AoS 2 - Wanderers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

18 hours ago, awcamawn said:

Awesome conversion @Thiagoma! Very interested to see what you come up with for the other heroes. 

Also, I made sure to let GW know in their survey that I want more Wanderers. Give us a battletome!

Thank you!

Here goes the 2nd of 3, my Waywatcher!

Glade Guard body and cape, Tiara from Sister of The Thorn,  Head from Khinerai, Bow from Sisters of the Watch. Still a bit of a problem with the Tiara and bow hand (no green stuff in my country), but overall happy with the results!

20190417_072948.jpg

20190417_072937.jpg

20190417_072923.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

20 minutes ago, Ggom said:

Looking awesome! I was originally interested in Wanderers but put off by some of the older models. Looking at your conversions makes me wish I hadn’t been!

I dont have many models on Wanderers (Glade Guard, Sisters of the Thorn and Watch).  Glade guard models are a bit meh. They are "neckless" and made me craft some necks to fit the heads.  They also feel a tab shorter than other models.  It seen that Eternal Guard/Wildwood Rangers are a bit better tho.

Both Sisters of Thorn and Watch are very good kits and so are Wild Riders.

For now i have been make this conversions because i had a huge hobby burnout and this have been a blast to craft. Soon will finish the Nomad Princess (remaking some stuff that i didnt really like)

• Like 1

I am looking forward to see your interpretation of the Nomad Princess :) For some time I have been trying to find a Handmaiden of the Everqueen to use as Nomad Princess for my Wanderers. Has anyone else done this? I would like to see some photos, because I think she would fit very well with the rest of our Units. 

52 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I am looking forward to see your interpretation of the Nomad Princess :) For some time I have been trying to find a Handmaiden of the Everqueen to use as Nomad Princess for my Wanderers. Has anyone else done this? I would like to see some photos, because I think she would fit very well with the rest of our Units. 

I have build my own model with parts of the Sisters of the Watch, Sisters of Thorn (in my case legs of the Skycutter crew and the cloak of the Eternal Guard.

Yy7I21y3eptqr0eNnErU8fyapl2Ai-9MqufKE1R-

nbdXUJlBAN-oSoLUhiFFQGm3Oqs0RgTxS48XIcX5

But this was also for an army that is completly build on models looking like Sisters of the Watch and Sisters of Thorn.

In case of the latest version of the Handmaiden I have the feeling that it looks quite different to most of the Wanderer models.

• Like 4

Yesterday I played against Seraphon, 2000 pts, the battleplan in which you burn objectives

His list:

slann
2 engines
3 unites of saurus
1 hero on foot
battalion
1 bastiladon

My list:

1 nomad prince
2 spellweaver
2 waywatcher
1 wayfinder
20 eternal guards
30 glade guards
10 sisters of the watch
5 sisters of thorn
10 wildwood rangers
5 retributors (allied)

it was a very interesting match! I liked very much and I want to play more and more matches with wanderers (I have too many other armies...)

He won for objectives, but I lost only 9 sisters of the watch, 5 retributors and some eternal guards

glade guards supported by nomad are very strong, also with rend null

I managed to bring rangers in melee with engine, thanks to allegiance ability of moving through table side, and of course it disappeared in one turn. They are more interesting than I would have thought.

Actually I think that nomad prince with its command ability is very very interesting. I am not sure about playing 2 waywatcher; maybe I have been too unlucky, but they didn't performed much good. I need to try them again.

Also I am not sure about 2 spellweaver, but I have to try with more magical opponents

• Like 1

Annnd this is my Nomad Princess.

To be completly honest, the most troublesome and me list favorite, but i spent so much time and glued so many pieces that it come to the moment that i said: well that it, this is how this will be:

20190420_090903.jpg.1f2b04b4893705380885f0a8c32d189c.jpg20190420_090951.jpg.ef8e96abccaa95650a03fe450024b454.jpg

At first i wasnt sure about what head to use. A friend suggested the Wild Rider leader one and at first i didnt like so much, but his argument was solid "Well she is the melee one right? Make her more manly".

The helmet grew on me, then came the other issues. Original plan was to use a Glade Guard bow on the left arm abd glue the shield behind her. Wouldnt fit. So i removed the bow and glied the shield on it. Looked cool but made the quiver from the cape look kinda stupid without a bow, so i glued one on the back.

Now the HUGE issue was the spear arm. I couldnt find one at all.  Then i remendered the eel Akhelians had girls. Aaaand it didnt fit, at least one a dinamic pose. The cape was too tick.

Back to the board...

I endend up using the Akhelian Girl army (look a bit off without a Sleeve but i think i can make it work), and glued a Sylvaneth blade to it. 

