The Painting Contract - July 2018

Mohojoe

Hi folks! I'm new to the community but not the hobby. Last GW releases are realy brilliant and at first I want to buy and paint ewerything. But I should be realistic. So at first I decide to start a small Stormcast forces for 1000pts(mostly from Soul Wars).

That's my goals for July:

- 2x Retributors(should chouse color scheme while waiting for Soul Wars box)

- 4x Sequitors

- Knight-Incantor

Streatch goals:

-3x Evocators

- Celestar Ballista with crew

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to try and paint up my 6 IDK eels. Three are already partially painted so shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately I'm planning on some complex bases and I'm struggling to get the necessary materials so those will like have to wait for now.

Just need the humidity to go down so I can prime them all but July in Japan is the worst time of year for that ><

Hobby time really fell away the last two weeks of June- my pledge is in shambles, like the military ambitions of Arkhan the Black in my Total War: Warhammer 2 campaign (because I crushed him to dust). Again. So I'm going to scale it back. Again. This month, I solemnly swear to finish painting...

- my Akhelian King on Deepmare
- my Leviadon
- my Doomwheel

I know I'm going to have a crack at the new Nighthaunt at some point, I just know it.

Haven't pledged anything the last few months, was more work then I thought to get married? But now I have vacation and no big social shenanigans planned for the rest of the summer so it's time to slap some paint on some models!

This months pledge is a bit fluid since the goal will be to paint up what I need for a tournament at the end of July, but I can't decide on a list until I get the new GHB this weekend.

Ready built and primed is 10 Vanguard-Hunters, 3 Palladors and 3 Raptors with Hurricane Xbows so any of them will probably get painted.

Stretch goal will be a Stormcast Wizard of some description if I can get ahold of any in time. And perhaps some Endless Spells... 

Anyhoo... Painting will be done! Good luck everyone!

On 6/27/2018 at 3:38 PM, skumgummi said:

Aloha!

I'm new to the community. I'll start off real small as I've promised to assemble and prime my girlfriends necrons from the start collecting and forgebane.

This month I will strip and repaint my old chaos champion from 2001 or something like that. The dude with two axes and a sheathed dagger. I'm also planning on buying a box of Kairic Acolytes but I'm a busy guy and can't promise I'll get anywhere on them!

So I accidentally finished my pledge before July even started... I guess those Kairic Acolytes are back on the table!

afterbefore.jpg

Last month was a success.   This month I will still be busy with repainting, so I will contract a modest:

GUO x2 (one metal,  one plastic/magnetized)

Glottkin

3 Gnarlmaws,  assuming they arrive next week 

Harbinger of decay 

Malign Sorcery

Got these three painted and I'm super happy with my scheme and how it turns out. This is the first time I've tried my own original scheme and it hasn't looked absolute tripe haha. I think the colours compliment each other well, and despite my limited painting skills I really think they're gonna pop and stand out on the table top! (If I do say so myself)

The colours are inspired from the colour palettes from Mists of Pandaria, the wow expac, especially from stuff like the buildings, the mogu and their quilen pets. I'm sure all those things have basis in actual chinese architecture and culture but I am woefully under educated on that front.

I had originally planned to go with Hallowed Knights, but I'm excited to try and think up my own stormhosts with it's own heroes and legends.

I think I might try to base my stormhost's fluff on some elements of ancient chinese culture but I need an idea for a name for the stormhost (please help!!)

20180701_222517.jpg

20180701_222445.jpg

20180701_222426.jpg

20180701_225021.jpg

It keeps rolling on, but:

• Finish details on 5 drakespawn 
  • Finish at least 5 knights 
  • Finish the chariot

If I can, I really would like to complete all 15 knights so I can finally move on to a hydra or dragon. 

Modelling wise, I will also be converting the free Sequitor to a Lord Ordinator (trying), assembling a Knight Incantor and two Celestar Ballista. I'll help my son with getting some layers on all of the Stormcast. I'll also finish my dragonlord conversion. 

I have some other 'distraction' models like bolt throwers, a sorceress and a drakespawn sorceress that I'm sure I'll end up messing around with even though I shouldn't! 

Archived