Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I thought that for what? 10 years for Bretonnia? 🤣

Imagine time travel and telling people (at a time) that "that's the last Bretonnia codex ever" xD (man, side times)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dispossessed units within 8" of this post reroll 1 to wound in combat...

😡

We're here to stay, the mention in the sylvaneth tome prove that. I'm only concernet about the name "Dispossessed", I was hoping in a rename for the battletome. Whatever.

Cut the grumbling short, lads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Dispossessed units within 8" of this post reroll 1 to wound in combat...

😡

We're here to stay, the mention in the sylvaneth tome prove that. I'm only concernet about the name "Dispossessed", I was hoping in a rename for the battletome. Whatever.

Cut the grumbling short, lads. 

But what is left if we cut the grumbling ? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all those hasty players grumbling about grumbling... ☹️

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Battletome or not, I'll still play them, no matter what...

Anyway, I'll have to start grumbling if I don't grumble enough !

 

Edited by Dammaz
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope with all my soul it has both the dispossessed and fyreslayers keyword!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh F yeah!! That's awesome! I will pre-order for the first time in my life i'm thinking! 

Amazing for a project i'm working on, but above all an amazing model. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if it doesn’t have the dispossessed keyword, looks like a Warden King to me lol. Also yeah I’m most definitely pre-ordering this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Max Baumann said:

Is anyone as excited as me about the release of this model?

 

BLLiveReveals-Jun1-GotrekMini1coiy.jpg

Where was this previewed? It looks like a Forgeworld model....and distinctly NOT Fyreslayer in nature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

Where was this previewed? It looks like a Forgeworld model....and distinctly NOT Fyreslayer in nature 

black library previw on the community page, it's a special adition of Gotrek (a recurring character from the old world that transitioned to AoS). Although not a Fyreslayer model he did pick up his Axe in a lodge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be neat if he was allowed to be taken in any Duardin army. Maybe give some buff to keyword Duardin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

It would be neat if he was allowed to be taken in any Duardin army. Maybe give some buff to keyword Duardin.

Haha won't spoil much, but reading/hearing his return novels... it seems quite unlikely he would do so willingly. Although the other way around he does inspire a lot of duardin he meets in one way or another. (drunkenly removing Sotrmcast helmets to see if it's somebody he knows from the old world... you know regular Gotrek stuf 😂)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Dawi friends, 

though I am a (unwilling) servant of Khorne, take heart, as I bring a gift! 

This channel is one of my favorites ever (I’m a huge Lord of the rings fan), and I thought you guys might like this song: 

Enjoy, for When The Hammer Falls, your time shall come! 

Edited by Kaz
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would get him for sure even if he havent rules,great for proxy of fyreslayer or dispossesed heros.

But i have a problem.i have a grudge with finecrap,and i as dwarf player i must follow my grudgebook and i wont buy finecrap never.

And the whitedwarf on spacesuit was finecast as the imperial guard female hero from black library,so pretty sure that gotrek gonna be resin also.

 

A shame as i really wanted it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, prochuvi said:

I would get him for sure even if he havent rules,great for proxy of fyreslayer or dispossesed heros.

But i have a problem.i have a grudge with finecrap,and i as dwarf player i must follow my grudgebook and i wont buy finecrap never.

And the whitedwarf on spacesuit was finecast as the imperial guard female hero from black library,so pretty sure that gotrek gonna be resin also.

 

A shame as i really wanted it.

Probably true. I don't know if this is, but it feels like the proper plastic has a bigger investment to design or cast or something because even they seem to acknowledge finecast has more issues. 

but for me it's worth the extra effort when i go for it. Because I do avoid it... not like the plague, more like the sniffles, but stuff like mode to order is worth it in my mind. Just like this model will be. althoug, and this is separate from your argument, I more and more get the feeling the feeling the proportions are off. It might be to human like. The stockyness is gone because the legs are to high. But that might be impossible to say without a comparison model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Probably true. I don't know if this is, but it feels like the proper plastic has a bigger investment to design or cast or something because even they seem to acknowledge finecast has more issues. 

but for me it's worth the extra effort when i go for it. Because I do avoid it... not like the plague, more like the sniffles, but stuff like mode to order is worth it in my mind. Just like this model will be. althoug, and this is separate from your argument, I more and more get the feeling the feeling the proportions are off. It might be to human like. The stockyness is gone because the legs are to high. But that might be impossible to say without a comparison model. 

