Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Recommended Posts

I love

7 hours ago, Azamar said:

Reposting from the Kharadrons thread- a list I’ve been thinking about this morning.

 

I like the idea of using tempest’s eye to make a true combined duardin list- something like (if I’ve got the new points right):

warden king (general)

Runelord

Runelord

battle line:

30 ironbreakers

30 hammerers

10  longbeards 

others:

10 grundstock thunderers

kharadron frigate

3 gyrocopters

allies:

grimwrath berserker

10 hearthguard berserkers 

 

How well that would synergise with the tempest eye’s rule’s I don’t know- I may well be better splitting the dispossessed into smaller units,  but I like the idea of having a combination of fast objective grabbers (gyrocopters and the Kharadrons), heavy hitters to grind up the field (berserkers and the hammerers) and a meaty block of ironbreakers in Defense (ok they’ve been inexplicably nerfed, but 30 models with a 3+ save/ 6+ invun, and battleshock immunity if I hang the king back, is still tough to shift. 

I LOVE this idea. I'm fluffing my free city as a majority duardin fortress called Khazad Dal-Valai, founded to be a safe haven in the wilds of Ghur.  The city keeps a strong airforce of gyrocopters and kharadron airships to cover ground quickly and keep the beast population in the surrounding areas in check. Unusually hospitable for dwarves, the worship a half-remembered conception of the old goddess Valaya and believe that someday she will return to be Sigmar's consort, who they also venerate. 

I'm gonna get some kharadron airships and run them with steam tank rules XD or i might just run them as airships with Tempest Eye rules, haven't decided yet.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm positive about all of  these changes. Only Ironbreakers got a nerf but I've always felt they were overrated on the table. 

Warden King's Oathstone is better. Make Hammerers (who are better now) his retinue and look out! Runelord is nuts, grabbing a second one. Irondrakes are gonna be awesome if they can double-tap off the Bridge spell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the changes, I am going to use my Thorgrim Grudgebearer as something. I think I will say he is a powerful rune mage and run him as a Celestial Hurricanum (on the right size base) so he fits in with my dwarves.  As for the movement, his bearers are just magically enhanced runners. 😀

If I can think of something else, I will try it.

 

  • LOVE IT! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

I am looking for an alternative model for a Battlemage for my dwarfs.

I found these two:

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Dwarf-Wizard-Kael-Stonekindle

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=3193

Does anybody know how big those miniatures are? do they fit? (of course the quality isnt as good as GW)

Any other cool ideas for a dwarf-battlemage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm toying with the idea using a Overlords frigate/ironclad as a base for  a Dwarven Luminark conversion .  I'll have a large cannon running down the length of the ship (like the Wave Motion Gun from space battleship Yamato) to represent the searing light  array. 

lore wise It'll basically be the brainchild of a disgraced mad scientist, and a engineer aspiering to fame and fortune crazy enough to think he can actualy make it work. They take their creation from battlefeild to battlefield truly test it....after being band from doing so within city limits after one too many accidents

And to any pointy ears who complain sufficiently advanced science is often confused for magic ;) 

Yamato_2199_First_Liftoff.png

Edited by Orik Jarlson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Orik Jarlson said:

I'm toying with the idea using a Overlords frigate/ironclad as a base for  a Dwarven Luminark conversion .  I'll have a large cannon running down the length of the ship (like the Wave Motion Gun from space battleship Yamato) to represent the searing light  array. 

lore wise It'll basically be a prototype vessel designed by a crazy, somewhat mad engineer who's then decided that the battlefeilds the best place to truly test it.....  after all sufficiently advanced science is often confused for magic ;) 

Yamato_2199_First_Liftoff.png

If you got Malaki you can put him on the deck since he is a slayer engineer and invent some cool stuff.

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Orik Jarlson said:

I'm toying with the idea using a Overlords frigate/ironclad as a base for  a Dwarven Luminark conversion .  I'll have a large cannon running down the length of the ship (like the Wave Motion Gun from space battleship Yamato) to represent the searing light  array. 

lore wise It'll basically be the brainchild of a disgraced mad scientist, and a engineer aspiering to fame and fortune crazy enough to think he can actualy make it work. They take their creation from battlefeild to battlefield truly test it....after being band from doing so within city limits after one too many accidents

And to any pointy ears who complain sufficiently advanced science is often confused for magic ;) 

Yamato_2199_First_Liftoff.png

Im doing the same idea but as a Celestial Hurricanum! Im gonna use the Frigate but with the levitation orbs removed, the Hurricanum satellite as a sort of gyroscope on top of where the engine bay is, and then helicopter rotors im going to make out of plasticard so that it can match the 6 gyrocopters im going to be using in all my lists. 