There was no way to put the bird on all that mess, the models was already too clustered, so i went for one on the ground. Since  the model itself was too short, i went with some terrain to make it taller and i plan to make some water on the floor. (people wont notice the mess if the base kicks ass).🤣

Still unsure about the blade tho. I may replace it with a skycutter spear. 

And here is the 3 ladies togheter:

20190420_090831.jpg.5eb6974be141564be410a0769ea9177a.jpg

Edited by Thiagoma
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

I think  I'd have gone for consistency and made them triplets with the same head/headgear, maybe using the horns from this wild rider helmet added behind the horn-like-thing-tiara the others have. maybe I'd even put that in the middle of the helmet on the pricess model you have now for consistency. Also. I THINK I'd try to add some lenght to that scythe (towards the ground).

Edited by Aezeal

2 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I think  I'd have gone for consistency and made them triplets with the same head/headgear, maybe using the horns from this wild rider helmet added behind the horn-like-thing-tiara the others have. maybe I'd even put that in the middle of the helmet on the pricess model you have now for consistency. Also. I THINK I'd try to add some lenght to that scythe (towards the ground).

Now you mentioned i remeber i have another extra Khinerai head i could use!

The spear arm is trouble tho. This was the  best i could do. Maybe with the helmet off it looks less clustered. May also switch the tip for a high elf one.

Hi 1st time posting!

I've been thinking about starting wanderers as my aos army but i don't understand the lore. I like to keep my armies in keeping with the established canon as i find it fun to base an army in. However i don't really understand what the "wanderer" faction is all about?

All i know is they legged it when  nurgle attacked the realm of life and that made the Sylvaneth mad but they're considered allies for army building so are they friends or not?  also now that they've all left the realm of life does that make them persona non grata in the realm of life? where are they now? whats the goal of the faction?

What i've read so far seems to have little direction (appropriate given the faction name ;)). Can anyone help this poor noob out? 

• Like 1

@Alexispolux There isn't a whole lot of established canon for Wanderers, like most of the armies that currently don't have their own book. They're definitely affiliated with Ghyran and life magic. The Firestorm supplement indicates there are significant numbers of Wanderers in and around Hammerhal, the Living City, and Greywater Fastness (all cities in Ghyran). They are almost certainly spread around the realms like most every other faction, but like the Sylvaneth seem to have a significant portion of the their numbers in Ghyran. The old Grand Alliance: Order book had a paragraph or two of good info, including a mention in that book's Sylvaneth section indicating that the Sylvaneth see the Wanderers as "estranged cousins." So Wanderers and Sylvaneth still see each other as part of the same extended family in a sense, but there's been some family drama to say the least. Some of the more twisted Sylvaneth probably want to kill the Wanderers, but they also probably want to kill humans too. For their part, one of the Wanderers' main goals seem to be earning back the trust of the Sylvaneth, but that process takes time. Part of that process is fighting and dying on the battlefield alongside the Sylvaneth, hence the 'allies for list building' bit. 

To best set the scene for yourself, I recommend checking out the AoS 2 Core Rules Book. Within is a very nice write up of the full history of the realm of Ghyran and later the War of Life, detailing the events that led to many of the "dissident Wanderers" giving up the fight and traveling along the Cascading Paths to escape to Azyr. It details the aftermath of that fateful decision, and later in the book also has a short blurb on Wanderers specifically in the faction lore overviews. Hopefully we'll learn more if we get a Battletome, and/or perhaps we'll be mentioned in a potential second edition Sylvaneth book (coming soon-ish?).

Another thing to check out is the Black Library stories concerning Prince Maesa, an exiled Wanderer Prince on a quest to save his beloved. These include "The Autumn Prince," "Hungerfiend," and "The Sands of Grief." We don't learn a whole lot of new stuff about Wanderers as an army/society/culture here, but there are some hints.

Edited by awcamawn
  • Like 1

@awcamawn Thanks for your help! i'll check the core rulebook once i get one XD in my mind i want to do an army thats fighting to reclaim Ghyran from those dastardly forces of chaos *shakes fist* so the info you've given me makes me feel comfortable in doing so!

It seems that the sylvaneth and wanderers have an interesting relationship which i hope they expand on as it sounds quite interesting. Might include some kurnoth hunters or a treelord into my army as i've heard they're good and i like the models

Hi all, just thought I'd share my WIP for a Nomad Prince. A little concerned the hawk is way too big... Any thoughts let me know.

Theme is that this wanderers band have been exploring ghur and so are a little wilder than the traditional wanderers, hence no elegant armour... 

