AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 9/22/2020 at 9:17 PM, SolomonHelsing said:

First up the eel list, at 8am on a sunday when I hadn't slept properly at all, not for lack of trying. It was Total Conquest, and he placed both boats in a right angle either side of a house to block me just moving out of my deployment area besides the back half of each side. Now it turns out he'd not known about the boats 1" from other scenery being over-ridden by the GHB 3" rule. I hadn't realised about this overhaul because obviously the seraphon one just has its own rules that don't get changed by that because it goes down first. I just couldn't get enough out to objectives to score. Plus the lack of sleep had mucked up my judgement on deployment so I could've done alot more in my first turn even if his eels in round 2 would've messed them about royally. He just got a warning from the TO for the boats error, but oh well. 

Man I can relate to this. It might be due to lack of experience against the eel list, but it is honestly such ass to play against. In general Im a big fan of people playing whatever they want, but mass eels just feels so stupid. Every single game is the exact same and it is incredible annoying to play against every single time. Playing against it when you feel tired is just so much worse. 

Sad to hear about your result overall but hope you at least had some fun against the chariot madness. 

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Man I can relate to this. It might be due to lack of experience against the eel list, but it is honestly such ass to play against. In general Im a big fan of people playing whatever they want, but mass eels just feels so stupid. Every single game is the exact same and it is incredible annoying to play against every single time. Playing against it when you feel tired is just so much worse. 

Sad to hear about your result overall but hope you at least had some fun against the chariot madness. 

Yeah wasn't inexperience, As the lists for this one were the same as the one I qualified in 3rd in with 3-0, so it was an exact rematch, just different scenario, and his mis-placement of the boats, if he'd placed them correctly I could've conga lined two units of knights in between the gaps to score objectives turn one, and then felt okay sending my carnosaur over a boat and some warriors to circle him from the flank, but because of his mis-placement I couldn't do that. and yeah just  being tired it really pissed me off I could barely move out of my deployment in a way I felt good about doing without loosing a useful unit early to the deep striking eel groups. Bit of a chain reaction into game 2 from those feelings. 

Yeah just going from 3-0 to 0-3 stung a bit. But I know it wasn't the list, just circumstances that were different to the first tournament. 

I've got all the models for that list almost besides the club warriors so i'm going to eventually get it all painted up, but still looking like zero actual games on the horizon for me till post-christmas I expect. 

Found out a Gotrek Competition is allowing TTS results, so I'm giving this a go I think. 

Spoiler

Giddy Up Gotrek

Allegiance: Seraphon
- Constellation: Koatl's Claw

Leaders
Slann Starmaster (260)
-
 Artefact: Itxi Grubs
- Spell: Stellar Tempest
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
-
 General
- War Spear
- Command Trait: Dominant Predator
- Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
Skink Starpriest (120)
-
 Spell: Hand of Glory
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
Gotrek Gurnisson (520)
-
 Allies

Battleline
10 x Saurus Knights (200)
-
 Lances
10 x Saurus Knights (200)
-
 Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
-
 Lances

Battalions
Firelance Temple-host (160)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 520 / 400
Wounds: 87

The Astrolith Bearer I'm unsure of, I possibly might replace it with either a Sunblood for the +1 wound and a better place for the Eviscerating Blade, or Starseer to get 18" charge from the Knights or Carnosaur back. If the Slann wasn't the only place I could get flight for both gotrek and seraphon from, then i'd likely try replacing it for both the starseer and sunblood, just i'd have to actually think about unbinding range for once haha. 

Edited by SolomonHelsing
  • Like 1

Hi guy i’m new to play seraphon and i see a faq about engine of the gods.

Now over engine of the gods there is also a skink priest, so it’s mean if i play it i Can also use the ability and command ability of the skink priest?

sorry for my bad english

On 9/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, Brino said:

Now over engine of the gods there is also a skink priest, so it’s mean if i play it i Can also use the ability and command ability of the skink priest?

sorry for my bad english

No you can only use the abilities on the warscroll. The Engine doesn't have a CA and therefore cannot use one (except the generic ones that all heroes can use).

