Jump to content

AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

GW is at it again.  

Hey guys, first post on TGA. I just developed a nifty online tool that might help you guys with Seraphon battles in the future. As a Seraphon player, I was always stressed that I was forgetting t

As a tournament player who doesn't have the pleasure of owning a Seraphon army, I'm both incredibly happy for you all, and very worried about seeing the builds this book is capable of! Don't buy into

Posted Images

It's interesting that we're getting both leaks around the same time. Could be a Son's of Behemat/Seraphon dual release? I remember we got the leaks for the Ogor Mawpot and Bonereaper endless spells at the same time too, so...maybe even a vs box?

Edited by madmac
Link to post
Share on other sites

Insert high-pitched screaming.gif, heavy breathing.gif, it's happening.gif... you get the idea 😁🤩

"The Seraphon are getting a new battletome! And this awesome thing…

From the earliest days of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, the Seraphon have been a massively popular faction – they were even one of the first to get a battletome! Now you’ll be able to field them with all the nifty allegiance abilities, sub-faction rules and more that you’ve come to expect from a modern Warhammer Age of Sigmar army.

The new battletome fully explores the origins and nature of the Seraphon in the Mortal Realms. You’ll have the chance to find out how the original refugees from the world-that-was became the celestially charged Starborne, and how the Seraphon are changing into the Coalesced – whatever that means. 

You won’t have long to wait until this new Seraphon battletome and scenery hits shelves – keep an eye out for more previews soon."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/01/24/from-aelves-to-zoats-previews-from-lvogw-homepage-post-1fw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=WHTV&utm_content=whtvlvopreview24012020

e0f6a380.jpg

40f2e53e.jpg

929afed0.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, looking at that cover again, the front guy is obviously a prettied up Oldblood, but the other 4-5 Saurus guys behind him with similar armor don't look at all like any Saurus model we have. In the sense that fundamentally that armor design doesn't exist but it's consistent across all of them. They basically look like Warriors who are more heavily armored than Guard, and the one of the bottom left looks like a Knight. Interesting?

Edited by madmac
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Super happy for an update. The Astrolithic Monolith looks super cool. Go Go Lizards!

But unfortunately I doubt we will get anything else new. Especially with the way they phrased "Now you’ll be able to field them with all the nifty allegiance abilities, sub-faction rules and more that you’ve come to expect from a modern Warhammer Age of Sigmar army." 

I hope I am wrong, but for now RIP the dream of new cold ones and a large flying dino. (THe only two things I wanted)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I've seeing saurus being portraited like that for some time, not sure if this one means something tho, I'm a little down for this reveal

Here I am, some days ago I was like "i dont want book + new hero, i want more new models" and now even just a new hero could have been better. They usually say "there's more to come" if they gonna show more models and gw didn't say it this time (neither with the elves wich is a let down too if we only get 2 units and 2 heroes)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dragobeth said:

I think I've seeing saurus being portraited like that for some time, not sure if this one means something tho, I'm a little down for this reveal

Here I am, some days ago I was like "i dont want book + new hero, i want more new models" and now even just a new hero could have been better. They usually say "there's more to come" if they gonna show more models and gw didn't say it this time (neither with the elves wich is a let down too if we only get 2 units and 2 heroes)

You mean like this?

And that’s not even the whole of it – we’ll have EVEN MORE Lumineth Realm-lords to show you closer to their release.

 

Copied and pasted from the article. Just near the  end of the Aelf section.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, madmac said:

You know, looking at that cover again, the front guy is obviously a prettied up Oldblood, but the other 4-5 Saurus guys behind him with similar armor don't look at all like any Saurus model we have. In the sense that fundamentally that armor design doesn't exist but it's consistent across all of them. They basically look like Warriors who are more heavily armored than Guard, and the one of the bottom left looks like a Knight. Interesting?

Saurus have been depicted looking a lot different (and a lot better) for a while now. At best we may see a box come out with a new hero or something but I doubt even GW have the balls to put some clearly outdated lizards in a box with some new casts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

You mean like this?

And that’s not even the whole of it – we’ll have EVEN MORE Lumineth Realm-lords to show you closer to their release.

 

Copied and pasted from the article. Just near the  end of the Aelf section.

Oh well, then those damn elves are getting more

I don't know how I passed that

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HolaSkinks said:

Saurus have been depicted looking a lot different (and a lot better) for a while now. At best we may see a box come out with a new hero or something but I doubt even GW have the balls to put some clearly outdated lizards in a box with some new casts. 

I mean obviously they've been depicted as super ripped and non-derpy in the art for a while now, but stuff like their armor has always been pretty consistent with the models. I've got the new Ork battletome with it's big two page spread vs Seraphon in front of me right now  and those Saurus, while much cooler looking than what we have, are still pretty much bog standard warriors being unarmored except for bits of jewelry and the one guy who is accurately modeled on the existing oldblood model.

