Ale Guzzler Gargants! converted as Morghast Archai

Heya, completely new here... 

looking for Advice...?

A disclaimer before i start, this army will be played in friendly games with mates...not GW tournaments, so please try and give me some freedom from nerd rage if what i'm suggesting isn't AoS canon ?

I'm starting a death Army and i'm using tomb kings skeletons as my base(will incorporate more newer models as i go) as i don't want to waste em.

Now i'm going to be running a "Game of thrones -White Walkers" style theme of all kinds of undead being raised for the army not just skellies....

i have an idea of grabbing some easy to build retributors and converting them up into Morghast Archai raised up on a icy ruined rubble base with some undead type wings and a skull where their helms are,i'll be trimming the hammer ends off and plasti-carding a suitable halberd blade. and making the armor look suitably shabby and dented and rusted...

Just looking for any ideas on parts etc that might be suitable? and yes since i don't know the AoS fluff ...would sigmarite lads be able to be turned or are they Ultramarines that could never be broken ?

Cheers MB  

Fluff wise no as Stormcast bodies disappear in a flash of lightning when they die, returning them to Azyr to be reforged and come back again. But fluff aside Stormcast are much too small to be Morghast. Check out this pic (not mine) for a size comparison

That being said, this is your hobby so you do you. The concept sounds visually cool. Others have done undead versions of Stormcast ad made some great models so go for it.

I did some conversion with stormcast to spirit hosts (living armors). if you want to have a flying pose then I would suggest the prosecutors, as the are already flowing in the air. there is (was?) a starterbox containing a few of them with normal liberators and one or two heroes.

Screenshot_20180627-082709_Instagram.jpg

7 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

Thanks for the replies and the pics...

@Wolfman... oh dear they are a wee bit small for that idea...perhaps i might use em as Crypt horrors ?

cheers Guys, MB

That could work. I'll eventually use some Prosecutors (the winged Stormcast guys) as Vargheists in my Soulblight (vampire) army.

• ManyBothans changed the title to Ale Guzzler Gargants! converted as Morghast Archai

After seeing that modelwise and Fluffwise... Sigmarite units were not going to work i looked for alternate idea's for my Counts as Morghast's...

Ale Guzzler Gargants.... as Undead "white walker" Giants, here is some WiP of my first one,he's getting armor and a leather jerkin cause i hated the pot belly look¬¬  he still need some furs etc and his usual bald head(not seen) will need  some Advanced  hair Treatment  and a beard... 

med_gallery_9146_6928_466799.jpg  med_gallery_9146_6928_427178.jpgmed_gallery_9146_6928_390849.jpg

Cheers MB

12 minutes ago, Swooper said:

That is some fancy greenstuff work. How are you making the seams? Is that some kind of wire? And is the scale mail made of plasticard?

@Swooper

heya, thanks for looking, the seams are indeed wire,its a spool of thin brass wire i found years ago(you can actually see it in the box to the right of the pic's) i trim a bit off  to make a small staple and super glue it into the holes that i pre pressed into the GS when making the leather, the scale mail is indeed plasticard, i'll be hand painting all those parts before spraying a rattle can undercoat(it will melt it if i don't)

cheers MB  

Huh, spray paint melts plasticard? Good to know. I knew it did that to styrofoam, I thought plasticard was sturdier...

Will definitely keep an eye on this project, looking forward to seeing this painted (no pressure)!

1 minute ago, Swooper said:

looking forward to seeing this painted (no pressure)!

Me too bud me too...the Model's been waiting years to be used and now finally that i'm Starting AoS his calling has been heard ...

just got to find a 60mm "Round" base for him and probably a whole pot of Valhallan blizzard :P

Cheers MB 

Archived