Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Wanderers Discussion

It's the most interesting rumor engine we've gotten in a while, IMO.

I think it's almost definitely a waystone, but I'm really curious what kind of stylized beast it's trying to depict there. A Phoenix, a Dragon?

It doesn't look like a stag, which automatically makes it some kind of new beast compared to the current Wanderer range.

It could easily be something for 40k Exodites, since they love those runes like that, and have a part in the new Psychic Awakening thing.

I think there is a kurnothi faction on the horizon and this is part of it. There was another rumour engine (the long braid I think) that hitted at more models after beast grave had been released. Just have to wait and see.

I'd personally really like it if it were more Wanderers or Kurnothi or something - I noticed today that the CoS battleline requirements say 'requires a Wanderer general' for many Wanderer units, which strikes me as future-proofing for potential releases moving forward. It would be great if some of the factions that had many of their heroes culled (like Wanderers) got a new hero or something - personally I'd love a mounted option!

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

Hi guys, 

I'm preparing a 2 days tournament. I need some meta breaking army because I need to get some wins for improve my personal rank (national ladder), so I m moving into wanderers again.

What do you think about this list:

Allegiance: Wanderers
- Mortal Realm: Hysh
LEADERS
Nomad Prince (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Myst Walker
Spellweaver (100)
- Heartwood Staff
- Artefact : Viridescent Shawl or Longbow/Quarz Brooch on prince - To be decided
Wayfinder (80)
Wayfinder (80)
Waystrider (80)
- Artefact : Forget-me-knot
UNITS
20 x Eternal Guard (260)
20 x Glade Guard (240)
20 x Glade Guard (240)
20 x Sisters of the Watch (320)
5 x Sisters of the Thorn (130)
5 x Wild Riders (130)
BATTALIONS
Waystone Pathfinders (160)
ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN / COMMAND POINTS
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)

TOTAL: 2000/2000 EXTRA COMMAND POINTS: 1 WOUNDS: 125
LEADERS: 5/6 BATTLELINES: 3 (3+) BEHEMOTHS: 0/4 ARTILLERY: 0/4
ARTEFACTS: 2/2 ALLIES: 0/400

Suggestions/Questions open. 

• Like 1

A lot of those units work better in Cities of Sigmar now.  Have you picked up the Battletome?

So, I've had Wanderers for a little while now. I love the models and started collecting them before CoS became a thing.

I thought that they were a shoe-in for the Living City, but I was overall disappointed with how they synergized in that city (granted, I've only built a little and haven't played them much.)

However, I started looking at their synergies with other cities and Tempest Eye looks like it could really compliment their play style.

Has anybody had more experience with either of the cities? What was your takeaway?