These heavily armored Saurus dudes on the new cover have never been seen before as far as I know, and if you have any other art to prove me wrong, feel free to link it.

Mind you, I'm not saying this out of any sense of hope or optimism, I just think it's strange how divergent this new cover art actually is from the models we have.

Link to post
Share on other sites

New models is always awesome and I certainly expected some given how late the release of the tome is. Honestly though, if the tome brings Seraphon up to speed I'm hooked. I was looking for a secondary army, but I'm much more hyped about Seraphon than pointy aelves. I'll wait for man-that-reads-books and other previews before purchasing some. Though I guess an Engine couldn't hurt.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think we were all hoping for new models, but I think most of us suspected there wouldn't be any, Still a bit surprised they didn't show any endless spells.

Excited for the book though! my hopes are a healthy dose of updated warscrolls and some fun subfactions! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally.  The cycle is complete.  😔 

All the books will be updated for AoS 2!  I'm not certain but this might be the first time in 30 years that GW will have one of games systems fully updated!

I'm really looking forward to this!  I love my dinosaurs and have looked forward to the day when we'd get updated rules.  My only hope is that our big dinos get updated rules to reflect the fact that you're fighting a gigantic, freakin' dinosaur!  Let me have sweet Jurassic Park moments;  Stegadons plowing through troops like a living battering ram, Bastiladons smashing Chaos warriors aside with their tails, Carnosaurs eating lawyers, splendid!

Also, giant magical aztec pyramid thingie...pretty sweet!  Definitely gonna pick one up, paint it, and loan it to my FLGS since it will make excellent terrain for AoS in general!  


So the Seraphon are turning into the "Coalesced", huh?  Hmmm....sounds like they are gonna start living in the realms themselves if I had to guess.  They've been mentioned several times in lore and Black Library novels as living amongst the Free People in Star Temples or something like that.  I hope they begin establishing temple cities and the giant magical aztec pyramid thingie seems to suggest this.   

Lastly, since it seems its the unwritten law that I have to complain about something...this free dino-flavored (ew) ice cream I have is ok I guess, but its just too darn cold!  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In addition to the saurus not looking like saurus, there are a lot of goldon icon on pole things that do not match anything we have. 
In green i have circled the Current Carnosaur and Engine of the Gods. They mostly match.  The things in red don't come close to anything we have. (unless I am an idiot and missing something. 

It's unusual for battletome cover art to stray so much from the models, isn't it??They oven go as far as to painting the characters even in the exact same pose as the model. 

What do you guys think? new models confirmed? Artist took too much liberty? 

 

 

seraphon.png.30d28a36a68e90c4c1ead7507cd93de5.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

In addition to the saurus not looking like saurus, there are a lot of goldon icon on pole things that do not match anything we have. 
In green i have circled the Current Carnosaur and Engine of the Gods. They mostly match.  The things in red don't come close to anything we have. (unless I am an idiot and missing something. 

It's unusual for battletome cover art to stray so much from the models, isn't it??They oven go as far as to painting the characters even in the exact same pose as the model. 

What do you guys think? new models confirmed? Artist took too much liberty? 

 

 

seraphon.png.30d28a36a68e90c4c1ead7507cd93de5.png

Hehe circled 

but sadly I wouldn’t expect to much because of it. The artist get/take some freedom. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Subscriber

While I really hope you guys get new models, Slaanesh had new artwork of mortals that didn't match any models that exist; everyone got hyped for Slaanesh mortals, but it was just artistic license. I'd not be too optimistic because of artwork. 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rest assured, my expectations are rock bottom. Still it's weird how different the Saurus on that cover are. Something like the Orruk Warclan or Mawtribes cover is artistic license changing some details, but just being heavily armored in a way none of the existing Saurus models are close to being, and even having new banners...that's a hell of an artistic license, especially for a book cover.

You know honestly, what the whole thing looks like, is that the center image saurus is an almost perfect match for Creatives Assemblies take on the Old Blood on Foot, like very nearly the spitting image. Except he's clearly the unit champion rather than a hero, since all the guys standing behind him are just slightly less ornate version of the same thing, carrying banners, ect. And that's the 2.0 cover design in a nutshell anyway is unit champion front and center.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, xking said:

It's a shame that there won't be any new models coming, but also remember. There was no evidence that they were going to get models anyway, it was just hopeful wishing from people.

But at least they're getting a battletome, which I hope comes with updated warscrolls and a variety of the new rules for players. Bringing them up-to-date with the other 2.0 books.

I'm going to get it for the lore however.

True, but they’re the only AoS faction other than Cities of Sigmar* who haven’t received ANY new models during The End Times or Age Of Sigmar. their last release was September 2013. For a faction that’s apparently very popular, that doesn’t bode well

Beasts Of Chaos got the new Tzanngors stuff. Bonesplittaz also technically haven’t either, but as gw has now rolled them into Orruk Wartribes the Ironjawz models count

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...