AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

On 1/18/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ironbreaker said:

I looked through the new Gloomspite Gits battletome and the only mention that points towards Dispossessed is the mention of Grots taking over Duardin Karaks in the list of places Grots are likely to use to create their lairs. It also mentions Fyreslayer Magmaholds in the list so they must be considered separate things in the universe. 

I’m reading the gloomspite tome closely but slowly. Just read reference to cogforts!  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xking said:

What about Cogforts?

The lore on motivations for forces of destruction (page 10)  states they are “driven to seek out and destroy bastions of civilization.  Isolated hamlets and roaming cogforts...”

Nothing we haven’t heard before, just another nod.

I think the best hope for Dispossessed given a recent trend we’re seeing in army-specific scenery prieces (BoC temple, Loon shrine) or large centerpiece models more generally would be centered around a cogfort model that could move slowly during the the game and provide range buffs and debuffs.  

Not saying anything new here, just another ray of hope.

Would also resonate with trend in references to Chamon realm of metal.

Also, gloomspite lore is all about conquering the dank and dark places of the realms, underground and otherwise. New troggoth models have Duardin elements in them (broken statues, etc.).  So, maybe Dispossessed will be forced from their underground strongholds yet again to roam the realms in cogforts.

26 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I doubt the throngs would so easily abandon their Karaks, especially after retaking them from Chaos.

Yeah I doubt they will abandon them. But you have to think, Gloomspite, Skaven, FeC, beasts of Chaos (I think), Khardron, and Dispossessed are all in Chamon and it has been talked about and referenced heavily in the past couple weeks/months. I’m betting we see a campaign like Vigilus from 40k but in AoS taking place in Chamon. And what an end to that campaign it would be if the dwarfs get a release. 

33 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I doubt the throngs would so easily abandon their Karaks, especially after retaking them from Chaos.

Right, not abandon but some would be forced out.  Maybe cogforts are to reclaim the lost karaks and free cities, maybe the underground pathways are blocked by the gloomspite and skaven.  I’m not a lore expert by any means, really just glean bits here and there.

I just read Soul Wars by Josh Reynolds ( @JReynolds ), missing the last 30 pages to be honest and i must say that it is a beautiful book.

Really doubling on the depths and relation between nagash-Sigmar, souls serving the one-Stormcast etc; but that's not the topic.

I want to set this spoiler-free but in the book some pages are spent narrating battle and in this battle Dispossessed duardin from the rivers clan fight alongside the others faction in the book. The description of those brave duardins is very refreshing and their Thane, his wit and  pragmatism are everithing Dispossessed are in my mind.  We may not have a rulebook, a tome and a narrative main plot-line but thanks to the work of Black Library writer such as Josh we can still fill part of the setting.

I recommend the book to all of you, we may not be the main characters in it but reading about Duardin go to war and the roar of our weapons satisfied my duardin- need.

Woah I’ve been out of the loop.

But I just realised today, that with some rethinking, the hammerer/longbeard kit could in theory provide for 3 units; warriors, longbeards and hammerers.  

If you used the hammerer bodies with the sheilds and hand weapons, or stuck with the great axes, they’d happily stand in for warriors yes?  I’m just thinking that the older warrior kits are maybe a bit past it, and the Viking look is beat out too.

I’ve been tempted to do this myself for a long time btw.

Oh, and the theoretical ‘new thorgrim’ model?  Make his throne bearers exact doubles of hammerers too.

5 hours ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

Woah I’ve been out of the loop.

But I just realised today, that with some rethinking, the hammerer/longbeard kit could in theory provide for 3 units; warriors, longbeards and hammerers.  

If you used the hammerer bodies with the sheilds and hand weapons, or stuck with the great axes, they’d happily stand in for warriors yes?  I’m just thinking that the older warrior kits are maybe a bit past it, and the Viking look is beat out too.

I’ve been tempted to do this myself for a long time btw.

Oh, and the theoretical ‘new thorgrim’ model?  Make his throne bearers exact doubles of hammerers too.

Still working on my Ironbreakers and Warden King, but the prospect of something as proxies for warriors is interesting! Haven't cracked a box of Longbeards, but isn't their armor a tad too ornate to be warriors? Is a neat idea though! When I get around to getting a box I'll have to look at the sprew!

• Thanks 2

Hey friends! In new to this forum.

This is the army that i am building(i have been building it for one year as im so slow builder perfeccionist that i need 3 hours to build one ironbreaker per example)

I am done with the dispossesed build and ironweld but i have to build the fyreslayer minis yet.

