58 minutes ago, Esmer said:

Orcs finally becoming permanent additions

Ironjawz were literally created though for AoS? Other than Ard Boyz/Black Orcs, all the IJ line is 100% AoS created. And Bonesplitterz already had a battletome.

I mean over at the Destruction forum.. "(Common) Goblins and (Common) Orcs got Squatted because they're too generic" is a very common post.

Edited by kenshin620

I know rather little about AoS Orcs/Orruks, to be honest. I was under the impression that this new battletome will enable you to field "classic" boy hordes (i.e not Black Orcs or Wild Orcs) whereas the currently existing BT Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz don't? Or is this new Battletome literally just a fusion of BT Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz? 

Edited by Esmer

1 hour ago, Esmer said:

I know rather little about AoS Orcs/Orruks, to be honest. I was under the impression that this new battletome will enable you to field "classic" boy hordes (i.e not Black Orcs or Wild Orcs) whereas the currently existing BT Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz don't? Or is this new Battletome literally just a fusion of BT Ironjawz and Bonesplitterz? 

As far as we can tell, Greenskinz are dead. They stopped selling them around January, including "Start Collecting! Greenskinz" which was their only re-box. 

Thats why someone mentioned how it was a "double standard" that skeletons warriors and elf archers are fine, but orcs aren't.

Now of course the argument is that Greenskinz are too old, only their Boar Boyz are late 7th edition. Everything else was older, even predating the plastic Black Orcs. In addition to comparisons they they don't "add" anything to the table when compared to Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz. Which is why theres potential speculation some Order kits could be dropped with "Role Oversaturation" (how many elite 2 handed weapon heavy armor aelves can we fit?)  or age.

Unless GW does indeed have a grudge with the O&G of old. The ghost of Matt Ward perhaps?

Edited by kenshin620

The news about a tome deffinetely spark this thread's life

Now I can see myself picking up some greatswords and General, to build a small Cities of Sigmar force with my Hellstorm Rockets and Luminark/Hurricanum that I bought for my SCE but never built

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

It was meant as a joke but I guess, thanks?!😅

Sorry, I meant the reply as a joke as well, I have no authority over what's allowed or not. I don't even have enough of a mustache to assert that authority without having it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Sorry, I meant the reply as a joke as well, I have no authority over what's allowed or not. I don't even have enough of a mustache to assert that authority without having it.

Don’t worry, with the right waxing, your mustache will soon be one of the greatest.

anyways let’s get back the topic.

any ideas what the allegiance abilities could look like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Don’t worry, with the right waxing, your mustache will soon be one of the greatest.

Assuming the seven allegiances in the book are the seven cities we're already most familiar with, he bonus battle traits from Season of War: Firestorm with their own boutique artefact and trait lists ala the four different Legions in Legions of Nagash seems like a good foundation. Obviously they'd need tweaking (Hallowheart and the Phoenicium could do with a buff, if anything Anvilgard needs to be toned down).

On top of this I could also see human, duardin and aelf units getting their own distinct battle traits, similar to how Brayheards, Warheards and Thunderscorn work in the beastman book. Detachment rules for humans, something bravery related for duardin, and running/retreating and shoting/charging for aelves?

Obviously Living City and Tempest's Eye are getting access to Sylvaneth and Kharadron as non allies, but it'll be interesting to see if the individual cities will be restricted to only a few "Cities of Sigmar" factions like they were in Firestorm, or if they have access to the whole lot.

I think that conditional battleline for the different cities is a given, and my money's on Steam Tanks for Greywater Fastness, Phoenix Guard for the Phoenicium, and Demigryph Knights for Hammerhal (if the community article's anything to go by).

As and insanely lazy painter I'm also holding out for some non leader slot heroes like the ones Fyreslayers got. Come on Unforged! :D 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Maybe Brazillian waxing was not the right kind of waxing?

I think we'll see a reprint of Firestorm, but hope there'll be a way to add some stuff (through batallions? Through generals?) to the existing Freeguild allegiance abilities, and/or the city allegiance gives enough options that the tradeoff is worthwhile.

I'm afraid that rather than LoN type of tome they will do lazy Stormhost type solution adding Free Cities abilities as part of them along with CA, Trait and Artefact

As battletraits go we will probably see Order battleshock reroll and skaven clans-like benefits for different races/factions in the book

EDIT: Probably wrong

Edited by XReN
  • Thanks 1

Does any other race have only conditional battlelines other than former High Elves?

Currently we got Reavers and those are suposed to go away because it is no longer sold.

