AoS 2 - Wanderers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

24 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

-Cities of Sigmar are like Stormcast and can ally with any Order.

This would allow you virtually to ally anything with any thing right? I mean my sylvaneth have hardly any ally options.. but now I could just ally them with dark elves/high elves/dwarves in one of those cities? 

Even wanderers, if I read it correctly

6 hours ago, carnith said:

Slightly disappointed that shadow warriors are in phoenix temples, as I know axed glade guard could've filled their spots nicely. Perhaps there is city where both can be taken.

If all of them are sharing key word- you should be able to fill SW in your wanderers army - not as allies i mean but normal unit

Im more interested with Battalion options for wanderers since all our heroes are gone (?) Except NP that is.

Wonder if we gonna have some mixed battalion options- like Phoenix temle + wanderers since this supposed to be shared book. Maybe shared Battalion for factions living in same city?

Overall i was quite dissapointed with change but im starting to be more and more excited

On 8/5/2019 at 9:13 AM, samkrow76 said:

So, sorry about this but I posted earlier that I just bought a new army and I have a lot of GG and the heroes that were "cut" but my question is; it looks like they are just not being sold. They have points, they have warscrolls, they are still playable... is there any reason at all I cannot use them?

Anything is playable.  It's a game with toy soldiers.  If you aren't playing a tournament that disallows older warscrolls no matter how annoying the naysayers here are, you can use your models in your games.  A local guy has been playing his TK since AoS dropped.  Just get over the negativity.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:21 PM, The Red King said:

That's an optimistic take... we knew they would still be usable until the next GHB when they move them to legacy...

Nothing is stopping people from using older points and warscroll values.  Again, GW isn't coming to your house and taking your models away.

On 8/6/2019 at 12:02 AM, Raffonerd said:

I was planning on converting Glade Guards into Ethernal or better into wild wood rangers. It doesn't seem so hard. 

Tell me what do you thing about this?

I'm getting some Ungors and will convert some of mine to look like those Kournothi aelves and also spam Ungor Raiders :D

On 8/6/2019 at 4:55 AM, Alexispolux said:

Waystone pathfinders battalion is dead as well.

Not really.  I sometimes use Lacillion's Wanton Horde.  Just a game ppl.

On 8/6/2019 at 5:34 AM, Raffonerd said:

Guys, warscrolls are available also for the old wood elfs.

❤️

On 8/14/2019 at 7:20 AM, WABBIT said:

Sad but true. 8th ed woodelves were the best.

6th ed :P  8th ed was GG and Wildrider spam. 

49 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

So I want to try and convert my Glade Guard into SotW, i'm thinking I can get away with just greenstuff'ing the bows to make them look a bit "flamey", thoughts?

That's exactly what I had in mind myself.  I already have 20 SotW, so I'm waiting for the book before deciding whether my GG are going to become SotW or maybe Shadow Warriors, as I don't have any of those, or something else we don't yet know about.  

I have put everything on hold from a Wanderers and Cities perspective until I know which direction to go.  It has meant, however, that I have been able to concentrate on getting my Troggoth army finished ( nearly there ), so it's not been too frustrating.

6 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

That's exactly what I had in mind myself.  I already have 20 SotW, so I'm waiting for the book before deciding whether my GG are going to become SotW or maybe Shadow Warriors, as I don't have any of those, or something else we don't yet know about.  

I have put everything on hold from a Wanderers and Cities perspective until I know which direction to go.  It has meant, however, that I have been able to concentrate on getting my Troggoth army finished ( nearly there ), so it's not been too frustrating.

Spot on buddy, as soon as the culling/news dropped I completely boxed up all my wanderers/wood aelf stuff and will re-assess what to do with it all when the new tome drops, I want to use as many models I own as possible before trying to get rid of them! 

Yeah it's let me focus on pushing out a bunch of Skaven I bought, really close to getting my list fully painted, at which stage there's the other clans... and my Nighthaunt! 😰

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbean said:

Yeah it's let me focus on pushing out a bunch of Skaven I bought, really close to getting my list fully painted, at which stage there's the other clans... and my Nighthaunt! 

