AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

That isnt a skill of ironbreackers.

Right now you can field dispossesed in a living city alegiance and enter to the game in flanks or forests. So nothing new.

Also that starter is horrible to me,because i got two of the firestorms box(had 2xironbreackers boxes,1xgyrocopter and 1xking) so this starter have zero interest to me,i would have prefered longbeards.

Also no word about the deleted units

Yeah, they're gone and there is nothing more to it. But @prochuvi is constantly negative about anything. Remember that even if that  SC! is not interesting for you it doesn't mean it's bad. I don't have any Duardin so it is perfect for me. GW is not going to check your collection and say "well, that guy already has those units, better put something else in the box." Ironbreakers will be probably Battleline units and that's why they're in the box.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, I'm super excited for the new start collecting box. I wanted to start a dwarf army in 8th but couldn't afford it and then with AoS I've been waiting for them to get updated rules.

I'm surprised at the negativity considering they're getting warscroll rewrites, a new battletome, and a SC box but I suppose if any thread is going to be full of old grumblers it would be this one.

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Yeah, I'm super excited for the new start collecting box. I wanted to start a dwarf army in 8th but couldn't afford it and then with AoS I've been waiting for them to get updated rules.

I'm surprised at the negativity considering they're getting warscroll rewrites, a new battletome, and a SC box but I suppose if any thread is going to be full of old grumblers it would be this one.

I'm negative about CoS because half of my army is gone and I lost my favorite models (being playable) because of it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Try Open Play or are your only a tournament player?

I usually only play matched play. I just hate being dragged along for years thinking I might get a Dispossessed battletome only to see my army I had spent time painting and lots of money buying get cut to below even 500 points. This tome is forcing soup upon people who don't want it. I want to just play pure duardin but my artillery has been taken from me and my cheap chaff eliminated.  

I think it's best to look at this positively. They could have just released the book and been done with it. Instead we got a box that's a fairly good value overall, and shows the unified dwarven troops of what we do have left. (Though sadly I own a lot of each model already)

I think it's time to move forward and start thinking of the future. This is a great value for those on the fence about the faction.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I usually only play matched play. I just hate being dragged along for years thinking I might get a Dispossessed battletome only to see my army I had spent time painting and lots of money buying get cut to below even 500 points. This tome is forcing soup upon people who don't want it. I want to just play pure duardin but my artillery has been taken from me and my cheap chaff eliminated.  

It seems that you still can:

-Play Dispossessed with GHB2019 rules (with dwarf warriors and everything). Still legal until the next GHB. 
-Play Cities of Sigmar with only Duardin miniatures. Maybe even convert units from other factions if you are on this side of the hobby to have more options. 
-Play GA: Order using compendium units: Take the rune anvil, slayers, canons, grudgethrowers, etc... 

Cities of Sigmar will be the one that has the most potential for tournaments, the other two are far behind. If you play narrative games (even using points and matched play rules), then you can still have some fun games.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

I am absolutely going to run my thunderers as freeguild handgunners and run the warriors as...something else and im going to stick a dwarf in my steam tank and I dare anyone try to stop me 

it really sucks they boned us like this but the resilience of the dawi will win out in the end

5 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

You could still do an all Duardin army w/Gotrek, all the remaining Dispo, Gyros, and Steam Tanks. Would be pretty lethal.

They did squat my Order Draconis army so I get the resentment.

yeah that was extremely uncool but I'm turning my dragon princes into blood knights

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

The Dispossessed/Wanderer squatting had a lot in common. Unlike the High Aelf, uh, "trimming" they are left with a mostly intact army. If you're a new player it's not a huge deal, you just buy Sisters of the Watch instead of Glade Guard, or Longbeards/IronDrakes instead of Warriors and Thunderers. If you were already playing the army and had dozens of the old models, it's a huge blow.

Because of that there is naturally a huge divide on the perceived impact depending on your perspective.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, michu said:

Why? Use axe as a sword, shield as a, well, shield, I'm sure if you tell your opponent before they won't be making any problems.

I guess, but all mine are two handed. My biggest issue is I play this game as a simulation. I want everything to really represent what is going on. I know lots of people with say that is stupid and the game isn't made to be one, but that's how I play. This is why I'm loving the rules for Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game more and more as I play it. It's far closer to a simulation. I play for the cinematic spectacle (a diorama in motion I like to call it) and having to pretend my warriors are free guild soldiers with swords and shields and the weapon profiles not matching really breaks the game for me. 

• Thanks 1