AoS 2 - Wanderers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 2/22/2019 at 6:39 PM, martinwolf said:

Hey fellow Wanderers, not sure if it‘s okay to post here about painting stuff? I was wondering what your go-to green color for capes/hoods is? I‘m currently mostly using Caliban Green -> Athonian Camoshade -> Highlight with Warpstone Glow and a really small edge highlight with Moot Green.

I am boring and use Vajello deep, olive and light greens. Or make them autumnal.

Until GW give us back our forest dragons I am attempting to convert idoneth eels to fill the role:

dragonrider.jpg

dragonrider2.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Orsino said:

I am boring and use Vajello deep, olive and light greens. Or make them autumnal.

Until GW give us back our forest dragons I am attempting to convert idoneth eels to fill the role:

dragonrider.jpg

dragonrider2.jpg

You could always allie a dragonlord and ask your opponent to allow a forest dragon as a proxy.

That's a pretty cool dragon  - great idea to convert the eels.

I use Caliban Green base -> Loren Forest layer -> Athonian Camoshade shade -> Loren forest highlight -> Elysian Green edge highlight

Having said that my aelves don't have as much green on them as traditional wood elves normally do:  https://www.instagram.com/aelflife/

• Like 1

Been tracking this chat for quite a while now! First time contributing, second ever game of AoS, first ever battle report (tips on how to make the report better are welcome!)...

1000 points Wanderers:
Nomad Prince (stalker of the hidden paths, Starcaster Longbow)
Spellweaver
Wayfinder
Waystrider
10 x Glade Guard
10 x Glade Guard
10 x Sisters of the Watch
10 x Liberators (allies)
1 x Soulsnare shackles

1000 Tzeentch:
Ogroid Thaumaturge
Tzaangor Shaman
10 x Acolytes
10 x Acolytes
10 x Pink Horrors
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened

T1: Tzeentch finished deploying and elected for the Wanderers to go first. Wanderers made a small move, using the SoW and the Stalker command trait to move to the far right corner of the board to ambush and engage a unit of acolytes that had been stationed on an objective. Taking two shots each, 4 acolytes died and two further fled in the battleshock phase. Tzeentch, were surprised by this move (he'd never come across wanderers before). The rest of the wanderers stoodfast... In Tzeentch's turn the acolytes held on the objective, he moved his main force towards mine, (we were held up in large ruined buildings, very dramatic!), and failed on his spell casting. Luckily my sisters were out of range of a counter by the Enlightened (they are nasty) and so they moved towards the main host of Wanderers.  

T2: Tzeentch rolled for the double. Fireball from the Ogroid to the glade guard on my left flank luckily did not go off. The main tzeentch force again moved up, now in range of my bows. They fired and fluffed hard. The Enlightened charged my Waystrider whilst also bringing the GG on my right into combat. They wipped the waystrider off the board, the GG then fluffed for not even a wound and then were promptly dispatched. 200 points of my force - gone. 

I was shaken by the power of the Enlightened, and this drove my next moves. When the Wanderers stepped up, we fought back well but made the mistakes that cost the game... Spellweaver hit the Shaman with an Arcane Bolt. The Wayfinder (is there a better character assassin/sniper?) found the Shaman horrible exposed and promptly finished him off with the hail of doom arrow (So many wounds that his fate dice couldn't help). My opponent was gutted and at this point concerned. GG on the left went for the Pink Horrors and hit nothing. The Sisters used the realm wanderers to come up behind the main Tzeentch army and with 20 shots, took out another 6 Acolytes (inc. Battleshock). However this was my first mistake, as we had not finished the job on the original acolytes and claimed their objective. The Liberators retreated around the spellweaver and Nomad Prince as both were horribly exposed to the Enlightened. 

At this point everything was to play for... I've taken c. 260 points from him and he 200 from me...

T3. Wanderers with the double turn! And with it more mistakes... Mystic shield didn't go off, The Nomad Prince used his command ability, the Sisters tried to assassinate the Ogroid and literally all the arrows 'bounced of his muscles.' GG tried the same with Arcane Bodkins and had the exact same result. The Wayfinder shot at the Enlightened and damaged one. Then came the second big mistake, I abandoned my objective and charged the Enlightened with the Liberators who promptly killed off one, and then were slaughtered, ending my turn. At this point, I had unwittingly left all objectives open for play. One fireball to the GG only killed one, but it was enough. The Enlightened abandoned all thoughts of combat and jumped on one objective that I had left unprotected. The pink horrors moved up, physically underneath my GG but right on top of the objective and with more units. And with that the game was won! Slightly anti-climatic, but such a fun game. 

