Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Tomlin

AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

On 1/18/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ironbreaker said:

I looked through the new Gloomspite Gits battletome and the only mention that points towards Dispossessed is the mention of Grots taking over Duardin Karaks in the list of places Grots are likely to use to create their lairs. It also mentions Fyreslayer Magmaholds in the list so they must be considered separate things in the universe. 

I’m reading the gloomspite tome closely but slowly. Just read reference to cogforts!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrDemento said:

I’m reading the gloomspite tome closely but slowly. Just read reference to cogforts!  

What about Cogforts?

11 hours ago, xking said:

What about Cogforts?

The lore on motivations for forces of destruction (page 10)  states they are “driven to seek out and destroy bastions of civilization.  Isolated hamlets and roaming cogforts...”

Nothing we haven’t heard before, just another nod.

I think the best hope for Dispossessed given a recent trend we’re seeing in army-specific scenery prieces (BoC temple, Loon shrine) or large centerpiece models more generally would be centered around a cogfort model that could move slowly during the the game and provide range buffs and debuffs.  

Not saying anything new here, just another ray of hope.

Would also resonate with trend in references to Chamon realm of metal.

Also, gloomspite lore is all about conquering the dank and dark places of the realms, underground and otherwise. New troggoth models have Duardin elements in them (broken statues, etc.).  So, maybe Dispossessed will be forced from their underground strongholds yet again to roam the realms in cogforts.

Just now, DrDemento said:

So, maybe Dispossessed will be forced from their underground strongholds yet again to roam the realms in cogforts.

I doubt the throngs would so easily abandon their Karaks, especially after retaking them from Chaos.

26 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I doubt the throngs would so easily abandon their Karaks, especially after retaking them from Chaos.

Yeah I doubt they will abandon them. But you have to think, Gloomspite, Skaven, FeC, beasts of Chaos (I think), Khardron, and Dispossessed are all in Chamon and it has been talked about and referenced heavily in the past couple weeks/months. I’m betting we see a campaign like Vigilus from 40k but in AoS taking place in Chamon. And what an end to that campaign it would be if the dwarfs get a release.