AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Fyreslayers got a forge. Now wheres our anvil?

Endless prayers also confirmed. Hoping some of the fyreslayers ones are good because if so its looking like a fyreslayer runelord may be a lot more valuable as an ally to us.

Picking up this terrain piece for my board regardlessly because its just too hot.

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-FyreSpells3jbvhfnhgr.jpg

Edited by Verminlord
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Waiting for an update is getting so tiresome. I'm starting to wish I never bought Dispossessed. I want to read lore and enjoy the game but I can't really do that. 

I get your concerns and disappointment with our current state, all we can currently do is hope for a good change in the new ghb. Just thinking about the time till then is really annoying me. For now we need to experiment with different builds and what works best. I recently picked up bonesplitterz and still come back to my duardin since I love the looks and lore. I do think GW will give us a bone as we are a still selling army with lots of old players and if they ever sell a tome and new models, like endless prayers and terrain they can be sure it will sell out day one.

• Like 1

Having a second force does certainly help to balance out that disappointment, I switch between duardin and my Moonclan grots as and when I feel inspired. One has a tome, new models and tons of support while the other has GHB and legacy models. But I love what the dispossessed stand for and they do often surprise me sometimes (I played 2 games of Grand Slaughter against Ironjaws  and Hosts of Slaanesh the other day and came out on top in both games!).

Even if you don't have another AoS force even just having another miniatures project or game system really helps. I'm trying to finish off my Night Lords at the moment so that I can get some new stuff from the Chaos releases and I've also got Necromunda that I still want to touch. So having a few different projects that you can go to when you feel some disappointment with the duardin really helps.

Our time in the spotlight will come just like it does for everyone, let the nekkid fellows enjoy their limelight for a little while.

• Thanks 1

Updates for our allies means updates for us! ... 😥

We need to wait for the tome, lets imagine the magma lizard is good, now. And lets imagine one of the endless prayers is good.

We can ally a lizard+runesmiter and the prayer!

Ok, I know. 

6 out of 13 gh18 allegiances got a tome, i think 2-4 more are going to get one before gh19. 

We endure.

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Fyreslayers got a forge. Now wheres our anvil?

Endless prayers also confirmed. Hoping some of the fyreslayers ones are good because if so its looking like a fyreslayer runelord may be a lot more valuable as an ally to us.

Picking up this terrain piece for my board regardlessly because its just too hot.

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-FyreSpells3jbvhfnhgr.jpg

Yeah as a terrain piece it’s only a matter of time before I get it. Also so make sure you get a side look! The back is even more impressive in my mind. And no! That’s not something I ever said in a bar... out loud... 

CF1C83E3-88BE-46A3-9944-44C736B8DC0A.png.3afe0bb1b0e5846559bd88e9edbb4a88.png

(That being said, as part of allegiance abilities I’m very sceptical of it feeling right. I’m willing to bet it’s just another static hero buffing piece like the last two thrones and nothing more)

Edited by Kramer
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Waiting for an update is getting so tiresome. I'm starting to wish I never bought Dispossessed. I want to read lore and enjoy the game but I can't really do that. 

Yes im with you. As you i started with dispossese in the last edition with the release of firestorm boxes. Then dispossesed was pretty playable,not top but could win any game if you played better than you oponent.

But now in aos2 we are useless and umplayable with 0% chance of win vs any aos2 army

Lads I'm not here to sell miniatures but we should focus on what we have. 

Not going to call you a liar and say we're top tier but I cannot believe that anyone here bought Dispossessed for their competitive shot. 

We waited since August 2018, in 3 months now the gh19 should be out and a couple more tome announced!

Let AT LEAST wait to see those allegiance abilities on the gh19, than, if they suck, I'll bring my pitchfork with you. Until then we chill and act like f***ing Longbeards, not beardling.

Edit: in April the big GW survey should take place, we can and should give our opinion about Dispossessed to the studio. So lets be positive and send GW some good ideas! 

Edited by Furuzzolo
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

2 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Lads I'm not here to sell miniatures but we should focus on what we have. 

Not going to call you a liar and say we're top tier but I cannot believe that anyone here bought Dispossessed for their competitive shot. 

We waited since August 2018, in 3 months now the gh19 should be out and a couple more tome announced!

Let AT LEAST wait to see those allegiance abilities on the gh19, than, if they suck, I'll bring my pitchfork with you. Until then we chill and act like f***ing Longbeards, not beardling.

