AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

4 hours ago, colbytcook said:

Hello to all the Longbeards! I have finally bought into Dispossessed with the Tempest Eye box (such a good value!) and I will most likely pick up one or two more. As a long time lover of all things Dwarf I can't wait to get them on the table top.

And a side note, I did my part on the Community Survey (Dispossessed Battletome please!)

Welcome beardling!

This week I tested the 10 hearthguards + Runesmiter by the way, I'm not commenting on them cause I played poorly and sacrificed them to hold the objective turn1.....then got charged by the waaghed brutes. Was poor decison, they ARE resilient, not really an anvil, more of an Hammer! I'll test them in a couple more games (hopefully in a better way) and report here. Let me know if someone has some luck with them ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Fingers crossed for duardin teasers this weekend. If our battletome or anything else is teased I'll continue painting my duardin but if not then I think I'll shelve them for a bit and focus on my grots.

As a fellow player of an army without Battletome, i wish you guys luck!

• Thanks 2

I would fully expect the GHB armies to definitely get bumped up. That being said, with the overall power creep I really couldn't say whether or not it will be enough to be that great and they could very well just end up at the same spot.. basically just enough so they don't fall even further behind.

Still, I'm waiting until the GHB before I go buying Dispossessed or Freeguild as my next army.

Hey guys, i was watching a video from Vince , who was inside the seminar fo AoS.

According to him, GW staff has a plan to have all factions covered with Battletomes in about a year or so. They claimed to have a schedule for it.

They also said that the tomes may not come as we expect, with merged factions, reimagined ones or mixes of old an new.

On this questionary GW said they are aware of the public that feel left out without tomes, afraid to dive into the game and be discontinued. They said it is holding AoS back and that their goal right now is to fix it.

Ps: i dont play Dwarfs, i play High Elf, but i respect you guys for all the perseverance to keep your faction  togheter so i decided to stop by and share the news.

Cheers

Edited by Thiagoma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

3 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Hey guys, i was watching a video from Vince , who was inside the seminar fo AoS.

According to him, GW staff has a plan to have all factions covered with Battletomes in about a year or so. They claimed to have a schedule for it.

They also said that the tomes may not come as we expect, with merged factions, reimagined ones or mixes of old an new.

On this questionary GW said they are aware of the public that feel left out without tomes, afraid to dive into the game and be discontinued. They said it is holding AoS back and that their goal right now is to fix it.

Ps: i dont play Dwarfs, i play High Elf, but i respect you guys for all the perseverance to keep your faction  togheter so i decided to stop by and share the news.

Cheers

And that was so kind of you - too kind to be expected from a pointy ear person ! Thanks a bunch man, really gives the beardlings lots of hope ( and many more other factions of course ! )

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Ok, High Elves captives for a get a free out of jail card for a month 😜

• Confused 1

Good to know they are aware that it is holding some of us back! We will see in June but I do hope with an update in the GHB2019 and the changes to 1000pt games that we can become on equal footing again with those with tomes. If it looks good then I'll recommit to painting more of my Duardin again :)

• Like 1

So I was able to play Dispossessed for the first time and I am very happy with them! 10 iron breakers and a Warden King took on 30 Bloodletters, a Skull taker and 3 Skullcrushers with only losing 6 of them at the end of the game. 

Granted we were just playing a ~500 “lets kill each other” game without objectives, so I think it played into my strengths more. Once I started turtling the Dwarves were unmovable.  If we were playing objectives, I could certainly see how I would have struggled to push up the board with them outside picking them to a spot.

Regardless, I loved becoming the immovable force of shields and beards. Looking forward to the next game.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, colbytcook said:

Regardless, I loved becoming the immovable force of shields and beards. Looking forward to the next game.  

That's the spirit ! Welcome aboard !

@Thiagoma, Thanks for the info, I'm starting to get impatient here.

As everyone in my players group get optimizated, I start to feel how strong the limit of not having a battletome and be part of V2 is.

Still waiting, then...

Oh, and @Furuzzolo, may I use your Rune lore from your Dispossessed Battletome on Narrative Play ? I'll give you my opinion, but it looks so cool and there is a lot of options !

Edited by Dammaz

2 hours ago, Dammaz said:

That's the spirit ! Welcome aboard !

@Thiagoma, Thanks for the info, I'm starting to get impatient here.

As everyone in my players group get optimizated, I start to feel how strong the limit of not having a battletome and be part of V2 is.

Still waiting, then...

Oh, and @Furuzzolo, may I use your Rune lore from your Dispossessed Battletome on Narrative Play ? I'll give you my opinion, but it looks so cool and there is a lot of options !

YES! You MUST use it :D

16 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

Cheers

Thanks! I hope be true and we get dwarfs and elfs tomes soon

4 hours ago, Zadolix said:

I can feel it in my beard and bones but I feel like GHB19 will give us Ironweld back without having to take them as allies, it will probably be a clause as part of our army traits.

That would be pretty great. I'm still on the fence about my 3rd army being Free Guild or Dispossessed as I really want a heavy shooting army. If Dispossessed get artillery back, I would probably go for that to go with the Irondrakes.

But man, 60 Crossbows is hard to deter from.

18 minutes ago, Gwendar said:

That would be pretty great. I'm still on the fence about my 3rd army being Free Guild or Dispossessed as I really want a heavy shooting army. If Dispossessed get artillery back, I would probably go for that to go with the Irondrakes.

But man, 60 Crossbows is hard to deter from.

Have a look at the Quarrellers, they get to shoot twice too. The main difference is they are more defensive and better in melee - 5+ save rerollable with bucklers and ignore battleshock on a 1-3 with the army trait. They also have a 4+ 4+ melee too.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Have a look at the Quarrellers, they get to shoot twice too. The main difference is they are more defensive and better in melee - 5+ save rerollable with bucklers and ignore battleshock on a 1-3 with the army trait. They also have a 4+ 4+ melee too.

True, I think my thing is just the detachments being able to shoot when charged and in support (was thinking 60 crossbows behind 40 guard) and that would end up being far more shots put out in comparison. Aesthetically I really prefer dwarves, not as much with the old kits though. We'll see.. we still have a little bit to go after all.

I think a reworked battalion or a couple of them in the pitched battle profile (as was done with Ironjawz and fyreslayers) could go a long way.

A playable battalion would give us:

-Less drops and a better shot at the turn-game.

-Free command point at turn 1.

-Some up-to-date rule.

-One artifacts beside the pickaxe. Please. I'd love to bring 2 damn items in a game!

I dont play my dispossesed anymore which is frustrating cause I love Dwarfs and have alot. They need SOMETHING cause atm their (debatably) free peoples with beards and slower.

The new boatmen endless spell (with an allied wizard) may help with mobility

1 hour ago, Jetengine said:

I dont play my dispossesed anymore which is frustrating cause I love Dwarfs and have alot. They need SOMETHING cause atm their (debatably) free peoples with beards and slower.

The new boatmen endless spell (with an allied wizard) may help with mobility

The thing is if they don't change the runic icon rule we can't use the boat on a 5+. Taking the clan banner would be needed for consistency but the icon is just too good to give u IMO.

If you take hammerers it should work since they can't take the icon.

Edited by AlmGandix3
  • Sad 1