AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

37 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Good Grugni, it's a bit broken! I mean, i like it but 3+ save, ignore -1/2 rend and nurgle 5+ save! 🤣

The damage output is high. Would cost around 600-700 points, i guess.

Isn't damage output similar (if not bit worse) than a new Wrecking Teams ? (big double Squigs) 

17 hours ago, eciu said:

Isn't damage output similar (if not bit worse) than a new Wrecking Teams ? (big double Squigs) 

They average 7-21 vs 4+ save.

The ancient warden:

Vanilla 2-16

Reroll1 hit 2-18

Reroll 1 hit; -1 rend 6-20

Reroll 1 hit; -1 rend; +1 wound 8-22

The damage are kinda ok for a 300 points model. Maybe remove the nurgle save and add: something something channel the power of Grugni and if a Runelord use is ability within 10" from a warden the warden gain the benefit aswell.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

Was there any specific reason why they conceded? 

But congrats on the win though, what army were you playing against?

Skaven
I obliterated his two heroes using Irondrakes and he conceded turn 3 with just two hoard size clan rats left. He tried to table me rather than play the objective.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 4:57 AM, Ironbreaker said:

How do you play Dispossessed in objective games? I'm looking over battleplans in the GHB and most seem like guaranteed loses. I know pickaxe is our bread and butter, but it still seems very limited. I usually play against skaven and the hoard and mortal wound spam is already pretty daunting, let alone trying to race to objectives.

So, did we help you in the last 2 months? 😉

1 hour ago, Arkanaut Admiral said:

It seems like every faction needs a sort of national hero (the Loonking for the grots for example) .  I guess that means that naturally we need one.  A king looking to rebuild the khazild empire and avenge all the grudges.

Hmmmm, perhaps someone grim and Thor-like? Who bears grudges? 

I like this. We could put him on a big mount and give him some kind of awesome rune weapon and a pile of special rules. 

We could call him...Grudgegrim Thorbearer? Hm, doesnt sound quite right...

• Haha 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hi all. There is a doubles tournament coming up at the end of March in my store and I wanted to ask for some advice! My partner is my own brother, who plays Idoneth Deepkin and I will be representing the noble Dawi.

So what I'd like to ask is if anyone has any experience with Idoneth and how they would work well with us. It is 1000 points each, for reference.

It has been discussed on this thread how at just 1000 points it is generally better to have more wounds on the board rather than going for elite units. I wondered if this would change with a teammate also fielding 1000 points. 

Would like a discussion on this, so would appreciate any thoughts and ideas about lists or the doubles format in general!

Also, @Dammaz I'd like to see this 'Grudge-Keeper' we've all been talking about become our named hero. Now that we're living amongst the Umgi in the Free Cities, it wouldn't have to be a High King necessarily, but we must have some kind of political system separate to them? So maybe some kind of elder dwarf statesman who speaks for the Dwarfs and represents them? 

13 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

So, did we help you in the last 2 months? 😉

Kind of, I believe you guys mentioned playing the objective so that's what I did.

10 hours ago, Dammaz said:

Glad you push those squeeky rats away ! What was his list again ?  Skryre ? Verminus ?

Did he got a specific tactic, or did he rush head on ?

(Getting info, my dear beloved one is starting Skryre soon... :/ )

He ran a mix of Skryre and Verminus with a Demon Prince of Slaanesh thrown in because he wanted to try it. Here was his list.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Skaven Warlord (100)
- Shield & Warpforged Blade
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest
Daemon Prince (160)
- General
- Sword
- Trait: Dark Avenger
- Mark of Chaos: Slaanesh

Battleline
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Blade
40 x Clanrats (200)
- Rusty Spear

Units
1 x Warp Grinder Weapon Team (80)
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Total: 990 / 1000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 105

We played Starstike and his plan was the tunnel 40 clanrats onto my backline. First turn started with me going first and starting the usual artillery battle with my Organ gun against his Lightning cannon.  I got it down to two wounds and he got my gun down to one wound.  We also moved out armies up to prepare for the first objective drop. The objective landed in the center of the game board and on deadly terrain so we were both a bit cautions to approach it. We ended up contesting it. The 40 clan rats broke from underground in my territory. They charged my artillery and gunmaster. The organ gun was destroyed by them.  The gunmaster held them off with with just one wound left. My Irondrakes moved within range of his Skaven Warlord and obliterated him with 18 drakegun blazes at 3+/2+/-2. The two last objectives dropped at the start of turn 3. Mine dropped thankfully right where I had my Ironbreakers stationed. His fell in the far end of his territory, but he was too far pushed up in an aggressive play style to hold it.  My gunmaster unloaded all his weapons into the clanrat hoard and beat them with his telescope. He managed to kill 5 before being torn apart beneath the tide of skaven later. Ironrakes targeted the demon prince and scorched him hard with one wound left. Ironbreakers had left the objective to block the clanrats heading to my objective and my runelord and the remaining gun crew moved back to hold the objective. The demon prince flew into my territory and charged the Irondrakes stationed near my objective to try and contest it. He tore into my irondrakes and killed four of them but his demonic rampage was cut short by the mailed fists of the irondrakes. I forgot to mention his flamer and cannon were taken out also by my warriors charging forwards. He was left with just his two clan rat units and conceded after his prince died. I didn't even score a single victory point.  

• LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Ragnar Alpaca said:

@Grim Grudgebearer Do you know what your brother’s deepkin list is? Without any prior knowledge I would suggest to go wide though, warriors, and then some ranged support for the deepkin. I’m sure he’s bringing eels, so you won’t have to worry about getting into melee first. 

We're both quite flexible on what we can bring. He likes eels so I expect he will bring a few. I'll be talking to him tomorrow so we can do some planning then. 

My thought was if he can hit hard and fast early on, I may be able to sit back and support with a lot of ranged fire. Though this will obviously depend on what we end up fighting :D

I looked through the new Gloomspite Gits battletome and the only mention that points towards Dispossessed is the mention of Grots taking over Duardin Karaks in the list of places Grots are likely to use to create their lairs. It also mentions Fyreslayer Magmaholds in the list so they must be considered separate things in the universe. 

55 minutes ago, Ironbreaker said:

I looked through the new Gloomspite Gits battletome and the only mention that points towards Dispossessed is the mention of Grots taking over Duardin Karaks in the list of places Grots are likely to use to create their lairs. It also mentions Fyreslayer Magmaholds in the list so they must be considered separate things in the universe. 

That makes me happy to see them listed as separate things, as well as them still being called Karaks. 

20 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Yes very much so. In the black library books I read so far Dispossessed are referenced as building ancient kingdoms in the mountains full of handcrafted wonder, pretty much same old same old*, but driven out in the ages of chaos. Dispossessed following the craftsman god and fyreslayers follow Grimnir as the warrior god. Just started Realmslayer so for good stuff in there  

*’ahem as is tradition’

• Like 1