Lessons for me - THINK ABOUT THE OBJECTIVES. Turn 2 I should have finished the Acolytes and captured the Ob. Turn 3 I should have held the Liberators back and made him fight hard for the Ob. If I hadnt made the first mistake I could have won. If I hadn't made the second, we'd have gone to Turn 4... also... USE YOUR ENDLESS SPELL, this could have slowed the enlightened heavily or the pink horrors getting to the objective. 

Not sure I am keen for the GG. They were nothing but a 240 point distraction in this game... But I didn't use them well either. Sisters were good at taking out weaker units (2+ to wound against Chaos is nasty...) and only struggled against a Monster. The Wayfinder proved to be my MVP (hail of doom arrow was the perfect assassins tool). The Liberators... meh... Most likely better getting some cheaper EG and castling them on an objective.

I'd need to invest, but for a 1000 point game think I'd like 20x EG, with 3 sets of 10 x SoW. Bounce around 2 of the sisters with the Stalker trait (obvs not both on the same turn), whilst EG, NP and third SotW unit are castled up. This means I'd sadly likely need to to drop the Wayfinder for the Waywatcher if I want to keep the Nomad Prince... 

But anyway, if you've made it this far thanks for reading! Any comments obviously welcomed!

End game....jpg

Enlightened remove my flank....jpg

Defending the ruins.jpg

End of Wanderers T1.jpg

• Like 6

I enjoyed the battle report a lot. Thanks for writing it up!

I think Glade Guard can be good, but only in groups of 20 or more to get the +1 to hit. I’m not a big fan of big units either, and they cost a lot with 240 points, but Arcane Bodkins, 3+ to hit and rerolling 1s with Nomad Prince comman ability CAN do some work.

But you are right, SotW against Chaos are pretty awesome.

I should try the Wayfinder again. Only have run him once and was unimpressed. I always take the Waywatcher, love it with Masterful Hunter command trait.

@martinwolf:
My painting is not very sophisticated atm ^^
For Hoods and Cloaks I use:
Base: Waagh! Flesh --> Shade Biel Tan Green --> Highlight with Elysian Green (or in rare cases Ogryn Camo) --> I also applied "Waywatcher Glaze" on some Minis after this, however I did not like the actual shiny appereance of it - 🙄
Sometimes it is: Base Waagh! Flesh --> Layer Elysian Green --> Shade, Athonian Camoshade, --> Highlight Ogryn Camo

• Like 2

@Ndino87 I think, at 1000 points, you'd probably be better served with fewer heroes. While they are cheap and pretty strong, it's always better to bring more bodies, or at least more capabilities, especially at lower points. I usually go for a Nomad Prince and a Spellweaver at that point total, sometimes with a Waywatcher because they are easily our most impactful hero based on raw stats and abilities outside of command abilities (that honor goes to the NP, which is why I always take one).

GG are only good in groups of 20+, I think, and close enough to a NP to benefit from their command ability. Usually I use them to punish a unit with a 4+ armor save or better in the first turn, and after that anything they do in the shooting phase is just a bonus - and they're good objective holders.

As for melee presence, EG are great at standing still, but they are poor at most everything else. If you can position them on an objective, they'll hold it against anything, but without using their ability they are pretty soft targets. I'd still take a group if you are looking to castle up - they are a steal for their points - but in any game with dynamic objectives, your opponent could very easily end up ignoring them. I've had great games with them, but being defensive and relying on shooting hasn't yielded the best results for me, and I prefer to be aggressive and mobile so I can go for objectives and force my opponents to chase me.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Wildwood Rangers - they are an appropriately-priced elite melee unit with fantastic stats, including 2" range, which is actually a big deal. Their damage output against anything is excellent, especially with the NP Command Ability to reroll 1s - and against monsters a group of 20 can reliably kill anything they come up against in a single swing - I'm reasonably sure they could saw through Nagash in a single swing if they reach him at full compliment. (Full disclosure - I play a lot of games against Maggotkin, and my opponent uses a GUO with the Endless Gift, making him easily the most obnoxious thing to kill ever. My list has evolved with that in mind - but it just so happens that WWR are great against everything else, too, which is a happy accident).