The lore for mine is that the Kharadrons gifted one Frigate to the Greywater Fastness after the Dwarfs saved their bacon in some scenario. The Dwarfs then decided that levitation orbs are magic, and turned the Frigate into a mothership gyrocopter.

  • LOVE IT! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love these ideas and I’m so happy to get a chance to incorporate some KO into my army without having to go all in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

If you got Malaki you can put him on the deck since he is a slayer engineer and invent some cool stuff.

Thats honestly a great Idea! especial if I wanted to do the Luminark with Wizard option....now to find a Malaki  model that's not going to send me bankrupt 😂

12 hours ago, Broken Netcode said:

Im doing the same idea but as a Celestial Hurricanum! Im gonna use the Frigate but with the levitation orbs removed, the Hurricanum satellite as a sort of gyroscope on top of where the engine bay is, and then helicopter rotors im going to make out of plasticard so that it can match the 6 gyrocopters im going to be using in all my lists. 

The lore for mine is that the Kharadrons gifted one Frigate to the Greywater Fastness after the Dwarfs saved their bacon in some scenario. The Dwarfs then decided that levitation orbs are magic, and turned the Frigate into a mothership gyrocopter.

I knew I wasn't the only one with the crazy idea haha. I'd love to see the finished product once you'v made it 

I play KO so i'll probably keep the orbs on top to tie it in with my other airships, but I'm looking at maybe using some spare parts from the gyro-bomber and steam tank to make it seem more steam powered and tied into your Ironweld stuff as well. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orik Jarlson said:

Thats honestly a great Idea! especial if I wanted to do the Luminark with Wizard option....now to find a Malaki  model that's not going to send me bankrupt 😂

I knew I wasn't the only one with the crazy idea haha. I'd love to see the finished product once you'v made it 

I play KO so i'll probably keep the orbs on top to tie it in with my other airships, but I'm looking at maybe using some spare parts from the gyro-bomber and steam tank to make it seem more steam powered and tied into your Ironweld stuff as well. 

 

I’m gonna be doing a mock up on paint or gimp soon, I’ll post it here when it’s done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on 2 list options... Mixture of Dispossessed/Kharadron/Stormcast/Gotrek

List 1: Tempest's Eye

Leaders
Aether Khemist - General, +1 to wound trait, no battleshock artefact 140
Knight Incantor 140
Knight Azyros 100

Battleline
20 Arkanauts - skyhooks 240
10 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150
10 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150
10 Longbeards - shields 110
10 Longbeards - shields 110

Behemoth
Celestial Hurricanum 220

Other
9 Endrinriggers 360
Gyrocopter 80
Gyrocopter 80

Screen with Longbeards, also dispell pesky endless spells. Khemist buffs riggers on first turn, send them out to kill and die. Khemist buffs with trait on ranged units and CA to run and shoot on necessary unit. Knight Azyros heads out to screen and provide reroll 1s to hit buff. Every one marches forward shooting. Hurricanum provides +1 to hit, command trait provides +1 to wound. Arkanuats 3+h/2+w/-2r against units, 2+h/2+w/-2r against heroes and monsters. Drakes are 2+h/2+w?-1r. Gyros are slaying horde units and grabbing objectives.

 

Option 2: Tempest's Eye

Leaders
Aether Khemist - General, +1 to wound trait, no battleshock artefact 140
Knight Azyros 100

Battleline
30 Arkanauts - skyhooks 240
20 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150
10 Irondrakes - grudgehammer 150
10 Longbeards - shields 110

Behemoth
Celestial Hurricanum 220

Other
Gotrek 520
Gyrocopter 80

Fewer models, BUT Gotrek! Same battle tactics as above but gotrek rip roars in one direction while the rest of the army focuses in another. Gotrek is so much fun...but he is a lot of points. 30 arkanauts firing twice is brutal with the added buffs. 20 drakes firing 40 shots only missing 1s is brutal.

Would love your thoughts, tips, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening sons of Valaya!

