AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Someone really should show GW how even a hint that a faction is going to remain generates sales! 

Darn it if they could just give us a 1 year or so heads up on the current standing of the factions it would be something pretty darn big. And what would get those launches really flying off the shelves is if people were already beavering away getting ready for them! If you know 100% that Dispossessed were remaining as a solid faction without losing any models or losing only specific ones then you can bet the ones they would lose would sell fast to collectors and the rest would be flying off the shelves as people worked t oget painted forces ready for launch day. 

Meanwhile those with existing armies of those factions would sit back and go "Oh great my Dwarves are still going to be useable! Now I can start that "Insert name of other Warhammer army" that I've always wanted to do" 

• LOVE IT! 3

I've come up with a slight variation of the 2k list I've been planning. Lemme know what you all think. It foregoes artillery and focuses on a simple forward march.

1 Warden King 120

3 Runelords 300

30 Dwarf Warriors 240

30 Ironbreakers 360

30 Hammerers 420

20 Irondrakes 360

10 Longbeards 100

10 Longbeards 100

Total Point Value 2000/2000

41 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

I've come up with a slight variation of the 2k list I've been planning. Lemme know what you all think. It foregoes artillery and focuses on a simple forward march.

1 Warden King 120

3 Runelords 300

30 Dwarf Warriors 240

30 Ironbreakers 360

30 Hammerers 420

20 Irondrakes 360

10 Longbeards 100

10 Longbeards 100

That's a list i would play! You're very slow, tho.

I would maybe cut 10 longbears and 10 ironbreakers and add a cannon to long-range support your advance and help contest objectives! You can add any long range threat instead of a cannon, ballista or whatever...

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

1 Warden King 120

3 Runelords 300

30 Dwarf Warriors 240

30 Ironbreakers 360

30 Hammerers 420

20 Irondrakes 360

10 Longbeards 100

10 Longbeards 100

I like that list !

But it's quite slow. I would try to get some space for some fast moving allies like 6 endrinriggers/skywardens for instance (add more shooting and great mobility). Maybe by removing 1 runelords, 10 hammerers, 10 ironbreakers or 10 longbeards (maybe try different setups to see what's better).

7 minutes ago, brankignole said:

I like that list !

But it's quite slow. I would try to get some space for some fast moving allies like 6 endrinriggers/skywardens for instance (add more shooting and great mobility). Maybe by removing 1 runelords, 10 hammerers, 10 ironbreakers or 10 longbeards (maybe try different setups to see what's better).

A good point. I have Endrinriggers laying around from the KO Get Started Box, though I hope I haven't misplaced the little stands that prop them up

I much prefer cannon, when i see random value in the "attacks" i kinda freek out. I always try to do math while planning the turn, and those random numbers...not my thing.

Endrinrigger are way overcosted out of kharadron, such as even KO players start to play Evocators instead (in our allegiance they are high mobility, in KO heavy hitters. Kinda different role)

Still like fulminators more, to add mobility. But still, if you want to keep the duardin theme a couple of gyrobombers should do the job!(16 points x wound instead of the 30 points x wound of the endrinriggers)

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

I much prefer cannon, when i see random value in the "attacks" i kinda freek out. I always try to do math while planning the turn, and those random numbers...not my thing.

Endrinrigger are way overcosted out of kharadron, such as even KO players start to play Evocators instead (in our allegiance they are high mobility, in KO heavy hitters. Kinda different role)

Still like fulminators more, to add mobility. But still, if you want to keep the duardin theme a couple of gyrobombers should do the job!(16 points x wound instead of the 30 points x wound of the endrinriggers)

I see. Dropping a unit of Longbeards and about 10 Ironbreakers would put it in a good place. That way I still have three large infantry blobs to work with and plenty of support from the Runelords and Warden King

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bladedwind said:

The original list includes a cannon and a gun master, but doesn't have the warriors. What would be your opinion on an organ gun vs a cannon? I have a box that can make either that hasn't been assembled yet

I took out some plastic on the bottom frame of my cannons so I can exchange the heads. With that you can change it at will and try both the normal Cannon and organ gun

I'm quite enjoying the grudge thrower, solid reliable max damage on horde units or knocking chunks off heavier stuff. If the ironweld finally get the dispossessed keyword in the Cannons again then I can finally run 2 Cannons, a grudge thrower and a gunmaster in a dispossessed allegiance again :D

Edited by Zadolix
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 6:19 PM, Furuzzolo said:

Are you referring to the cancon finalist? Because he added evocators for very different reasons. Price not being the main one, and I have not seen any arguments on this forum for them being to expensive. He needed something to counter charge from behind a screen that could also take a hit and he needed some anti magic. When asked he felt endrinriggers to not be survivable enough and needing buffs which he’d rather give his shooting. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dammaz said:

Organ gun is quite the "Gamble gun" of AoS.

One turn it will do nothing, and one turn it will rip your opponent a new one.

Never played one, only did a few simulations castings, and that was... hilarious.

Play it a couple of times because the damage potential really affects some opponents* thus resulting in board control.

but I would rather take two or none  

* most of mine have learned to roll with it’s punches by know but that single 4+ can really mess with a game plan 😂

On 2/3/2019 at 6:57 AM, Kramer said:

Are you referring to the cancon finalist? Because he added evocators for very different reasons. Price not being the main one, and I have not seen any arguments on this forum for them being to expensive. He needed something to counter charge from behind a screen that could also take a hit and he needed some anti magic. When asked he felt endrinriggers to not be survivable enough and needing buffs which he’d rather give his shooting. 

