AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

10 hours ago, Kimbo said:

- If you had to start from scratch, how would you build a solid 1000p army? Something strong, and good to move on towards 2000p eventuelly.

1 Warden King 120

1 Runelord  100

1 knight Incantor 140

10 longbeards 100

10 ironbreakers 140

10 hammerers 160

10 irondrakes 180

Chronomantic cogs 60

That's not a strong list but are all units that you can expand in a 2000 points game. Hammerers are not very good in a 10 man, same for irondrakes. If you aim for a good 1000 points i would probably bring a big unita of longbeards, a big unit of warriors and max regiment of thunderers or quarrelers.

Edited by Furuzzolo

1 minute ago, Furuzzolo said:

1 Warden King 120

1 Runelord  100

1 knight Incantor 140

10 longbeards 100

10 ironbreakers 140

10 hammerers 160

10 irondrakes 180

Chronomantic cogs 60

That's not a strong list but are all units that you can expand in a 2000 points game. Hammerers are not very good in a 10 man, same for irondrakes. If you aim for a good 1000 points i would probably bring a big unita of longbearda, a big unit of warriors and max regiment of thunderera or quarrelers.

Ok. Thanks! 

I see Thunderers/quarrelers are sold out by gw. Not permanently i hope?? 

Expanding on that. What is the fate of the dispossessed going forward? You think they will be replaced? Removed? I never know with all that has happen with the fantasy armies over the last years...I am a worried...should i be? ?

No, GW was clear about that: Allegiances in the general's handbook are sticking around.

I hope in a battletome only for them but a "legion of nagash" style of Free People-ironweld-devoted to sigmar-dispossessed battletome does make sense.

Right now, imho, we're the healthier duardin faction ?

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

No, GW was clear about that: Allegiances in the general's handbook are sticking around.

I hope in a battletome only for them but a "legion of nagash" style of Free People-ironweld-devoted to sigmar-dispossessed battletome does make sense.

Right now, imho, we're the healthier duardin faction ?

Couldn't agree more. We will get an update eventually, no worries on that @Kimbo !

IMO, if you want a good 1000pts list to enjoy the new Ironbreakers battleline (which is awesome) you should go as follows :

Warden King 120
Runelord 100

10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
20 Irondrakes 360

Buff the Irondrakes with the rend from the Runelord, that's your DPS. Erase one unit a turn, while your King and Ironbreakers push back the frontline.

Later, if you like the playstyle, you can go with the following for a 2000pts list  :

Warden King 120
Runelord 100
Runelord 100
Runelord 100
30 Ironbreakers 360
10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
30 Irondrakes 540
Celestar Ballista 100
Celestar Ballista 100

Then you'll have some points to spare. With these extra points, you can either buy another 10 Irondrakes (thus dividing them in 2*20) for a mobile firebase, or add 10 Longbeards and another Celestar Ballista if you want a more fixed defensive position (use the 10 Longbeards as guards for the artillery and the rear of your Irondrakes).

Dispossessed seem back in the game :)

• Thanks 1

Imo we need bodies to cap objectives, so for a starting list I'm planning to go for:

Warden King 120

Runelord 100

20 Warriors 160

10 Longbeards 100

10 Ironbreakers 140

20 Irondrakes 360

980 points

But there are many different variations you could go for, you could even start by adding mobility first instead of the bodies, something like dropping the warriors for 10 longbeards and adding a Gyrocopter could be good as well (so you'd be at 1k exactly). Imo the Warden King, Runelord and Irondrakes are the mandatory core, from there you can go in different directions as I said.

Edited by smucreo
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Alaric83 said:

IMO, if you want a good 1000pts list to enjoy the new Ironbreakers battleline (which is awesome) you should go as follows :

Warden King 120
Runelord 100

10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
20 Irondrakes 360

Buff the Irondrakes with the rend from the Runelord, that's your DPS. Erase one unit a turn, while your King and Ironbreakers push back the frontline.

Later, if you like the playstyle, you can go with the following for a 2000pts list  :

Warden King 120
Runelord 100
Runelord 100
Runelord 100
30 Ironbreakers 360
10 Ironbreakers 140
10 Ironbreakers 140
30 Irondrakes 540
Celestar Ballista 100
Celestar Ballista 100

Then you'll have some points to spare. With these extra points, you can either buy another 10 Irondrakes (thus dividing them in 2*20) for a mobile firebase, or add 10 Longbeards and another Celestar Ballista if you want a more fixed defensive position (use the 10 Longbeards as guards for the artillery and the rear of your Irondrakes).

