Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Recommended Posts

Fair enough I wrote it incorrectly by it gives us a chance to do up to 6 damage instead of 3, was mainly checking we can apply it to something as big as a Carnosaurus and not just the warriors and guards etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Fair enough I wrote it incorrectly by it gives us a chance to do up to 6 damage instead of 3, was mainly checking we can apply it to something as big as a Carnosaurus and not just the warriors and guards etc

Yup it would make it 6.  It can be used on the carnosaur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! Quick question! What do y’all fill out your thunderquake lists with? I like my core of engine and x2 bastilladons. I ran it with x6 Kroxigors today and they preformed pretty well vs mass sequitor SCE. I know it’s not their best matchup, but it also made it really hard to gauge if they’re worth their 320 points. What do y’all run thunderquake wise and why? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scrags said:

Hey all! Quick question! What do y’all fill out your thunderquake lists with? I like my core of engine and x2 bastilladons. I ran it with x6 Kroxigors today and they preformed pretty well vs mass sequitor SCE. I know it’s not their best matchup, but it also made it really hard to gauge if they’re worth their 320 points. What do y’all run thunderquake wise and why? :)

I usually run
Slann
2x EoTG
Astrolith
Starpriest
3x 10 skinks
4x Razordons + Handlers
2x Bastiladons
Thunderquake

I try to summon in my skink waves via the EoTG and Summoning points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, chord said:

Yup it would make it 6.  It can be used on the carnosaur

Bring 5 Starpriests and make every wound6+ deal double double double double double = 96 damage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to start a Seraphon army based on the new battleforce box. Is it a good deal? All of the box can be played with more or less success?

 

And... What can I do to have Slanns without being finecast/metal? I mean, alternative (plastic) models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

And... What can I do to have Slanns without being finecast/metal? I mean, alternative (plastic) models.

Great question!!  I don't want metal or finecast either.  I find it crazy that to have effective summoning we need a slann while other factions don't need a particular model tax.  GW give us a nice plastic one at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

I would like to start a Seraphon army based on the new battleforce box. Is it a good deal? All of the box can be played with more or less success?

Having got a battleforce box of Seraphon for Christmas, I'm in the same boat as yourself. I think the box can be very successful but it will need to be added to. At the moment, my plans are to have an army based around the Shadowstrike Battalion so I can use the Skinks and drop the Ripperdactyls on something. I'm then thinking about running some Saurus Knights or Warriors to give the army some punch. It's something I'll have to experiment with but it looks like it'll fit my playstyle (sneaky stuff and then a big slap to the face).

18 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

And... What can I do to have Slanns without being finecast/metal? I mean, alternative (plastic) models.

My plan at the moment is to use my old Slann and strip it (it's metal) but for the future I'm thinking about converting something up. My thoughts are the Slann are able to distill a portion of their spirit into a temporary body which are used in situations where they need to go outside of their chambers. This temporary body can be anything and is all based upon their personalities when they aren't looking at the big picture (think a little bit like Father and the Homunculus from Full Metal Alchemist). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chord said:

Great question!!  I don't want metal or finecast either.  I find it crazy that to have effective summoning we need a slann while other factions don't need a particular model tax.  GW give us a nice plastic one at least.

Maybe cobble together stuff from the EOTG+Bastilodon and have a Stone Crystal Robot Slaan!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wrong topic

Edited by sorokyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i Have a pretty big event coming up and thinking of running seraphon. I have been looking at potential list ideas over at lustria online and see alot of thunderquakes. I dont see this as effective due to struggling on objectives. Like if scorched earth came up it would struggle. Am I wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

So i Have a pretty big event coming up and thinking of running seraphon. I have been looking at potential list ideas over at lustria online and see alot of thunderquakes. I dont see this as effective due to struggling on objectives. Like if scorched earth came up it would struggle. Am I wrong

Thunderquake plays objectives by blasting opponents off them. It's a reactive control playstyle - let your opponent do something, then counter them. Focus on disabling your opponents key units and winning objectives on turns 2-5.

Scorched Earth was a problem before they changed it so you could only start burning objectives on turn 2. The power of Thunderquake comes from the Seraphon teleport giving you access to the entire map - if your enemy leaves their objectives you can just teleport on top of them, and if they leave a small unit to defend you can teleport a Stegadon and wipe it out. They have to engage you or lose the game, and that puts them in range of your devastating 12" artillery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The local Games Workshop is starting a Slow Grow League and as I only have a Seraphon Start Collecting box at my disposal, I used a tutorial to build a Scar-Vet on Cold One, a Sunblood, and a Skink Priest. Oh, I forgot a bought a Skink Starpriest off a local gamer. The first games are 500 points. Here is the list I came up with and I'd appreciate input on it, particularly which Leader should be the General and what Artefact to take.

LEADERS
Saurus Sunblood (120)
Skink Starpriest (80)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)

UNITS
5x Saurus Knights (90) - Lances
10x Saurus Warriors (100) - Clubs

TOTAL: 490/500
WOUNDS: 38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilhelm Stürmer If you have a start collecting I would take the Scarvet on carno with the knights and warriors. Even in 1000 point games the carno is INSANE. The command ability would be really good too.