One of the first things I learned from other players back when I first started playing Warhammer like 12 years ago was that a strong list will be able to do something useful in every phase of the game, and if you neglect one phase you have to make up for it in another. In AoS, because of variable turn order, the game is heavily skewed towards melee over shooting, because the latter can only happen on your turn, while melee happens even on your opponent's turn. Even with a shooting-heavy army, I try to keep that in mind, and bringing 1 or 2 strong melee units to your games will make a lot of difference.

Also, I fully support bringing as many SotW as you can, because they are fantastic at general damage output, and with a high native to-hit roll they can reliably snipe out buffing heroes, though doing so puts them in harm's way. If you are using 3 units of them, don't be afraid to take a gamble and use one to take out your opponent's caster, general, or other unit that's critical to their overall strategy. Generally speaking, it will pay off in the long run, especially if you can teleport them into a position that's hard for your opponent to charge into.

• Like 4

I would like to add a sketchy Battle Report to the List: 
Had a game against two Friends who brought me into Warhammer - One was Playing Khorne, the other Clan Skryre. Apologies if it becomes too incoherent.
As an aside: It was my first time playing the Waystone Pathfinder Battalion and we may have got the deployment rules wrong. In the description it says: "(...)instead of setting up the Units in this Batalion on the battlefield you can place them to one side. In your first Movement Phase set up all of these Units wholly within 6" of the edges of the Battlefield and more than 9" from any enemy Models. (...)"
Now my Interpretation always was that I could only place all the Battalion's Units to one side of the Battlefield and I was always confused that it read "edges" rather than edge - because I was under the impression to choose just one edge in my first Movement Phase.  Maybe not having English as Native Language is a factor in that misunderstanding.  Anyway my friends said that I would be able to theoretically deploy wholly within 6" of all the edges of the Battlefield - more on that later.
The Unit Composition
My 2380 Points vs their 1200 Points Khorne Mix and 1260 Skryre Army
My Units: (I'll spare you the composition of my opponents Armies) :D

Prince (Viridiscent Shawl)
Waywatcher (General, Stalker of the Hidden Paths)
Spellweaver
Waystrider (Forget me Not)
Wayfinder
Dragon Noble on Steed (Shield and enchanted Polearm) (Allies)
Eldritch Council Archmage on Foot (Allies)

30 Glade Guard
20 SotW
10 SotW
20 Eternal Guard
5 Sisters of the Thorn
5 Sisters of the Thorn

Waystone Pathfinders
Quicksilver Swords

We played the Treasure Hunt Scenario from the Open War Cards (each player sets up 3 Treasure Markers in their own deployment Zone and is allowed to roll at the beginning of each of their phases (on a 6 the Treasure is found -all other markers are removed- and the Winner is whoever holds the treasure at the end of the 5th battleround.)
I deployed my Archmage on one Objective in Cover
Then followed the Dragonnoble on Steed between the two other Markers
I let my opponents just deploy the rest of their army and said that my battalion would come in in my Movement Phase, because I just wanted to see what they would do.

Three Skaven jezzails blocked all the edges at their Backside - and together with a Warplighning Cannon they had some good firing archs to threaten me later on.
Khorne Guy just deployed evreything upfront, Bloodthrone, Slaughterpriest, 30 Bloodletters, 3 Skullcrushers and 1 Khorgorath on one Flank and 2x5 Bloodwarriors, 3 Mighty Skullcrushers on the Other.

Meanwhile 10 Skryre Acolytes secured their center, 3 Stormfiends with Missile Weapons deployed just behind the Bloodcrushers, Warlock Bombardier and the Archwarlock general in the center, Warlock Engineer grouped with the Stormfiends. 

Now my Deployment - everything was too spread out in hindsight, but I wanted to roll 3 times in my first Turn to potentially dig up the Treasure in my Territory and deal some damage. Needless to say I didn't roll a 6 ^^
I deployed 20 SotW Within Range of the Bloodletters and Bloodthrone (which was in Cover), 10 SotW (in Cover beside them), Waywatcher, Waystrider, Wayfinder for support next to them. Prince and the Block of 20 EG deployed between the two markers next to the Dragon Noble. Then a Unit of SotT to assist the EG later on.
Now it gets dumb: Spellweaver and 5 SotT and GG deployed on the other edge to potentially secure my third "Treasure Site" - (they were mostly useless the whole time)

1st Turn:
I had a Hero Phase thanks to my Allied Heroes  and the Archmage failed to cast the Quicksilver Swords.
I advanced my Dragon Noble to later charge the 30 strong Bloodletter Unit,
GG wandered to safety because I was afraid of 3 Mighty Skullcrushers (I had deployed poorly )
Then I focused my heroes fire to kill of the Salughterpriest who hid in cover (his Prayers are scary) - first threat eliminated
The Heroes also put one Wound on a Khorgorath
10 squad and 20 squad of SotW killed the Bloodthrone and most of the 30 Bloodletters
Then The Dragon Noble wanted to finish the Bloodletters but failed his 9" charged even with a reroll.