Yes, more or less basing the argument on the cancon. I've read the report, yeah, and i play KO quite a lot.

The riggers do serve as a countercharge heavy hitters since the grappling gun change (before the change they were the alpha strike MVP super-mobility objective grabbers), right now the Evocators can soack more hits, do bring damage and a lot of wound/points compared to riggers. From that math came my argument! 

If you feel I'm wrong please tell me your exp with them cause i usually find Riggers pretty fragile and, without khemist, weak. (And i do not waste them like a beardling, i always try to squeeze the value out of them eheh)

edit... Sorry if i'm out of dispossessed topic but i think a debate around riggers could be usefull allies-talking.;)

Edited by Furuzzolo

7 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Yes, more or less basing the argument on the cancon. I've read the report, yeah, and i play KO quite a lot.

The riggers do serve as a countercharge heavy hitters since the grappling gun change (before the change they were the alpha strike MVP super-mobility objective grabbers), right now the Evocators can soack more hits, do bring damage and a lot of wound/points compared to riggers. From that math came my argument! 

If you feel I'm wrong please tell me your exp with them cause i usually find Riggers pretty fragile and, without khemist, weak. (And i do not waste them like a beardling, i always try to squeeze the value out of them eheh)

edit... Sorry if i'm out of dispossessed topic but i think a debate around riggers could be usefull allies-talking.;)

No of course you’re right in the arguments above but that’s a heel of lot more  concrete (and therefore helpful in making a choice) than ‘they are way overcosted out of kharadron to the point KO players are taking evocaters. As a reference I’ve been playing KO more and more since last may but mainly play 1,5K and no tournaments.

Because of the arguments above tankyness, anti magic, do more damage. Which are all true compared to Endrinriggers. Is that what your missing in Dispossessed? We can tank as a boss, and our runelords are the only thing I know of that get +2 to unbinding! And he has other uses as well. 

We do lack mobility that the riggers do provide. Although if that’s your use for them skyroggers might be worth a looks well. Take six two grapnels and two volley guns. Don’t engage but use them to threaten going over your opponents while shooting. 

So for me evocaters deff the better unit in terms of damage, tankyness and anti magic, but riggers offer mobility and as wardens a bit more ranged. 

So what do you need in your allies? What can you already do with your list? What holes do you need to fill?  For me no necessary a right or wrong answer if you don’t take the lists in account. 

Tldr: I do agree with your assesment but not the Riggers are way overcosted statement. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Tldr: I do agree with your assesment but not the Riggers are way overcosted statement. 

Yai I understand your point and re-reading my reply i seem very aggressive but that's not the case, i struggle to translate in english my "tone".

I do agree  that Evocator are worst allies then Riggers if we put them in the "Dipo-ally basket" but i'm still on my idea that we have better options for mobility ally and that out of allegiance riggers are not super performing. By the way in those years i learned that differents "pilot" on the table can get different results with the units they field. Maybe i struggle to see the strenght of the Riggers compared to other cause my playstyle is different then your!

For istance i very like what the Steam Tank bring to the table, can run to objective and setup a countercharge for slow units, others in this post do not like it and would never bring it to the table.  😋

Sorry again if my post was badly written!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Yai I understand your point and re-reading my reply i seem very aggressive but that's not the case, i struggle to translate in english my "tone".

I do agree  that Evocator are worst allies then Riggers if we put them in the "Dipo-ally basket" but i'm still on my idea that we have better options for mobility ally and that out of allegiance riggers are not super performing. By the way in those years i learned that differents "pilot" on the table can get different results with the units they field. Maybe i struggle to see the strenght of the Riggers compared to other cause my playstyle is different then your!

For istance i very like what the Steam Tank bring to the table, can run to objective and setup a countercharge for slow units, others in this post do not like it and would never bring it to the table.  😋

The real question is, why no dispossessed at Cancon and under representation at other events?   And what are we going to do about it! 

I wont get mine complete for my next event but hope to get them done for a few later in the year.  Just ordered 20 Ironrakes 😁

15 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

No worries :). But what would you suggest fo mobility ally? Riggers being Duardin is a big plus but there is plenty of options out there of course. I think fly, ranged attack and some wound/armour save would be perfect. So maybe prosecutors? but looking at the profile I don't think they will really outperform the riggers/skywardens.

Or Khinerai? They absolutely ruled in the few games I took them with DoK. The ability to keep them up high until whenever is amazing. IF your patient enough that 80pts unit means your opponent can never ever leave his backfield objective. You could also tunnel up drakes, then drop them as a screen in front. Maybe giving you that extra turn of shooting.  Big bases to drop in as a screen also helps. But they fold to a stiff breeze of course. The extra move after shooting is situational. (you need to be in shooting range and then a 4+ for an extra six inch move) but very useful when it works. 

Never played the Steam Tank, I would love to try it though. 

I uploaded this on reddit but I figured I would share this little guy here. His name is Sergeant Svenson. I wanted one of my Hammerers to looka little different, and act as a second in command to the unit fluff wise. I was thinking of digging out a tray from the Quarrelers/Thunders that I had laying around and giving him a pipe as well. Also still need to add his shoulder plate

20190203_165913.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I'm still fond in a good couple of dracothian guard guys but i really don't like the Stormcast look side by side with Dispossessed models (I like the general look of the minis but not togheter). Fulminators can land devastating charges and deal mortal wounds ranged + very tanky. Few wounds/points tho.

More i think about this the more i like the vulkite berzerker bloab deepstrike with the runesmiter, it does really match our pickaxe ability BUT I'm scared of splitting so many points from the main army in deep strike.