Yep, after Troggoths, it'll be more Ironjaws, etc... - I don't think there'll be a point when i run out of grey! :) 

• Like 1

I've playing some games vs gloomspite gitz recently. Well i normaly do decent damage to them but the tought part is when trying to get to objectives, wich normaly becomes a suicide, becouse all of that stabbas and loonsmashas... On top of that, theres that teleporting spell for teleporting troll directictly inside my ***

My list is so average: Nomad, Watcher, Finder, Weaver (singer of spells), and a GladeLord of forest dragon. then 20 eg, 2x 20 gg, and wild riders.

I'm not playing pathfinders couse no models.

sometimes i get first turn to get objectives with eg and wr, thats all i can smell. If i take second turn, maybe i do more damage but then i dont get objectives... any thougts? Ty

On 9/8/2019 at 7:13 PM, GladeRider said:

My list is so average: Nomad, Watcher, Finder, Weaver (singer of spells), and a GladeLord of forest dragon. then 20 eg, 2x 20 gg, and wild riders.

Do you play at 1.5k? 

If you play less then 2k with wanderers, in where you are not able to take the battalion, you need to have at least 20 SoW. If you don't want to use them and you want to win a game, I suggest you to change army :)

I suggest you to try this:

Wwatcher 

general stalker 

Weaver, 20 SoW, 20 x 2 Glade G, Prince, 30 Eg, 5 Wriders, Cp. (1460) (artefact can be know me not, alchemycal chain, starcaster).

Edited by Raffonerd
  • Like 1

Unfortunately I think I'm giving up on Wanderers. I love them, but I don't want to run them as part of Cities and the Kurnothi as a potential future direction don't do it for me in terms of scratching the wood elf itch.* I've built and been painting a Nurgle army as my primary army for now while I've waited on Wanderers, but I think it would do me good to move on from Wanderers emotionally. I think my plan for now is to sell off my unpainted and some of my painted Wanderers (which is a lot of unpainted ones and a few painted ones), keep the few pained ones I just really like (like the Wild Riders from my sig), and wait to see what happens with the Light and Shadow Aelves as a potential replacement down the road.

If, in the future, the Wanderers return in some incarnation that I really like, I will be able to go back in and build the army from scratch. But in the meantime, or if they never truly return in a form that works for me (which ultimately I think will be the case now), it will remove an emotional weight from my hobby-world shoulders.

I hope people don't take this as me being a downer or a quitter as I actually see this as a positive step. I'm not angry at GW or upset with this turn of events. I think AoS in general has moved in a very positive direction and I want to move with it, not hold on to an old army that doesn't really fit anymore. I think this is a good and healthy decision to make and ultimately I will enjoy my hobby more for having made it. 

*Note that I don't mind either the Kurnothi nor Cities of Sigmar. I just don't feel either captures what I want out of Wanderers. 

• Like 1

Well i just got another 5 wild riders, so i get the 1.5k list closed for now and ever: Prince, Watcher, Strider, Finder, Weaver, 20gg, 20gg, 10eg, 10eg, 5ww, 5ww and Pathfinders for total 1440pts.

No sotw for now... (hardcore mode)

Its a pretty easy and funny army to have and it's fully high-level painted :D. If i need to play 2k, i'll just ally GladeLord on ForestDragon, Mercs, etc.

So thats all of Wanderers for me right now... 

COUPLE QUESTIONS PLS. ¿Can i deploy only some of the units of the Batalion at the start of the game and the other in the first turn, or it's all or nothing? ¿Its anything wrong if i don't deploy any unit at all at the start of the game?

I'll send photos. TY

Edited by GladeRider

2 hours ago, Yeled said:

Unfortunately I think I'm giving up on Wanderers. I love them, but I don't want to run them as part of Cities and the Kurnothi as a potential future direction don't do it for me in terms of scratching the wood elf itch.* I've built and been painting a Nurgle army as my primary army for now while I've waited on Wanderers, but I think it would do me good to move on from Wanderers emotionally. I think my plan for now is to sell off my unpainted and some of my painted Wanderers (which is a lot of unpainted ones and a few painted ones), keep the few pained ones I just really like (like the Wild Riders from my sig), and wait to see what happens with the Light and Shadow Aelves as a potential replacement down the road.

If, in the future, the Wanderers return in some incarnation that I really like, I will be able to go back in and build the army from scratch. But in the meantime, or if they never truly return in a form that works for me (which ultimately I think will be the case now), it will remove an emotional weight from my hobby-world shoulders.