Their Turn:
The treasure is found in the midst of Chaos territory....great^^
Skaven Hero cast the Skaven Endless Spell which creates 3 Warplightning Vortexes (this thing has a casting range of 24" or something!) : this did 9 Mortal Wounds in total to the Waywatcher, NP, Waysrider, EG and the 10 SotW (but no heroes died "yet") .... (Spellweaver and Archmage were both out of Position ..
Dragon noble was Obliterated by Warlock Bombardier and 1 Jezzail Squad
Remaining Bloodletters charged the 20 SotW  and the Overwatch still did not finish them off.
Bloodcrushers and Khorgorath advanced but both failed their charge
Meanwhile the other flank was just outmaneuvering , cause I had run both my Spellweaver and Archmage towards the main fighting before
Skaven Stormfiend with mortar killed 2 or 3 SotW out of the Big Unit,

I won the roll off and could finish off the Bloodcrushers who were just within 12" for the Protective Volley,
Lord of the Deepwood Host and the Waywatchers Command ability go off -  I managed to dispell the Warplightning Vortex with my Archmage who finally had arrived on the main fighting scene.
Due to fighting with the Bloodletters the 20 Man unit of SotW was just a tiny bit out of position to profit from my Stalker of the hidden paths trait.
EG advance forming a nice crescent moon around my Wounded heroes and Archers, SotT advance as well, (Shield of Thorns failed btw)
My Heroes shoot at the Stormfiends and Khorgorath but fail to finish anything off.
My memory gets hazy - anyhow the Warplightning Cannon kills my Waywatcher  - now I have lost the Bonus of his Command ability and the Jezzails pick of one Hero after the other and inflict casualties on my Units with their superior range - but I have to advance. 
Nomad Prince still lives at this point though. However - the Stormfiends with ranged Weapons are buffed and just obliterate my EG ( 1 Fiend with a Ratling Gun Killing 17) the others whitle down my SotW and SotT. then Khorgorath and Fiends Charge - killing my 2 Wound Wayfidner and the Rest of the EG. Prince whiffs his attacks against the Khorgorath later and is Eaten.
We call it off at this point.
I failed to get off any Spells save 1 Elemental Shield which did  nothing, Quicksilver Swords either didn't go off or were dispelled.

I did not intend to do a write up at all - but somehow I found the leisure and was tempted, thanks for the read :)

Edited by Aloth_Corfiser
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

I would like to add a sketchy Battle Report to the List: 
Had a game against two Friends who brought me into Warhammer - One was Playing Khorne, the other Clan Skryre. Apologies if it becomes too incoherent.
As an aside: It was my first time playing the Waystone Pathfinder Battalion and we may have got the deployment rules wrong. In the description it says: "(...)instead of setting up the Units in this Batalion on the battlefield you can place them to one side. In your first Movement Phase set up all of these Units wholly within 6" of the edges of the Battlefield and more than 9" from any enemy Models. (...)"
Now my Interpretation always was that I could only place all the Battalion's Units to one side of the Battlefield and I was always confused that it read "edges" rather than edge - because I was under the impression to choose just one edge in my first Movement Phase.  Maybe not having English as Native Language is a factor in that misunderstanding.  Anyway I was convinced that I would be able to theoretically deploy wholly within 6" of all the edges of the Battlefield - more on that later.

It is interesting that you read setting up "to the side" in a very different way than I do.  I always took it to mean put them somewhere other than in play but in a place that your opponent can see them and know what is lurking about.  The deploying on the edge imo has nothing to do with where the models were put aside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My personal wish: New Sylvaneth BT coming with Wanderers included.

Wouldn’t be totally impossible, a Sylvaneth warband for Underworlds is coming. It would make sense to include Wanderers with Sylvaneth again, and this sold out thing is because of a repackaging of them.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Platypus said:

My personal wish: New Sylvaneth BT coming with Wanderers included.

