New Ironjawz Player Needs Advices

Deathseller

Hi guys!  i am a new ironjawz player from China, got few questions about how to build my ironjawz army and which battalions should i use. Now i only have two start clollecting packs, since my budget is limited and the models here in China are pretty expensive, now i am trying to bulid a 1000 points list first. As far as i know, those ironjawz players  in China, they love the gorefist so much! i can barely see any other battalions here, but i would love to have my army more varied, so i am here to ask for more advices about army list and battalions, i hope i do not cause any trouble here, this is my first topic and please pardon my English, thanks for reading these, wish you guys a great victory in battle!

PS: i may not reply in time due to the time difference, sorry for that~

1 hour ago, Deathseller said:

Hi guys!  i am a new ironjawz player from China, got few questions about how to build my ironjawz army and which battalions should i use. Now i only have two start clollecting packs, since my budget is limited and the models here in China are pretty expensive, now i am trying to bulid a 1000 points list first. As far as i know, those ironjawz players  in China, they love the gorefist so much! i can barely see any other battalions here, but i would love to have my army more varied, so i am here to ask for more advices about army list and battalions, i hope i do not cause any trouble here, this is my first topic and please pardon my English, thanks for reading these, wish you guys a great victory in battle!

PS: i may not reply in time due to the time difference, sorry for that~

Firstly welcome man! Good to have another Ironjawz brother join. The start collecting box is a great way to begin as it gives you (what I think is a very important model) the warchanter and 20 Ardboys

Going into AoS 2 I think Ironjawz are in a good position. They have a number of good options battalion wise going forward. I personally like the weirdfist and Ironfist but others have different views. 

I would look to add some Brutes to your army and a Weirdnob Shaman. The good thing about Ironjawz is that everything in the army serves a purpose. You can’t really go wrong with anything.

With Ironjawz in the 2nd edition I feel that it’s all about doing as much damage as quickly as possible, hurting the enemy in turns 1-3 then holding off till the endgame. With our movement and spells (Cogs) we should be able to achieve turn one/two charges on all our units. With the buffs we can give them using command abilities we should be able to chew through anything.

The danger with Ironjawz is getting bogged down. You may think these guys have massive staying power, however, with relatively low bravery and a low model count every loss counts (although this has been slightly countered with abilities). Manoeuvre your army wisely and pick the correct fights. 

A great person to speak to regarding Ironjawz is @Chris Tomlin I’m just a noob when it comes to Ironjawz, he is a true Megaboss.

19 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

Firstly welcome man! Good to have another Ironjawz brother join. The start collecting box is a great way to begin as it gives you (what I think is a very important model) the warchanter and 20 Ardboys

Going into AoS 2 I think Ironjawz are in a good position. They have a number of good options battalion wise going forward. I personally like the weirdfist and Ironfist but others have different views. 

I would look to add some Brutes to your army and a Weirdnob Shaman. The good thing about Ironjawz is that everything in the army serves a purpose. You can’t really go wrong with anything.

With Ironjawz in the 2nd edition I feel that it’s all about doing as much damage as quickly as possible, hurting the enemy in turns 1-3 then holding off till the endgame. With our movement and spells (Cogs) we should be able to achieve turn one/two charges on all our units. With the buffs we can give them using command abilities we should be able to chew through anything.

The danger with Ironjawz is getting bogged down. You may think these guys have massive staying power, however, with relatively low bravery and a low model count every loss counts (although this has been slightly countered with abilities). Manoeuvre your army wisely and pick the correct fights. 

A great person to speak to regarding Ironjawz is @Chris Tomlin I’m just a noob when it comes to Ironjawz, he is a true Megaboss.

Thanks a million man! Brutes and Weirdnob Shanman, noted! I am also thinking add a megaboss on foot in my army too. Here is another concern, in the battle, if i choose the gorefist battalion, in my hero phase, my Gore-gruntas can move 15, this is quiete a long distance, i am afraid my other units may not be able to keep up with them, so is that means my gore-gruntas may have to face the whole enemy armies alone? How to deal with this?

First of all welcome,

you have most of the ironjawz stuff already as range is so small, so experiment with what you have and then add units to your armies one at a time to see the effects and synergies they have. I’d start with the weirdnob shaman as you MUST have magic to be competitive from what I’ve seen, but the brutes are quite cool as well and are a solid choice. The problem with ironjawz is that outside of start collecting all their stuff gets really expensive money wise as all their basic units are £30 or more (I don’t know what that is in Chinese currency) and it seems like it will be even more there. You have a good shell of an army so go slow with your purchases and get stuff slow so you don’t have too much painting and you can see the effects well. Then eventually you can think about allies and stuff but I’d get the ironjawz down first

welcome to ironjawz

23 hours ago, Tip4Tap said:

Warchanter, 10 Ardboys and 3 Gore Gruntas. But yeah, it's still a great starting point.

4 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Warchanter, 10 Ardboys and 3 Gore Gruntas. But yeah, it's still a great starting point.

He’s got 2 start collecting boxes. So 20 Ardboys, 2 warchanters and 6 Gore Gruntas. Which is a great starting point.

Archived