AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

16 minutes ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

Looks great! How are you running the wiring for the LEDs?

I put the battery pack inside the body of the Stegadon with the back half of the howdah magnetized so I can access it to turn it on/off or replace the battery. Then drilled a hole up thru the shell, thru the seat, and out the back of the throne. I clipped off the arms on the back of the throne and reattached them horizontal so I can hide the wires easier. Once I painted the exposed section of the wires, they are nearly unnoticeable. Had to then drill some holes in the circular stone thing to put the actual LEDs into at the three different spots. Ended up working pretty well!

1 hour ago, Calebexnihilo said:

I put the battery pack inside the body of the Stegadon with the back half of the howdah magnetized so I can access it to turn it on/off or replace the battery. Then drilled a hole up thru the shell, thru the seat, and out the back of the throne. I clipped off the arms on the back of the throne and reattached them horizontal so I can hide the wires easier. Once I painted the exposed section of the wires, they are nearly unnoticeable. Had to then drill some holes in the circular stone thing to put the actual LEDs into at the three different spots. Ended up working pretty well!

Any chance you have picks or video of this?

Hello,

I am considering starting a 2nd AOS army.  I have recently got in with Flesheater Courts, but I want another army so my son and I can play at home.  I am deciding between Seraphon and Sylvaneth.  What about this for a starter list?  I like all the Seraphon units, just trying to start from SC boxes and my favorite models (Kroak and EOTG).  I will also buy 2 boxes of Skinks for summoning.  I hopefully need a list that can take on my Flesheaters, but I realize FEC is pretty strong right now.  As FEC I have been playing mostly Crypt Horrors and Ghouls, with one ZD or TG, I can go full Gristlegore but I tend to stay away from that so not full-on OP.

Allegiance: Seraphon
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Lord Kroak (450)
Engine of the Gods (220)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- Warblade
Slann Starmaster (260)

Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Spears
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades

Battalions
Firelance Starhost (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1890 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

Edited by Aleister
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aleister said:

Hello,

I am considering starting a 2nd AOS army.  I have recently got in with Flesheater Courts, but I want another army so my son and I can play at home.  I am deciding between Seraphon and Sylvaneth.  What about this for a starter list?  I like all the Seraphon units, just trying to start from SC boxes and my favorite models (Kroak and EOTG).  I will also buy 2 boxes of Skinks for summoning.  I hopefully need a list that can take on my Flesheaters, but I realize FEC is pretty strong right now.  As FEC I have been playing mostly Crypt Horrors and Ghouls, with one ZD or TG, I can go full Gristlegore but I tend to stay away from that so not full-on OP.

Allegiance: Seraphon
Mortal Realm: Ghur

Leaders
Lord Kroak (450)
Engine of the Gods (220)
Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur (240)
- Warblade
Slann Starmaster (260)

Battleline
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades
20 x Saurus Warriors (200)
- Spears
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades
5 x Saurus Knights (90)
- Blades

Battalions
Firelance Starhost (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain
Balewind Vortex (40)
Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Total: 1890 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 3
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 89

I like your list. It isn't a top-tier list but it looks fun and easy to learn/master as you are playing with your son. You may want to squeeze in an Astrolith Bearer for extra summoning points.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 12:48 PM, Frowny said:

Given that you are hoping to play with your son, it might be worth asking him what kind of army he would prefer playing.

Absolutely, he is most interested in my Flesheater Courts army, however, so I have that decided.  I almost have my mind made up at this point, thanks :)

Well, if they nerf anything in the allegience abilities, they better boost something else. The summoning rules as they are currently is what makes the faction usable at all (competively that is).

My guess is that they'll introduce at least spell lores to these factions, and maybe some tweaks to make them a bit more competitive while we wait for new BTs.

Edited by Platypus

4 hours ago, htmwc said:

Hey guys. New-ish Seraphon player here. Love the little lizards (and dinos!)

How many skinks do people normally run? Do you have big blobs or start small and just summon more in?

I normally run unit's of 10. I'm looking for the battleline tax and some objective control.  I want the rest of the points for Razordons and Ripperdactyls, or other units that have some punch.

70 points a unit then if it is indeed "small".?

And maybe 90 for the warriors, 80 for guard?

Hopefully they'll reduce (increase?) the points bonus for taking 40 - though its nuts that you have to take 40 of them just to get the bonus

Edited by Dead_Ghost

38 minutes ago, Dead_Ghost said:

70 points a unit then if it is indeed "small".?

And maybe 90 for the warriors, 80 for guard?

Hopefully they'll reduce (increase?) the points bonus for taking 40 - though its nuts that you have to take 40 of them just to get the bonus

Yeah, prob 70 for skinks... hopefully not any higher.

So we get point increases on all our good units while our unplayable units get slight reductions.... thanks GW.....

I mean we need like 100% more skill to beat Skaven or FEC or DoK but yeah let’s jack up the points while a max unit of witch elves gets +30 points....

I’m just so frustrated at this GHB

Edited by etlm1987
  • Like 2

I think I've managed to suss out the grainy image:

* Razordons: 40 up 50/120 (3)

* Salamanders 40 up 50/120 (3)

* Saurus Warriors 100/360 down 90/330

* Stegadon 200 down 200

* Troglodon 160 down 140

* Lord Kroak 450 down 430

* Sk Starmaster 200 down 180

* EotG 220 up 240