I hope people don't take this as me being a downer or a quitter as I actually see this as a positive step. I'm not angry at GW or upset with this turn of events. I think AoS in general has moved in a very positive direction and I want to move with it, not hold on to an old army that doesn't really fit anymore. I think this is a good and healthy decision to make and ultimately I will enjoy my hobby more for having made it. 

*Note that I don't mind either the Kurnothi nor Cities of Sigmar. I just don't feel either captures what I want out of Wanderers. 

Good luck with  Papa Nurgle!  I've been building up my Troggoth army while waiting - nearly complete, 3 more Rockguts to go.  As far as my Wanderers are concerned, they are all boxed up waiting to see if Cities has some inspiration.  Otherwise, they will wait for their time to come again at some point in the future, just like my Greenskins.  I won't sell any painted minis; once a mini is painted it joins the collection and that is its home.  Occasionally, one or two will be given a new home, but I could never sell them - its part of the hobby for me.  

I think it's good to invest in a range of armies.  It gives you variety in play and hobby, and it means you'll  almost always have an army that's right for the moment.  Having said that, I do seem to gravitate towards either Aelves or Orruks most of the time - perhaps it might be time to branch out into say - Death?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Good luck with  Papa Nurgle!  I've been building up my Troggoth army while waiting - nearly complete, 3 more Rockguts to go.  As far as my Wanderers are concerned, they are all boxed up waiting to see if Cities has some inspiration.  Otherwise, they will wait for their time to come again at some point in the future, just like my Greenskins.  I won't sell any painted minis; once a mini is painted it joins the collection and that is its home.  Occasionally, one or two will be given a new home, but I could never sell them - its part of the hobby for me.  

I think it's good to invest in a range of armies.  It gives you variety in play and hobby, and it means you'll  almost always have an army that's right for the moment.  Having said that, I do seem to gravitate towards either Aelves or Orruks most of the time - perhaps it might be time to branch out into say - Death?

I actually agree in terms of selling painted minis. I've sold a bunch of small collections but never sell the ones I've painted.  However I may let go of the 24 glade guard I've painted as I was never in love with the models. We'll see.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GladeRider said:

nly some of the units of the Batalion at the start of the game and the other in the first turn, or it's all or nothing?

No, you can't. it's all or nothing

¿Its anything wrong if i don't deploy any unit at all at the start of the game?

No, there is nothing wrong. 

Edited by Raffonerd

22 hours ago, GladeRider said:

COUPLE QUESTIONS PLS. ¿Can i deploy only some of the units of the Batalion at the start of the game and the other in the first turn, or it's all or nothing? ¿Its anything wrong if i don't deploy any unit at all at the start of the game?

You can split up the battalion. Also keep in mind you don't have to declare where everything in your battalion is going at once  I usually have my wild riders, SotT Nomad Prince and Spell Weaver placed as my first drop or two, and then rest of ranged units in ambush in another drop.  Generally you want some units on the board to try and grab objectives.  

20 hours ago, Tankman said:

You can split up the battalion. Also keep in mind you don't have to declare where everything in your battalion is going at once  I usually have my wild riders, SotT Nomad Prince and Spell Weaver placed as my first drop or two, and then rest of ranged units in ambush in another drop.  Generally you want some units on the board to try and grab objectives.  

This one is correct, it's in the FAQ you can split develop what you want where you want, you also don't have to develop them all at once.

So for example you can go: 1st drop, Wild riders in the hidden pathways, 2nd drop Eternal guard here 3rd drop Nomad prince here. 4th drop SotT and GG in hidden paths rest go here.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 5:55 AM, Cafarom89 said:

the Warhammer underworld centaurs are elves or not?

I don't think we really have any idea what the Kurnothi represent.

What we know: Kurnoth is god of the hunt. The Sylvaneth have Kurnoth Hunters. The Kurnothi look like half aelves half beast satyr/centaur things. 

From that I think GW could go anywhere:

• Maybe a few years down the road they release a new Battletome that launches the Kurnothi, slightly reboots the Sylvaneth, and wraps in the Wanderers. They are three separate factions that can also be used together, kinda like Skaven or the new Orruk book.
  • Maybe the above happens but Wanderers don't get included.
  • Maybe the Kurnothi get their own separate full release with a full battletome and new kits.
  • Maybe the Kurnoth get nothing and they remain a warband in Underworlds.
  • Maybe the Kurnothi get releases and Wanderers join them in a full release.

There is just too little information to have any idea.

• Like 2