Then roll 6 more dice. The target suffers 1 mortal wound for each of those rolls that is equal to or greater than the power of that attack."  I would argue that even if you consider this an attack rather than an ability, the phrase "that attack" is singular so it's still a single attack.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, willange said:

Also, any good ideas on what to use a sky cutter as?  I mean I could to gyro copters, but that seems silly and only works in the sense that they fly and are fragile.

@dekay is thinking about converting his into Grundstock Gunhaulers in a Tempest's Eye force. Deepkin shark-thing if it can be allied in?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, willange said:

As Double Misfire said - mine will probably turn into Gunhaulers or frigates if only Tempest's Eye allows former dark elf units, as they will form the bulk of my army. If not, any large flying beast is an option, depending who will crew it. Freeguild griffon generals, dragon sorceresses, phoenix annointed? As long as you're consistent, all should be clear.  I might also pull them apart, harness some drakespawn or horses to the chassis and make it into a low gliding chariot, while turning the hawk into some other flying monster. Maybe counts-as phoenix with proper lightning effects added, as I'm looking for a way to implement Thunderbirds in some way ; )

I was also thinking about, maybe, making it into extra fancy hurricanum, but lack of fly keyword will make this option a bit more confusing for potential opponents.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Or you guys could sell them as what they are and make some elves lovers happy ;)

I actually am an "elf-lover" as well!  I just want to find a way to play the unit as something that will be legal going forward while keeping the cool high-elf aesthetic. It's a lot easier with some units than others.  For example, Lion Rangers make sense as Freeguild Greatswords.  My White Lion Chariot can always just pretend he's a Drakespawn Chariot.

Edited by willange