Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Recommended Posts

That terrain piece really takes “castling” up to the next level, if thunderquake playstyle is still a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr Ben said:

So we can garrison 2 bastiladons? 

As of now, yeah - Plus a starpriest.

2+ ignore rend with -1 to hit, possibly -2 with priest spell, possibly -3 with Geminids. 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 9:23 AM, michu said:

I think that's first time it's not 20 or more models.

Bonesplitterz bonus' are for 15 or more models.  Glad they're introducing this lower threshold, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kasper said:

As of now, yeah - Plus a starpriest.

2+ ignore rend with -1 to hit, possibly -2 with priest spell, possibly -3 with Geminids. 😅

Bastiladons can't get the cover bonus from being garrisoned. They are monsters.

But yes, you could still Garrison them for the -1 to hit and basically turn the pyramid into a pill box turret! Haha

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kasper said:

As of now, yeah - Plus a starpriest.

2+ ignore rend with -1 to hit, possibly -2 with priest spell, possibly -3 with Geminids. 😅

im not really sure, de spelling seems to let you think that with the "if one of them is a wizard..."  but for now core rules state that only one unit can be garrison in a terrain at the same time so i have my doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if one could get ahold of a starclaw strikehost relatively affordably that’s probably a good buy right now?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else thinks that ‘Sacred Asterisms’ (shown in the Warhammer Community post) will just be the slann’s old ‘Celestial Configuration’ ability, getting rid of that old ability?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems it as there's three and one is just the 1/2 roll of that. I guess it'll be kinda nice to always have one of them for sure. though I kinda wonder if the reroll 1's will still be the third. Else that's my Guard potentially hitting on 2's rr 1's with whatever the rest of their attacks and profile now looks like. Not too shabby. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Bastiladons can't get the cover bonus from being garrisoned. They are monsters.

But yes, you could still Garrison them for the -1 to hit and basically turn the pyramid into a pill box turret! Haha

Yeah that might be true. I'm not 100% familiar with the Garrison rules as I've never actually played with it, but the rules just said "a garrisoning unit counts as being in cover", so I'm not certain if the normal requirements for cover apply to this, or if garrisoning a terrain piece just gives you blanket +1 because "it counts as", no matter if the unit is a monster or not. :) 

12 hours ago, Bululu said:

im not really sure, de spelling seems to let you think that with the "if one of them is a wizard..."  but for now core rules state that only one unit can be garrison in a terrain at the same time so i have my doubts.

Yeah the article seemed to hint at multiple models. Otherwise I'm not sure why there is even a cap of 20 wounds? Even a Dread Saurian has less as is. The KO and garrison of ships allow them to have multiple models inside too.

Edited by Kasper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
Just now, Kasper said:

Yeah that might be true. I'm not 100% familiar with the Garrison rules as I've never actually played with it, but the rules just said "a garrisoning unit counts as being in cover", so I'm not certain if the normal requirements for cover apply to this, or if garrisoning a terrain piece just gives you blanket +1 because "it counts as", no matter if the unit is a monster or not. :) 

Yeah the article seemed to hint at multiple models. Otherwise I'm not sure why there is even a cap of 20 wounds? Even a Dread Saurian has less as is. The KO and garrison of ships allow them to have multiple models inside too.

Multiple models is no problem i mean multiple units, as for now stegadons are single model units so that its why i doubt you can get 2 inside, but nothing prevents you from gettin a unit of 20 skinks in. The wound limit would prevent you from getting lets say a unit of 40 saurus warriors in it. But yes i agree that the text hints you for multiple unit as i dont know for now any unit that has a wizard on it on seraphon ( a unit that consists of more than 1 model i mean).

Edited by Bululu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Multiple models is no problem i mean multiple units, as for now stegadons are single model units so that its why i doubt you can get 2 inside, but nothing prevents you from gettin a unit of 20 skinks in. The wound limit would prevent you from getting lets say a unit of 40 saurus warriors in it. But yes i agree that the text hints you for multiple unit as i dont know for now any unit that has a wizard on it on seraphon ( a unit that consists of more than 1 model i mean).

Woops, I meant units and not models in my previous post. :) But yeah exactly, afaik there's no unit consisting of multiple models with a wizard or priest, so their article describing that "if one of those models is a wizard or a priest" seems kinda redundant. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bululu said:

im not really sure, de spelling seems to let you think that with the "if one of them is a wizard..."  but for now core rules state that only one unit can be garrison in a terrain at the same time so i have my doubts.

Which part of the Core Rules makes you think that only one unit can garrison? There's no inherent restriction in the Garrison rules, and there are examples where multiple units are clearly implied, such as in the Siege Command Abilities Demolition Charges - "Roll a dice for each enemy unit garrisoning that terrain feature." - and Boiling Oil - "pick a terrain feature that is garrisoned by a friendly HERO and at least five other friendly models." (both p. 295)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KO garrison rules seem to be different from the terrains rules. The pyramid is hard capped at 20 wounds whereas the KO stuff is based on model count and changes per ship so you cant really compare rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may have been mentioned but did anyone notice the potential of the dread saurian in a coalesced army? reducing damage by 1 and giving it an extra flat 6 damage bit seems pretty good. not sure if it makes it worth bringing but maybe a consideration 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starpriests generate CP on 5+

Starseers generate CP on 4+

Oracle on Troglodon is a wizard and has Comets Call

Skink Chief on Stegadon is a warscroll and has a command ability to give a SKINK unit +1 attack in combat (this is gonna be insane on terradons and ripperdactyls)

Thunder Lizards has a command ability to let you shoot again with a bastiladon or use a cosmic engine twice with EOTG

I'm really really liking the look of Seraphon 2.0 so far!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

GW is at it again.

 

88151595_1276437852553005_3202749244247113728_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_oc=AQmcTg4-YUQrSuLNdhZOdNliEZf8FTD9erEYDQLCoVK14NRC00Jf3h2QTkhQh7q8e8c&_nc_ht=scontent-frt3-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=bb6b5a0dfb965ca903f54c21d346079e&oe=5E83C94C

Edited by michu
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I would imagine this is fun for a couple of games, then you sit around with a load of models that wont serve any use afterwards 

Haha true. I have 5 stegadons/EoTGs right now..... 3 bastiladons… 2 carnosaurs… 2 more carno/trogs unbuilt.... so I hope to be able to be able to field a fun monster mash list!

And then after a few games... play some serious lists. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Kasper said:

Yeah that might be true. I'm not 100% familiar with the Garrison rules as I've never actually played with it, but the rules just said "a garrisoning unit counts as being in cover", so I'm not certain if the normal requirements for cover apply to this, or if garrisoning a terrain piece just gives you blanket +1 because "it counts as", no matter if the unit is a monster or not. :) 

"Counts as being in cover" still means you follow the rules for cover, and monsters and war machines with eight or more wounds can never claim the cover bonus. As amusing as it would be, the pyramid isn't allowing 2+ save Bastiladons; you still get the -1 to-hit penalty though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, Kadeton said:

Which part of the Core Rules makes you think that only one unit can garrison? There's no inherent restriction in the Garrison rules, and there are examples where multiple units are clearly implied, such as in the Siege Command Abilities Demolition Charges - "Roll a dice for each enemy unit garrisoning that terrain feature." - and Boiling Oil - "pick a terrain feature that is garrisoned by a friendly HERO and at least five other friendly models." (both p. 295)

Yes, you might be right i treated the rules on core book  as single unit because they were written as  "a unit can garrison a terrain feature" and i implied that "a unit" as "a single unit" wich i probably did wrong.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...