On 9/27/2020 at 11:06 AM, Brino said:

sorry for my bad english

As @umpac explained, you cant use any ability associated with the Skink Priest.

The reason the model has been FAQ'd was because of artefacts/traits/mount specific buffs. Previously the Engine itself was considered the "rider" (like an Oldblood on Carnosaur) and the Skinks ontop were considered the "mount" due to how the warscroll was written.

The FAQ specificed that the Engine is now considered a mount because the rider is the Skink Priest. This means it will benefit from stuff like Prime Warbeast in Thunderlizard etc. This unfortunatenly means the Sacred Stegadon Helm wont buff the damage of the Engine/Stegadon. 

Edited by Kasper

Lord Kroak - MAXIMIZE Kroak's Range and Output

Do you field just a Solo Kroak or how much of the support pieces do you bring to maximize Lord Kroak on the battlefield of Age of Sigmar?

Kroak (320 pts) vs Kroak Power Tower (800 pts)

Lord Kroak (320)
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)

5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Guard (100)

Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 800 / 2000

One of the images from the video... check out that board coverage from Kroak! 10"+6"+6"

22.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Battle Report - SERAPHON vs GLOOMSPITE GITZ - Saurus Hordes take on Glogg's Megamob!

- Constellation: Koatl's Claw
Leaders
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (210)
- General
- War Spear
- Command Trait: Dominant Predator
- Artefact: Eviscerating Blade
Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (230)
Skink Starpriest (120)
- Spell: Hand of Glory
Lord Kroak (320)
- Spell: Stellar Tempest
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (140)
Battleline
10 x Saurus Knights (200)
- Lances
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
- Lances
40 x Saurus Warriors (320)
- Clubs
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
5 x Saurus Guard (100)
Balewind Vortex (40)
Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
Subfaction: Glogg's Megamob
Leaders
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Shepherd of Idiotic Destruction
- Artefact: Aetherquartz-studded Hide
Dankhold Troggboss (250)
- Artefact: Glowy Howzit
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (90)
- Lore of the Moonclans: The Hand of Gork
Battleline
9 x Rockgut Troggoths (420)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
6 x Rockgut Troggoths (280)
3 x Rockgut Troggoths (140)
Battalions
Stomping Megamob (160)
Scuttletide (30)
Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys i have a question about Fango of Sotek command trait. I have seen in a tournament list a guy that gave " nimble" to skink chief on stega general of fos list. The book says ypu "must" take "old and grizzled" command trait. Is something changed? Thx a lot!

Old and Grizzled is required if your General is a Saurus. So taking a Steggy as your general gets you out of that cmd trait!

• Like 1

Hi guys, i have a question about how to play my 40 skinks in FoS list. My question is: i build them melee ( hit on 3s buffed and 6s MW aftrr buff, but i cant shoot when i try to retreat them thx to fos command ability.... or i build them ranged, harder to hit melee, but i can benefit for 6s to wound MW in shooting phase too and when i try to retreat them i can shoot? Thx all;)

1 hour ago, Tizianolol said:

Hi guys, i have a question about how to play my 40 skinks in FoS list. My question is: i build them melee ( hit on 3s buffed and 6s MW aftrr buff, but i cant shoot when i try to retreat them thx to fos command ability.... or i build them ranged, harder to hit melee, but i can benefit for 6s to wound MW in shooting phase too and when i try to retreat them i can shoot? Thx all;)

I only play them as Boltspitters, Daggers, and Shields (purely just because that's how i've had them built for years)... but they tend to do fine in melee with the daggers. By the time i have shot the enemy unit in my turn (34" threat range turn 1), the enemy charges me and i shoot again, and then if i fail the retreat, the skinks do fine in combat with the daggers. Its all about fishing for the mortals anyway. 

Most of our buffs(+1 to hit, +1 save, mortals on 6s, rr1s, etc) last unit our next hero phase, so a melee build could be viable with a Skink Steggy Chief to give an extra attack... but it would be hard to give up the range of the boltspitters in a turn 1 alpha while playing Fangs.

• Like 1

Made a 2000 pt. list for Seraphon, Coalesced, Thunder Lizard. 

