AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

Where was this previewed? It looks like a Forgeworld model....and distinctly NOT Fyreslayer in nature 

black library previw on the community page, it's a special adition of Gotrek (a recurring character from the old world that transitioned to AoS). Although not a Fyreslayer model he did pick up his Axe in a lodge.

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

It would be neat if he was allowed to be taken in any Duardin army. Maybe give some buff to keyword Duardin.

Haha won't spoil much, but reading/hearing his return novels... it seems quite unlikely he would do so willingly. Although the other way around he does inspire a lot of duardin he meets in one way or another. (drunkenly removing Sotrmcast helmets to see if it's somebody he knows from the old world... you know regular Gotrek stuf 😂)

• Thanks 1

My Dawi friends, 

though I am a (unwilling) servant of Khorne, take heart, as I bring a gift! 

This channel is one of my favorites ever (I’m a huge Lord of the rings fan), and I thought you guys might like this song: 

Enjoy, for When The Hammer Falls, your time shall come! 

Edited by Kaz
  • Like 5

I would get him for sure even if he havent rules,great for proxy of fyreslayer or dispossesed heros.

But i have a problem.i have a grudge with finecrap,and i as dwarf player i must follow my grudgebook and i wont buy finecrap never.

And the whitedwarf on spacesuit was finecast as the imperial guard female hero from black library,so pretty sure that gotrek gonna be resin also.

A shame as i really wanted it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prochuvi said:

I would get him for sure even if he havent rules,great for proxy of fyreslayer or dispossesed heros.

But i have a problem.i have a grudge with finecrap,and i as dwarf player i must follow my grudgebook and i wont buy finecrap never.

And the whitedwarf on spacesuit was finecast as the imperial guard female hero from black library,so pretty sure that gotrek gonna be resin also.

Probably true. I don't know if this is, but it feels like the proper plastic has a bigger investment to design or cast or something because even they seem to acknowledge finecast has more issues. 

but for me it's worth the extra effort when i go for it. Because I do avoid it... not like the plague, more like the sniffles, but stuff like mode to order is worth it in my mind. Just like this model will be. althoug, and this is separate from your argument, I more and more get the feeling the feeling the proportions are off. It might be to human like. The stockyness is gone because the legs are to high. But that might be impossible to say without a comparison model. 

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Probably true. I don't know if this is, but it feels like the proper plastic has a bigger investment to design or cast or something because even they seem to acknowledge finecast has more issues. 

but for me it's worth the extra effort when i go for it. Because I do avoid it... not like the plague, more like the sniffles, but stuff like mode to order is worth it in my mind. Just like this model will be. althoug, and this is separate from your argument, I more and more get the feeling the feeling the proportions are off. It might be to human like. The stockyness is gone because the legs are to high. But that might be impossible to say without a comparison model. 

Your right he seems to have longer legs than most duardin compared to his upper body.

He reminds me a little of the wulfrim irongrudge model I have. Personally I don't mind it too much since he is described as being bigger than most duardin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Your right he seems to have longer legs than most duardin compared to his upper body.

He reminds me a little of the wulfrim irongrudge model I have. Personally I don't mind it too much since he is described as being bigger than most duardin.

Yeah good point. Would find it interesting to know if it was designed that way or just s happy accident.

Check out the Honest Wargamers most recent show fellow dawi, I think the AoS 6 nations one at 9 minutes in they talk about some Dispossessed news. 

The Dispossessed battletome question was asked at the Games expo preview and GW said actually said yes! But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though. Check it out though as I can’t remember all the information they gave. 

Could fit with the fluff from the fyreslayers book. With the new grungni dwarves and then the dispossessed being included in the book too, like spiderfang was in Gloomspite. Exciting times! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ironbreaker said:

@Rurik This is interesting news if true. I’d like a reason to pick my dawi up again out of the closet. I haven’t touched them since I experienced the couple hundred attacks skeletons in a game against an LoN player. It made me disgusted with the game.

Yeah it came from a couple of people who attended the preview. One being a dispossessed player so I’m willing to believe it, good to finally get some news at least! 

On 6/2/2019 at 7:10 PM, prochuvi said:

It might not be resin- the sculpt looks lie its for plastic [the way the hair/beard is done , flat surfaces and the way texture is handled. The beard looks like it suits plastic- would it not be fragile in resin? I asked on instagram and the Community guys said they didn't know at this stage what material he was coming in so fingers crossed he's plastic [I'm not wild about resin either!].

11 minutes ago, Rurik said:

Check out the Honest Wargamers most recent show fellow dawi, I think the AoS 6 nations one at 9 minutes in they talk about some Dispossessed news. 

The Dispossessed battletome question was asked at the Games expo preview and GW said actually said yes! But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though. Check it out though as I can’t remember all the information they gave. 

Could fit with the fluff from the fyreslayers book. With the new grungni dwarves and then the dispossessed being included in the book too, like spiderfang was in Gloomspite. Exciting times! 

Thats good news! After reading that bit of fluff form the Fyreslayers book I definitely think this how they are going - probably evolve/add to the range around the Ironbreaker and Hammerer kits [which I love so much]. I thought it was about time Grungni stopped hanging around Sigmar and started looking after his people!

