AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, Orik Jarlson said:

Thats honestly a great Idea! especial if I wanted to do the Luminark with Wizard option....now to find a Malaki  model that's not going to send me bankrupt 😂

I knew I wasn't the only one with the crazy idea haha. I'd love to see the finished product once you'v made it 

I play KO so i'll probably keep the orbs on top to tie it in with my other airships, but I'm looking at maybe using some spare parts from the gyro-bomber and steam tank to make it seem more steam powered and tied into your Ironweld stuff as well. 

I’m gonna be doing a mock up on paint or gimp soon, I’ll post it here when it’s done!

Working on 2 list options... Mixture of Dispossessed/Kharadron/Stormcast/Gotrek

List 1: Tempest's Eye

Leaders
Aether Khemist - General, +1 to wound trait, no battleshock artefact 140
Knight Incantor 140
Knight Azyros 100

Battleline
20 Arkanauts - skyhooks 240
10 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150
10 Longbeards - shields 110

Behemoth
Celestial Hurricanum 220

Other
9 Endrinriggers 360
Gyrocopter 80
Gyrocopter 80

Screen with Longbeards, also dispell pesky endless spells. Khemist buffs riggers on first turn, send them out to kill and die. Khemist buffs with trait on ranged units and CA to run and shoot on necessary unit. Knight Azyros heads out to screen and provide reroll 1s to hit buff. Every one marches forward shooting. Hurricanum provides +1 to hit, command trait provides +1 to wound. Arkanuats 3+h/2+w/-2r against units, 2+h/2+w/-2r against heroes and monsters. Drakes are 2+h/2+w?-1r. Gyros are slaying horde units and grabbing objectives.

Option 2: Tempest's Eye

Leaders
Aether Khemist - General, +1 to wound trait, no battleshock artefact 140
Knight Azyros 100

Battleline
30 Arkanauts - skyhooks 240
20 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150

Behemoth
Celestial Hurricanum 220

Other
Gotrek 520
Gyrocopter 80

Fewer models, BUT Gotrek! Same battle tactics as above but gotrek rip roars in one direction while the rest of the army focuses in another. Gotrek is so much fun...but he is a lot of points. 30 arkanauts firing twice is brutal with the added buffs. 20 drakes firing 40 shots only missing 1s is brutal.

Would love your thoughts, tips, etc.

• Like 1

Good evening sons of Valaya!

I tested a 2k game versus the new Orruks warclans with a Greywater Fastness 99% duardin list;

Warden king general (4+ command point trait)

2x Runelords

1x Tank with Duardin commander (+1 save artifact)

1x Battlemage (shield of thorns)

30 hammerers

30 Ironbreakers

20 Irondrakes

2x 10 longbearda (1 with shield as a general retinue)

2x Gyrobomber

I went superaggressive, I felt very fast (turn 2 charge on his territory with ironbreakers and hammerers) and lost the objective due to his teleport but that's a new world for us and I got carried a bit...+1 run and charge, wizard support in allegiance with spell lore. The warden king command is VERY good, Hammerers are scary as hell and we can play the mobility game way safer.

I had a bad list tho, we can use the Greywater abilities better then this.

Things that annoied me:

-hammerers battleshock rule wholly within

-runelord runes wholly within

-doing battleshock

Things that I like:

-frigging run freely

-hammerers mortal

-greywater special rune +1 hit for war machines

-I generated 2-3 command /turn

-Gyrobombers in unit and not as single models

- command ability +1 hit for Irondrakes (they hurt with the 2+)

-the 2+ save d3 healing Tank is a unit.

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Good evening sons of Valaya!

I tested a 2k game versus the new Orruks warclans with a Greywater Fastness 99% duardin list;

Oh that sounds interesting. I am planning on doing a similar list, but I will try to go for Tempest Eye:

Warden King 110
Runelord 90
Runelord 90

Battlemage 90

Frostheart Phoenix 220

Irondrakes 300
Irondrakes 300
Ironbreaker 330
Hammerers 360
Longbeards 110

Not sure about the phoenix yet, but my army is ice- and winter-themed and I want a center piece. I planned on going with a Steam Tank, but I think they are only worth it if you take more than one and even then, they dont seem that strong.

• Like 2

Math hammer for steam tank does indicate it is a bit lackluster for its points alas.

You could put the wizard on a hurricanum, it's a great source of mortal wounds and the +1 to hit aura would buff your irondrakes nicely.

Some people are going to convert a frigate with the orrery to make it more dwarfy, I'm thinking of converting one with my ancient wheeled anvil of doom.

Edited by Arkhanist

I am finally inspired by my first love in the game, what do you think ?

Allegiance: Greywater Fastness -

Cogsmith

2x Runelord

Warden King 

Lord-Ordinator 

10 x Ironbreakers

10 x Ironbreakers

20 x Irondrakes 

10 x Longbeards 

10 x Longbeards 

3x Helblaster Volley Gun

Gyrobombers 

BATTALIONS Artillery Detachment

I put the Gyrobomber because im expecting to buy the new Greywater Fastness box.

