AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

34 minutes ago, Kasper said:

As of now, yeah - Plus a starpriest.

2+ ignore rend with -1 to hit, possibly -2 with priest spell, possibly -3 with Geminids. 😅

Bastiladons can't get the cover bonus from being garrisoned. They are monsters.

But yes, you could still Garrison them for the -1 to hit and basically turn the pyramid into a pill box turret! Haha

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Kasper said:

As of now, yeah - Plus a starpriest.

2+ ignore rend with -1 to hit, possibly -2 with priest spell, possibly -3 with Geminids. 😅

im not really sure, de spelling seems to let you think that with the "if one of them is a wizard..."  but for now core rules state that only one unit can be garrison in a terrain at the same time so i have my doubts.

Seems it as there's three and one is just the 1/2 roll of that. I guess it'll be kinda nice to always have one of them for sure. though I kinda wonder if the reroll 1's will still be the third. Else that's my Guard potentially hitting on 2's rr 1's with whatever the rest of their attacks and profile now looks like. Not too shabby. 

12 hours ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Bastiladons can't get the cover bonus from being garrisoned. They are monsters.

But yes, you could still Garrison them for the -1 to hit and basically turn the pyramid into a pill box turret! Haha

Yeah that might be true. I'm not 100% familiar with the Garrison rules as I've never actually played with it, but the rules just said "a garrisoning unit counts as being in cover", so I'm not certain if the normal requirements for cover apply to this, or if garrisoning a terrain piece just gives you blanket +1 because "it counts as", no matter if the unit is a monster or not. :) 

12 hours ago, Bululu said:

im not really sure, de spelling seems to let you think that with the "if one of them is a wizard..."  but for now core rules state that only one unit can be garrison in a terrain at the same time so i have my doubts.

Yeah the article seemed to hint at multiple models. Otherwise I'm not sure why there is even a cap of 20 wounds? Even a Dread Saurian has less as is. The KO and garrison of ships allow them to have multiple models inside too.

Edited by Kasper

Just now, Kasper said:

Yeah that might be true. I'm not 100% familiar with the Garrison rules as I've never actually played with it, but the rules just said "a garrisoning unit counts as being in cover", so I'm not certain if the normal requirements for cover apply to this, or if garrisoning a terrain piece just gives you blanket +1 because "it counts as", no matter if the unit is a monster or not. :) 

Yeah the article seemed to hint at multiple models. Otherwise I'm not sure why there is even a cap of 20 wounds? Even a Dread Saurian has less as is. The KO and garrison of ships allow them to have multiple models inside too.

Multiple models is no problem i mean multiple units, as for now stegadons are single model units so that its why i doubt you can get 2 inside, but nothing prevents you from gettin a unit of 20 skinks in. The wound limit would prevent you from getting lets say a unit of 40 saurus warriors in it. But yes i agree that the text hints you for multiple unit as i dont know for now any unit that has a wizard on it on seraphon ( a unit that consists of more than 1 model i mean).

Edited by Bululu

4 minutes ago, Bululu said:

Multiple models is no problem i mean multiple units, as for now stegadons are single model units so that its why i doubt you can get 2 inside, but nothing prevents you from gettin a unit of 20 skinks in. The wound limit would prevent you from getting lets say a unit of 40 saurus warriors in it. But yes i agree that the text hints you for multiple unit as i dont know for now any unit that has a wizard on it on seraphon ( a unit that consists of more than 1 model i mean).

Woops, I meant units and not models in my previous post. :) But yeah exactly, afaik there's no unit consisting of multiple models with a wizard or priest, so their article describing that "if one of those models is a wizard or a priest" seems kinda redundant. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bululu said:

Which part of the Core Rules makes you think that only one unit can garrison? There's no inherent restriction in the Garrison rules, and there are examples where multiple units are clearly implied, such as in the Siege Command Abilities Demolition Charges - "Roll a dice for each enemy unit garrisoning that terrain feature." - and Boiling Oil - "pick a terrain feature that is garrisoned by a friendly HERO and at least five other friendly models." (both p. 295)

• Like 2

Starpriests generate CP on 5+

Starseers generate CP on 4+

Oracle on Troglodon is a wizard and has Comets Call

Skink Chief on Stegadon is a warscroll and has a command ability to give a SKINK unit +1 attack in combat (this is gonna be insane on terradons and ripperdactyls)

Thunder Lizards has a command ability to let you shoot again with a bastiladon or use a cosmic engine twice with EOTG

I'm really really liking the look of Seraphon 2.0 so far!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I would imagine this is fun for a couple of games, then you sit around with a load of models that wont serve any use afterwards 

Haha true. I have 5 stegadons/EoTGs right now..... 3 bastiladons… 2 carnosaurs… 2 more carno/trogs unbuilt.... so I hope to be able to be able to field a fun monster mash list!

And then after a few games... play some serious lists. ;)

18 hours ago, Kasper said:

"Counts as being in cover" still means you follow the rules for cover, and monsters and war machines with eight or more wounds can never claim the cover bonus. As amusing as it would be, the pyramid isn't allowing 2+ save Bastiladons; you still get the -1 to-hit penalty though! 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, Kadeton said:

Which part of the Core Rules makes you think that only one unit can garrison? There's no inherent restriction in the Garrison rules, and there are examples where multiple units are clearly implied, such as in the Siege Command Abilities Demolition Charges - "Roll a dice for each enemy unit garrisoning that terrain feature." - and Boiling Oil - "pick a terrain feature that is garrisoned by a friendly HERO and at least five other friendly models." (both p. 295)

Yes, you might be right i treated the rules on core book  as single unit because they were written as  "a unit can garrison a terrain feature" and i implied that "a unit" as "a single unit" wich i probably did wrong.

• Like 1