2 hours ago, Rurik said:

But the book wouldn’t be named Dispossessed. They feature inside the book though.

This furthers my belief that they will be grouped in with a "Free People\Cities" tome similar to LoN, Skaven, BoC and Gitz. Which to be honest I would be pretty good with as I love Freeguild and Dispossessed and would enjoy mixing them. Just seems like the smartest thing to do for them, although I suppose they have enough minis to have their own book if they really wanted. Also consider that this could give all the Ironweld stuff back to Freeguild and Dispossessed at the same time.. two birds with one stone, pretty much.

Considering they already have Kharadron and Fyreslayers, it seems more likely they'll get mixed into a tome like the above.

Edited by Gwendar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rurik said:

Indeed good news! I may be but a beardling and not a long time player, but I never lost faith we would see the light of day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gwendar said:

This furthers my belief that they will be grouped in with a "Free People\Cities" tome similar to LoN, Skaven, BoC and Gitz. Which to be honest I would be pretty good with as I love Freeguild and Dispossessed and would enjoy mixing them. Just seems like the smartest thing to do for them, although I suppose they have enough minis to have their own book if they really wanted. Also consider that this could give all the Ironweld stuff back to Freeguild and Dispossessed at the same time.. two birds with one stone, pretty much.

Considering they already have Kharadron and Fyreslayers, it seems more likely they'll get mixed into a tome like the above.

I think so as well. Don't think they'll throw KO and Fyreslayers in there though. Narratively it wouldn't fit as they have not more than enclaves in the cities (and that is covered by allies) and also on the gaming side they have their own playstyle (even if it doesn't currently work very well for KO). So I would expect them to do a soup tome without those and just an updated tome for KO could get them going again. (although it seems still a lot of KO players on this forum according to the poll, so how bad could it be)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I think so as well. Don't think they'll throw KO and Fyreslayers in there though. Narratively it wouldn't fit as they have not more than enclaves in the cities (and that is covered by allies) and also on the gaming side they have their own playstyle (even if it doesn't currently work very well for KO). So I would expect them to do a soup tome without those and just an updated tome for KO could get them going again. (although it seems still a lot of KO players on this forum according to the poll, so how bad could it be)

Right, I didn't mean to suggest they would still have Kharadrons\Fyreslayers somewhere in there (or even as allies) since they have their own tomes.. sorry if that's how it sounded. I was saying because those are two fleshed out and new factions that the Dispossessed would likely be dissociated with them altogether.

I agree though.. I really think KO needs the same Fyreslayers update and I believe they will. I wouldn't think they create a new faction and then merge it with an old one. KO do indeed have their own playstyle and it makes sense for it to be updated and built upon rather than abandoned and merged into a soup tome with Freeguild\Dispossessed.

Since we're supposedly getting "at least 1 more tome" for Order this year, my speculations are either on Free People\Cities (maximizes the amount of armies you bring up to speed) or Seraphon since they need it about as badly as Skaven needed it.

• Like 1

Hey longbeards,
The past Saturday my brother and I played a custom narrative Stormvault battleplan that I thought you would like. It was called "Get Off My Lawn", it was based around a group of neutral Dispossessed defending their relic (the center white statue on the dias in the pictures) from the invading Nighthaunt and Seraphon armies that were trying to get to the Stromvault. The idea was the Stormvault was underneath the Duardin relic which they were not aware of. While the Dispossessed were not one of the active armies (I only own 500 points of them), they kind of ended up being a star of the battle.

We set up on opposite sides of the table going the long way, basic deployment. We placed 10 Ironbreakers, 10 Irondrakes and a Warden King around the central dias and basically treated them with similar rules as an endless spell (we did not use the Dispossessed alliance abilities). Whoever got to go second during a round got to activate the Duardin before the other player's turn, the Dispossessed were able to do anything they wanted during this turn except moving off the central dias (but they could charge off of it if they were able to). Once all the Duardin actions were taken, they were done for that round (for example, they could not be activated during a combat phase) Another part of the Dispossessed presence was they were actually claiming the objective and could steal it from either army (we played each model is 1 point and a hero is 10 points). The player with the most points at the end of round 5 won a major victory (the if the Dispossessed had the majority of points then we both would have lost).

What this ended up being is a really strategic game of each of us trying to take control of the Duardin. For example, I conceded a turn in order to prevent the Duardin from charing and locking an important unit in combat while out of position. I got very lucky that the unit survived relatively unscathed during the shooting phase. Another interesting development of the Duardin's presence was the Seraphon ended up trying to kill enough of the Nighthaunt models in order to allow the Dispossessed to steal the game from the Nighthaunt at the end of turn five.

Overall, we had a blast doing this and the Duardin did not have an overly strong presence but enough of one to make the turns matter. Once again, this was a narrative battleplan that I think could have been out of hand in a more competitive match. The Irondrakes ended up being killed early due to them almost taking out a Stegadon with a flamethrower out in a turn. But in true Dispossessed fashion 6 Ironbreakers and the Warden King were present until the end of the game shouting and grumbling about dinosaurs trampling the lawn and ghosts scaring the birds away.

IMG_30227DCDA256-1.jpeg

IMG_F4DA585872CA-1.jpeg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1