AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, Zadolix said:

To be honest in terms of defence Warriors and Thunderers are only okay, I started to temper my expectations of them after my first few games as while a 5+ save rerollable is admirable, it doesn't always get the job done especially if rend is involved. I tend to view Warriors more as damage dealers and screens now since they get the reroll 1 to wound in the opponents combat phase. I quickly found Ironbreakers to be far superior in a defensive role. I tried 2 games against my Slaanesh friend once, in the first game I used Warriors and Thunderers and heroes and got completely smashed. In the  second game I switched to Ironbreakers and less Thunderers and his army just crashed against them barely doing anything. They just ignored all of the -1 rend that was slaughtering the warriors while still re-rolling their saves on an improved 4+ and then hitting back with 2 attacks each. Don't give up dispossessed though, I'm playing around with lists and games a lot and I'm finding Ironbreakers to be core to me winning games at the moment.

Well, my opponent's list was so full of mortal wounds that investing points in better saves would have been wasted points. I'm not sure it will be the case for every other of my potential opponent's lists, though. I don't possess Ironbreakers models though, nor Irondrakes... can I still had hopes of winning some small scale games ? (500-1000pts)

Do you find Inspiring command trait more useful than Resolute from the dispossessed allegiance? If I want to play Order as my allegiance, I bet I have to buy that Order book... but will it still be a thing in the future? Or will battletomes and GHB get more updates than it?

Edited by raaaahman
typo

10 minutes ago, raaaahman said:

Well, my opponent's list was so full of mortal wounds that investing points in better saves would have been wasted points. I'm not sure it will be the case for every other of my potential opponent's lists, though. I don't possess Ironbreakers models though, nor Irondrakes... can I still had hopes of winning some small scale games ? (500-1000pts)

Do you find Inspiring command trait more useful than Resolute from the dispossessed allegiance? If I want to play Order as my allegiance, I bet I have to buy that Order book... but will it still be a thing in the future? Or will battletomes and GHB get more updates than it?

I don't have Irondrakes either, I still use Thunderers. You can still win games with Warriors and they are still quite good at low points games, for 80pts they do well. But if you can get some Ironbreakers I'd recommend it.

Personally I wouldn't bother buying the book just for the army trait, command trait and artefacts unless you can find it cheap second hand. A little bit of googling will get you the information easily and the names of these are listed in the warscroll builder too.

I do find inspiring command better than stubborn to the end as you auto pass battleshock, no roll at all. My Warden king is usually within 6" of most of my units as he is usually near the front in near the fighting. It can be less effective if your army has to spread out for objectives but then the army trait of reroll battleshock test is still quite good too. There are pros and cons to both, but if you like to use legacy compendium units or like a lot of duardin artillery then order allegiance is still quite good. Most of our main combat buffs come from the units themselves rather than the allegiance - Warden King's ancestral grudge, Runelord's rune buff, longbeard's grumbling, warriors resolute in defense etc etc

55 minutes ago, raaaahman said:

You don't need the order book, even the battalion in it for Dispossessed is now free in the app and the allegiance is in the core book now.

• Thanks 1

Ok, kinda in a rush right now. Google doc keep out my formatting so I'll post the openoffice file :)

I only worked with existing units but this should be a primer, feel free to criticize and tell me what you like and what you don't! At the end of the day this is an idea of mine, I'll consider all your suggestions and send the final product to GW ;)

Dispossessed Battletome.docx

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, AlmGandix3 said:

I just saw the news on the fyreslayers, they now have two wounds per model that's insane, but makes me hopeful for our armoured dwarfs. The naked ones are now by a lot tankier than our gromril clad ones.

I don't think we'll see an extra wound but hopefully we'll show our durability more through the craftsmenship of our armour, ignoring rend, reducing damage, reroll saves etc. I'm curious to see if the Fyreslayers will be the same points cost for that extra wound though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

I don't think we'll see an extra wound but hopefully we'll show our durability more through the craftsmenship of our armour, ignoring rend, reducing damage, reroll saves etc. I'm curious to see if the Fyreslayers will be the same points cost for that extra wound though.

No way!