 

You could do something like:

Scar-vet on carno (240)

5x Saurus Knights (90) - Lances

5x Saurus Knights (90) - Lances

Skink Starpriest (80)

 

500/500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been messing around with some shooting list for seraphon. Has anyone tried allying in celesta ballista? Seraphon have some nice options and all but I am looking for an excuse to use 400 points of allies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Future said:

@Wilhelm Stürmer If you have a start collecting I would take the Scarvet on carno with the knights and warriors. Even in 1000 point games the carno is INSANE. The command ability would be really good too.

 

You could do something like:

Scar-vet on carno (240)

5x Saurus Knights (90) - Lances

5x Saurus Knights (90) - Lances

Skink Starpriest (80)

 

500/500

I appreciate the input, however, the Start Collecting box only has bits for 7 Knights. That list does look fun, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wilhelm Stürmer

Ahh my mistake. In that case maybe save the carno for the point bump :) and drop it in whole sale at 750 points with your current list. It will still be great at that point too.

 

For the current list I would say general might not matter. Artifact choices are heavily dictated by local metas. Light of Dracothion on the starpriest can be good depending on what kind of casters you expect.

 

Incandescent Rectrices is a safe bet. If you are going to lead from the front with the scar-vet on cold one you could survive an extra battle round with some decent rolls.

 

Edit:

Just reread the command traits and stick to my last comment -- general doesn't really matter. However, with so few models some more beef on the scar vet could be good. Its really all opinion as I don't think any of the skink/saurus command traits are great .Slann really steal the show (and are basically required) for seraphon atm.

Edited by Future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a team event, what do you guys think of heavy summoning? My teammate is planning on bringing a lot of bodies (Gitz or Fyreslayers),  so I was thinking something like:

Slann
EotG
EotG

Skinks
Skinks
Skinks

Balewind
Cogs

Just going super heavy on summoning - so while my teammate takes the board early, I move up the Engines for MWs and free stuff while racking up Summoning Points behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

14 hours ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

I appreciate the input, however, the Start Collecting box only has bits for 7 Knights. That list does look fun, though.

8.  Such that if you were to buy a second box, you'd have 3 units of 5 plus 1 spare.  Many people convert the 16th into a "Saurus Old Blood on Cold one".  I think it would be safe to do that with one of your extras as you're probably always going to have an odd number

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Requizen said:

For a team event, what do you guys think of heavy summoning? My teammate is planning on bringing a lot of bodies (Gitz or Fyreslayers),  so I was thinking something like:

Slann
EotG
EotG

Skinks
Skinks
Skinks

Balewind
Cogs

Just going super heavy on summoning - so while my teammate takes the board early, I move up the Engines for MWs and free stuff while racking up Summoning Points behind.

I think you want the astrolith bearer for d3 points, +1 to casting, and the reroll hits buff. 

The EOTG does not really summon that much stuff. about a 1 in 3 chance to summon. something each turn. so in 3 turns, you'll get a couple of summons, on average.  What are you wantitng to summon... skinks? your partner brought the bodies.  units of 20 skins won't do much.  terradon riders could be useful. 

I would try 1 eotg, then add a starpriest (to cast cogs for the slann), then perhaps add some punch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

I think you want the astrolith bearer for d3 points, +1 to casting, and the reroll hits buff. 

The EOTG does not really summon that much stuff. about a 1 in 3 chance to summon. something each turn. so in 3 turns, you'll get a couple of summons, on average.  What are you wantitng to summon... skinks? your partner brought the bodies.  units of 20 skins won't do much.  terradon riders could be useful. 

I would try 1 eotg, then add a starpriest (to cast cogs for the slann), then perhaps add some punch?

Good thoughts. EotG is 220 and Bearer + Starpriest = 240, but I'm down 20 points so it'll fit. Can't add anything else, though, but that's probably enough.

I think one EotG is worth it for the added damage and strong body in TPP/Duality. Probably won't give it an artifact for PoAP, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Why the EToG summoning chance is 1/3, do you consider the extra dice from being close to the slann?

You roll 4 dice and need 3 of them to equal 14... according to the spreadsheet  made that had  all 1296 outcomes, only in about 1/3rd of them did the top 3 dice equal or beat 14. 

Do you have math showing something different? 

I think people overestimate EotG It's solid for the points but i don't plan on getting a second one . Also take 5 wounds and summoning is gone. Pretty easy for someone to put 5 wounds on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

You roll 4 dice and need 3 of them to equal 14... according to the spreadsheet  made that had  all 1296 outcomes, only in about 1/3rd of them did the top 3 dice equal or beat 14. 

Do you have math showing something different? 

I think people overestimate EotG It's solid for the points but i don't plan on getting a second one . Also take 5 wounds and summoning is gone. Pretty easy for someone to put 5 wounds on it. 

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any math table currently. I just start my seraphon army and one of my friends playing seraphon for more than 1 year tell me that with 4 dices, he can just get everything he want. That's why I put the previous post. It seems he is just a lucky guy.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×