I tested a 2k game versus the new Orruks warclans with a Greywater Fastness 99% duardin list;

Warden king general (4+ command point trait)

2x Runelords

1x Tank with Duardin commander (+1 save artifact)

1x Battlemage (shield of thorns)

30 hammerers

30 Ironbreakers

20 Irondrakes

2x 10 longbearda (1 with shield as a general retinue)

2x Gyrobomber

 

I went superaggressive, I felt very fast (turn 2 charge on his territory with ironbreakers and hammerers) and lost the objective due to his teleport but that's a new world for us and I got carried a bit...+1 run and charge, wizard support in allegiance with spell lore. The warden king command is VERY good, Hammerers are scary as hell and we can play the mobility game way safer.

I had a bad list tho, we can use the Greywater abilities better then this.

Things that annoied me:

-hammerers battleshock rule wholly within

-runelord runes wholly within

-doing battleshock

 

Things that I like:

-frigging run freely

-hammerers mortal

-greywater special rune +1 hit for war machines

-I generated 2-3 command /turn

-Gyrobombers in unit and not as single models

- command ability +1 hit for Irondrakes (they hurt with the 2+)

-the 2+ save d3 healing Tank is a unit.

 

 

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Good evening sons of Valaya!

I tested a 2k game versus the new Orruks warclans with a Greywater Fastness 99% duardin list;

Oh that sounds interesting. I am planning on doing a similar list, but I will try to go for Tempest Eye:

Warden King 110
Runelord 90
Runelord 90
   
Battlemage 90
   
Frostheart Phoenix 220
   
Irondrakes 300
Irondrakes 300
Ironbreaker 330
Hammerers 360
Longbeards 110
   
  2000

Not sure about the phoenix yet, but my army is ice- and winter-themed and I want a center piece. I planned on going with a Steam Tank, but I think they are only worth it if you take more than one and even then, they dont seem that strong.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Math hammer for steam tank does indicate it is a bit lackluster for its points alas.

You could put the wizard on a hurricanum, it's a great source of mortal wounds and the +1 to hit aura would buff your irondrakes nicely.

Some people are going to convert a frigate with the orrery to make it more dwarfy, I'm thinking of converting one with my ancient wheeled anvil of doom.

 

Edited by Arkhanist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I dont really like the Hurricanum, but it seems pretty good tbh.. 

I still need a Dwarf Battlemage, but I dont have a good idea for a conversion yet.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finally inspired by my first love in the game, what do you think ?

Allegiance: Greywater Fastness -

Cogsmith

2x Runelord

Warden King 

Lord-Ordinator 

10 x Ironbreakers

10 x Ironbreakers

20 x Irondrakes 

10 x Longbeards 

10 x Longbeards 

3x Helblaster Volley Gun

Gyrobombers 

BATTALIONS Artillery Detachment

 I put the Gyrobomber because im expecting to buy the new Greywater Fastness box.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These kind of creative and exciting lists are why I am thrilled to see what Cities have done for Dispossessed. We are gonna be kicking ass on the board again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been very optimistic over the last 2 years about Dispossessed changes and I want to be down to earth now:

If you want a "100% duardin" list that is not going to win tournament. BUT play the same game as every other army? Yes we can finally do that. The list I played is in no way tuned for competition but I felt on the same ground as the Orruk player (kinda less when I had to save 30 attacks -1 rend 2 damage from his ardboyz but hey, we can buff units too..)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*mumble and grumbling*

Okay, I'm getting CoS this evening to look closely what it has to give.

MAYBE, I said MAYBE, there is something to do do with our dawis, and I may enjoy it... A bit.

I'll tell you later what comes to my mind.

*rants in the distance* Or maybe I'll get disappointed... Again...

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, Enwolved said:

Hey guys,

I am looking for an alternative model for a Battlemage for my dwarfs.

I found these two:

https://www.fantasywelt.de/Dwarf-Wizard-Kael-Stonekindle

https://www.sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=3193

Does anybody know how big those miniatures are? do they fit? (of course the quality isnt as good as GW)

Any other cool ideas for a dwarf-battlemage?

I use the scibor miniature as a rune priest. I think for heroes the scale works well with GW stuff, but the scibor stuff is way too big to replace units imo. I'd say they are at least a full head taller. 

 

Here is a gallery of a warband I painted for another game, it has a mix of dwarves from different companies (mainly reaper) but hopefully it helps you get an idea of the scale.

https://imgur.com/gallery/ut58HOs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to build my own battlemage in the end and I am pretty happy with how he turned out, (not glued on the base yet).