The other options are:

Phoenix Temple - Phoenix Guard 

Order Draconis - Dragon Blades 

Eldritch Council  - Swordmasters (possibly be going away since the ones sold are resin)

Swifthawk Agents  - Shadow Warriors

Imo all of those could be battleline in a Free Cities army. I really wish the "battleline If" goes away, or at least we get one option to field elves. Possibly at Hallowhearth where most Elves are? Or maybe Phoenicium factions get update to embrace more elven factions.

42 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Does any other race have only conditional battlelines other than former High Elves?

Currently we got Reavers and those are suposed to go away because it is no longer sold.

The other options are:

Phoenix Temple - Phoenix Guard 

Order Draconis - Dragon Blades 

Eldritch Council  - Swordmasters (possibly be going away since the ones sold are resin)

Swifthawk Agents  - Shadow Warriors

Imo all of those could be battleline in a Free Cities army. I really wish the "battleline If" goes away, or at least we get one option to field elves. Possibly at Hallowhearth where most Elves are? Or maybe Phoenicium factions get update to embrace more elven factions.

It would actually be nice if Phoenix Guard would be battleline in Phoenicium or Shadow Warriors in Tempest Eye. It would at least give those units a little more purpose instead of only being battleline in their subfaction.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

It would actually be nice if Phoenix Guard would be battleline in Phoenicium or Shadow Warriors in Tempest Eye. It would at least give those units a little more purpose instead of only being battleline in their subfaction.

Yeah, the "battleline if" should be extended for the new allegiances, it would allow for more varied builds. It need not be removed, just extended to include the cities they feature in.

1 hour ago, XReN said:

I'm afraid that rather than LoN type of tome they will do lazy Stormhost type solution adding Free Cities abilities as part of them along with CA, Trait and Artefact

As battletraits go we will probably see Order battleshock reroll and skaven clans-like benefits for different races/factions in the book

The article mentionend seven allegiance abilities. So I think the cities will be closer to soup tomes than to subfactions. 

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

The article mentionend seven allegiance abilities. So I think the cities will be closer to soup tomes than to subfactions. 

Thats good, haven't actually read the article as I was sleeping after game night at local wargaming club

Personally, I "main" Kharadron Overlords, so I will be certainly playing Tempest's Eye, at least at first.  

Have some pretty extensive conversion plans.  For my troops, I am going to use Necromunda Cawdor ganger bodies, combined with the heads, swords and shields from the State Troop set.

I think I'll use Dark Elf Cold Ones as the mounts for my Pistoliers.  Try and give them more of an AoS feel, with a non-standard mount option.

• LOVE IT! 1

49 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Personally, I "main" Kharadron Overlords, so I will be certainly playing Tempest's Eye, at least at first.  

Have some pretty extensive conversion plans.  For my troops, I am going to use Necromunda Cawdor ganger bodies, combined with the heads, swords and shields from the State Troop set.

I think I'll use Dark Elf Cold Ones as the mounts for my Pistoliers.  Try and give them more of an AoS feel, with a non-standard mount option.

I would use Greatsword bits if you have it, it is quite a bit more epic than the guard set. You would need to make some shields though, but I have found that half a Stormcast shoulderpiece is just as large as a smallish shield (and rerolling ones fits smallish shields). Find a Freeguild player, he or she is bound to have spare Greatsword bits (the amount of bits in it is bordering rediculousness).

My pistoleers/outriders are riding modified gryph-hound/chargers, matched to wood elf horse bodies. That's a lot of effort in cutting, but I wanted to make a heavy gryph theme. The front quarters of the gryph hounds are deceptively large, and minimal shortening of the hind legs is needed to make it even. I use Bretonnian Knights of the Realms and Glade Riders as riders, as they are a bit smaller than the outriders/pistoleers.

In effect, I'll have the following stuff:

- Karl Franz on griffin

- Demigryphs (with rear paws replaced by hooves (made from Bretonnian greathelms) to match the gryph chargers if I want to use them later)

- Quarter gryphs (the outriders/pistoleers)

- Gryph hounds (debating whether these will get hooves on rear paws as well for consistency)

and a lot of feathered hats.

Edited by zilberfrid

4 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Black Ark Corsairs and Scourgerunner Chariots are currently conditional Battlelines for Scourge Privateers. Same across several of the former Dark Elf factions; Darkling Covens, Order Serpentis, Shadowblades.

I suspect the upcoming book might tie these conditional Battleines to certain Free Cities, but I suppose it depends on how they'll be handing the keywords for all these sub-factions.

Edited by Circus of Paint