Spireguard are likely to be dropped. Since they were only found in plastics via Spire of Dawn... a box set no longer sold, and that had sprues that were mixed with Skaven. It is also for this reason Skaven lost the poison Wind Mortar, a plastic model. Anything that came out of that box set and can only be gotten from the box set are likely dead. 

31 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Greenskins as a faction have points in GHB 2019.  They haven't gone away. 

Well please link me then greenskinz models on the GW webstore, or where they have presence in the upcoming Orruk Warclan book.

Keep in mind Books are printed months in advance, so they may have printed GHB 2019 and then 1-2 months later killed off Greenskinz.

56 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

Well please link me then greenskinz models on the GW webstore, or where they have presence in the upcoming Orruk Warclan book.

Keep in mind Books are printed months in advance, so they may have printed GHB 2019 and then 1-2 months later killed off Greenskinz.

Well, you've got me there.  But they have points and are allies in the Gloomspite Gitz battletome.  I can only assume that, unless we hear otherwise, this year will be their last - in matched play at least.

23 minutes ago, Chickenbits said:

So what do you guys think about the mentioned "Greywater artillery train"? I hope it lets you mix and match freely. I have 3 Helstorms and a tank, will be pretty bummed if I need to get more stuff (other than a probable engineer-type hero).

I would imagine many old battalions getting reworked. Most old order battalions can be summed up as "have 1 of every unit".

Like Ironweld's battalion would be very useful if it was like 3-4 of ANY artillery plus engineer, rather than shoehorn in every single piece .

• Like 1

Just now, kenshin620 said:

Like Ironweld's battalion would be very useful if it was like 3-4 of ANY artillery plus engineer, rather than shoehorn in every single piece .

That's exactly what I'm hoping the artillery train will be like. Note that it has a brand new name (Greywater being included) so I hope they rework it from the ground-up.

6 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I would imagine many old battalions getting reworked. Most old order battalions can be summed up as "have 1 of every unit".

There's other types of artillery that aren't Cannons?! 😲

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

All models of the Greenskinz faction are no longer available, and there is 0 mentioning of them in the upcoming Orruk Warclan battletome. A bit ironic as the greenskin warboss with warbanner is a very popular support ally.

Well I mean with a bit of luck, they may have changed the keyword of a few greenskinz units to Ironjaws.

I mean I could easily imagine a well cheaper Ork Boss that’s keeping the tide somewhat in order.

If we already have a megaboss, then there’s literally the need of a nothing special at all boss. 

14 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I mean with a bit of luck, they may have changed the keyword of a few greenskinz units to Ironjaws.

I mean I could easily imagine a well cheaper Ork Boss that’s keeping the tide somewhat in order.

If we already have a megaboss, then there’s literally the need of a nothing special at all boss. 

There aren't any Greenskinz units or characters bar warbosses mounted on things and holding banners that couldn't be used as their immediate Bonesplitters counterparts.

Anyway, this is an Order thread. Orcs pls go 😊

0M141jg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I am trying to port across everything from Kislev into a counts as Cities of Sigmar army, but am stuck on Horse Archers.

I am not too familiar with some of the Order factions. Is there bow cavalry anywhere? (if not, I can still just make them Outriders/Pistoliers).

Also, what is there in the way of mounted wizards (Katarin/horse) and mounted warlords (Boris/bear) remaining within Order? I believe the Freeguild General can still be taken on a Warhorse, but am worried about basing.

Edited by Kyriakin

16 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

I am trying to port across everything from Kislev into a counts as Cities of Sigmar army, but am stuck on Horse Archers.

I am not too familiar with some of the Order factions. Is there bow cavalry anywhere? (if not, I can still just make them Outriders/Pistoliers).

Also, what is there in the way of mounted wizards (Katarin/horse) and mounted warlords (Boris/bear) remaining within Order? I believe the Freeguild General can still be taken on a Warhorse, but am worried about basing.

Elven Reavers.

Out of prodution but easy to find on ebay.

The Archmage on horse is still avaiable. Great kit Btw and if you add a human head and you got an easy conversion .

21 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

I think your best bet for horse archers may be Sisters of the Thorn.

Keep a horse-mounted Katarin with a unit, and they look like wizards well enough (Sisters are a wizard), their bows are not perfect analogues of the javelins, but it's the best I could come up with. Actually, Katarin in a sled with four horses or deer pulling it that are mounted with her handmaidens sounds like an awesome representation for her, and an interesting way to portray Sisters of the Thorn.

Others might be Outriders or Pistoleers, I would accept that without issue.

I do not think the mounted General is going to go, it's displayed in the case where the Free Cities are. Otherwise just increase the size of the bear, give it wings, and use it as Freeguild General on Griffin (similarely, you could make Katarin a Battlemage on Griffin, Luminarch or Celestial Hurricanum) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mogwai Man said:

White Lions and Glade Guard are no longer available online. Is this a sign of models being removed from the roster?

It could mean they are being removed, but it probably just means they are finally being reboxed with new art and round bases

For all Spire of Dawn Swifthawk owners - if our units won't survive (and it's very possible) you can use your models as :

Spireguard - Freeguild Guard with spears

Swordmasters - Freeguild Guard with swords *

High Warden - Freeguild General on Griffon

Archmage - Battle Wizard *

Reavers - Pistoliers (I excluded Outriders as they are armed with Blunderbusses and I think their damage output is too big for bows, pistols are better for that)

* - units that could survive as they currently still have models

• Like 2

I'm starting to wonder if GW made a mistake when they introduced the keywords to units.  Things would be so much easier if instead of using aelves and humans they'd just used a generic free peoples tag and had generic units. People could play silver helms, knightly orders, kislevite lancers as a single cavalry type, high elf archers and spearmen would be playable again etc. I know we can just pretend and use what we like, but having it officially set out would be nice and stops those gamers who take offence at people using older minis.

Edited by SentinelGuy
  • Like 1

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Just a gentle nudge folks but leave talk of greenskins out of this topic please. Had a few reports about it but rather than purge the comments out, I’ve left them so things don’t get derailed. Again keep to Cities of Sigmar please 😉

+++ Mod Hat Off +++

Although no new models, this is quite exciting release and I know Sam is quite passionate about the cities. Should be a interesting army to play 😁

2 hours ago, michu said:

For all Spire of Dawn Swifthawk owners - if our units won't survive (and it's very possible) you can use your models as :

Spireguard - Freeguild Guard with spears

Swordmasters - Freeguild Guard with swords *

High Warden - Freeguild General on Griffon

Archmage - Battle Wizard *

Reavers - Pistoliers (I excluded Outriders as they are armed with Blunderbusses and I think their damage output is too big for bows, pistols are better for that)

* - units that could survive as they currently still have models

I assume you meant switch out the swordmasters for greatswords since those are basically one for one - great weapon, heavy armour and 2 attacks a piece. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1