Your right he seems to have longer legs than most duardin compared to his upper body.

He reminds me a little of the wulfrim irongrudge model I have. Personally I don't mind it too much since he is described as being bigger than most duardin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Your right he seems to have longer legs than most duardin compared to his upper body.

He reminds me a little of the wulfrim irongrudge model I have. Personally I don't mind it too much since he is described as being bigger than most duardin.

Yeah good point. Would find it interesting to know if it was designed that way or just s happy accident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out the Honest Wargamers most recent show fellow dawi, I think the AoS 6 nations one at 9 minutes in they talk about some Dispossessed news. 

The Dispossessed battletome question was asked at the Games expo preview and GW said actually said yes! But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though. Check it out though as I can’t remember all the information they gave. 

Could fit with the fluff from the fyreslayers book. With the new grungni dwarves and then the dispossessed being included in the book too, like spiderfang was in Gloomspite. Exciting times! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rurik This is interesting news if true. I’d like a reason to pick my dawi up again out of the closet. I haven’t touched them since I experienced the couple hundred attacks skeletons in a game against an LoN player. It made me disgusted with the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ironbreaker said:

@Rurik This is interesting news if true. I’d like a reason to pick my dawi up again out of the closet. I haven’t touched them since I experienced the couple hundred attacks skeletons in a game against an LoN player. It made me disgusted with the game.

Yeah it came from a couple of people who attended the preview. One being a dispossessed player so I’m willing to believe it, good to finally get some news at least! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, prochuvi said:

I would get him for sure even if he havent rules,great for proxy of fyreslayer or dispossesed heros.

But i have a problem.i have a grudge with finecrap,and i as dwarf player i must follow my grudgebook and i wont buy finecrap never.

And the whitedwarf on spacesuit was finecast as the imperial guard female hero from black library,so pretty sure that gotrek gonna be resin also.

 

A shame as i really wanted it.

It might not be resin- the sculpt looks lie its for plastic [the way the hair/beard is done , flat surfaces and the way texture is handled. The beard looks like it suits plastic- would it not be fragile in resin? I asked on instagram and the Community guys said they didn't know at this stage what material he was coming in so fingers crossed he's plastic [I'm not wild about resin either!].

11 minutes ago, Rurik said:

Check out the Honest Wargamers most recent show fellow dawi, I think the AoS 6 nations one at 9 minutes in they talk about some Dispossessed news. 

The Dispossessed battletome question was asked at the Games expo preview and GW said actually said yes! But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though. Check it out though as I can’t remember all the information they gave. 

Could fit with the fluff from the fyreslayers book. With the new grungni dwarves and then the dispossessed being included in the book too, like spiderfang was in Gloomspite. Exciting times! 

Thats good news! After reading that bit of fluff form the Fyreslayers book I definitely think this how they are going - probably evolve/add to the range around the Ironbreaker and Hammerer kits [which I love so much]. I thought it was about time Grungni stopped hanging around Sigmar and started looking after his people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rurik said:

Check out the Honest Wargamers most recent show fellow dawi, I think the AoS 6 nations one at 9 minutes in they talk about some Dispossessed news. 

Link ? Its hard to find. 

 

https://youtu.be/cFHj2Dl2muM?t=556

Edited by eciu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rurik said:

But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though.

This furthers my belief that they will be grouped in with a "Free People\Cities" tome similar to LoN, Skaven, BoC and Gitz. Which to be honest I would be pretty good with as I love Freeguild and Dispossessed and would enjoy mixing them. Just seems like the smartest thing to do for them, although I suppose they have enough minis to have their own book if they really wanted. Also consider that this could give all the Ironweld stuff back to Freeguild and Dispossessed at the same time.. two birds with one stone, pretty much.

Considering they already have Kharadron and Fyreslayers, it seems more likely they'll get mixed into a tome like the above.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...