• Like 1

I've been very optimistic over the last 2 years about Dispossessed changes and I want to be down to earth now:

If you want a "100% duardin" list that is not going to win tournament. BUT play the same game as every other army? Yes we can finally do that. The list I played is in no way tuned for competition but I felt on the same ground as the Orruk player (kinda less when I had to save 30 attacks -1 rend 2 damage from his ardboyz but hey, we can buff units too..)

*mumble and grumbling*

Okay, I'm getting CoS this evening to look closely what it has to give.

MAYBE, I said MAYBE, there is something to do do with our dawis, and I may enjoy it... A bit.

I'll tell you later what comes to my mind.

*rants in the distance* Or maybe I'll get disappointed... Again...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, Enwolved said:

Hey guys,

I am looking for an alternative model for a Battlemage for my dwarfs.

I found these two:

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Dwarf-Wizard-Kael-Stonekindle

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=3193

Does anybody know how big those miniatures are? do they fit? (of course the quality isnt as good as GW)

Any other cool ideas for a dwarf-battlemage?

I use the scibor miniature as a rune priest. I think for heroes the scale works well with GW stuff, but the scibor stuff is way too big to replace units imo. I'd say they are at least a full head taller. 

Here is a gallery of a warband I painted for another game, it has a mix of dwarves from different companies (mainly reaper) but hopefully it helps you get an idea of the scale.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ut58HOs

On 10/4/2019 at 4:18 PM, Furuzzolo said:

I've been very optimistic over the last 2 years about Dispossessed changes and I want to be down to earth now:

If you want a "100% duardin" list that is not going to win tournament. BUT play the same game as every other army? Yes we can finally do that. The list I played is in no way tuned for competition but I felt on the same ground as the Orruk player (kinda less when I had to save 30 attacks -1 rend 2 damage from his ardboyz but hey, we can buff units too..)

I dunno mate, im sure that at least 80% duardin can be competitive. Its just working out what the best list is.

2 hours ago, Broken Netcode said:

I dunno mate, im sure that at least 80% duardin can be competitive. Its just working out what the best list is.

Ofc! I'm talking about a 100% Dispossessed list. I know a lot of people here would love to be able to field only Dispossessed and be competitive ( and for a long time I was on the same page) but if you're willing to add free people models in term of artillery or mages or Hurricanum/luminark or whatever, you got it, we have a very good shot! ....and I mean a VERY good shot. If you're open to some mixing that book is the best oportunity we had since AoS lauch.

51 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Ofc! I'm talking about a 100% Dispossessed list. I know a lot of people here would love to be able to field only Dispossessed and be competitive ( and for a long time I was on the same page) but if you're willing to add free people models in term of artillery or mages or Hurricanum/luminark or whatever, you got it, we have a very good shot! ....and I mean a VERY good shot. If you're open to some mixing that book is the best oportunity we had since AoS lauch.

Well having had a good look at the book, I think there could definitely be some good tricks you can count on.

for example the living city has the battletrait that allows you to set up a unit in reserve, that then can be set up onto the battlefield at the end of the movement phase wholly within 6 of the edge and more then 9inches away from any enemy.

Firedrakes who can shoot twice when they didn't move will love the, the set up rule here, now able to shoot the most terrifying units of the board turn 1.

and with one of the living city commandtrait you’ll be able to get a duardin wizard😉

or greywater fastness can be devastating as well, being ablt to grand nearby units a reroll of 1 to hit in the shooting phase will make the drakes much better, especially with the bonus on the range of their range weapons (19inch range isn’t something you can laugh at).

you might not be able to shoot twice with them in the first turn, but can at least move them to a good position to shoot the enemy for 2-3turns.

I think a good change against competitive games with a full out duardin force is possible, although winning with them every battle won’t be easy and may need a bit of luck.

but all of those possibilities for the dwarfs make them irresistible good, and like most not played armies or lists out there, they will be often be misjudged, another advantage for you dwarf players.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well having had a good look at the book, I think there could definitely be some good tricks you can count on.

for example the living city has the battletrait that allows you to set up a unit in reserve, that then can be set up onto the battlefield at the end of the movement phase wholly within 6 of the edge and more then 9inches away from any enemy.

Firedrakes who can shoot twice when they didn't move will love the, the set up rule here, now able to shoot the most terrifying units of the board turn 1.

and with one of the living city commandtrait you’ll be able to get a duardin wizard😉

or greywater fastness can be devastating as well, being ablt to grand nearby units a reroll of 1 to hit in the shooting phase will make the drakes much better, especially with the bonus on the range of their range weapons (19inch range isn’t something you can laugh at).

you might not be able to shoot twice with them in the first turn, but can at least move them to a good position to shoot the enemy for 2-3turns.

I think a good change against competitive games with a full out duardin force is possible, although winning with them every battle won’t be easy and may need a bit of luck.

but all of those possibilities for the dwarfs make them irresistible good, and like most not played armies or lists out there, they will be often be misjudged, another advantage for you dwarf players.

