AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 1/29/2020 at 2:59 PM, 123lac said:

real living breathing seraphon instead of star daemons

Pretty much this.

I predict the tome having lore that makes it possible for your Seraphon to be starborn/living memories, but also "real" Seraphon that runs around in the mortal realms permamently. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

Pretty much this.

I predict the tome having lore that makes it possible for your Seraphon to be starborn/living memories, but also "real" Seraphon that runs around in the mortal realms permamently. 

and are birthed from spawning pools!

• Like 1

Double Gotrek Team GT last weekend!! Came in 2nd place (lost game 3 when one Gotrek failed a ton of saves to some Hearthguard).

Event: Texas Masters Team Shootout GT

Our Lists:

Allegiance: Seraphon
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Gotrek Gurnisson (520)
- Allies
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer
- Artefact: The Ragged Cloak
- Spell: Mystical Unforging
10 x Skinks (70)- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Allegiance: Idoneth Deepkin
Mortal Realm: Shyish
Enclave: Ionrach
Isharann Tidecaster (100)
- General
- Command Trait : Born From Agony 
- Artefact :  Coral Ring 
- Lore of the Deeps : Vorpal Maelstrom
Gotrek Gurnisson (520)
- Allies
10 x Namarti Thralls (130)
10 x Namarti Thralls (130)
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Balewind Vortex (40)
  • Like 2

Took this to Purple Sparkly Unicorns Event near Crewe this past weekend

Allegiance: Seraphon

Leaders
Gotrek Gurnisson (520)
- Allies
Slann Starmaster (260)
- General
- Trait: Great Rememberer
- Spell: Meteoric Convocation
Engine of the Gods (240)
Saurus Astrolith Bearer (160)
- Artefact: Wraithbow
Skink Starpriest (80)
- Spell: Stellar Tempest

Battleline
10 x Skinks (70)
- Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
10 x Skinks (70)
10 x Skinks (70)

Units
3 x Razordons (120)

Behemoths
Bastiladon (280)
- Weapon: Solar Engine

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Chronomantic Cogs (80)
Balewind Vortex (40)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 520 / 400
Wounds: 82

I ended up only playing 4 games after having a car accident in the morning.

But I managed a Win against Tzeentch first game where Gotrek took one side and the seraphon took down the other more daemon heavy flank on Scorched Earth.

Then my Second Game was Shootcast with 12 Raptors and 15 Castigators, Now I'd baited my Bastiladon as a sacrifice, and it paid off, he only targeted that and didn't split shots into Gotrek, who then took the raptors, then the castigators in two rounds of combat, alongside a Knight-Azyros, It was Gift from The Heavens and Managed to pull points from him one turn to pull away and win before round 5.

Game 3 was against Fyreslayers on Three Places of Power? (The one with three hero objectives down the centre) and whilst my seraphon's shooting and magic took his heros down quick, it wasn't quick enough and he got 11 points and lots of hearthguard left meaning it was slim to no chance I'd pull ahead, so I just took down all I could, Bad use of Gotrek here, or I at least should've screened his flanks with re-summoned skinks to minimise the attacks used on him.

Game 5 against Ogors and Relocation Orb, I did some poor positioning with the slann and forgot just how far the stonehorn could go, Gotrek cleared up the rest of the field, but the Stonehorn and 60 gnoblars that my starpriest failed to get stellar tempest off on meant I couldn't pull the score back, but it was still close up till round 4 or 5.

Overall a great result and weekend considering. Gotrek certainly is that melee punch that seraphon lack, even with the best tricks I know of they pale in comparison. 

Hopefully the new book makes hiring his services unnecessary. But I might take him and my dread saurian to throne of skulls in a silly list just to see who can kill more!

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 11:52 AM, CaptainBerk said:

Sprues and Brews have a new article up talking about their hopes for the new Seraphon Battletome.  Might be of interest to some :)

https://spruesandbrews.com/2020/02/02/seraphon-battletome-what-wed-like-to-see-in-the-new-battletome/

Nothing too eye-opening to be honest. I would have liked for them to take a little more bold swing. ;) 

Rules question:

Summoning rules say "before attempting to cast a spell" you can carry out celestial conjuration instead. Do you need to have a spell available to cast in order to do this or just the ability to cast? My friends TO ruled that you need a spell available to "burn" and I'm pretty sure thats not how it works. 

Screenshot_20200211-085150.jpg

1 hour ago, Verminlord said:

Rules question:

Summoning rules say "before attempting to cast a spell" you can carry out celestial conjuration instead. Do you need to have a spell available to cast in order to do this or just the ability to cast? My friends TO ruled that you need a spell available to "burn" and I'm pretty sure thats not how it works. 

Screenshot_20200211-085150.jpg

Yes, you have to have a cast to trade for 3CCP. The Slann has 3 casts available. If you cast a spell, you now only have 2 casts you can use for CCP. Same applies to Kroak.

19 minutes ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

Yes, you have to have a cast to trade for 3CCP. The Slann has 3 casts available. If you cast a spell, you now only have 2 casts you can use for CCP. Same applies to Kroak.

Sorry, the question is whether you need an actual spell to cast in exchange. Like if your wizard can cast 4 spells but you only have two spells available to cast can you still conjur summoning points with all four? He is taking balewind and cogs for extra spell attempts but he's also taking extra endless spells so that he has spells to "burn".

You can only trade the number of available casts. If the Slann uses Balewind and Cogs to gain two extra casts, then he has an availability of 5 casts = 15 CCP.  If he uses a cast for a spell, then there are only 4 casts left which =12 CCP.

Endless spells don't change this ratio in any way. They still consume 1 available cast, if used.

Edited by Wilhelm Stürmer
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

You already got the cards?!

The community update with pics of our units for Warcry have the old models. Not definitive... But not looking good for new models.

Maybe we still have some hope for new razors or Sallies.... I wouldn't count on it though.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/02/12/warband-focus-the-new-warbandsgw-homepage-post-3/