34 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Didn't state troops get updated on 2012? Still old but 8th Ed.

They were 7th edition. They're older than the plastic Wizards and Flagellants. Looking at the 7th edition book, it was interesting to see how much of the line was still metal.

Greatswords and Archers (ironically, though they are suppose to fit the Huntsmen unit I think) were 8th.

Edited by kenshin620

I'm hoping that the Wanderers get a fair treatment. I see them in the picture underneath the Battletome:

AoSOpenDay-Jul20-FreePeoples3esd.jpg

So, I hope athat this gives us good treatment within the Living City allegiance. Could bring us higher in the Competitive chain, and allow me to field my mixed collection of Sylvaneth, Wanderers, Free Peoples, and Stormcast coherently.

On 7/12/2018 at 3:46 AM, divineauthority said:

Peachy has done a video that should by help.

I'm currently looking at a couple of Stormcast Ballistas personally for artillery (Only 100 points!), I might add in a Helblaster too for some random fun.

oh joy its the old Altdorf scheme that i copied off of (with a different painting technique and paints) for my personal creation of a city. woooo

19 minutes ago, DatHomieSilverSurfer said:

As a long time Skaven only player, I've been really wanting to start an order army and couldn't decide between dispossessed and free peoples. I guess it's time to start collecting some Elves, Dwarfs, and Empire boyz.

Any suggestions on who I should grab first?

That's a question only you can answer. No-one can tell you what the new rules are going to be - for all we know an allied Devoted of Sigmar and Wanderers list is going to be game-breaking and dominating tournaments this time next year - but you know whether you like the norse aesthetic of the dwarves, the semi-historical humans with their steampunk quirks, or the high fantasy sharp, clean lines and robes of the elves.

14 hours ago, sorokyl said:

I don't think reboxing really means much. A weeks worth  of graphic design and send it to the cardboard box printer.... 
The real limitations on GW are plastic model production. I very much believe this is driving all of their business decisions for now.  Old kits are less sprue efficient (more sprues, less boxes per hour on their very taxed production lines). 

Also consider there is a very big push to make the game simpler and more new player friendly by making sure you can buy a box and then play it in the battletome as is, with warscroll rules for loadout match what is in a box.   A box of dwarf warriors has 16, but the unit requires multiples of 10. That is problematic. Not a death sentence, but does move it closer in my opinion.  

Third thing against dwarf warriors is that they are kind of hordey for AoS, where they probably already have  more hordes than they want, and the models are smaller in scale than most other dwarves in the mortal realms. the poses are too rank and file.

Basically nothing about current disposessed  warrior models match GWs current buisness strategy or what they want this game to be. 

I am not saying they will kill them, I think it's possible. And I think if you are looking for which units are getting cut, these are the sorts of things to look for (beyond "is it still being sold", those are obvious, but i think the cuts will be bigger... look at greenskinz)

By virtue of being a business in the game of making money, they should expand production capabilities to meet demand.

Where have you heard their production lines are taxed and at capacity? can you cite that?

8 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

They were 7th edition. They're older than the plastic Wizards and Flagellants. Looking at the 7th edition book, it was interesting to see how much of the line was still metal.

Greatswords and Archers (ironically, though they are suppose to fit the Huntsmen unit I think) were 8th.

The Greatswords and Archers came out with the Steam Tank as the third wave of 7th ed Empire plastics in 2009 (anyone remember the infamous goldswords fiasco?). The Griffon, Demigryphs, War Alter and wizard wagons came out with the 8th ed book. :) 

30 minutes ago, michu said:

Should we get a separate thread to post our free cities lore or here would be good?

Please post it here, I'd love to read it. :D 

1 hour ago, michu said:

Should we get a separate thread to post our free cities lore or here would be good?

I got mine ages ago... so far it's only resulted in a view test models and some terrain purchases but i'd be happy to share :) I'd be even more happy to read others creations for inspiration. 

17 minutes ago, SentinelGuy said:

I don't think the Spireguard will disappear, simply because they are mentioned so much in the Tempest's Eye fluff already that it would be weird to see them dropped now.

The fluff also keeps mentioning orruks and how Ironjawz are bigger and meaner than "normal" orruks and Boneslippterz are crazier orruks.

But I think "normal" orruks don't exist anymore gamewise.

30 minutes ago, SentinelGuy said:

Hmm that's a point. Have ordinary orruk boar boyz been dropped?

All models of the Greenskinz faction are no longer available, and there is 0 mentioning of them in the upcoming Orruk Warclan battletome. A bit ironic as the greenskin warboss with warbanner is a very popular support ally.

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

The fluff also keeps mentioning orruks and how Ironjawz are bigger and meaner than "normal" orruks and Boneslippterz are crazier orruks.

But I think "normal" orruks don't exist anymore gamewise.

Greenskins as a faction have points in GHB 2019.  They haven't gone away.  Gitmob Grots, on the other hand ..........