General: Stega w/ Skink Chief, Cloak of Feathers, Prime Warbeast, Sunfire throwers

Battleline: Saurus Guard x10, Skinks x 10 (javelins), Stegadon (skystreak bow)

Other: 3 units of Terradon Riders x3 (Javelins)

Thunderquake Temple-host: Engine of the Gods (fusil of conflagration), Salamander Hunting pack, Bastiladon (laser) Bastiladon (ark)

Comes out as 1,980 pts. I tend to play casual games, but I am hoping to win a bit more often. Terradons are for caps. Any suggestions?

5 hours ago, Sol-Rek said:

Made a 2000 pt. list for Seraphon, Coalesced, Thunder Lizard. 

General: Stega w/ Skink Chief, Cloak of Feathers, Prime Warbeast, Sunfire throwers

Battleline: Saurus Guard x10, Skinks x 10 (javelins), Stegadon (skystreak bow)

Other: 3 units of Terradon Riders x3 (Javelins)

Thunderquake Temple-host: Engine of the Gods (fusil of conflagration), Salamander Hunting pack, Bastiladon (laser) Bastiladon (ark)

Comes out as 1,980 pts. I tend to play casual games, but I am hoping to win a bit more often. Terradons are for caps. Any suggestions?

3 Stegadons.... You have chosen wisely! :)

Stegadons - I would always take the Skystreak Bow. So much utility in those 3 shots at 24" range doing 3 dmg each. Nasty! Every time i have tried to get the Flamethrowers to work, it just doesn't happen. Their super short 8" range for Flame Throwers is so hard to get consistent dmg out of and are ONLY useful against hordes. Since Stegadons are pretty slow, it can be hard to get the Flame Thrower in range. Usually if I'm in range for Flame Throwers, i wipe the horde in melee anyway.

Bastiladons - The Ark of Sotek is unfortunately pretty bad. Load both of them up with the Solar Engines so you can fire them twice in Shooting Phase (Thunderlizard).

Guard - Only take Guard for Slann protection. Warriors are cheaper and have more bodies. Knights will do more dmg. Guard are really just good at... Guarding.

Battalion - Put the Chief Steggy and normie Steggy into the battalion. They benefit WAY more from its abilities than Bastiladons do. A running/shooting/chargings Steggy Chief with Cloak of Feathers is terrifying! 19" move/run/charge is nice (barely flame thrower range turn 1)... but you should make the charge (5" charge with +1 from constelation)

WEAKNESS - You have no command point generation and Thunderlizard is HUNGRY for cmd pts. In your list, i would want to spend a min of FOUR cmd pts per turn (fire both bastiladons twice, EoTg twice, and Steggy cmd ab). So you might consider a Slann for cmd pt generation (and one heck of a support piece). A Slann would also help your EoTG fish for those higher results on the Cosmic Engine (summons).

Maybe something like this:

- Constellation: Thunder Lizard
Engine of the Gods (260)
- Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
Stegadon with Skink Chief (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
- Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
- Weapon: Skystreak Bow
Slann Starmaster (260)
10 x Skinks (60)
- Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
Stegadon (240)
Stegadon (240)
1 x Salamander Hunting Pack (110)
3 x Terradon Riders (90)
- Sunleech Bolas
3 x Terradon Riders (90)
- Sunleech Bolas
Bastiladon (220)
- Weapon: Solar Engine
Thunderquake Temple-host (150)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

Put the Stegadons in the battalion. Charge them upfield while Slann and EoTG summon bodies in the backfield (up to 20 warriors per turn if you are lucky). Bastiladon fires twice. Salamander and Terradons grabs objectives. Skinks screen your Slann until you get the Warrior factory going.

Lots of options in Thunderlizard! Its fun to put the big monsters on the table!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/24/2020 at 1:41 PM, Aleister said:

I think I would spend 10 of those 30 points, along with dropping your Skink Priest and Skink Starseer (or 20 points and drop one unit of 12 Salamanders), for a Slann.  I agree that putting their buffs on a unit of Salamanders is great, but I think you need the Slann along with Kroak for better CP generation - you want to be able to shoot twice with 2 Bastiladons and you also want to pass morale with your Salamanders.  I also second the recommendation for The Burning Head, gotta fit it in there somehow.