I used an old dwarf thunderer model, build him a staff with bits from Battlemage and sculpted him a hat. 

372F8426-95AB-4BCB-B5F0-F9D7B78EED24.jpeg

C78065B2-44D9-4A5B-8AF0-33BD9D446F40.jpeg

C431D4DA-B409-4962-AD7F-5C75AF638E77.jpeg

5B617CBD-D3A6-4646-BD79-BB0E7821851A.jpeg

2AD9D914-F455-4CD5-BACC-93159366D886.jpeg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2019 at 4:18 PM, Furuzzolo said:

I've been very optimistic over the last 2 years about Dispossessed changes and I want to be down to earth now:

If you want a "100% duardin" list that is not going to win tournament. BUT play the same game as every other army? Yes we can finally do that. The list I played is in no way tuned for competition but I felt on the same ground as the Orruk player (kinda less when I had to save 30 attacks -1 rend 2 damage from his ardboyz but hey, we can buff units too..)

I dunno mate, im sure that at least 80% duardin can be competitive. Its just working out what the best list is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Broken Netcode said:

I dunno mate, im sure that at least 80% duardin can be competitive. Its just working out what the best list is.

Ofc! I'm talking about a 100% Dispossessed list. I know a lot of people here would love to be able to field only Dispossessed and be competitive ( and for a long time I was on the same page) but if you're willing to add free people models in term of artillery or mages or Hurricanum/luminark or whatever, you got it, we have a very good shot! ....and I mean a VERY good shot. If you're open to some mixing that book is the best oportunity we had since AoS lauch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Ofc! I'm talking about a 100% Dispossessed list. I know a lot of people here would love to be able to field only Dispossessed and be competitive ( and for a long time I was on the same page) but if you're willing to add free people models in term of artillery or mages or Hurricanum/luminark or whatever, you got it, we have a very good shot! ....and I mean a VERY good shot. If you're open to some mixing that book is the best oportunity we had since AoS lauch.

Well having had a good look at the book, I think there could definitely be some good tricks you can count on.

for example the living city has the battletrait that allows you to set up a unit in reserve, that then can be set up onto the battlefield at the end of the movement phase wholly within 6 of the edge and more then 9inches away from any enemy.

Firedrakes who can shoot twice when they didn't move will love the, the set up rule here, now able to shoot the most terrifying units of the board turn 1.

and with one of the living city commandtrait you’ll be able to get a duardin wizard😉

or greywater fastness can be devastating as well, being ablt to grand nearby units a reroll of 1 to hit in the shooting phase will make the drakes much better, especially with the bonus on the range of their range weapons (19inch range isn’t something you can laugh at).

you might not be able to shoot twice with them in the first turn, but can at least move them to a good position to shoot the enemy for 2-3turns.

I think a good change against competitive games with a full out duardin force is possible, although winning with them every battle won’t be easy and may need a bit of luck.

but all of those possibilities for the dwarfs make them irresistible good, and like most not played armies or lists out there, they will be often be misjudged, another advantage for you dwarf players.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well having had a good look at the book, I think there could definitely be some good tricks you can count on.

for example the living city has the battletrait that allows you to set up a unit in reserve, that then can be set up onto the battlefield at the end of the movement phase wholly within 6 of the edge and more then 9inches away from any enemy.

Firedrakes who can shoot twice when they didn't move will love the, the set up rule here, now able to shoot the most terrifying units of the board turn 1.

and with one of the living city commandtrait you’ll be able to get a duardin wizard😉

or greywater fastness can be devastating as well, being ablt to grand nearby units a reroll of 1 to hit in the shooting phase will make the drakes much better, especially with the bonus on the range of their range weapons (19inch range isn’t something you can laugh at).

you might not be able to shoot twice with them in the first turn, but can at least move them to a good position to shoot the enemy for 2-3turns.

I think a good change against competitive games with a full out duardin force is possible, although winning with them every battle won’t be easy and may need a bit of luck.

but all of those possibilities for the dwarfs make them irresistible good, and like most not played armies or lists out there, they will be often be misjudged, another advantage for you dwarf players.

I dont believe luck is really a factor here, more player skill. Dispossessed being a very good hammer and anvil army just means we will need to play in a very offensive way to make sure we get our way on the field.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...