Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

If you like dwarfs and are at least ok with the idea of trees, then please check out this blog interview I conducted with @Brad Gammadetailing his Gharuki Forest Duardin, the undisputed best round based army of short guys with beards I've ever seen (speaking as a Squat player):

https://doublemisfire.blogspot.com/2019/09/city-spotlight-chris-burwoods-gharuki.html

• Like 3

Hey guys. Question for you. I can't seem to find the errata about our Irondrake. It used to be ''they can't shot twice if they moved''. But I keep reading everywhere they can now move and still shot twice (unless they have ennemies within 3' or less than 10 figurines). Where was that rules modified? I was wondering if others rules where changed that way? 

8 hours ago, VonBenny said:

Hey guys. Question for you. I can't seem to find the errata about our Irondrake. It used to be ''they can't shot twice if they moved''. But I keep reading everywhere they can now move and still shot twice (unless they have ennemies within 3' or less than 10 figurines). Where was that rules modified? I was wondering if others rules where changed that way? 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/age_of_sigmar_grand_alliance_order_errata_en.pdf :)

Not that is has any bearing on gameplay, but Gotrek is being listed under Dispossessed. Just found that a bit interesting.

gotrek dispossessed.png

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Dispossessed army.  I had a few dwarves back in Warhammer Fantasy and I came back to the hobby about 1 year ago. I started with Chaos and Death, but now its time for Order and I think there still nothing that I like more than them.
I know CoS is coming, so I'll wait for the book to drop.

But isnt it in general a problem, that all the stuff, thats left now (I think its still enough to build a solid army - I dont have a problem with Warriors etc beeing gone) is web exclusive and you dont get any discount on all the boxes? That makes them really expensive unfortunately  o_O

Because I am afraid I need like 10 Boxes to build a proper 2k army..  

1 minute ago, Enwolved said:

Hey guys,

I was thinking about starting a Dispossessed army.  I had a few dwarves back in Warhammer Fantasy and I came back to the hobby about 1 year ago. I started with Chaos and Death, but now its time for Order and I think there still nothing that I like more than them.
I know CoS is coming, so I'll wait for the book to drop.

But isnt it in general a problem, that all the stuff, thats left now (I think its still enough to build a solid army - I dont have a problem with Warriors etc beeing gone) is web exclusive and you dont get any discount on all the boxes? That makes them really expensive unfortunately  o_O

Because I am afraid I need like 10 Boxes to build a proper 2k army..  

Yeah, they are expensive. Check Ebay for discounts unless you want to support a local store or something. Personally I think Dispossessed are more or less dead at this point and are just being thrown in a book with the other rejects just to get them over with. Don't expect to win the vast majority of your games playing pure dorf. I know you want to start Dispossessed, but I would stay away if possible even as much as I loved this army myself when there was still hope. 

I would say Dispossessed still have a role in some way, even with the CoS merge. I'm waiting to see what kind of rules we getvif any, or new Batallions to help us out.

But yes, they are an expensive faction to play, I can confirm this

Interesting
"A Living City army, for instance, could consist of battalions of hardy Dispossessed Ironbreakers ambushing from the flanks"

That isnt a skill of ironbreackers.

Right now you can field dispossesed in a living city alegiance and enter to the game in flanks or forests. So nothing new.

Also that starter is horrible to me,because i got two of the firestorms box(had 2xironbreackers boxes,1xgyrocopter and 1xking) so this starter have zero interest to me,i would have prefered longbeards.

Also no word about the deleted units

17 hours ago, prochuvi said:

Also no word about the deleted units

What do you mean? 

Edited by Beliman

Yeah, they're gone and there is nothing more to it. But @prochuvi is constantly negative about anything. Remember that even if that  SC! is not interesting for you it doesn't mean it's bad. I don't have any Duardin so it is perfect for me. GW is not going to check your collection and say "well, that guy already has those units, better put something else in the box." Ironbreakers will be probably Battleline units and that's why they're in the box.

Edited by michu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It looks to be a good box with savings if it's still priced as the other SC boxes. It's a $150 value box in the US.  

Yeah, I'm super excited for the new start collecting box. I wanted to start a dwarf army in 8th but couldn't afford it and then with AoS I've been waiting for them to get updated rules.

I'm surprised at the negativity considering they're getting warscroll rewrites, a new battletome, and a SC box but I suppose if any thread is going to be full of old grumblers it would be this one.

1 hour ago, Forrix said:

Yeah, I'm super excited for the new start collecting box. I wanted to start a dwarf army in 8th but couldn't afford it and then with AoS I've been waiting for them to get updated rules.

I'm surprised at the negativity considering they're getting warscroll rewrites, a new battletome, and a SC box but I suppose if any thread is going to be full of old grumblers it would be this one.

I'm negative about CoS because half of my army is gone and I lost my favorite models (being playable) because of it. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I'm negative about CoS because half of my army is gone and I lost my favorite models (being playable) because of it. 

Try Open Play or are your only a tournament player?

2 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

Try Open Play or are your only a tournament player?

I usually only play matched play. I just hate being dragged along for years thinking I might get a Dispossessed battletome only to see my army I had spent time painting and lots of money buying get cut to below even 500 points. This tome is forcing soup upon people who don't want it. I want to just play pure duardin but my artillery has been taken from me and my cheap chaff eliminated.  

I think it's best to look at this positively. They could have just released the book and been done with it. Instead we got a box that's a fairly good value overall, and shows the unified dwarven troops of what we do have left. (Though sadly I own a lot of each model already)

I think it's time to move forward and start thinking of the future. This is a great value for those on the fence about the faction.

• Like 2

You could still do an all Duardin army w/Gotrek, all the remaining Dispo, Gyros, and Steam Tanks. Would be pretty lethal.

They did squat my Order Draconis army so I get the resentment.

10 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I usually only play matched play. I just hate being dragged along for years thinking I might get a Dispossessed battletome only to see my army I had spent time painting and lots of money buying get cut to below even 500 points. This tome is forcing soup upon people who don't want it. I want to just play pure duardin but my artillery has been taken from me and my cheap chaff eliminated.  

It seems that you still can:

-Play Dispossessed with GHB2019 rules (with dwarf warriors and everything). Still legal until the next GHB. 
-Play Cities of Sigmar with only Duardin miniatures. Maybe even convert units from other factions if you are on this side of the hobby to have more options. 
-Play GA: Order using compendium units: Take the rune anvil, slayers, canons, grudgethrowers, etc... 

Cities of Sigmar will be the one that has the most potential for tournaments, the other two are far behind. If you play narrative games (even using points and matched play rules), then you can still have some fun games.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Televiper11 said:

You could still do an all Duardin army w/Gotrek, all the remaining Dispo, Gyros, and Steam Tanks. Would be pretty lethal.

I don't want to support CoS. I'm done with this faction. Also Steam Tanks are human. 

• LOVE IT! 1

I am absolutely going to run my thunderers as freeguild handgunners and run the warriors as...something else and im going to stick a dwarf in my steam tank and I dare anyone try to stop me 

it really sucks they boned us like this but the resilience of the dawi will win out in the end

5 minutes ago, Televiper11 said:

yeah that was extremely uncool but I'm turning my dragon princes into blood knights

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I don't want to support CoS. I'm done with this faction. Also Steam Tanks are human. 

Steam Tanks are duardin engineering and easy to build without the human character. All of mine have a Cogsmith.

Some people take duardin stubborness too seriously..,. Those Warriors still can have a use as Freeguild Guards. Simple and flavourfully.

Edited by michu
  • Like 7