Wait, don't don't Longbeards grumble and moan all the time? >.>

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, prochuvi said:

But now in aos2 we are useless and umplayable with 0% chance of win vs any aos2 army

Don't loose faith mate, we can still hit pretty hard, and have some tricks down our sleeves.

I have a scheduled match in 2v2 in a few time. I'll be playing 2k5pts list with a BCR ally against Skaven and Gloomspite.

That's an outdated battletome army and a non-battletome army against the most recents battletomes.

And I can tell you we're not loosing faith and they really can't be sure of victory.

We're not 0% chance of winning against AOS2 Army. We're 100% sure to hit pretty hard, no matter if we win or loose.

1 hour ago, Bladedwind said:

Wait, don't don't Longbeards grumble and moan all the time? >.>

What are you implying ? Stop this nonsense and get back in line !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, given the 'objective scenario' emphasis of AoS I just don't see it.  Dwarfs were ALWAYS bad at scenarios, and any buffs that would give us even some reasonable mobility (ie the old Anvil, or Bear Riders, or Golems) would have to be so over the top as to make us no longer who we are. 

11 minutes ago, Quahog said:

Honestly, given the 'objective scenario' emphasis of AoS I just don't see it.  Dwarfs were ALWAYS bad at scenarios, and any buffs that would give us even some reasonable mobility (ie the old Anvil, or Bear Riders, or Golems) would have to be so over the top as to make us no longer who we are. 

How about give us objective secured as an ability if we capture it first? Make the enemy have to go through 30 Ironbreakers to get us off the objective. It takes a lot to actually reach an objective with this army, why not reward accomplishing this and also highlight the stubbornness of the Duardin?

• Like 3

What make us "slow"? The shield wall.

Static reroll failed save on units with a shield equipped? Too much?

Imagine a runic lore, like prayers for our Runelords to pick. You leave the basic 6+ save rune on the scroll and give us 6 more to chose one from:

-run and charge to an unit.

- add 1  rend to a unit

-add 5" range to a unit ranged attack

-no battleshock for 1 units

- add 2 to move to unit

-set un reserve a disengaged unit, can deepstrike next turn. (Stormcast can do it instantly!)

We bring 3 runelords to battlefield and now we have a fucktone of options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Furuzzolo said:

What make us "slow"? The shield wall.

Static reroll failed save on units with a shield equipped? Too much?

Imagine a runic lore, like prayers for our Runelords to pick. You leave the basic 6+ save rune on the scroll and give us 6 more to chose one from:

-run and charge to an unit.

- add 1  rend to a unit

-add 5" range to a unit ranged attack

-no battleshock for 1 units

- add 2 to move to unit

-set un reserve a disengaged unit, can deepstrike next turn. (Stormcast can do it instantly!)

We bring 3 runelords to battlefield and now we have a fucktone of options.

What blows me away is the fact the shield walls don't protect against shooting. 

5 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

What blows me away is the fact the shield walls don't protect against shooting. 

Yeah we fix that too. Maybe we shield wall and we can reroll ALL failed save if we don't charge.

So we can add movement with prayer, run to a midtable objective and form a shieldwall (4 move +2 rune +6 command point run= 12". Should be midtable)

• Like 1

From a pointy ear tomeless elf ****** without, Hang in there fellas!

Dwarfs are awesome and the public is loyal. Your time to shine will come, i bet the Gloomspite Scenary is an indicator of it.

(also gona add you guys on my GW survey)

Hold on to your beards!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, eciu said:

How about the Runelord prayer/rune dispelling current spell on a unit and automaticly unbinding next spell casted on same unit ? 

I like the dispel of an effect currently on a unit but to deny the next spell looks kinda "no counterplay" to me. And that's not fun game design but still very good idea! Does some faction interact with spells already casted? Looks unique!

1 minute ago, Furuzzolo said:

I like the dispel of an effect currently on a unit but to deny the next spell looks kinda "no counterplay" to me. And that's not fun game design but still very good idea! Does some faction interact with spells already casted? Looks unique!

It is good design. You just force enemy to first cast "whatever" spell to remove "auto-unbind" and then cast the spell he intents. 

Or just ignore "that" unit and cast all spells on different units, that's a counter-play. 

• Thanks 1

While we could get something like the old Rune on the BSB that let everyone get a march move before the game, I just do not see it. AoS is about marketing the $65-120 big flashy models and kits, and Dwarfs would not be Dwarfs. Sure, a Zeppelin would be great, but sadly they already made another army for that. 

• Like 1