They'll be now the Elite duardin army they were designed to be! I espect them to field between 60 to 90 models depending how heavy you want to go in the magmadroth spam. (If the beast is good)

Anyhow we're going stay the horde diardin army of AoS, all our units are set up to be large one (plus 25mm bases on every model)

Do not forget my work up there in the discussion, I need to fix typos but let me know if you see some op stuff that I need to tone down (or up)... I tryed to be very conservative in the power level. And note that I don't want to suggest new models (I'm sure we're going to get an hero and scenery, tho)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlmGandix3 said:

I just saw the news on the fyreslayers, they now have two wounds per model that's insane, but makes me hopeful for our armoured dwarfs. The naked ones are now by a lot tankier than our gromril clad ones.

As allways gw only give lies in those previews.

Sure fyreslayers have got one extra  wound but gw didnt told you that they have lost his 50% save after save.

So maths show that the 50% extra save is 100% the same than one extra wound.

So nop,fyreslayers havent got any buff in tankiness.

Sure now they are easier to field because you dont need get them as unit of 30 and now can field them as 10 because they dont get nothing extra for numbers now.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, prochuvi said:

As allways gw only give lies in those previews.

Sure fyreslayers have got one extra  wound but gw didnt told you that they have lost his 50% save after save.

So maths show that the 50% extra save is 100% the same than one extra wound.

So nop,fyreslayers havent got any buff in tankiness.

Sure now they are easier to field because you dont need get them as unit of 30 and now can field them as 10 because they dont get nothing extra for numbers now.

2 wounds is still an improvement because no dice need to be rolled and the 20+ model restriction is gone so they stay tanky till they die.

I would wait for the book to come out before jumping to too many conclusions.

It's still a dice game after all, if you had to make 4 saves under the old rules potentially you could lose 4 berzerkers if you rolled poorly, now at most you would lose only 2 berzerkers. In terms of model removal more wounds is better, more models sticking around = more attacks.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zadolix said:

It's still a dice game after all, if you had to make 4 saves under the old rules potentially you could lose 4 berzerkers if you rolled poorly, now at most you would lose only 2 berzerkers. In terms of model removal more wounds is better, more models sticking around = more attacks.

Sure you could lose 4 berzerkers or you also could loose 0 who cares?math says the median is 50%, nobody compare stats saying that allways faill or allways have sucess,only matter the median

playing a casual game with my dispo force for the first time today, how ****** am I

Allegiance: Order (Tempest Eye)

Warden King, Ignax Scales
Runesmith
Unforged, General, Relic Blade, Legendary Fighter

Battleline:
Warriors (20)
Longbeards (10)
Warriors (10)
Reavers (5)
Reavers (5)

Other Units:
Ironbreakers (10)
Hammerers (20)
Irondrakes (20)
Thunderers (10)

Grudgebound warthrong (170)

Total 2050/2050

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Today at 16:00 UK time the topic of the WarhammerTV stream is "Duardins of the mortal realms"!

A reminder if someone of you ia interested.

(You can find them on twitch, search foe warhammertv, should pop)

I'll sadly miss that more then likely. Keep us posted....and all you venerable Longbeards, be sure to grumble about Dispossesed so they know we're itching for support!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bladedwind said:

I'll sadly miss that more then likely. Keep us posted....and all you venerable Longbeards, be sure to grumble about Dispossesed so they know we're itching for support!

Will do. Maybe we should send them a copy of a book of grudges and every day they didn't release a dispossessed Battletome since AoS gets an entry.

41 minutes ago, AlmGandix3 said:

Will do. Maybe we should send them a copy of a book of grudges and every day they didn't release a dispossessed Battletome since AoS gets an entry.

Put up a website with a nice book animation in which a grudge is added for each time GW does not release Sth. For the Dispossessed =D

4 hours ago, Bladedwind said:

They are talking about adepticon tournament instead :S  Dunno if later the Duardin topic gonna pop up.

Ok, being rescheduled due to illness of the host (??). Next week should be the Duardin talk. I subscribed JUST to remeber them to talk Dispossessed too. They assured me they will. 👌

5 more euros gone to the cause.

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2