Drop a unit of 10 skinks and use that 60 pts along with your 30 pts and get a Unit of 5 Chameleon Skinks.

On 12/11/2020 at 7:48 PM, Calebexnihilo said:

3 Stegadons.... You have chosen wisely! :)

Stegadons - I would always take the Skystreak Bow. So much utility in those 3 shots at 24" range doing 3 dmg each. Nasty! Every time i have tried to get the Flamethrowers to work, it just doesn't happen. Their super short 8" range for Flame Throwers is so hard to get consistent dmg out of and are ONLY useful against hordes. Since Stegadons are pretty slow, it can be hard to get the Flame Thrower in range. Usually if I'm in range for Flame Throwers, i wipe the horde in melee anyway.

Bastiladons - The Ark of Sotek is unfortunately pretty bad. Load both of them up with the Solar Engines so you can fire them twice in Shooting Phase (Thunderlizard).

Guard - Only take Guard for Slann protection. Warriors are cheaper and have more bodies. Knights will do more dmg. Guard are really just good at... Guarding.

Battalion - Put the Chief Steggy and normie Steggy into the battalion. They benefit WAY more from its abilities than Bastiladons do. A running/shooting/chargings Steggy Chief with Cloak of Feathers is terrifying! 19" move/run/charge is nice (barely flame thrower range turn 1)... but you should make the charge (5" charge with +1 from constelation)

WEAKNESS - You have no command point generation and Thunderlizard is HUNGRY for cmd pts. In your list, i would want to spend a min of FOUR cmd pts per turn (fire both bastiladons twice, EoTg twice, and Steggy cmd ab). So you might consider a Slann for cmd pt generation (and one heck of a support piece). A Slann would also help your EoTG fish for those higher results on the Cosmic Engine (summons).

Maybe something like this:

- Constellation: Thunder Lizard
Engine of the Gods (260)
- Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
Stegadon with Skink Chief (250)
- General
- Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
- Artefact: Cloak of Feathers
Slann Starmaster (260)
10 x Skinks (60)
- Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
Stegadon (240)
Stegadon (240)
1 x Salamander Hunting Pack (110)
3 x Terradon Riders (90)
- Sunleech Bolas
3 x Terradon Riders (90)
- Sunleech Bolas
Bastiladon (220)
- Weapon: Solar Engine
Thunderquake Temple-host (150)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 93

Put the Stegadons in the battalion. Charge them upfield while Slann and EoTG summon bodies in the backfield (up to 20 warriors per turn if you are lucky). Bastiladon fires twice. Salamander and Terradons grabs objectives. Skinks screen your Slann until you get the Warrior factory going.

Lots of options in Thunderlizard! Its fun to put the big monsters on the table!

Hey Caleb, Would you get 4 shots with the Bow with the Prime Warbeast ability for the Stegadon with the Skink Chief on it? Also, I love your video's on the Seraphon Army in AOS. Cheers!

16 hours ago, Margawt said:

Hey Caleb, Would you get 4 shots with the Bow with the Prime Warbeast ability for the Stegadon with the Skink Chief on it? Also, I love your video's on the Seraphon Army in AOS. Cheers!

Thanks! :)

Yes, you get an extra shot on the Chief! The crew have the skystreak bow and they "are treated in the same manner as a mount" per the warscroll. The Prime Warbeast says to add 1 to the attacks of the weapons used by the mount. So it adds 1 to the bow as well.

Unfortunately i don't think there is any way to buff it any higher. Constellation and Thunderquake also both add attacks, but only in combat.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 7:44 PM, Calebexnihilo said:

Thanks! :)

Yes, you get an extra shot on the Chief! The crew have the skystreak bow and they "are treated in the same manner as a mount" per the warscroll. The Prime Warbeast says to add 1 to the attacks of the weapons used by the mount. So it adds 1 to the bow as well.

Unfortunately i don't think there is any way to buff it any higher. Constellation and Thunderquake also both add attacks, but only in combat.