This is th list that i got:

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Runelord (100)
Warden King (120)
Runelord (100)
Auric Runesmiter on Magmadroth (200)
- Forge Key
Battlesmith (120)
Grimwrath Berzerker (80)

Battleline
10 x Warriors (80)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
10 x Warriors (80)
- Double-handed Duardin Axes & Shields
20 x Vulkite Berzerkers (240)
- Pairs of Handaxes

Units
30 x Ironbreakers (360)
20 x Irondrakes (360)

War Machines
Gyrobombers (80)
Gyrobombers (80)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 139

I gonna put the artefact to the magmadroth of ignore rend so it have with the battlesmith a ignore rend,rerrol save of 4.

The idea is have the bombers and warriors getting objetives,then have 3 hard hitting units with the irondrakes and ironbreakers buffed by the runelord and the command ability of the king and also 20 vulkites buffed by the runesmitter and the battlesmith.

So i have many hard hitting units and pretty tanky and also some cheap units to get objetives.

What do you think?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

What do you think?

That's a good army! I can see you play the objective game pretty well.

A good mix of anvils and hammers (a bit low on damage output, tho).

I'm a fan of Bombers but as two separate units they do lose some potential (2 activation in combat and 2 drops rather then 1), right now i would not bring them as allies but in an Order army they can work! 

I like it! You could fit into some free city ruleset to get wider options range, i guess but my knowledge on them is very low. (Tempest eye etc)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Yeah I doubt they will abandon them. But you have to think, Gloomspite, Skaven, FeC, beasts of Chaos (I think), Khardron, and Dispossessed are all in Chamon and it has been talked about and referenced heavily in the past couple weeks/months. I’m betting we see a campaign like Vigilus from 40k but in AoS taking place in Chamon. And what an end to that campaign it would be if the dwarfs get a release. 

I don't know about Gloomspite, but every other faction is also in Shyish. Or every other Realm for that matter. 

But I agree on the campaign. Since every faction has a reason to be in any realm. Chamon is a good a place as any to stage it! 

Hey @prochuvi welcome aboard ! 

Your list is pretty nice but unfortunately as @Furuzzolo pointed out gyrobombers are underwhelming ! 

I'd suggest swapping them for gyrocopters as they are a tad better but the best choice would be to drop them.. then again.. bombers/copters win the rule of cool by far, so if you're not interested into being as strong as possible, they rock !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks guys! Yes i know. I have them magneticed so i can change betwen copter or bomber.

But i chose bomber because i wont use them to hit,only to move to objetives fast and grab them,because my army is slow and bomber have longer weapon than copter and one extra wound.

I have other army of 1650 stormcast and a dragonlord and i know that changue the bombers for prosecutors is way better,but....,..........i want a full dwarf army!

Also i would like run them as tempest eye but fyreslayers arent in any firestorm alegiance so i cant

• Like 1

Ladz, some good and bad news from the rumor thread!

Looks like some GW co-worker stated that the team behind Gloomspite Gitz is working right now on Dispossessed BUT that gw esitated to do so cause they were selling pretty good anyhow.

So what to do now, do we stop our cashlanding stream or do we buy more duardins?? 🤔

• LOVE IT! 1

44 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Looks like some GW co-worker stated that the team behind Gloomspite Gitz is working right now on Dispossessed BUT that gw esitated to do so cause they were selling pretty good anyhow.

So what to do now, do we stop our cashlanding stream or do we buy more duardins?? 🤔

Damn you if you do, damn you if you don't ?

It's quite hilarious how GW can still grief people :P

On Sunday, I will he participating in a local tourney for AoS. Store is pretty laid back with friendly players and owner, and the game will be 1000 points. (Owner of the store used to he a dwarf player during fantasy and seems really happy I'm fielding Dispossessed.)

List is simple and straightforward: 1 Warden King, 1 Runelord, 20 Warriors, 20 Ironbreakers, 20 Thunderers, and 10 Longbeards

54 minutes ago, Bladedwind said:

1 Warden King, 1 Runelord, 20 Warriors, 20 Ironbreakers, 20 Thunderers, and 10 Longbeards

That looks a fine laid back list! Just be aware that your bite is weak and you need to pick you fight carefully...Warriors with 2h and Longbeards with 2h could do well, Thunderers kinda shoots confetti. Ironbreakers became reasonables with warden king, longbeards and runelord buffs but you need to setup that charge pretty well.

31 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

That looks a fine laid back list! Just be aware that your bite is weak and you need to pick you fight carefully...Warriors with 2h and Longbeards with 2h could do well, Thunderers kinda shoots confetti. Ironbreakers became reasonables with warden king, longbeards and runelord buffs but you need to setup that charge pretty well.

Ah yes, I did forget to mention both the warriors and longbeards are wielding both 2h axes and shields. I picked Thunderers for precision and because if I use Quarrelers I would prefer 30.

• Thanks 1