AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 3/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, Dammaz said:

You get that too with Irondrakes, with only 10 of them and a captain that litteraly wreck Monsters.

That's why I prefer Quarrellers.

Armoured / Big unit ? => Irondrakes

Lightly target / Big blop of thingy ? => 30 Quarrellers.

But I forgot to say, I play mostly in 2k - 2k5 pts.

Ah, I get your point here. That's a shame though, as I really love these old Thunderers minis of mine, and I will probably end up painting them anyway...

1 hour ago, Ironbreaker said:

How about giving us the statues and giving us the ability to blow them up North Korea style and have them topple on top of our enemies that break through our lines.

😮 Don't blow up our ancestors' statues, you fool!

What about Bugman's Brewery as our terrain? It would make every dispossessed in a radius fight like a (drunken) bear! (ad maybe even getting back on their feet after a beat down)

Edited by raaaahman
missclicked
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, raaaahman said:

Ah, I get your point here. That's a shame though, as I really love these old Thunderers minis of mine, and I will probably end up painting them anyway...

😮 Don't blow up our ancestors' statues, you fool!

What about Bugman's Brewery as our terrain? It would make every dispossessed in a radius fight like a (drunken) bear! (ad maybe even getting back on their feet after a beat down)

Feel no pain? And yeah, exploding dwarf ruins are not very dwarfy. :D

I hope in the new tome we can dish out some mortal wounds, but not to the point of all the time and the be all and end all. The new khorne tome is just a mortal wounds bonanza. I hope that our abilities swing the other way and actually give us very strong abilities in reducing mortal wounds and damage. e.g feel no pains that include mortal wounds, abilities that halve the amount of damage incl mortal wounds, some sort of roll that even reflect mortal wounds back onto the attacker.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

I hope in the new tome we can dish out some mortal wounds, but not to the point of all the time and the be all and end all. The new khorne tome is just a mortal wounds bonanza. I hope that our abilities swing the other way and actually give us very strong abilities in reducing mortal wounds and damage. e.g feel no pains that include mortal wounds, abilities that halve the amount of damage incl mortal wounds, some sort of roll that even reflect mortal wounds back onto the attacker.

I'd love for dispossessed to be a solid wall on the battlefield with cannons, anvils and some teleporting unit like miners. And especially the ponies for extra biting power and dynamite.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 4:35 PM, AlmGandix3 said:

"Grots are weedier these days!" Only works in the combat phase or is there a different buff you are referring to?

Woops ! My bad ! It is a combat phase buff only. I don't know why I thought it could work on shooting phase... :/

As I would love to see Bugman's Brewery (And Rangers !!) and miners back, I don't think we will.

In that case, Dispossessed would be too much close to what Dwarves were in Battle.

Just watching what other armies got (and I keep out of the picture gloomspite gitz that were a major rebrand of an old IP, which, in our scenario, would be Kharadron and Fyreslayers) I see a couple of metamorphed units for DoK, spells and terrain for Beasts of Chaos, Heroes, terrain and spells for Skaven and FeC.

We have plenty of units and I don't see us getting more, sadly. I bet on an Hero, obvsly a tome and updated rules, some runic manifestation endless-spells-like and MAYBE some terrain.

Do you think that realistic?

Edited by Furuzzolo

12 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Just watching what other armies got (and I keep out of the picture gloomspite gitz that were a major rebrand of an old IP, which, in our scenario, would be Kharadron and Fyreslayers) I see a couple of metamorphed units for DoK, spells and terrain for Beasts of Chaos, Heroes, terrain and spells for Skaven and FeC.

We have plenty of units and I don't see us getting more, sadly. I bet on an Hero, obvsly a tome and updated rules, some runic manifestation endless-spells-like and MAYBE some terrain.

Yeah you're probably right about that. One character can have a big impact, just look at the archregent.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

Yes, Definitely.

Who Else would be brave and stubborn enough to face the mighty hordes of the under empires?

The Dispossessds!

Who would crave to take back the ones mighty Karaks?

The Dispossesseds!!

Who would want too fulfill their oath?

The Dispossesseds!!!

an Who wants to see a mighty throng of hardcore dwarfs taking back what ones was there’s, showing this pesky Stormcast what it means to grumble?!

• LOVE IT! 2

17 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Does anyone know why the miner regiment box was ever discontinued? I put some together recently and actually it was a really good sprue. Great detail, LOADS of bits and not much wasted sprue space.

5b86d08ac3ef610ac05c5bcd5ef31569.jpeg

Dwarf_Miners_7th_Edition_Miniatures.jpg

They are a beauty! It's a shame they got discontinued but i plan to buy from ebay and use them as 2h weapon warriors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

They are a beauty! It's a shame they got discontinued but i plan to buy from ebay and use them as 2h weapon warriors.

Yes same :D I have these ones + skull pass ones for a full unit of 20 with the steam drill and Mining cart with harpoon. I even glued the blasting charges on every single one it looks great. And with the spare picks I changed some of the skull pass picks so they are look different.

I was actually thinking whether I can get away with using them as Longbeards since the weapon profile is the same.

25 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

The Dispossesseds!!!

an Who wants to see a mighty throng of hardcore dwarfs taking back what ones was there’s, showing this pesky Stormcast what it means to grumble?!

*sees username, suspects sneaky-sneaky trap*

sspcs.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Zadolix said:

Does anyone know why the miner regiment box was ever discontinued? I put some together recently and actually it was a really good sprue. Great detail, LOADS of bits and not much wasted sprue space.

