AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

9 hours ago, Verminlord said:

Thoughts on this list?

Who do you guys stick the longbeards behind?

10 longbeards, 20 hammerers vs 30 hammerers?

Longbeards vs warriors?

This is just my personal opinion of course, but if I have to pick between Warriors and Longbeards, I would go with Longbeards (although really I'd pick Ironbreakers or Hammerers. ;) )

6 hours ago, raaaahman said:

Some questions here:

1. I see our war machines have moved (again!) in the Games Workshop online store from Ironweld arsenal to the Free People list. Could we still take these as allies?
  2. Where should we get our up-to-date info on our faction? Latest general handbook? Order allegiance book? Some online resource?

They haven't changed any allegiances yet, so right now GHB2018 is the most up to date resource.

• Thanks 1

I'd be curious to see the sales figures vs the amount of boxes produced for Dispossesed. The models seem to sell out quickly on GW, but it's hard to tell if people are buying large quantities or if it's just a small restock each time. It hasn't even been a full week since Longbeards/Hammerers, Quarrelers/Thunderers, and all their heroes restocked, and already the Runelord and Hammerers/Longbeards kits are unavailable again.

Thankfully I'm all set for the melee front for now, though I would love to get a few more boxes of Warriors in the future, and I just ordered two more boxes of Thunders, which will put my collection at 30 for both guns and crossbows, and I have all the heroes I need.

Edited by Bladedwind
Added text
  • Like 2

On 3/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, Bladedwind said:

I'd be curious to see the sales figures vs the amount of boxes produced for Dispossesed. The models seem to sell out quickly on GW, but it's hard to tell if people are buying large quantities or if it's just a small restock each time. It hasn't even been a full week since Longbeards/Hammerers, Quarrelers/Thunderers, and all their heroes restocked, and already the Runelord and Hammerers/Longbeards kits are unavailable again.

Thankfully I'm all set for the melee front for now, though I would love to get a few more boxes of Warriors in the future, and I just ordered two more boxes of Thunders, which will put my collection at 30 for both guns and crossbows, and I have all the heroes I need.

Either way whether it's a big restock or small restock it's a good thing if they're selling out, it tells GW that dispossessed are a popular and wanted faction. The sales figures won't lie and we all know that's what GW look at :D

• Like 3

Very true! I have to hold myself back a bit though. I've bought quite a bit, and I'm now trying not to just buy a whole bunch of Kharadron Overlords all at once to expand my Dwarfversity (I am not sorry)

I may have to buy some Fyreslayers, but as a standalone faction they bore me. Whose bright idea was it to name the leader of each unit the Karl? Every. Single. One.

Edited by Bladedwind
Spelling
  • Haha 1

Battle Report! I was at a doubles Tourney tonight. Played some weird tag teams and a casual game. I showed up and had no duo, so while the store owner tried to match everyone by Grand Alliance, I and another player had to make due wity the strange pairing  of Dispossesed and Beast Claw Raiderz. Rules were 1500 points per person.

My list was as follows:

1 Warden King 120 (Trait: Siegemaster)

1 Runelord 100 (Relic: Ancestral Pickaxe)

1 Runelordx100

30 Hammerers 420

20 Ironbreakers 280

20 Irondrakes 360

Total Points 1480

1st game was vs my roomate and another person lending him models, Nighthaunt vs Legion of Nagash. The objective was a moving one, and we managed to cap it before it moved to our side of the field. My roomate tried screening with Chain Radps, but even without rend the Irondrakes cleared them quickly. It was a slow slog, and sadly we ran out of time before my roomate coukd deepstrike with their Night Haunt elites. I tried teleporting with my Hammerers into the vampire lord but failed the charge even with the +2 to move and charge my partner gave with his endless spell. In fact, Dispossesed suffered no casualties Victory for Dispossesed and Beastclaw.

2nd round was Sylvaneth vs Grand Alliance Order with mostly Freeguild General and Crossbowmen, but also took a Hurricanum and a Luminark. Mode was 3 middle objectives with switching values. First time playing the trees and their terrain is a PAIN. This led to a slow but sure defeat ad our numbers were slowly hut surely whittled down and my opponents sufferes lityle casualties, as we had to deal with th e woods doing mortal wounds on very lucky rolls.

Sadly after that I was out of the tourney, but my duo partner and I played a 2k game after. Same list as above, but I added the following:

1 Cogsmith 100

1 Cannon 160

30 Warriors 280

Game mode was simple: we both had an objective on our side of the field, and had to mstch forward to take our opponents. My opponent went first and managed to charge my Ironbreakers, who took the charge like champions and lost 2 men, killing one of his larger models in retaliation. From there, I marched my right flank of Warriors up, who screened my Irondrakes and Warden King. My Runelords buffed my Irondrakes and Ironbreakers before the one with the pickaxe grabbed my 30 block of Hammerers. The cannon sadly missed  almost every shot, in one instance my opponent getting a lucky save on a 6 when I did hit.

Next combat I charged his general with my Warriors screening him and locking him in place (This was right aftertye teleport). From there I hold the line, and my Hammers came in after I won the next turn, charged the units he had left on guard duty, and capped the objective by turn 3, winning me the game.

Next post has pictures taken by the owner of the Silver Dragon Tavern of Miami Florida.

Edited by Bladedwind
Added text
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

I wish my local store had terrain like that. My small (three people) group is forced to use 40k terrain.

I think this is stuff the owner has had a long time. He's been playing since fantasy. In fact, he used to be a Dwarf player. They have 40k terrain there as well.

5 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Awesome looks like a lot of fun. It’s almost always the same weakness I see in every battle report though.... we’re just too slow. 

Yea, I feel you. Still, win or lose, I had a lot of fun. And I'm getting better with each game. One thing I will say though is that block of 30 Hammerers is SCARY. Especially if backed by a hero, they just refuse to budge

Edited by Bladedwind
Spelling

7 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Axe and shield for me as that is what comes on these old models, but if I had the choice id actually go pistol + bomb or dual pistols.

I also use the old models and im using the old thunderer champion he uses two pistols  and fits quite well.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Zadolix said:

Work has begun on these old timers in gromril. Leadbelcher spray is a god send! I've hit them with a coelia greenshade wash and drybrushed stormhost silver on them, next step is paint all that lovely detail.

They look great already!

3 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

Waiting for an update is getting so tiresome. I'm starting to wish I never bought Dispossessed. I want to read lore and enjoy the game but I can't really do that. 

I'm holding off until I see what the GHB looks like this year. With everyone getting such a dramatic increase in power, I have a feeling everything will be brought up at least a little bit in the next GHB.

Will it still be worse than having a tome? Probably. But I think it will be bearable until that happens.

12 minutes ago, kenshin620 said:

I mean it's called market research my fellow. 🙁

Unless it's because you bought a bunch during 8th edition.

This was early around 2016 so I didn't really know. I went to a GW store and told them I wanted Dwarfs. They asked if I wanted armored or naked Dwarfs and I told them I wanted armored. They pointed me towards Dispossessed and ever since then I've been on a depressing slide towards a hobby inferiority complex.