AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

6 hours ago, Kasper said:

Wonder if the China situation has an effect on the release. The pyramid is surely made there, so wonder if a release would be postponed due to a production delay? :( 

Pretty sure we saw the shipping manifest for that months ago. It's more likely that they just don't do strong releases in the third week of the month.

4 minutes ago, plavski said:

Pretty sure we saw the shipping manifest for that months ago. It's more likely that they just don't do strong releases in the third week of the month.

Yeah I completely forgot about that. I'm surprised they don't tease just a little bit - Just some info in regards to the new lore etc. Just something! :D 

The most conservative estimates are 'sub-allegiances for each type', so Skink focused, Saurus focused, Monster focused, Slann focused etc. Basically, the existing battalions in allegiance form. That's the most low effort way they could do things, but I'd be shocked if we didn't get that as a baseline. I would expect a change to the way summoning works - having your new book rely on a Finecast centerpiece is not a good look these days. But no-one knows anything for sure. Thankfully, the wait won't be long now.

Edited by plavski
  • Like 1

Is it going to be around adepticon does everyone think ?  I’m ready to leave my stormcast and go back to the lizards they were my first warhammer army and the whole reason I got into the hobby. 

I just don’t want to start buying without reading the book so I don’t go from one army in a rough situation to a new that isn’t much of an improvement. 

5 hours ago, Sol-Rek said:

For the summoning allegiance ability, can you get summoning points from non-general casters? And can you cast the summoning spells from them?

Nope. Just the Slann or Kroak when they are your General.

You can get:

1 pt for a Slann being your general
3 pts per spell you don't cast from that general (can be boosted by Balewind and Cogs)
D3 from Astrolith Bearer

So the absolute most you could get would be with Kroak + Balewind + Cogs + Bearer = 19 max turn 1 and then 22 every turn after that... and that's if EVERYTHING went perfectly.

So you would spend 450 (Kroak), 40 (balewind), 80 (cogs), 160 (bearer), and 80 (skink priest) to be able to rack up 107 summoning points thru 5 turns.... aka 170 skinks...

So you spend 800 pts to summon 1200 pts.

A "free" 400 pts of models... but you have to give up all your spells.

Not nearly as good as Slaanesh, every Death faction, etc.

I tend to just use the basic Slann and Balewind. Its enough to get about 20 skinks per turn.

Conjuration Points is correct as above. Also note that a lonely Astrolith Bearer generate D3 points even if your Slann general dies. The summoning point is measured from either the Slann general or the Astrolith Bearer, so if your Slann general dies and you still have your Astrolith Bearer you can still summon using your remaining points.

• Like 1

Your basic Slann has no unique spells really worth casting unless you are going up against Chaos Daemons. He is the popular choice for the summoning battery. Kroak actually has some magic that can be worth while, also some hilarious interactions with Balewind and Great Rememberer, turning him into a strike and fade mortal wounds tornado frog skeleton of death :)

Edited by Sesom

de6e97ef.jpg

The top of the pyramid is dominated by a floating orb of power, surrounded by crackling arcs of energy holding aloft a ring of carved stone. Each side of this piece is reversible, so you can choose to build it as a fresh, clean ziggurat, or one that has begun the process of manifesting the jungle that will eventually surround and reclaim it. 

You can garrison this pyramid with your Seraphon – a Wizard or Priest is able to activate the dread device to whip the surrounding terrain features into violent life. It’s a really thematic and entertaining ability that you’ll love unleashing on the tabletop.

48 minutes ago, Fellman said:

7w hero that is mor then most my be saurus is 2w now

He always had 7 wounds though. He gained + 1 save and slightly better weapon profiles, lost 2 bravery and the ignore -1 rend ability. Command ability is changed.  Daemon keyword is gone.

Based on that, I expect shields will be a flat +1 save armywide, and Saurus units will get slightly better attack profiles. As well as the entire army being mortal instead of daemons, thus the bravery drop.

I can't imagine they'll give Saurus Warriors 2 wounds with their current, scrawny goblin arms sculpts. Saurus Guard maybe.

The terrain piece sounds borderline useless, but we'll see.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fellman said:

7w hero that is mor then most my be saurus is 2w now

What are you talking about old blood was already 7 wounds it didnt increase.

Also not being daemons might mean no more summoning 🤔

I'm glad they aren't sticking with the deamon thing. They really feel more like actual creatures rather than deamons anyway. I'm also tired of every army being immune to battleshock at baseline or LD 10. This is an easy one for them to streamline. 

I'm guessing Saurus go to a 4+ save, but don't get 2 wounds. Temple Guard seem likely to get 2 wounds....

That oldblood is not very useful. Bad in combat, and the command ability isn't strong enough to save a bad warscroll. at about 80 points he'd be fine, but i'm guessing he'll be more like 100. Still playable in the right battalion though depending.

That start collecting skinks is huge value. Those are all models you'd want to have a few of, and skinks are currently great. We'll see how it pans out with the new book, but as is, thats already a huge win.

18 minutes ago, Ivo said:

What are you talking about old blood was already 7 wounds it didnt increase.

Also not being daemons might mean no more summoning 🤔

Sorry mised that they alredy are 7w most combat heros are 5-6w

Im Hopefull that sumuning remains ass long ass you do not coalest 

19 minutes ago, Frowny said:

I'm glad they aren't sticking with the deamon thing. They really feel more like actual creatures rather than deamons anyway. I'm also tired of every army being immune to battleshock at baseline or LD 10. This is an easy one for them to streamline. 

I'm guessing Saurus go to a 4+ save, but don't get 2 wounds. Temple Guard seem likely to get 2 wounds....

That oldblood is not very useful. Bad in combat, and the command ability isn't strong enough to save a bad warscroll. at about 80 points he'd be fine, but i'm guessing he'll be more like 100. Still playable in the right battalion though depending.

That start collecting skinks is huge value. Those are all models you'd want to have a few of, and skinks are currently great. We'll see how it pans out with the new book, but as is, thats already a huge win.

How can you tell what command ability he has? They tend to update them with a new tome. From what I can tell, he has a passive ability that gives him an extra attack on unmodified 6.

Pretty sure summoning is still around - On the warscrolls it says “1 CCP” and “5 CCP”.

I find it funny they make a brand new start collecting, but choose to include 12 skinks. I know the other boxes are wrong too like getting 8 knights etc., but this is a completely new box. I guess it is due to how the sprues are. Its really annoying to me that you buy a box and it has too many models instead of the correct number for a unit.