If I recall correctly, they were limited to one unit per army max. From an army that wasn't in the top popular ones, it might have limited the sales somehow... Anyway, I have got some bits from it on e-bay and will kitbash some with an old warriors set. 'cause c'mon, dwarfs with pickaxes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, raaaahman said:

If I recall correctly, they were limited to one unit per army max. From an army that wasn't in the top popular ones, it might have limited the sales somehow... Anyway, I have got some bits from it on e-bay and will kitbash some with an old warriors set. 'cause c'mon, dwarfs with pickaxes.

I mean why not.

technically The miners are better looking dwarf warriors with double hand weapons🤗

Going to be playing quite a few games tonight vs various opponents - namely deathrattle, Ironjaws, and hosts of slaanesh.

Only small games but I'm taking a couple of lists. To be honest it's a toss up for me between Warden King and Longbeards as they both bring a good buff and combat potential, though I feel the Warden King has better survivability.

Allegiance: Dispossessed
- Grudge:  (Depends on opponent)
Mortal Realm: Chamon
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Grudgebearer 
- Artefact: Argent Armour 
Runelord (100)
10 x Warriors (80)
- Axes or Hammers & Shields
10 x Warriors (80)
10 x Thunderers (120)

Total: 500 / 500
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 40

- Grudge: (Depends on opponent)s
Runelord (100)
- General
- Trait: Resolute 
- Artefact: Godwrought Helm 
10 x Warriors (80)
10 x Warriors (80)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields
10 x Thunderers (120)

Total: 480 / 500
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 45

Soooo... I'm running a nice block or three of Ironbreakers, and some Irondrakes + Hammerers. But I REALLY MISS OUR SLAYERS. And while the Fyreslayers are not really proper Slayers, I feel like including some just because, well honestly, mowhawks and a giant monster option. But which monster though? As an ally, would you take the Father or the Son?

Well I played 3 games of knife to the heart. First game against Slaanesh was close and I used the warden king list, it came down my 2 heroes fighting off fiends and some daemonettes but in the end they killed them and took the objective. 

Second hame was against Legion of Nagash and the sacrament allegiance. Tried the list with just the Runelord and got stomped, I got the first turn but one unit of black knights deleted my 20 warriors in a double turn and it went downhill from there.

3rd game I played against the undead again and used this list:

- Grudge: Speed Merchants
Runelord (100)
- General
- Trait: Resolute 
- Artefact: Teardrop of Grugni 
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Ironbreakers (140)
10 x Miners (120)
- Allies

Total: 500 / 500
Allies: 120 / 200
Wounds: 35

My friend graciously let me use miners. But the highlight was the ironbreakers, damn those guys soaked a black Knight charge and then deleted them in one combat phase. Then the black knights were summoned back and they came again but this time they killed a unit of ironbreakers. My other unit held the line and killed a unit of skeletons and a Wight King. My miners meanwhile attacked the objective against a unit of skeletons, they were doing well between the pickaxe and the steam drill killing 3 skeletons in one hit! But they had a graveside and necromancer to replenish. In the end I won as no one had objectives and I killed more points worth of units. 

So yeah really happy with the ironbreakers in low points games, warriors disappointed me at this size game unfortunately, even with shield wall up constantly. It was good to get a better feel on unit capabilities though. Thunderers were great if I could keep them away from the enemy. 

Edited by Zadolix
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Cranky Dwarf said:

Honestly Even thought the monsters look great their performance has been kinda lackluster  I would recommend a runesmiter on foot and 20 vulkites. Gives your army a deepstrike ability much better than the pick.

And cheap enough to run the pick as well giving us two deepstrikes. Would you go picks or axes for the vulkites? I like the idea. May try to fit them in instead of my cannon with engineer.

Edited by Verminlord

On 3/15/2019 at 11:54 AM, Zadolix said:

5b86d08ac3ef610ac05c5bcd5ef31569.jpeg

Dwarf_Miners_7th_Edition_Miniatures.jpg

I’d love to know the answer to that as well.  It was a great kit, great detail, and unlike the warriors and marksmen, it’s also got a workable number of models in it too. 

I really like the miners old and new. Currently I use mine as warriors but since I only got 10 longboards I may use some miners as more of them. All my ponies and mining carts are going into conversions like my hurricanum and helstorm batteries, you can see the beginning in my profile pic.

• Like 1

Thoughts on this list?

Who do you guys stick the longbeards behind?

10 longbeards, 20 hammerers vs 30 hammerers?

Longbeards vs warriors?

- Grudge: Shoddy Craftsmanship

Leaders
Warden King (120)
- General
- Trait: Resilient 
- Artefact: Ancestral Pickaxe 
Runelord (100)
Runelord (100)
Auric Runesmiter (120)
- Runic Iron
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Warriors (240)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
20 x Hammerers (320)
20 x Ironbreakers (280)
10 x Longbeards (100)
- Great Axes & Shields

Units
20 x Irondrakes (360)
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- Pairs of Handaxes
- Allies

Total: 1980 / 2000
Allies: 360 / 400
Wounds: 140

Some questions here:

1. I see our war machines have moved (again!) in the Games Workshop online store from Ironweld arsenal to the Free People list. Could we still take these as allies?
  2. Where should we get our up-to-date info on our faction? Latest general handbook? Order allegiance book? Some online resource?
  3. Regarding Ancestral Pickaxe, it is said that unit coming on board with this ability count as "having moved" in this phase. How do you manage shieldwalls and other movement abilities from then? Since they do not count as "having ran" I do believe you can still shieldwall and shoot or charge. Am I correct? Also, in the source from this rule, do you put your units back on the table in "the next movement phase" or "the next turn's movement phase"? From what I read over the internet, it seems that everybody play that second option, but hey, still worth asking...