Dispossessed seem back in the game :)

Wow. Both lists look awesome. Have you tried them? Or similar? 

Btw...is the Ballista reliable without an Ordinator to buff its hit rolls? 

Edited by Kimbo

Something like this, maybe? 

Feedback? ?

Lord-Ordinator (140)
- Allies
Warden King (120)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
30 x Irondrakes (540)
Celestar Ballista (100)
- Allies
Celestar Ballista (100)
- Allies

Total: 1940 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 340 / 400
Wounds: 119

7 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

For every ally you need 4 allegiance unit. If you want the Ordinator and 2 ballista you need 12 dispossessed.

7 hours ago, Kimbo said:

OH...is that a thing now?...

Hmm...thanks! 

From pg 242, The wording is "One out of every four units included in an army can be an allied unit." (it's referenced under the pitched battle rules, so it applies in addition to the 20% points limit for that)

Worded another way, for every 3 units you take, the 4th can be an ally. So you need a total of 12 units to have 3 of them be allies - but that includes the allied units in the count. So to take the ordinator & 2 ballista, you only need 9 dispossessed, i.e one more than your example list, so splitting up the irondrakes for example would do it.

That said, I was reading somewhere here that ran the numbers that it's actually more efficient to just take another ballista instead of the ordinator until you get to I think 4 ballista (or use a battlescroll that needs him).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, found the post. 

So taking another ballista is better than taking the ordinator until you already have 4 ballista to be buffed, when using them in single shot mode. In rapid fire mode, he's worth it instead of about the 3rd ballista.

Edited by Arkhanist

1 hour ago, Arkhanist said:

Ah, found the post. 

So taking another ballista is better than taking the ordinator until you already have 4 ballista to be buffed, when using them in single shot mode. In rapid fire mode, he's worth it instead of about the 3rd ballista.

Thanks! So it is just better to play 2x Ballista then. Awesome! 

On 7/6/2018 at 6:46 PM, Kimbo said:

OH...is that a thing now?...

Hmm...thanks! 

I don't think it will be a thing for tournaments.  It is ridiculously restrictive for armies that need to ally in key pieces.  The 400 points thing is fine by itself.

59 minutes ago, tolstedt said:

I don't think it will be a thing for tournaments.  It is ridiculously restrictive for armies that need to ally in key pieces.  The 400 points thing is fine by itself.

Okey. Lets hope they adress it quickly in a FAQ or something. That matched play can skip it. I do not like it 

1 hour ago, tolstedt said:

I think thats the point of the rule, whether its meant to lower reliance on allies or meant to promote MSU armies rather than huge hordes. Look at the "wholly within RANGE" rules which also seems to promote MSU.

1 hour ago, kenshin620 said:

I think thats the point of the rule, whether its meant to lower reliance on allies or meant to promote MSU armies rather than huge hordes. Look at the "wholly within RANGE" rules which also seems to promote MSU.

Yeah, that's the point. By the way is in the core rules, it's not goping to be optional.

The rule is 1 out of 4, so you can pick 3 Dispossessed units and 1 ally unit. Then 3 Dispossessed units and 1 ally unit. And so on.

• Like 1

So I have created a quick list using these new rules. I also have never mentioned that I will not be using any non dwarf units in my list, also not including KO or Fyreslayers.

So the list...

Warden king 120

Runelord 100

Cogsmith 100 Ally

x6 10 dwarf warriors 80x6

10 Longbeards 100

20 Hammerers 320

10 Ironbreakers 140

20 Irondrakes 360

Organ Gun 120 ally

Gyrocopter 80 ally

Gyrobomber 80 ally

I honestly think this list would be ok, 60 warrior screen sounds like little could ever get through that, and they could just hold up everything until the Irondrakes, hammerers, and artilery could kill everything. While the copter and bomber could capture some objectives and pick off the occasional models or two.

6 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

It is bad for armies that need allies to fill key roles.

With the look out sir installed I thought maybe allying in two flame cannons may be perfect instead of two ballistae? (also more fluffy, having a wall of flame go up!)

Allegiance: Dispossessed
Mortal Realm: Chamon

Leaders
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Strategic Genius
Runelord (100)
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)

Battleline
30 x Ironbreakers (360)