Wouldn’t be totally impossible, a Sylvaneth warband for Underworlds is coming. It would make sense to include Wanderers with Sylvaneth again, and this sold out thing is because of a repackaging of them.

I hope they don't combine Wanderers with Sylvaneth.  The lore has moved on and we have our own path to tread.  My wish would be for their own stand-alone Battletome.  I wouldn't mind if Kurnoth turned up as a Lord of the Forest Demigod (a sort of Herne or Green Man), which would give some connection to the Sylvaneth.  They could even include a combined Battalion. 

I also have a feeling that a lot of Sylvaneth players wouldn't be too happy either.

Of course, if they do I will embrace it.  After all, it will mean we have a book and, if recent books are anything to go by, you'd probably be able to field pure Wanderers within it should you so wish.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

I hope they don't combine Wanderers with Sylvaneth.  The lore has moved on and we have our own path to tread.  My wish would be for their own stand-alone Battletome.  I wouldn't mind if Kurnoth turned up as a Lord of the Forest Demigod (a sort of Herne or Green Man), which would give some connection to the Sylvaneth.  They could even include a combined Battalion. 

I also have a feeling that a lot of Sylvaneth players wouldn't be too happy either.

Of course, if they do I will embrace it.  After all, it will mean we have a book and, if recent books are anything to go by, you'd probably be able to field pure Wanderers within it should you so wish.

I would like it of the ability to summon wyldwoods and be immune to them was shared.. or even if we had to put a command ability into it to get on of those abilities... allying in a lot of sylvaneth is pointless without decent access to wyldwoods.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

I would like it of the ability to summon wyldwoods and be immune to them was shared.. or even if we had to put a command ability into it to get on of those abilities... allying in a lot of sylvaneth is pointless without decent access to wyldwoods.

When AOS first came out, we had a battalion that gave Wanderers the ability to ignore damage from terrain on a 4+.  They could bring that back.  Alternatively, if we had different tribes, one could have returned to ally with the Sylvaneth and benefit from Wyldwood rules as a result.  Being able to summon and use Wyldwoods would be nice - I simply would rather not have to give up our independent identity in order to achieve it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Aelfric said:

When AOS first came out, we had a battalion that gave Wanderers the ability to ignore damage from terrain on a 4+.  They could bring that back.  Alternatively, if we had different tribes, one could have returned to ally with the Sylvaneth and benefit from Wyldwood rules as a result.  Being able to summon and use Wyldwoods would be nice - I simply would rather not have to give up our independent identity in order to achieve it.

I'd rather double down on the teleporting mobility, cover-based mechanics, and skirmishing fight-on-the-move style that we've got than become an allied faction to another army. If any army is going to survive long-term it needs it's own identity, both thematically and in terms of play-style.

Right now, the army functions well, but it lacks the additional oomph of a signature spell lore, options for casting and magic (spellweaver and an overly expensive unit don't really cut it), and centerpiece models/monsters that any battletome army would have access to, which puts the army on a second-tier position to basically any battletome force. The model range is actually well fleshed-out, but removing access to the dragon and mounted heroes means there's nothing big or impressive about the force - it's ultimately a bunch of Legolases running about. I'd really like some beast riders or otherwise.

A terrain kit, like the waystones that were mentioned earlier in the thread, would be really neat, since that's basically what the army is supposed to be doing lore-wise. If and when the elven factions get some love, even as a soup battletome, I'd love to see some sort of mechanic of that nature.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Seen on the UK webpage.

Glade Guard.png

Hm those models are between 13 and 18 years old. In the worst case the mould broke down. On the other hand, those are the only really old models left in case of the Wanderers (with some finecast heroes as well).

7 hours ago, overtninja said:

I'd rather double down on the teleporting mobility, cover-based mechanics, and skirmishing fight-on-the-move style that we've got than become an allied faction to another army. If any army is going to survive long-term it needs it's own identity, both thematically and in terms of play-style.

It does not have to be either or.  I loved my old wood elves which blended beasts, trees and elves.  I could skew the blend one way or another as suited my mood and the variety was much more fun to paint than an endless queue of archers.

The ideal outcome for me would be a tome that brought back the wardancer/eagles/forest dragon and allowed for wander centered forces while also allowing (perhaps through battalions) for combined sylvaneth/wanderer forces.  To make allied sylvaneth practical the battalion would need to solve the wildwood summoning problem.

Edited by Cynric
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cynric said:

It does not have to be either or.  I loved my old wood elves which blended beasts, trees and elves.  I could skew the blend one way or another as suited my mood and the variety was much more fun to paint than an endless queue of archers.

