AoS 2 - Seraphon Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Well, Adepticon was disappointing for Seraphon players.

a) They featured Seraphon on the stream in what was probably the worst Seraphon army list I've ever seen by a player who had zero idea of Seraphon rules.

b) No love for seraphon during announcements. Not even a warband for Underworlds or Warcry…. not even a Champions tease or something.

At least we have the June GHB to look fwd to.... hopefully they don't nix more of our battalions.

Edited by Calebexnihilo

10 hours ago, Calebexnihilo said:

Well, Adepticon was disappointing for Seraphon players.

a) They featured Seraphon on the stream in what was probably the worst Seraphon army list I've ever seen by a player who had zero idea of Seraphon rules.

b) No love for seraphon during announcements. Not even a warband for Underworlds or Warcry…. not even a Champions tease or something.

At least we have the June GHB to look fwd to.... hopefully they don't nix more of our battalions.

What was the list comp?

Copy an pasted from here

"Here were the forces:
Seraphon: Slann Starmaster (General, Arcane Might), Eternity Warden, Astrolith Bearer, 30 Saurus Warriors, 10 Saurus Knights, 10 Saurus Guard, 10 Skinks (Javelins and bucklers), 2 Razordons, 3 Terradon Riders, 3 Kroxigor, 20 Skinks (Clubs and bucklers), Stegadon

StD: Archaon (General,), Chaos Sorcerer Lord (Runestaff, Indolatrous Plackart, Tzeentch), Sayl the Faithless, 5 Chaos Knights (Tzeentch), 10 Chaos Warriors (Tzeentch), Chaos Chariot (Tzeentch), 10 Kairic Acolytes (Blade and shield), 3 Varanguard, Chaos Warshrine (Tzeentch)"

1 hour ago, Wilhelm Stürmer said:

I didn't get to see it all. Are the matches replayable on the Warhammer TV Twich channel?

Seraphon list:

Slann
Engine
Astrolith

3x10 skinks

4 Razordons with handlers
3 Rippers

5 Evocators

Bastilidon with laser
Stegadon

Thunderquake starhost

Yes

Here is his interview with HonestWargamer. Sounds like he played well! 

https://youtu.be/eyfBcKbwsQA

Matchups:

Khorne
Sacrament
SCE on Total Commitment
Beasts of Chaos
The DoK on Relocation Orb

He teleports his slann in for deep strikes.

Against SCE and 12 snipers, he teleported slann 9 away from snipers (3+)... Summoned in Ripperdactyls (which means he got a 3+ on his D3 roll)
Then got a 9+ on the ripper charge!!! 

Incredible! 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I mean anyone who wins an event that big with 5 majors has to roll hot. Even the best players. So hearing that some games has some insane rolls makes sense. If it didn’t someone else would have and podiumed. You need to roll good and play good. Like poker, flop good, play good, win.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, I will probably jump into Seraphons with the adepticon winning list. But I do not know what to buy for mandatory sumonning units ... anys tips?

Thanks !

All the Skinks. Troglodon's can be valuable to summon in. As are Ripperdactyls and Terradons. Razordons, because they can shoot in the same turn they are summoned.

2 hours ago, Heaven_lord said:

Hey, I will probably jump into Seraphons with the adepticon winning list. But I do not know what to buy for mandatory sumonning units ... anys tips?

Thanks !

You will need at least 40 skinks in reserve and a unit or two of Ripperdactyls. But be aware, it is a costly army as you need flexibility in Summoning units. Depending on the Battleplan and the way the battle is going for you, you may need a variety of units in reserve. 

I've summoned everything from Bastiladons, EoTG (great summon on turn 2), Banners, skinks of course, Trogs for the charge bonus, razordons, Rippers, etc.

Skinks should probably be your first units to build up reserves of.... But they are all useful. 

I won a game once cause I needed heros on objectives... Summoned enough EoTGs to grab em. 

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 12:06 PM, Heaven_lord said:

Thanks !

I have 100 skinks I bring with me - I usually field 50-70 and need at least 20 but to be safe 30 for reserve summoning. Also I would argue it’s good to have some combination of rippers, razordons and bastiladons in your reserves. When it comes to summoning these units are really great in certain situations so it’s nice having a toolbox

• 2 weeks later...

You know, am I the only one that thinks its a good thing there doesn't seem to be a Seraphon update any time soon?

That would greatly increase their chances of new models! Not that seraphon need new units, but you know finally replace the "how is this still here, isn't this suppose to be the center of the army" metal sculpt slaan!

There definitely needs to be more details for example. The vanilla slaan is so...plain!

Spoiler

99810208028_SlannStarMaster03.jpg

I need more headpieces and ancient bling!Even if I suppose fluffwise why would lizard daemons care about that stuff...

Spoiler

lmc5yla21wuy.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1

On 4/19/2019 at 6:17 AM, Luke1705 said:

I’m curious as to why the adepticon winning list had a Stegadon over a second bastiladon. What does the Stegadon do that’s better?

Cost less points and some high (3) rend melee I guess. I really like stegadons.

On 4/19/2019 at 9:17 AM, Luke1705 said:

I’m curious as to why the adepticon winning list had a Stegadon over a second bastiladon. What does the Stegadon do that’s better?

Rend-3 horns are fantastic, 3d6 stomp attacks are good for clearing hordes, and most importantly the D6" move to a SKINK unit in the hero phase allows you to pull off a great number of interesting maneuvers.

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

Rend-3 horns are fantastic, 3d6 stomp attacks are good for clearing hordes, and most importantly the D6" move to a SKINK unit in the hero phase allows you to pull off a great number of interesting maneuvers.

The skink move sounds nice but it doesn’t allow them to fall back. Although to be fair skinks are typically dead or not in combat.

Idk I feel like if you have the points, I would just prefer a second bastiladon

It's not just for Skinks, but any unit with the SKINK keyword. Here's some fun things you can do with this ability in a Thunderquake list:

1. Summon Ripperdactyls or Terradons with Engine of the Gods >9" from an enemy and immediately move them closer for an easier charge

2. Move EOTG D6 before rolling for the altar to be in range of a key unit with its 25" D6 mortal wound blast

3. Gain an additional D6 move on the Bastiladon, which can effectively double its movement since it only moves 5"

4. Teleport the Stegadon and then move it D6" immediately. Put yourself in range of Javelins and shorten your charge.

5. Double teleport a Stegadon and Ark of Sotek Bastiladon, immediately move the Bastiladon D6 so it is in range to use the Ark immediately

The D6 movement in the hero phase is an incredibly powerful tool.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1