IMG_20190423_150533__01.jpg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone knows if there has been any update to the other wood elf stats. I'd like to run the Sisters of Twilight on the Forest dragon and a few of the other units, but they're listed as Order and Aelf. Has there been any word on GW updating their descriptions to see these units Incorporated in a Wanderers specific army?

• Sad 1

On 4/22/2019 at 3:07 PM, awcamawn said:

@Alexispolux There isn't a whole lot of established canon for Wanderers, like most of the armies that currently don't have their own book. They're definitely affiliated with Ghyran and life magic. The Firestorm supplement indicates there are significant numbers of Wanderers in and around Hammerhal, the Living City, and Greywater Fastness (all cities in Ghyran). They are almost certainly spread around the realms like most every other faction, but like the Sylvaneth seem to have a significant portion of the their numbers in Ghyran. The old Grand Alliance: Order book had a paragraph or two of good info, including a mention in that book's Sylvaneth section indicating that the Sylvaneth see the Wanderers as "estranged cousins." So Wanderers and Sylvaneth still see each other as part of the same extended family in a sense, but there's been some family drama to say the least. Some of the more twisted Sylvaneth probably want to kill the Wanderers, but they also probably want to kill humans too. For their part, one of the Wanderers' main goals seem to be earning back the trust of the Sylvaneth, but that process takes time. Part of that process is fighting and dying on the battlefield alongside the Sylvaneth, hence the 'allies for list building' bit. 

To best set the scene for yourself, I recommend checking out the AoS 2 Core Rules Book. Within is a very nice write up of the full history of the realm of Ghyran and later the War of Life, detailing the events that led to many of the "dissident Wanderers" giving up the fight and traveling along the Cascading Paths to escape to Azyr. It details the aftermath of that fateful decision, and later in the book also has a short blurb on Wanderers specifically in the faction lore overviews. Hopefully we'll learn more if we get a Battletome, and/or perhaps we'll be mentioned in a potential second edition Sylvaneth book (coming soon-ish?).

Another thing to check out is the Black Library stories concerning Prince Maesa, an exiled Wanderer Prince on a quest to save his beloved. These include "The Autumn Prince," "Hungerfiend," and "The Sands of Grief." We don't learn a whole lot of new stuff about Wanderers as an army/society/culture here, but there are some hints.

In the core rulebook, on page 94 in the Ghyran section, it says that the Wanderers began to contract Nurgle's rot during the Age of Chaos and that was the reason why they chose to abandon the fight - they were dying!  Either Allarielle could not, or would not, prevent this foremost disease from spreading.  I believe that the decision to leave the fight in Ghyran was taken to ensure that the Wanderer Clans were not wiped out altogether.   No doubt many Wanderers chose not to leave at this time, but as no mention of them is made, it is probable that they did not survive the plague.  Perhaps when we get our book, this episode will be given more clarity.  

8 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

They wont be back i am afraid. Gw never done such move for any unit.

One possible way to use the model, would be to ally a Dragonlord and use the forest dragon. That or convert a dragon to look "Wanderer"

That's what I've done - I used the forest dragon as a dragonlord (with a Waystrider on top)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Magdrin said:

Has there been any word on GW updating their descriptions to see these units Incorporated in a Wanderers specific army?

All of the old Wood Elf stuff had the Wanderers keyword in first edition of Age of Sigmar, but that was removed after the release of the 2nd General's Handbook when the compendium PDFs were updated (Wanderers were given their allegiance abilities at the same time). I sorely miss my Wardancers but it is unlikely they will be given the Wanderer keyword again after they've already very intentionally removed it. :( 

With the Sylvaneth update looming, hopefully Wanderers will get the Gitz treatment and be rolled in as a sub faction... Similar to how Spiders and Trogs all have their own allegiance/ relics/ CT but can be included in the army and benefit.

Would certainly be cool and a nice lore piece! 

• LOVE IT! 1

16 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

They wont be back i am afraid. Gw never done such move for any unit.

One possible way to use the model, would be to ally a Dragonlord and use the forest dragon. That or convert a dragon to look "Wanderer"

*most likely won't be back, GW has done weird and surprising things before, and there i nothing stopping them from doing what they want in AOS

30 minutes ago, Charlo said:

With the Sylvaneth update looming, hopefully Wanderers will get the Gitz treatment and be rolled in as a sub faction... Similar to how Spiders and Trogs all have their own allegiance/ relics/ CT but can be included in the army and benefit.

Would certainly be cool and a nice lore piece! 

I ope not as it would reduce the chances of wanderers getting new and unique stuff, rather they stay separate.

• Like 1