I did not know that, interesting wording there that I overlooked. I'll definitely be trying that out in my next battle with my friend. I have to be more aggressive with my Stegadon's. I tend to hang them back near my objectives, so they can get shots off when I should proly be attacking with them to get the most out of their profile. I know you can shoot in combat but your kind of ingrained to thinking that a unit with bows or those types of weapons usually hang back and shoot while the infantry moves to take the heavy brunt of the fighting.  

Could the Skink Chief on Stegadon use his Command Ability on his model? The Command ability says that you can pick one friendly "Skink" unit wholly within 24" of a friendly Stegadon Hero with this Command ability. Until the end of that phase, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of Melee weapons used by that "Skink" unit. A unit can not benefit from this command ability more than once per phase. 

I was thinking "Yes" because the Chief's unit has the Skink Keyword in it. So, if the command ability would work, would that also increase all of the Stegadon's melee attacks as well as the Skink Chief's melee attacks or would it just affect the Chief because he is the Skink per se?

10 hours ago, Margawt said:

Could the Skink Chief on Stegadon use his Command Ability on his model? The Command ability says that you can pick one friendly "Skink" unit wholly within 24" of a friendly Stegadon Hero with this Command ability. Until the end of that phase, add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of Melee weapons used by that "Skink" unit. A unit can not benefit from this command ability more than once per phase. 

I was thinking "Yes" because the Chief's unit has the Skink Keyword in it. So, if the command ability would work, would that also increase all of the Stegadon's melee attacks as well as the Skink Chief's melee attacks or would it just affect the Chief because he is the Skink per se?

Yep! That adds +1 attacks for the entire model.

The synergies in Seraphon are what can make them so good! On first glance, the stegadon warscroll is ok.

BUT then you add :

+1 to mount attacks (Prime Warbeast)

+1 to all melee attacks (Constellation)

+1 to all melee attacks (Thunderquake)

+1 to jaw attacks (Coalesced)

+1 to all melee attacks (Cmd Ability)

All of the sudden you are doing ALOT of damage!

Spend another cmd point on reroll hits of 1 and maybe a +1 to hit from a skink priest and you can easily get 30+ damage against a 4+ save! Haha

• LOVE IT! 2

So I decided to make a joke seraphon 2000 pt casting list based around Kroaknado. Soooooo... here it is. Starborne, Dracothion's Tail.

Leaders:

General: Kroak (Spells: Mystical unforging, Stellar Tempest. CmdT: Ancient Knowledge. Artifact: Godbeast Pendant.)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer

Skink Oracle on Troggy (Spell: Fiery Convocation. Artifact: Cloak of Feathers.)

Slann (Spell: Celestial Equilibrium) x2

Skink Priest

Battleline:

Saurus Guard (x2)

Skinks (boltspitters and clubs)

Other:

Terradon Riders (Javelins)

Battalion:

Shadowstrike Starhost

Endless Spells:

Bound Balewind Vortex

Bound Chronomatic Cogs

1990/2000 pts

Yeah, 3 slann.

So here is my calculations for Kroak.

Kroak: Balewind Vortex, Chronomatic Cogs

Spells: 4+1+1, 6 total (Shield, Smite, Celestial Deliverance, Comet's Call, Mystical Unforging, Stellar Tempest)

Casting Bonus: +1 (Kroak), +1 (Astrolith), +2 (Celestial Equilibrium x2), +1 (Ancient Knowledge), +1 (Sacred Asterisms), 1 Reroll (Ancient Knowledge)

Range Bonus: +6" (Astrolith), +6" (Balewind)

Save: 4+ (base), 4+ feel no pain (all wounds, Dead for Innumerable Ages), +6 feel no pain (all wounds, Astrolith), Godbeast Pendant

I'm not entirely sure about the double Equilibrium, but dang. +5 to cast makes most spells automatic successes, and the others can get rerolled. The two slann will use Equilibrium and work toward summoning. The Troggy will skip jauntily around, using the deep strike and Lords of Space and Time to taunt the enemy and channel spells. The battalion is there merely for the Cloak of Feathers (and a bit of meat shielding).