I dont believe luck is really a factor here, more player skill. Dispossessed being a very good hammer and anvil army just means we will need to play in a very offensive way to make sure we get our way on the field.

So anyone else think taking Drakes with living city battle trait to allow teleporting Drakes to blow up anything. Also seeing how the teleport doesnt count as moving (wording) they can double tap. So 10 dudes 20 shots 2 of which are cannon shots especially when attacking monsters its pretty cray. Now imagine 4 units of 10 popping up and basically deleting anything.  

Quick list I put together and I want an opinion. Idea is to move 1 Runelord with the staff as a companion to the Steam Tank to buff it and keep it healed as well as on unit on the side. The other side is a steady dwarven advance of artillery with bulk of the army, doing my best to make the artillery the center of my line and shoot the living bejesus out of everything in between

Greywater Fastness

Realm of Ghyran

Batallion: Greywater Artillery Battery 120 Points

Heroes

General: Warden King with Steam Piston Plate, Drillmaster Trait 110 points

Runelord Adjutant with Wand of Restoration 90 Points

Runelord 90 Points

Lord-Ordinator 140

Cogsmith 60

Battleline

Hammerersx20 280 Points

Ironbreakersx20 260 Points

Irondrakesx20 300 Points

LongbeardsGW×10 110 points

Artillery

Helblaster Volleygun 120 Points

Behemoths

Steamtank 200 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broken Netcode said:

I dont believe luck is really a factor here, more player skill. Dispossessed being a very good hammer and anvil army just means we will need to play in a very offensive way to make sure we get our way on the field.

Nor do I believe in luck, but having seen a keeper of secrets attacking three times in a row and failing to do a single wound onto my Stormvermin, is something I don’t think can be called “a players skills”, so I’ll just be preferring to words known as luck and bad luck,

since under and over average rolling can be a factor in a game as well.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

5 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Nor do I believe in luck, but having seen a keeper of secrets attacking three times in a row and failing to do a single wound onto my Stormvermin, is something I don’t think can be called “a players skills”, so I’ll just be preferring to words known as luck and bad luck,

since under and over average rolling can be a factor in a game as well.

You know what, fair enough! There is a lot of RNG in this game and I simply passed it off as how the dice are and never really thought of it as luck. 

After reviewing the cities book I think I have a list to start with for a more combat orientated playstyle.

Leaning hammerhal for command point battery  (1 extra with the command trait 1st round, 4+ near adjutant, and 6+ for each bannerman), throwing +1 attacks on anything warden can reach, piling in again at the end of combat, ect. 

Other things I'm unsure about: ironbreakers in 10s vs 20s and irondrakes in 10s vs 20s now that they dont get a bonus for being 10+

I started out taking foot battlemage just for soulscream bridge to teleport  irondrakes (doesnt count as a move), but why not make him a speedy flying combat hero by putting him on a griffon to charge in once his bridge is down? Palisade is just there to fill points/ utility. Still not sure if I should take foot battlemage instead and just add more bodies.

Betting a lot on soulscream bridge dropping and thinking it might be better to max out the irondrakes to make better use of the teleport.

Thoughts?

Spoiler

Allegiance: Cities of Sigmar
- City: Hammerhal

Leaders
Warden King (110)
- General
- Trait: Academiate Prodigy
Runelord (90)
- City Role: General's Adjutant (Must be 6 wounds or less)
Runelord (90)
Battlemage on Griffon (300)
- Artefact: The Twinstone
- Spell: Lore of Cinder - Twin-tailed Comet (Hammerhal Wizard)

Battleline
10 x Longbeards (110)
- Ancestral Weapons & Shields
- City Role: Honoured Retinue (Must be 5-20 models)
30 x Hammerers (360)
20 x Ironbreakers (260)
20 x Ironbreakers (260)
10 x Irondrakes (150)
10 x Irondrakes (150)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Soulscream Bridge (80)
Prismatic Palisade (30)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 128

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 2

On 10/7/2019 at 4:00 AM, Bladedwind said:

Have you considered the battalion? You are already bringing a Cogsmith+two artilleries and Ordinators! Good list tho.

9 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Betting a lot on soulscream bridge dropping and thinking it might be better to max out the irondrakes to make better use of the teleport.

The idea is good, the plan is the dear and old pickaxe drop but I'm always suspicious about plans the revolve on a single spell.  I like the Hammerall roulette and the possibility to gain some extra command but have you considered the living city? Seems to do what you want for free! (And the hammerhal command is way too restrictive)

6 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Have you considered the battalion? You are already bringing a Cogsmith+two artilleries and Ordinators! Good list tho.

It's on the list lol. That's part of why I want 2 pieces. I may drop the tank and lean into it more.

That said I'm considering making the Cogsmith the general so I'm less restricted, though that means losing Hammerers as Battleline

Edited by Bladedwind