Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Wanderers Discussion

Would be nice - we could use some kinda reliable mortal wounds generation for all these multi-wound durable dudes runnin' about. I'd honestly love to see some new Wardancers - I always liked those guys and they were one of the cooler things in the old WE range, but the models are really thin and strangely compact in their posing.

It would be neat to see what kind of new dudes the range might get.

• LOVE IT! 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:09 AM, overtninja said:

Would be nice - we could use some kinda reliable mortal wounds generation for all these multi-wound durable dudes runnin' about. I'd honestly love to see some new Wardancers - I always liked those guys and they were one of the cooler things in the old WE range, but the models are really thin and strangely compact in their posing.

It would be neat to see what kind of new dudes the range might get.

I've tried running a magic-heavy list with some endless spells in order to get some MW. Aethervoid pendulum is a reliable one for 40 points. Others vary depending on the realms, but vs Chaos (particularly in Chamon) then Quicksilver Swords is a steal at 20pts. 

Also who needs MW when you have bodkins? ;)

Edited by DionTheWanderer

Yeah, we have good tools in our arsenal, it's why we can actually play as a cohesive force. Our melee is lackluster, so we end up being the Tau of AoS, which isn't as fun for our opponents, I think. I like being a ranged-focused faction, but I'd like some melee infantry options that are more mobile. I honestly think Wardancers would be a great fit, but they'd need new models. I'll still keep the old ones I have for the time being of course, but they could really use them.

As it stands, I generally ally in my Dryads, and later on I'll throw some Kurnoth with swords or scythes in to do some heavy lifting in melee, or possibly an Ancient and a Branchwraith for Wildwood summoning shenanigans.