If you want to help me make this into even more of a joke (at least, an OP joke) please let me know, I'd love to crush other players with magic might.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:28 PM, Sol-Rek said:

So I decided to make a joke seraphon 2000 pt casting list based around Kroaknado. Soooooo... here it is. Starborne, Dracothion's Tail.

Leaders:

General: Kroak (Spells: Mystical unforging, Stellar Tempest. CmdT: Ancient Knowledge. Artifact: Godbeast Pendant.)

Saurus Astrolith Bearer

Skink Oracle on Troggy (Spell: Fiery Convocation. Artifact: Cloak of Feathers.)

Slann (Spell: Celestial Equilibrium) x2

Skink Priest

Battleline:

Saurus Guard (x2)

Other:

Terradon Riders (Javelins)

Battalion:

Shadowstrike Starhost

Endless Spells:

Bound Balewind Vortex

Bound Chronomatic Cogs

1990/2000 pts

Yeah, 3 slann.

So here is my calculations for Kroak.

Kroak: Balewind Vortex, Chronomatic Cogs

Spells: 4+1+1, 6 total (Shield, Smite, Celestial Deliverance, Comet's Call, Mystical Unforging, Stellar Tempest)

Casting Bonus: +1 (Kroak), +1 (Astrolith), +2 (Celestial Equilibrium x2), +1 (Ancient Knowledge), +1 (Sacred Asterisms), 1 Reroll (Ancient Knowledge)

Range Bonus: +6" (Astrolith), +6" (Balewind)

Save: 4+ (base), 4+ feel no pain (all wounds, Dead for Innumerable Ages), +6 feel no pain (all wounds, Astrolith), Godbeast Pendant

I'm not entirely sure about the double Equilibrium, but dang. +5 to cast makes most spells automatic successes, and the others can get rerolled. The two slann will use Equilibrium and work toward summoning. The Troggy will skip jauntily around, using the deep strike and Lords of Space and Time to taunt the enemy and channel spells. The battalion is there merely for the Cloak of Feathers (and a bit of meat shielding).

If you want to help me make this into even more of a joke (at least, an OP joke) please let me know, I'd love to crush other players with magic might.

You can't give Kroak (a named hero) a command trait or artifact.

You also can't cast Celestial Equilibrium twice in the same turn.

I'd make one of the Slanns your general. Give him the Draco required cmd trait and artifact. Give the other Slann the Itxi Grubs artifact for another spell reroll... although you are probably right in giving the Trog the Cloak. He will be vital to keep alive for range extension.

Kroak could still be at +5 to cast (+1 natural, +1 Astrolith, +1 Balewind, +1 Equilibrium, +1 Constellation)

General Slann would be +3 to cast with a reroll (+1 Natural, +1 Astrolith, +1 Equilibrium)

Second Slann (the one who casts Equilibrium) would be +2 to cast with a reroll (+1 natural, +1 Astrolith)

It would be a magical domination list! I'm not sure it will quite put out enough damage to mitigate the lack of bodies.... but it would be FUN!

Khorne would be your nightmare matchup. Maybe Tzeench too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, Calebexnihilo said:

You can't give Kroak (a named hero) a command trait or artifact.

You also can't cast Celestial Equilibrium twice in the same turn.

I'd make one of the Slanns your general. Give him the Draco required cmd trait and artifact. Give the other Slann the Itxi Grubs artifact for another spell reroll... although you are probably right in giving the Trog the Cloak. He will be vital to keep alive for range extension.

Kroak could still be at +5 to cast (+1 natural, +1 Astrolith, +1 Balewind, +1 Equilibrium, +1 Constellation)

General Slann would be +3 to cast with a reroll (+1 Natural, +1 Astrolith, +1 Equilibrium)

Second Slann (the one who casts Equilibrium) would be +2 to cast with a reroll (+1 natural, +1 Astrolith)

It would be a magical domination list! I'm not sure it will quite put out enough damage to mitigate the lack of bodies.... but it would be FUN!

Khorne would be your nightmare matchup. Maybe Tzeench too.

The friend I usually play with plays khorne, so I guess I'll get a trial by fire, tho he doesn't lean into the anti-magic. Hopefully I can actually win a couple games... my current win/loss ratio is maybe 2/7...

• Like 2

• 2 months later...