AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Skinks up 10 points. Understandable. EotG up 20 is harsh

None of the buffs will make those unis viable, apart from maybe Saurus guard (because I think they can be decent anyway).

If the summoning/teleporting goes un-checked we'll be alright, but probably won't win adepticon again :D

New Spells!

Celestial Apotheosis (casting 5). wholly within 18" choose a unit and it heals 1 wound, enemy units within 3" have -1 bravery

Claws of glory: casting 6: reroll hit rolls of 1 unit wholly within 18"

Walk between realms (casting 6): friendly unit wholly within 18", gains fly

Meteoric Convocation (casting 7): Pick an enemy within 24" and roll 8 dice, for each 5+ a MW

Mystical Unforging (casting 8): Pick an enemy hero within 12", D3 mortal wounds and on a 5+ his weapon gets yeeted outta the game.

Stellar Tempest (casting 8): pick enemy unit within 24" and roll a dice for each model, on a 5+ a MW

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

Guaranteed teleports, unlimited range dispels, buffed up command traits, and the battalions are much better than they were before. Aside from the nerfs to Razordons and Salamanders, Seraphon just keep getting better an dbetter.

Guaranteed teleports are huge. Opens up our toolbox what we can do with the skink alpha move allowed to us with steggys

• Like 2

Mediocre allegiance ? No dice involved, this is a huge improvement. No more gambles. Hope it' ll stay this way. Also 3 out of 6 are useful - 2 are top. This is what happens with all the spell lores pretty much so it;s not like we got the short end of the stick.

@Calebexnihilo when playing on a tournament that you wanna hit top 3 -> and thus win all the games not some of them, the gamble ain't worth it due to the times you stay still. You can program better this way. Oh, the Cogs are better than ever for us 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yeah, maybe. It just changes our tactics big time. No more teleporting skinks and moving them into range of an objective. Now you will have to make the charge and activate them first to weary fighter.

No more teleporting and moving Razordons into rend range.

No more teleporting and moving snake basty into range.

No more teleporting and moving flame steggy into range.

Etc....

Imagine in contrast, they just removed the fail but left us the movement on a 5+. We still wouldn't be top teir... But it would have helped!

Edited by Calebexnihilo

31 minutes ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Yeah, maybe. It just changes our tactics big time. No more teleporting skinks and moving them into range of an objective. Now you will have to make the charge and activate them first to weary fighter.

No more teleporting and moving Razordons into rend range.

No more teleporting and moving snake basty into range.

No more teleporting and moving flame steggy into range.

Etc....

Imagine in contrast, they just removed the fail but left us the movement on a 5+. We still wouldn't be top teir... But it would have helped!

You can still do many of these if you teleport a Stegadon and use the D6 move ability.

Im not sure why you think Seraphon are not a top tier army when Thunderquake is proven to be one  of the strongest lists in the game

32 minutes ago, PJetski said:

You can still do many of these if you teleport a Stegadon and use the D6 move ability.

Im not sure why you think Seraphon are not a top tier army when Thunderquake is proven to be one  of the strongest lists in the game

Good point on the steggy. Forgot about alpha Skink.

Proven? Lol... Stats prove exactly the opposite.

2 hours ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Good point on the steggy. Forgot about alpha Skink.

Proven? Lol... Stats prove exactly the opposite.

The stats don't tell the full story - take them with a grain of salt.

Stormcast are sub 50% win rate in the stats but Im 18-0 with them this year and #2 in the ITC ranking. 

• Like 1

Do any of you tournament going players play stormcast allies? I am thinking  about picking up a unit of 5 evocaters or 10-15 sequitors to serve as a hammer. It seems evocaters seem like the best bet so far because of their versatility ( extra dispels and guaranteed MW output).

I've also found that (from the 2 games I've playtested) that the skink starpriest has become super important for dealing with hordes. Having the ability to remove 1/3rd of a horde with a spell has been super important against LoN and Skaventide...

I still think Thunderquake has been the way to go... torn on using kroxis over razordons but I think Kroxis in larger units are the way to go?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Is a single Salamander (with handlers) worth fielding as a unit? It's one of my few fully-painted older models and I'd love to field it as allies with my Stormcast

I'd probably rather field two for the same cost as fielding the handlers. BUT they are about to go up in price to 50 pts each (3/120). They are pretty nasty vs rend. If you can fit 3 as a full unit for 120 into your list, that would be the best way to go. 3 would help negate the misses since they only have 1 shot each. WIth only 1 sally, that one shot will hurt if it misses.

35 minutes ago, Calebexnihilo said:

I'd probably rather field two for the same cost as fielding the handlers. BUT they are about to go up in price to 50 pts each (3/120). They are pretty nasty vs rend. If you can fit 3 as a full unit for 120 into your list, that would be the best way to go. 3 would help negate the misses since they only have 1 shot each. WIth only 1 sally, that one shot will hurt if it misses.

darn, I sold my other two NIB metal bois :( I may use it for narrative play then, since my SCE scheme is for Ghyran.

1 minute ago, CommissarRotke said:

darn, I sold my other two NIB metal bois :( I may use it for narrative play then, since my SCE scheme is for Ghyran.

Might also be useful for Meeting Engagements (the new 1k gametype). It is an artillery piece and could only ever be maxed at 2 models in the third phase anyway.