The ideal outcome for me would be a tome that brought back the wardancer/eagles/forest dragon and allowed for wander centered forces while also allowing (perhaps through battalions) for combined sylvaneth/wanderer forces.  To make allied sylvaneth practical the battalion would need to solve the wildwood summoning problem.

10 hours ago, overtninja said:

Right now, the army functions well, but it lacks the additional oomph of a signature spell lore, options for casting and magic (spellweaver and an overly expensive unit don't really cut it), and centerpiece models/monsters that any battletome army would have access to, which puts the army on a second-tier position to basically any battletome force. The model range is actually well fleshed-out, but removing access to the dragon and mounted heroes means there's nothing big or impressive about the force - it's ultimately a bunch of Legolases running about. I'd really like some beast riders or otherwise.

A terrain kit, like the waystones that were mentioned earlier in the thread, would be really neat, since that's basically what the army is supposed to be doing lore-wise. If and when the elven factions get some love, even as a soup battletome, I'd love to see some sort of mechanic of that nature.

I'm enjoying the current design and playstyle that the Wanderers employ and it would be disappointing  to see sylvaneth mixed back in with them. I like that one teleports into Wildwoods and the others teleport along board edges, and I agree that a battalion is probably the best way to reconnect them. Especially since mixed order is already a thing.  
I do miss the Wardancers but they weren't too different from how I currently play the Wild-Riders. I was also a big fan of the old Sisters of Twilight, but I just use a Wayfinder and Waywatcher to represent that idea (without the dragon and healing mechanics). Wanderers could use a couple things but I like that they fight like evasive guerrillas. 
The most important thing is to give The Wanderers a role to play within the game's setting.  Support for Underworld's and Warcry would both be good and a battletome would be even better. The Wanderers need a compelling motivation to appear in AoS since they aren't like the woodelfs of old. The Wanderers aren't just protecting a magical forest anymore. They don't need to be 'isolationists' in this setting but they do need a good reason for them to leave the woods. The sandbox nature of AoS makes it easy for someone like me to make up a motivation (trophy hunting, trade, recruiting more aelf maidens) but I think the range would be more popular if they were given more inclusion within the game's storylines and events. 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

From the UK:

Dark sphere are now only listing the Wild Riders/Sisters of Thorn box. https://www.darksphere.co.uk/c.php?c=1810

Element games have everything unavailable apart from Wild riders / SotT and SotW / Shadow Warriors box. https://elementgames.co.uk/games-workshop/new-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/forces-of-order-/wanderers

Wayland games is only listing Wild riders/ SotT https://www.waylandgames.co.uk/544-warhammer-age-of-sigmar#/faction-wanderers

I use to be able to get almost everything (apart from metal Hero's) from these shop before. Now all I'm looking for is a couple of box of eternal guard and I can't find them anywhere. Something very odd is going on

Ever since the Glade Guard became no longer available, I've been on tenterhooks.  I am trying very hard not to read too much into it and get over-excited. Still, it's difficult not to speculate that something is in the wings.  After all, they did say that some classic factions would get up-dated.

6 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Ever since the Glade Guard became no longer available, I've been on tenterhooks.  I am trying very hard not to read too much into it and get over-excited. Still, it's difficult not to speculate that something is in the wings.  After all, they did say that some classic factions would get up-dated.

However you don't update a faction by pulling all it's models. I've gone the other way, I fear this is the end for us...

• Sad 1

If they are releasing an Aelf battletome, or they are redoing a bunch of the faction allegiances for the new GA books, I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at repacking a bunch of the models, and perhaps even updating the model ranges a bit. At the very least, they need to release the old elf ranges with circular bases - most of them still come with square bases it seems.

Also, the Glade Guard sprue gives you 16 models, which was normal in WHFB 6E but not otherwise, and even though they still look pretty good, they are 15 years old or so. It might be time to freshen them up, IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GM_Monkey said:

However you don't update a faction by pulling all it's models. I've gone the other way, I fear this is the end for us...

I refuse to be despondent.  I think it is unlikely that they would close a faction with allegiance abilities in the GHB.  All the other kits are still available on GW's official site.  Perhaps they are holding back models to ensure availability once a battletome is released to avoid the demand issues following the Gloomspite Gitz release (I had to wait several weeks for my Fellwater Troggoths).  I think we ought to remain positive for the moment, stay calm and await further information.

• Like 2